Why Monster Hunter World Will Fail

>Designed to appeal to westerners, meaning that it won't appeal to Japan.. The country where it sells most.
>Westerners simply don't care for the franchise. To them, it looks like a worse Dark Souls. They like FIFA, GTA and CoD.
>The only westerners talking about the game are actual core Monster Hunter fans (which is a small minority) and shitposters for console war purposes. The latter doesn't like and won't buy the game.

Capcom will eventually make a Monster Hunter game for the Switch due to these simple facts

>Switch is already massive in Japan, with a core Pokemon and Splatoon 2 coming, as well as XX. The system appeals to Monster Hunter's home.
>Portability and local multiplayer potential.

The announcement of the game itself was overshadowed by Spiderman and SOTC remake. Especially by Nintendo games like Mario, Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon. The game's success depends on the power of console wars. But Sony lost E3 (popular opinion) and Nintendo won (popular opinion) so it can't rely on anything else. All the fire from E3 is gone. Fanboys are looking for another game to "kill" Nintentards with.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.bilibili.com/video/av11376919.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gameplay livestream tomorrow for Japan, get ready to eat your words. People seem pretty damn hype about the game outside no-fun-allowed that is Sup Forums.

I dunno, nips really love skyrim.

Who cares? We get more MH games, and better yet this one is on the PC. Stop trying to shitpost and enjoy video games.

>Designed to appeal to westerners, meaning that it won't appeal to Japan..
Yeah sure. Nip normalfags totally don't like westacuck garbage. That's why games like COD/GTA/Witcher 3 didn't sell in japan at all right?

Oh wait

Tell me why anyone would buy it on PS4 or XBOne when they can pirate it on PC?

This is just sad

Resident Evil VII succeeded despite being all of this...

Stop being retarded. Making changes aren't inherently bad or "casual" just because you don't like them. It will do just fine. Hundreds of people who've never played have showed interest all over the internet. That's pretty indicative of the growth this game will see in the west. Also, all types of gaming that aren't on phones are dropping in Japan. But there will still be people jumping to PS4 in Japan to get the game. It won't be all of them, but it will be more than enough. And the west is likely to increase substantially. You can keep making this thread every day until release, but it isn't going to change the fact that the game will make more than enough money.

Eat shit, fag. We've all seen the leaked gameplay now and it looked fine.

The only important question that remains is whether Best Monster will be in.

RE7 only sold around 3.5m copies on 3 systems
MHX alone has sold more than that

>Resident Evil VII succeeded

LOL

quick question about MHW
Can I play the ps4 version with my friend who will have the pc version?

if not i REFUSE to buy it

the most ppl aren't thief

You can't play online if you pirate

>sony
>cross play

i need to see confirmation because i make a decision to not get the game still

im not building a fucking pc to play mh. pc gaming is such a waste

>PC gaming is such a waste
>Building a multifunctional, personalized digital platform is more wasteful than spending $599 plus tip on a glorified blu-ray player

>We've all seen the leaked gameplay now and it looked fine.

Link?

>The only important question that remains is whether Best Monster will be in

I'm hype for Agnaktor as well.

>pc gaming is such a waste

keep telling yourself that sonybro

Most people outside /v don't pirate.

Weebs are cancer.

m.bilibili.com/video/av11376919.html

The combat is still the same at its core. Weapons have gotten some new moves (GS has some sort of uppercut slash after you slide down a hill and it can quickly charge in mid-air akin to Aerial Style from Gen) and you can use items while moving because they've also made some changes to monster AI. Monster tells are less obvious and you can't quickly exit the area to heal if you get in deep shit so they wanted to push that change.

Yes, there are damage numbers, but you can toggle them off.

I was already sold when i saw that sweet dragons dogma style gameplay. Fuck you op.

I hope the MH team gets some help from the people who did the DD port. They both use a modified MT Framework engine, so if the port is halfway decent it'll run great.

This. If it bombs then I'll just buy a Switch like I was planning to anyway before this was announced. I hope it doesn't fail though, because this is something Monster Hunter needed.

>Designed to appeal to westerners, meaning that it won't appeal to Japan.. The country where it sells most.
Then why is the game still true to the originals, just with a splash of paint?

If it was aimed towards the west, it would have narrative, QTE's, more OTT action.

It's cross-region, not cross-platform. It's only being released in JP for the PS4 too.

>Capcom will eventually make a Monster Hunter game for the Switch due to these simple facts

Nintendo fags still MAD.
Must suck buying a Switch and falling for the scam, I'd want to get rid of mine too.

