Monster Hunter Worlds

Let's stop shitposting for a second and discuss what monsters we would like to see in the base game and the inevitable G rank expansion. Here's hoping my boy Gog is in.

every single thing ever made in this series ever should be in. i wouldn't even care if they didn't make any new shit

I'm not quite sure they would be able to fit that many monsters in the game user.

sure they could

but they won't

Gog never user, be reasonable. We'll only get some new monsters and the Kut-ku generation. Plus a few other universally wanted Monsters like Brachy.

I don't mind them bringing back the Yians as long as they fix Garuga's instant charge. No one can defend that shit.

I want everything
I'll settle for Crabs

The ideal would be every monster in mainline comes back, but that's probably not gonna happen. At least not this time.

I want them all, even the shitty ones. Imagine having the definitive Monster hunter game, imagine the sheer amount of content you'd have in it. From armours, to weapons, to monsters, to quest combinations and everything in between.

fuck the monsters. If they change a single thing about CB's moveset from 4u I will have a fucking shitfit

Bring back my nigga dalamadur, without hidden attribute his weps are decent and he looked cool as shit.

They'll keep the changes from Gens and XX on World, and somehow make the CB even worse.

That would be fucking great. But balancing would be a complete shit fest.

i don't worry about the monsters i just worry that it wouldn't sell as much. then the shitposting would come back triplefold if it fails .

>balancing
We've never had that before anyway.

white fatalis. absolute bowgun is my weaponfu, and i would love to see it in hd.

Don't say that shit user. I know the leak was mostly bullshit but I'm still afraid they're gonna "streamline" the best fucking moveset in the game to make it easier for newcomers, or whatever that guy said

:^)

Come on user, you knew I was joking.
Not about the weapons though.

At least styles are gone so balance should be slightly better than it was in XX.

Apparently MHWorld has been in development for 4 or 5 years
There's a good chance there will be a high number of monsters at launch.
And considering the platform and current state of things, I wouldn't be surprised if there was paid DLC expansions for more monsters later on.

Why do people choose to post in shitposting threads instead of threads like this one?
It's unlikely but I'm hoping for Glavenus.

Until GS buffs and Gunlance nerfs.

>paid DLC expansions
I'd be awfully tempted, but it'd have to be a reasonable amount of content for a fair price.
Then there'd be issues with connecting to players without the DLC, because I doubt they'd let you hunt monsters you didn't pay for.

Because Sup Forums doesn't like actual discussion.

Monster Hunter has always had G-Rank expansions so it'll probably be like that.

I want bubble lizard. Soap dinosaur is best dinosaur. I want to marry soap dinosaur. Bubbles everywhere. thx.

Do you guys think transmog will be implemented in the game? I wouldn't discard the possibility as it's somewhat established in the western games

yeah, if the game doesn't come out with G-rank, I'm hoping it'll be a DLC instead of a full game.

I don't see any reason why they would remove it.

Huh yeah. They could just lock players without the DLC from joining, but not actually seeing.

It'd still kill the mood when your new buddy can't join you in the next monster, but that's not a major issue if they just fix their stupid lobbies and their settings options.

It's probably going to be mostly new monsters, so realistically we're going to see 3-10 old ones returning, depending on roster size.

That said

Cuga
Los/Ian
Blos
Tiggy

Are almost guaranteed spots on returning monsters

Why do you think it'll be mostly new monsters?

Intuition mostly. Seems like another tri scenario.

I'm guessing they'll pull the few 'top big known names' from the previous titles and a bunch of new things. They're going after a big, new audience and need to hook them tightly.

They don't need to turn the entire game into a nostalgia trip for existing fans; they need to bring in a new audience if possible/where possible.

Actual MH fans are going to get it either way. Success will hinge on attracting newcomers.

But Tri was all about that underwater combat
World is about living breathing worlds, and with a cast of monsters that they already know how they should behave, why would they go out of their way to make nothing but new ones?
Everyone knows that Monoblos and Diablos are desert fairing herbivors, or that Khezu is a blind leech.
We've known these monsters for years and adjusting their AI to actually act like they've always supposed to have acted would be a fucking lot easier.

