This is the worst idea they have ever had. even worse than the virtual boy

this is the worst idea they have ever had. even worse than the virtual boy.

can't you just plug your mic into your phone and use the app instead of having to plug it into your console?

CLUNKY
L
U
N
K
Y

>Applefags
AYY LMAO

yes, but that way you can't hear the game's audio

What if you have your switch hooked up to a big-ass stereo in your living room

So how is the app going to work? Will it just be your friends list and you can invite them into a lobby? Might as well just use discord at this point.

Yeah it absolutely is, I don't know why anyone would use it, but I wasn't going to use it anyway, so I can't get too passionate about it.

This is what most people will do. The complicated solution is for only the most hardcore I guess.

Who the fuck even plays Nintendo games for online multiplayer with voice chat? It's a stupid design, but it's like if the penis mutilation machine had a stupid design.

I play monhun xx with bros and we use discord

I imagine people will use it for Splatoon. It's definitely not needed for Arms or Mario Kart though.

Assuming the Switch actually sells well, it will eventually get all the third party support you'd expect, like CoD.

While I think it's fucking gay, how much would something like this bog down the system if it were actually apart of it? Was this to not have any more performance taken away from the switch or just retardation?

>implying people would use voice chat even if the method wasn't dumb as fuck

>Reggie : "We actually think that the phone is going to deliver a better, more robust execution."

its the future, its portable

Entirely just retardation. Original Xbox and PS2 both had built in voice chat. It's not taxing on the system at all. Nintendo just doesn't want kids getting bitch at by adults which you can't blame them for. Doing this is the best middle ground in their eyes.

I'm pretty sure it's because of the portability. They didn't want to build in LTE or anything, so they have to rely on the user's own device with data. It's not a good system.

This is honestly it. Do people really voice with pugs anymore?

As a former psp-go user, bluetooth is perfect for voicechat but not for game sound, because it has an inherent delay and everything you do in game is retarded on the speaker.
Switch users that hook up the system to the tv/stereo don't need to do the convoluted setup because the sound is already loud, only people who probably play in portable mode would need that.

This is worse.

I love my switch but this is a fucking retarded idea, how will you play with headphones while the thing is docked? You'd need a fucking huge cord

Why would you need to have the audio pass onto the headphones if you're docked?

A VR headset is an optional gimmick.

Voice communication isn't.

It definitely is.

To be fair, VR as a consumer product is just starting to really become a thing. It's pretty obvious they still need to iron out the kinks. Voice chat has been around for god knows how fucking long. It's not rocket science at this point even though Nintendo seems to be dead set on making it so.

If you have voice chat coming through your headphones but game audio coming through your speakers the game audio is going to leak into the mic everytime you talk. If you never experienced this its fucking annoying for everyone else in voice chat.

>voice faggotry
>not completely optional

Adjust mic sensibility

This is like Atari 5600 power supply and visual feed hybrid tier.

How did they fuck up something the fucking DS got right?

Maybe for your lonely NEET asses, it's optional.

Voice chat has been a mandatory feature of multiplayer video games since the 90s on PC.

You can join a friend's game in MK8. I dunno if Deluxe added a lobby or anything.

And a VR setup has been a mandatory feature of all VR games since their conception. What's your point?

A VR headset is bound to be more expensive and complicated to use than something simple a fucking headset and mic

>mandatory

/thread

We've had voicechat for over a decade. VR is new and taxing.

People are already using discord so it doesn't really seem helpful. The only use I could see in doing this is if you're dual languaging and trying to be-friend that cute japanese girl so you can fill her with your foreign seed when you import her into the western world.

If you're wearing headphones you're going to need to have your volume up louder than usual to hear your speakers. Regardless of how you set your mic the other players are going to hear your game audio constantly and bitch at you.

what does the lack of LTE have to do with lack of built in voice chat capabilities

lunch period is over little kid, hurry back to english class and pay attention because you still seem to be missing the point.

No, I think I get it, you don't know what optional means.

Get a better mic/headset you fucking nerd, this wasn't even a problem with the 360 years ago

I don't, there's no reason to talk to people when they don't listen or they want to boss you around, I always turn off voice chat, the chatbox is enough to inform the others.

>thread full of people defending this shit

you know that there's no special amiibo you can get for just blowing nintendo when they really don't deserve it, right?

Because you literally had game audio and voice chat coming through the same headphones, you twat.

you're mega retarded kid. stop going full contrarian just because you have a hate boner for gimmicky VR and listen up, voice chat actually adds something to the gaming experience. it would be like nintendo also saying "btw, no online either. what if little timmy gets rape?"

guess what? they actually did that too, for nearly a decade well into consoles having internet access.

I don't think people are really defending it, just saying that as problems go it's a hard one to get particularly angry aboug.

>VR
>new
VR has been around since the 90s, well before you were born.

I always turn off voice chat so I don't hear people like you screaming into the mic.

you don;t know what pointless or moot mean either i guess.

an entire video game console is optional by your logic. and if thats the case, you add nothing to the conversation so don't even bother responding.

Yea but VR has been a burden since 1990 you dipshit
Voice chat has not been an issue for 15 years now
The Xbox 360 had perfectly functionijg headset and voice chat with 1 single cord the very second it was released

>vr games are only one genre
>ergo accessories necessary to play them are optional
>multiplayer games are only one genre
>but accessories necessary to play them are not optional
this is your train of logic

if you aren't a sperg yes it's very useful to say "theres a guy hiding behind that thing and he's got the thing!" instead of taking your hands off the controller/keyboard and typing something unclear or using built in voice lines.

AM I REALLY ON Sup Forums ARGUING WHY VOICE CHAT IS GOOD? IS THIS neo Sup Forums?

It's strange. Everyone is going to opt for discord over this. Nintendo could have just went with no voicechat and everybody would have said "well thats just nintendos way." The fact that they finally do it and take backwards steps with it is baffling.

gotta argue about something i guess.

VR is such a burden, i hate how every console keeps making you use it! oh wait....

>user! TENDIES ARE DONE!

>FUCK OFF MOM FUCKING BITCH!!

>typing is hard
>muh old Sup Forums

To be fair, Nintendo delayed all their online shit to 2018 so who knows. Maybe they'll backpedal and add something not retarded into the mix. Wouldn't hold my breath but it could be possible.

>the face mutilation machine is worse than the ear mutilation machine

Yeah and? They're both shit, you don't need to bring Sony into it though

My one wish is that they add bluetooth headphone support. The damn Switch already has bluetooth in it for the controllers, why couldn't they allow headphone pairing?

nearly all games are multiplayer now. Fiscally speaking, they almost have to be because thats how all the kidz play. online. together. Somehow, they will communicate with one another, and nintendo has a history of making it almost vestigial to the console. they never ever want to do it even though everyone does and it would help in selling their console to have it.

Reggie was asked if online was delayed because they are changing voice chat. He said there will 100% be a phone app involved.

The Xbox 360 launched 12 years ago and had party chat out of the box.

no user, it is very important that everyone understand that VR is a dumb gimmick and that i am right about that because i have been saying it for the past 4 years and it makes me very ANGRY!!!

no. not unless Sony make you use a phone to accomplish it. then it would be worse.

It's meant to be used on the go like on a bus ride. You're most likely not going to have a wifi to use voice chat but you do have a cellphone.

Reggie has no fucking clue what he's talking about and is just a yes man. They're just saying that right now because Japan has no clue what do with online atm.

Wait, the switch can use the cellphone's network?