>Capcom will eventually make a Monster Hunter game for the Switch due to these simple facts

>he isn't even trying to hide the nintendo cap under his hurt butt

Fresh OC for my fellow console warriors

>being a consolecuck
You did this to yourself.

>Buying a Switch before XX was even announced for Western release
Must hurt so much, why didn't you just wait until they announced a localisation?

Have people finally run out of straws to grasp at on why the game will be shit and are now resorting to claiming a great looking game will sell poorly? I'll still get to play the game. And MHW is far more popular in Japan than it is in the west already.

Nintendo fans are kind of fucking stupid.
They buy consoles on promises instead of results. When the games turn out mediocre, they just pretend they are the greatest thing ever, see ARMS.

Fuck, I prefer Sony, but I sure as hell was in no rush to get a PS4. THe PS4 was shit. I waited for most of the games to start coming.

MH fans will enjoy it but it will fail keeping the normalfags attention.
Get ready for an HD version of pic related.

MODS DELETE THIS KIND OF THREAD PLEASE!

Least it's actually coming to an actual console though. If it fails, at least we had something different to play for a change, otherwise it's back to 3DS/Switch.

BotW is the best selling game in the series in Japan, despite being a very "western" game

Tri garnered an autistic following despite being the most westernized MH before MHW.
Even today, we still have Tribabbies denouncing Zinogre because of its thematic incoherency

I think actually having weapon tutorials would alleviate this issue somewhat.

>spending $599 on a PS4

user, in what shit country you live?

Explain further about tribabies not liking jinouga

I think the main issue people take isn't that the game itself is westernized, but that 'most of the Japanese fanbase only owns Nintendo'

i bought all this yesterday. at microcenter.
took it home and cried. why the fuck did i do this, i spent $1800 to play indie games lmao...
so i returned it all today :)

Nips will stil buy it, even if it is casualized, like they did with XX (babby tier MH).

Look at this and tell if it is coherent with the general themes of oldschool MonHun

dam....

>Spending $1800 on a PC
>Thinking PC can only play indie games
This has to be bait

i dont wanna spend over $1k on a 144hz 1070 build, fuck you!!!!

I don't care if it bombs. I care that I will finallly properly enjoy it.

You can if it uses steamworks.

But if you end up liking it and it bombs you won't be getting another game like it.

It'll be a huge success, normies will eat it up for that sweet nerd cred and it'll be like Skyrim all over again

Looks fine too me. You act like it's Valfalk or something

You don't need to you absolute dumbass. Do you think consoles are made with magic components? You can build a good rig for cheap, you just gotta know how.

Zinogre is fine except how they never put the effort in fixing up it's lightning-call attack. The bolts should be surging off it's back like a Plasma globe instead of doing the elder dragon style of summoning them

top looks better 2bh

the sad thing is i still needed a few more things before i had a complete build
so i would be spending very close to $2k.

I felt like an idiot for getting all this shit. i dont need a pc, i will just use my roomates and my smartphone for the time being
i noticed a lot of parts have hugely inflated prices

denuvo's lastest version which is said to be uncrackable for one year

You can call Valfalk's design anime all you want but his fight is fun as fuck. Also his OST is great. One of the best fights in the series tbqh.

>thunder unicorn is ok
>Laser spewing Rock dragon is ok
>burrowing triceratops from hell is ok
>giant flying moss octopus is ok
>flaming lions ok
>and yet a thunder wolf is breaking cohesion

>caters to western
>it will fail
>implying
nigga, everything whats wester sells better than whats weeboo, mh will outsell zelda on the switch
>b-but its ps4/xbone/pc vs swtitch/wiiu
oh oh oh i thought you were sure it will >fail

face it, it would fail if it was released on the switch

>thinking there won't be complete handholding in a monhun game created for western audience

keep dreaming your pic related will never happen in world

it will fail on home consoles period
Monster Hunter was never meant for Home consoles and casualizing it for western is final nail in the coffin.
Watch. The reason they are doing this is so they can finally introduce paid dlc

>never meant for Home consoles
wow

>Designed to appeal to westerners, meaning that it won't appeal to Japan

Stupidest thing I've read all month. Congratulations.

If it fails than at least they tried. There's far too many MH fans out there that have been waiting for this.

ITS NOT FAIR BRO.......

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE NINTENDOS TURN...........

THIS BETRAYAL WILL NOT STAND.......

>MH was never meant for home consoles
nintenbabbies believe this

>The reason they are doing this is so they can finally introduce paid dlc

Oh no now we won't have to buy the same game again for full price just for G-rank whatever will we do?

