Dragon Ball Fighter Z

Why are people so against Dragon Ball Super content? Super is introduced a fair amount of character that would be great for a fighting game if you like it nor not. Super Saiyan Blue could also play like completely different characters if you take the material from the anime movie and manga.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R1Sz9e38sKo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

super is deviant art tier fan fiction garbage

It's not muh childhood look at this cherry picked image still of the anime while I compare it to a dbz movie and ignore all the quality in the original series xd

Super Saiyan Blue should just be transformations they add to Goku and Vegeta. They shouldn't have to waste a spot for those two.

And Beerus, Hit, Goku Black, and Zamasu would be great additions to the game.

>Why are people so against Dragon Ball Super content?

Because it's the senile ramblings of a man who long ago forgot about his own creation and someone takes those ramblings then tries to make them coherent. Everything since Son Goku and his Friends Return! has ben more fanfiction tier than GT, which was actual fanfiction.

Agreed, not to mention that Gokus personality has just gone completely flip side

>Son Goku and his Friends Return!
Is that the special that involved Goten and Trunks fighting some aliens?

Yeah, the one that introduced Tarble.

It was solid little OVA with good character stuff and a decent fight. Tarble is a neat character.

This, they pretty much ignored this cause its true :/

Because in a genre like fighting games where character design is so important, Super is the worst possible DB series to draw characters for. Most of Super's character designs are genuinely terrible. Also worth nothing is how intensive ArcSys' 3D production method is, which makes "extra" characters like Super Goku or Vegeta unlikely.

Then again, this is Bamco we're talking about, I'm sure they aren't above the possibility of making them DLC characters.

>Most of Super's character designs are genuinely terrible

>reeee I don't like Blue hair so everything sucks!

Super is pretty much Toriyama filling in small gaps while he has other people work on the rest. It might as well be a kid's fanfic turned into a spinoff at this point

>defending a recolor
we've fallen so far.

This.
Fused Zamasu should be the final boss desu

>Super is the worst possible DB series to draw characters for
>Beerus
>Whis
>Merged Zamasu
>Hit
>Mai with Launch alt-skin
>Bergamo
Explain how none of these would be interesting to play as and bring a unique playstyle to the roster. Please.

>reeeee I like blue hair so the design is good

There are things about Super I like, I would play Beerus and Jaco.

Beerus, Future Trunks, Hit, and Zamasu would be alright, anyone else, not so much. Also Freiza can turn Golden as a special so I don't see why Goku or Vegeta couldn't go Blue (or Red for Goku)

Goku black is just too similar to Goku to warrant getting a slot, but hell, Robo-Ky exists in Guilty Gear so who knows.

I'm pretty ambivalent, but I've noticed that Superfags are also the ones that simply can't grasp the fact that Fighter Z is going to be a proper fighting game with a limited roster, and they want 5 separate Gokus and Vegetas.

So fuck those guys, I guess.

There is one word to describe Super and that word is "flat"

how do people defend this shit?

Anything after cell saga shouldn't be in desu.

I find Supers designs to be pretty good. Not to mention it's an inevitability that there will be Super characters.
How else will they build hype when they already revealed the 3 big villains? The only Z characters left to build hype for release are Kid Buu and Androids.
Expect Hit, Black, Beerus, and Zamasu at least

Buu looks the most fun out of 6 characters in the demo my man.

>Launch alt-skin
FUCK YOU SHE DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE RETCONNED TO A SKIN

Simple: nobody does, that's the second arc of five so far and it's garbage, it's a movie recap and everyone defends it. The problem is that the show has gradually improved since then, and shitposters have had to post the same few episodes over and over again to try and rile people up. Super no longer puts out content (animation wise) that's bad enough for them to get a hate train going.

Black only looks like Goku, he doesn't really fight like him at all. Especially with the hand blades and scythe.

Original characters like Beerus, Kale, Zamasu, and Jiren and such are fine
Saiyan God Transformations are fine too since we have useless shit like SSJ3 and SSJ2
But dont include Future Trunks (super), that was a mistake

this doesn't actually mean anything, given how low quality the original dragon ball material was.

people that hate super are just nostalgia retards who hate things that are even mildly different. it is no better or worse than the original series

>and everyone defends it
Everyone shits on it*

super is garbage

I didn't say she deserved it but we have to be realistic.