Platypus monster

>People still complain about Garuga's charge

Glavenus is pretty likely. Flagships are very rarely dropped.

It's already a monster.

yeah but X is a spin off game and doesn't really count.
Also its silly.

Gog was a fucking terrible fight like every single giant monster

>Gog was a fucking terrible fight
I will fight you. Literally the best giant monster.

>babbys first mh
Sonnygers can have it

>People still defend a monster that spams a 1 frame startup attacks that hits for 3/4 your hp

I soloed g rank one horned demon king and garuga is still bullshit

Glavenus will still be tagging along. Too much time was put into those four for them to be dropped right off the bat.

Glavenus is the best of the gen monsters so that's fine

Hopefully Fatalis will be an actually bearable fight this time

>Then there'd be issues with connecting to players without the DLC, because I doubt they'd let you hunt monsters you didn't pay for.
They could do it like the Dark Souls games where the DLC is included in an update.

I could see the Soap Dragon making it back, cause he was a design for... Tri I think? And they just wanted an excuse to bring him in.
Glavenus is silly, you might as well bring Bear REX from MGS:PWs Monster Hunter missions into the game.

I hope there is some nighttime monster that is spooky as shit

>you might as well bring Bear REX from MGS:PWs Monster Hunter missions into the game.
Why not

Alatreon is the only giant monster that's even a decent fight, almost all the others have stupid moves that are only hard to dodge because the camera wasn't designed for fighting such big stuff

Gog itself is just spam insect glaive until you win

How is Glavenus more silly than Brachydios, Gore Magala, or Zinogre?

Also nerscylla

But I want to get my Predator on in the jungle map

Glavenus isn't any sillier than Gravios, a fucking dragon that's too heavy to fly that shoots laserbeams and farts sleeping gas.

>Alatreon is the only giant monster that's even a decent fight
That's because he's just a reskinned Kushala.

Hoping for the following:

>Kut-ku
>Basarios
>Monoblos
>Daimyo Hermitaur
>Shen Gaoren
>Nargacuga
>Lunastra

I understand your anger. Fuck gen's CB moveset.

Nerscylla

my fucking nigger

Love that fight, and it would look awesome with updated graphics

Kushala being the funnest fight of the three main elder dragons

Rusted Kush can suck a dick though

>Alatreon
>giant monster
It's not that big, we're talking the massive ones.

NO KUT-KU NO BUY

>Kushala being the funnest fight of the three main elder dragons
Only on the virtue of the other two being fucking unbearable.

I hope none of the old monsters are in minus raths

Start again with better recreations.

Some of the older gen monsters are great in concept, they just need some major reworks.

Have the required specs for the game even been hinted at? Do you think a GTX 1050ti will be enough to play it? As a third world shitter I've missed the hype train for new games my whole life and I don't want to miss this one, even if it's the worst game ever made I want to see it happen.

Eh Teostra is alright, he hits super hard but all his moves are easily punishable

Chamelos is either super easy or he'll pull some bullshit and kill you all out of nowhere

ok stop, consider
World is supposed to be based on Ecosystems rite?
If a big monster is doing something, its either being natural or reacting to something.
Lao shan lung is a peaceful monster.
The only reason you hunted it in previous games was because it was running from something.
Lao Shan Lung only runs from Fatalis.
Can you imagine being in a fight with Lao Shan Lung and then fuckin Fatalis shows up and starts wrecking shit?

Personally I want to be in the middle of a mission only to look up and see a Shen Gaoren just walking over.

Kick-ass fight in 4u, shame it was so easy once you learned how to stick to it.

Could be awesome in any map in World. Creeps down from trees to initiate, jumps around from tree to tree leaving webs behind to trap you in, shit like that.

Desert could be just the same fight and itd still be sweet

Chameleos is an absurd damage sponge because of his shit hit zones and Teo can pull out some hot garbage. Especially now that he has blast.

The only thing that caught me out with new gen Teostra was that fucking supernova attack. Literally the only attack that even carted me, it's huge and it doesn't have all that much of a windup either. I got used to it very eventually.