>Sup Forums filename
>Can't even grasp basic English grammar

You need to be 18 or older to post here, son.

Damn OP, get some burn cream for all that butthurt. Here is my pie chart of MHW day 1 buyers in my social sphere:

Friends who play MonHun casually - every single one is picking it up (9 total)

Friends who haven't played any MH, but will buy after the trailer piqued interest (2 total)

Girlfriend - picking it up day one (I have 1 gf)

Close friend who grinded to HR200+ with me in 4U before he quit (1 person)

That's 13 people I'll be partying up with on PS4. Not to mention /mhg/, who I'll be hunting with in between.

The game can flop commercially. I'll still put thousands of hours into it with my friends and acquaintances. HD MonHun is what people want. Some people want it on Switch for some reason, but I haven't quite cracked the code on that logic just yet.

Sign a petition to get it on Switch, just like DBZ fighters. Happy hunting!

Thats pretty fucking retarded thing to say lol

I never dissed it's design I think it's cool as fuck. I just think that it doesn't fit monster hunter. It looks more like an alien or something from a sci-fi series. You are right about it's music and fight

So it'll fail just like Lost Planet 2 failed? Sure buddy

Doesn't that only let you play with other people who pirated?

Tribabbies generally hate anything that isn't their Original 15.

nintenyears old want it on switch because are too young to remember that the game was on ps2 first, then on psp and xbox360/PC with the MMO, so they convinced themselves that it doesn't belong to other consoles because is not '"the true MH experience", meant to be played on a public park surrounded by children on a tiny ass screen.

Yup, 100% true! It will fail and capcom will be running back to Nintendo...

I don't understand this "betrayal" shit. If we need to trust in that "leak" anyone who still thinks it was true at this point, it's fucking retarded then I guess Nintendo did the same thing to Sony back when they did a deal with Capcom to bring MH ONLY on 3DS?

If anything, we should thanks Sony because they allow Capcom to release the game in more platforms, especially on PC, when it could be perfectly a PS4 exclusive

MonHun on Switch depends on if and when Nintendo makes the Switch their mobile device. Currently, the Switch is second-tier to the 3DS and coming 2DS, so those core handhelds will be getting Capcom's attention.

It probably won't be using Steamworks. One of Capcom's talking points has been global matchmaking, and I don't think Steam would be used for JPN matchmaking.

MH1 was PS2.
Tri was Wii.
Freedom is on PC.

This is why i hate nintenbabies

M-Monster Hunter has never been good since 3U anyway!
Fuck CB Hunter 4U and a-anyone who likes that piece of mediocrity!
Long live Flat Justice 3U!

ayy lmao just play dauntless instead

No you see Sony needs to moneyhat games that aren't even exclusives but when it comes to Nintendo Crapcom let's them have one of their most popular IPs for free because golly gee aren't they nice people

I think they just want validation and redemption after
>muh betrayal
Like why the fuck would you own a Switch and not a PS4? Why want it on Switch at all? Unless you're solely doing single player, then there's no appeal.

This dauntless will be amazing. The behemoths are already more unique and cool looking than mon huns dumb fantasy animals

Thanks for reminding me to buy it again op

that's just an arzuros with an owl head

Dude maybe I've been off of this board for too long but thanks for that image. Butthurt so asstronomical that a new hat is born.

>Beta not even release
MH World will be here before it, and nobody will no longer give two shits.

>introduce paid dlc

I rather pay for a $24.99-40 expansion DLC than buy the same fucking game again just for a hard mode, gameplay "balance", copypaste monsters and more clothes but lose all my equipments and progression desu senpai

In the end, it's the same fucking thing except we could finally have our equipment intact since the only transferible shit on older MH it's fucking consumable items

it's pic related + an owl

Oh looks its a Dauntless dev.

Sorry your game is going to flop my dude :(

A parrot from the congos of Brazil is not thematically coherent with baby seals off the coast of Finland

>more unique and cool looking than mon huns dumb fantasy animals
That's a fucking owlbear
They have been in D&D forever
I'd like to see Dauntless do well too, but don't fall back on lying, everything we've seen of the game suffers from indie shortsightedness and western tier variety.

Halt dein blödes Maul, Bernd.

This game is gonna get Battleborne'd by Monster Hunter lol

>no one remembers monster hunter g on the wii back in the ps2 days

Jesus christ im old.

>Eiferschild Eisenleib Elendskraft, Enbehrung
What did this kraut meant by this?