GT > Super

I don't watch super but everything I've seen looks absolutely terrible. I mean for fuck's sake, look at the damn picture. They just gave goku and vegeta a dye job, turned broly into a dyke, gave Frieza lakers colors, and made a literal EVIL GOKU clone. Has the series had one dope design? It seems like every new character is just a lame recycle of a previous character.

Whatever the case, I'd welcome Beerus and I guess I'd be fine with new characters if they're fighting style is unique enough to warrant being in the roster. But goddamn would a goku black look absolutely boring on the character screen.

>how do you want your childhood shounen fa.m ?
>just tumblr my shit up

Incorrect.

youtube.com/watch?v=R1Sz9e38sKo

>Goku black is just too similar to Goku
Only in design

>Jiren
Maybe when we find out what he does.

i cant remember a single good thing to come out of GT.
except Baby and Uub's voice actors

If you're being realistic there won't be alt costumes.

ArcSys's amazing shading techniques are done by hand-shading each frame. An alt costume would literally be like doing half the work of a brand new character.

Show stopped being garbage after they were done rehashing the movies. Calm the fuck down user. Its not great, but its not awful. Its decent. But it has to be one extreme or another for simple minded rage drive autstics.

Baby Vegeta is a cool design.

>mai with launch alt skin

what the fuck user. Launch has far more potential for being an interesting character than Mai does who'd be like a dumbed down version of her, especially if we factor in Launch's "transformations".

>that one episode of Gohan being afraid of passing through a huge bladed fan in the underground base

GT sucks breh

"unique playstyle" is already a worthless qualifier given how Z started homogenizing characters. Very few characters over the course of Z actually stood out with regards to their fighting style.

Anyone asking for Kale or the other lesbian needs to fuck off. Best you'll get is Cabba the Cuck

I really want Frieza to kill the U6 Saiyans with the rest of his 24 hour pass

>Has the series had one dope design?
I'm not going to tell you all of the designs have been great but it's not like it's pure shit either.

The developers have stated outright that unique playstyles are what they're looking for in filling out their roster, user. You can bitch about homogenization all you want, but it's what they're looking for, and any of those characters would have an appeal for doing things other fighters don't.

>Frieza kills Caulifla
>Kale goes UNGA BUNGA YOU KILL MY FUCKBUDDY
>dets disqualified because it isn't her fight
>destroyed immediately then and there
kek, good riddance desu

why do they look so weird wtf lmao

it had animation issues but story wise it's no worse than z you dumb Sup Forumstard

Post some good Super designs then.

actually wouldnt Frieza get destroyed then and their because the rules state no killing

those hair colors/goku's gi palette hurts my head desu
i miss european blonde already

He just did. What was wrong with any of those?

>Super is introduced a fair amount of character
No, it introduced a bunch of sanic-tier recolors and shitty animation.

>>dets disqualified because it isn't her fight
Are you stupid it's a battle royal. If anything Frieza gets destroyed because there's no killing

>People triggered by /u/ don't even watch the shows they bitch about
Even if they watch it with goggles on you can't accuse fagg/u/ts of being secondaries.

>story wise it's no worse than z

This it's every bit as good as the Great Saiyaman saga.

>Story isn't shit
>they brought back frieza for the 20th time.
yea keep telling yourself that shill.

aren't opponents SUPPOSED to die in the Tournament of Power? or was that misinformation and the Universe Survival Tournament rules still apply?

Oh God those are the best to offer?

I bet you're just butthurt they didn't bring back Cell

Killing is EXPLICITLY disallowed, it's literally the second rule behind "no weapons". You're disqualified by being removed from the ring, nothing else. If you collapse it's your opponent's job to lob you off the side.

No its a battle royal.
the rules are you cant:
fly
get outside help
kill others
no weapons
only tactics
knock out by KO or ring out
team with most members left at the end wins

That's the silly part about the tournament, your entire universe dies if you lose but during the tournament you aren't allowed to kill.

That's a pretty boring looking robot desu. Toriyama used to be pretty good at designing mechs.