Did they ever explain why Gaoren keeps trying to wreck shit? I don't remember other than him just kinda waltzing in and acid bombing things for shits and giggles.

Also I'd like the same except you look up to see Yama Tsukami just floating on past maybe munching on some trees.

you mean the one where he jumps up and explodes? It's on a timer, it always happens 90 seconds after he goes into rage mode, unless you knock him out of rage with a mount or stun, if you allocate someone to keep track of the time and have them ping when it's getting close then that move becomes way less dangerous

im really hoping for them to add the god damn yama tsukami, but i know they won't :\

I want a mostly new roster again. Also expand on species that only have one or two monsters to their name. To this date Zinogre and Stygian are the only Fanged Wyvern, add some more already. Same with Nerscylla's species, add in a new monster or two. Add in some new flying Wyvern that AREN'T Tigrex, Narga, or Kut-Ku skeletons or do something unique like Qurupeco. On a personal note, because there's no underwater combat design some Leviathans that can actually fight on land and hold their own like Ivory Lagiacrus and Purple Ludroth did in Tri U. Standard Lagi and Royal Ludroth were severely gimped in Generations due to the lack of water, and we still haven't seen Gobul come back because even the devs know it doesn't work properly without water.

>Getting invaded by fucking elder dragons

Sweet Jesus I didn't even think of the possibility

Lagiacrus
Brachydios
Glav
Narga
Kirin
Steve
Tigrex
Kut Ku
Agnaktor
Deviljho
Chameleos
Zamtrios
Zinorge
Teosta/lunestra
Meme snake (forget its name but i love it)
Barroth
Barioth (i think thats its name? Ice flying tigrex in gen3)
Bubbles
Chunk (the fatass with the giant tail)
Molesteo
Magala
Sailor armor
plesioth

This is my wish list so far. I'd be happy with no sub species and just a shit ton of mons instead.

>Plesioth

They just passivly wonder around their territory, which is massive, and attack things it feels threatens it, like towns and forts.

Holy shit I wish I knew that earlier

>there are people that like najarala
holy

>Meme snake
Najarala or Dalamadur?

>Barioth
Yeah, that's it.

>Chunk
Duramboros?

>Sailor armor
I like you. I hope for all the stuff like that, and joke weapons too.

I want to be stalked at night by Nerscylla and Nargacouga. I want to be invaded by Deviljho during gathering quests. I want to fight HD Seltas Queen and get jumped mid fight by a new Seltas King. I want Rajang and Glavenus to weed out the trash. And I absolutely need to bully Hermitaur whenever I can.

Please deliver.

>tfw no more Deviant Armour
The fights were shit but hot damn that Snow Baron Lagombi set.

All these games and he's still not fixed.

those armor are ugly as fuck

>Molesteo

Snowbaron was a good Lagombi though, and the Red Helm Bear was significantly better than his normal version.

pls no bully crab

What's there to discuss?
They already confirmed it's going to be mostly new monsters and I doubt there will be that many of them since it's a new iteration on a new engine using high quality assets.

>Imagine having taste this shit.

Sometimes you need monsters that just fuck you up.

>Duramboros
Yeah thats the one. I love seeing it spin and fly up in the air to body slam the ground.
I hope they have the armor skin visuals swap in this as they do in XX so that i can play with sailor socks all the time.

Remove Khezu
Include Quru

really?
I thought they fixed his hit box in Gen.
And then they gave him a Super Hip Check, as a joke.

you're taste is ugly as fuck

I will do it in HD and capture footage of it, then make a montage just for you.

Where is this confirmation?

>Sometimes you need monsters that just fuck you up.

that's what Jho and Rapeape are for, Plesioth is just annoying
>mfw he causes sleep in Gen

>As a joke

Stream that film, if you're so great

right back at you

>play with sailor socks all the time.
That's the dream user, HD Huntress Sluts with good skills. We're almost the the pinnacle of perfection!
I look forward to painstakingly farming monster to make outfits.

but i like the thrill of the hunt user

I forgot about rapeape, i would love to see that scary faggot back in too.

you do realize that Plesioth has been able to put you to sleep since 3?