>Dragon ball super is go-

The fat Telletubby just fucking infuriates me.

>2 shitty arcs that feature a shitty character
>both ended like ass
Wow who wouldve thought

The fat telletubby is a good joke though

Theonly content I would understand is Blue Goku/Golden Frieza, and maybe Beerus.
Otherwise, Super is shit tier.

>b-but that's a movie!
>b-but Z and DB had some poor animation sometimes too!!!!

I seriously do not fucking comprehend the delusions that fans of Super have. I watch it because I'm obsessed with Dragonball but the fact that these kids have convinced themselves that "Z wasn't that great anyway" just to like Super is really fucking scary.

How can this fanbase be so fucking deluded? It's not even nostalgia that Z was better. It was better in literally every single aspect imaginable.

I can understand this opinion and respect it. But if you follow it up by asking for anything from GT you're the king of fags.

Is Krillin relevant yet?

Call me when.

Because people can't like anything new, even if it means adding something different to a fighting game.

I agree with this. Z and Dragon Ball WERE better.

The only times I get involved in the shitposting are when people are insane enough to insist GT was better.

GT was worlds better.

Krillin will be in the tourney
and Tien
and Roshi

>adding a character to the series purely to tell a single joke.
Fucking lame.

But user Z was shitty.

The best thing about Gt was tails coming back and that red kamehameha.

He's fighting for the survival of the universe so I'd say he's relevant.

>adding a character to the series purely to tell a single joke.
thats wrong though you fucking retard.

He's part of the team for the tournament, that's relevent enough for now.

this. Goku has become such an unbelievable retard.
The only positive thing about Super is that more characters become relevant through the tourney. But it comes with the price of shitty arcs.
Black finale sucked hard and had no emotional impact. At all.

lol

Dirty spic detected

22nd Budokai-Namek was the peak of the series though. Provided you didn't watch the dreadful anime with the excruciating amount of filler and read the manga.

GT sucked too. Everyone made fun of it except for hispanics. It's almost as though they got GT first or something I have no idea, because they fucking love it.

GT has some good ideas, like Dragonball hunting in Space and the wishes coming back to haunt the cast, but overall the "execution" of those good ideas was terrible. Uub and Fat Buu get shafted hard by fusing into Majuub and then losing without a decent fight anyway. Anyway that seriously says GT is worth a shit has brain damage. Super is arguably worse but its pointless to argue over which turd has more corn in it

Frieza again? What?

>the anime is bad meme

I own the uncut dub and I love each and every second. The filler is pretty entertaining, I don't really understand the hate for uncut Z.

Basically, if you're the type of Dragonball fan that hates seeing Piccolo and Goku get their drivers licenses get the fuck out of here, that shit is funny.

Where is Pikon?

How did Krillin surpass Pikon and WHY WAS THAT NOT AN ARC?!

Frieza is really only in because Japs love him that much.
again
also Cell is too hard to draw

I'm starting to like Golden Freeza, it got better with time

Pikon is not canon

Pikkon doesn't exist

Well that was pretty amusing yeah. When I meant filler, I was talking about how scenes are just stretched beyond belief and you'd have a shot focused on goku's face for like 5 seconds longer than it should be. I think kai fixed this up, but man the first time I read the manga I was literally baffled at how much better the pacing is.

Pikkon is noncanon filler silly

It was going to be Buu, but he fell asleep.
Goku made a deal with him to be part of the team and of course he's now plotting to fuck over the gods.
>pikon
Filler character.

>Buucucks
>Cellcucks
>Yamchacucks
>Pikkoncucks

I missed some clubhouse meetings.

Standalone filler episodes and arcs are great pretty consistently fun in DBZ. The filler arcs generally aren't too long and the standalones either have good comedy like the driving episode or neat encounters like Tao showing up during the build up to the Cell Games or cool characters like Pikkon. Some shonen's filler of this type is shit but DBZ's is nice.

Filler in the sense of bloating powerups and fight scenes across several episodes, especially when that means a single fight can have several different animation directors (including the bad ones), sucks.

There should be a master cut/watchlist of Kai that splices some of the good filler of the uncut show.