Tekken 7

>it's a "you tapped a slightly wrong direction and ate a 45% combo as a result" episode

Sounds like a (you) problem

Name of the game nigga

Just, y'know, git gud nigga.
If one button mistake is the only thing that causes that, others are as capable of it as you.

>the only thing that causes that
You WISH. Wrong read, didn't pay attention, dodged the wrong direction, got trolled into a counter hit, forget it. Screw up once and that round is over.

Not an argument.
Other players aren't machines that draw with each other and each of those errors happen to everyone.

>BAWWWW MOMMY WHY IS EVERYONE BETTER THEN ME BAWWWW THIS GAME SUCKS MOMMY!!!1

If the game's so difficult go play Smash, you'll fit right in.

Well if you tapped the right direction you could have low parried them and punished them into to a 60% combo. Go practice and suck less.

>implying I'm complaining

then let's make every hit a one-hit-KO

it's perfectly fair as both players have an equal chance of landing the first hit!

"balanced" != fun

>You meet a good Whorewang player for the first time online
If shitposting could take physical form it would look exactly like this stupid character.

whatever i bet you had plenty of moments when you stared each other down hopping side to side

I need to add some of you fuckers on steam so I can do a tournament, I main Alisa and I'm pretty shit (Grand Master) so give me them Steam IDs

Just like any other fighting game, eating combos means you had a massive fuck up. Almost all launchers are punishable and the ones that aren't are usually only launchers on counter hit.

Don't do that then? Did you think you would get a bunch of nodding heads agreeing with your passive agressive shit?

>t. Divekick

And that's why Tekken is so frustrating compared to other fighting games. Health bars are too low and damage is too high.

Dick jabs and hopkicks will get you out of most shitty situations if you blocked properly. Kiss your ass goodbye if you can't block his lows and duck his highs though.

>Waaah
keep crying . Crapcom fighting drones are pathetic.

2 words

GIT GUD

>tfw Tekken is literally the best fighting game
>tfw get to see whiny casual posts like this on Sup Forums now
>tfw life's good

>Tekken apologists

My problem is not so much hitting the direction wrong but pressing the button too fast. DF1 just doesn't work as good as DF(millisecond pause)1

Well they give you 3 rounds as the standard.

Damage is only high when you're eating counter hits. If you're eating counter hits you're literally just mashing. Stop mashing and learn to defend and punish.

>inputting my strings is mashing

3 rounds nigger.

>inputting strings without a thought
>surprised when people counter it

Sounds like a player skill issue to me

Sorry I'm not a robot nor a fortune teller. I do it when it looks safe and sometimes get beat out by the other guy's. Problem is if I wait too long to where he's not doing anything then I start mine and he has the same thought so we trade or his are faster.

>it's a trying to pronounce hwoarang episode

What the hell!!!

Never said it wasn't.

>inputting strings while at a disadvantageous situation
That's still mashing. If you're trying to get out of shitty situations your best option is to block or counter with a dickjab, jab, or hopkick. And even then you have to be god damn sure you're using the right one in the right situation or else you're still mashing your way into eating more damage.

PSM called it the sound of a chicken salad sandwich hitting a piece of sheet metal.

"whore wang"

There you go

If a dude jabs you or lands any sort of mid or high, then you're not safe. If you've successfully blocked, then you're safe (except for jabs).

Why are fighting game fags the absolute worst vidya people to talk to?

>only 8 inputs for directions
>you pay for your mistakes
yep sounds about right.

Hows Sup Forums liking their grind? does it feel good knowing that you can beat other bad players over the internet?

Marshall Law players are cock suckers faggot trash.

>started to low parry opponents and do damaging combos

this is the most satisfying shit rver holy shit

I mean I start my attack when he's not doing anything and our hits come out together or he started his 2 frames sooner than mine and I eat the damage. I'm not just flailing around like a madman.

just block low my dude

But WHEN user, WHEN? Ironically most of Law's moves are mids. Those low kicks come out so damn fast too.

>beat opponent up until rage
>near wall
>he gets in a hit
>carries all the way to the opposite side of the stage
>wallsplat
>wall combo
>die

ok

Welcome to fighting games. You are forced to take risks and can't just beat all the options by doing the same things.

Should I get Tekken 7 if I enjoyed Tekken 5 on PSP with bots? I tried GG, Skullgirls (a little) but those just don't work for me.

So it's just a bunch of guessing and random luck

If you liked T5 then 7 is more of the same but with an active community and new characters.

>so its just a bunch of predictions and knowing your options
ftfy

yes

Yeah. Same with Poker, that's why every tournament you have totally different contestants.

>"I'll Go for a chest kick that'll show him!"
>"Ha! That went pretty well lets go for a side sweep!"
>"Another success, got him on the retreat! Time for a leaping finisher!"

>"Goddam crackas thinkin they bruce lee or sum shit."
>"Lil niggas skechers are gross af don't touch me with that shit."
>"Momma told me not to hit the special kids but ima drop him like his daddy dropped him."

No, mostly it's about knowing risk vs reward and observing your opponent's patterns so you can make informed decisions.

>BobvsBruce.webm

Is that guy practicing his ballet routine?

Why is Sup Forums so shit at fighting games?

Yeah, that's the game. There are so many possibilities that even pro players get hit by shit like that. At least, you have like 8 different ways to get off the ground compared to garbage ass SFV where you get meaty'd anyway and 60 seconds of the match is just filler while Balrog waits to get v-trigger.

remove rage arts

>tfw probably winning because no one uses who I use

Anyone notice how we have a huge amount of people on this board are incredibly casual whiners?

Like seriously go to an Overwatch thread and see how many people want Road dead because he's one of those skill roadblocks that are frustrating to deal with.

While in fighting games and fighting communities I see that defended with telling them to go away or to fucking deal with it. They tell them to learn and get better to beat a roadblock or to stop playing

I don't play fighting games but I come in here to check out the Tekken threads because I've been thinking about trying it and I got to say I respect the attitude most of you have compared to what I see elsewhere. I wish more gaming communities held the adapt or die way of seeing things. I'm sick of the pandering bullshit that games like League of Legends do.

Who?

The wake up game in this always feel like a gamble and its fucking annoying.

One round I will get perfected because my opponent guessed right on my wake up but next round I will perfect him because I guess his wake up game right.

Why is this considered the best fighter again?

All of them are launch punishable on block besides Hwoarang, Alisa, Jin and Steve and Alisa's, Jin's and Steve's rage arts are all highs.

I feel you.

You speak like someone who doesn't actually play the game which is kinda weird. A downed opponent has the advantage in many cases. There's something like 12 different options you have from a downed state. It's not like it's street fighter or some nonsense.

>tfw you finally parry Law's junkyard kick

feels good man

You realize that you can just lay on the ground and siderolling is invulnerable through the duration of the roll? If you feel this way, you probably don't understand all of the options you actually have on the ground.

Why do tekkendrones think tekken is the best fighting game ever because SFV is shit? Street fighter isn't the only other fighting game you fucking shills.

Because no one gives a shit about anime. Guilty Gear is still the best game but I don't want to play anime anymore in tournament.

probably Raven or something

I have yet to see a single Bob online

Because you have so many different ways to wake-up roll into your opponent's next attack. Half the time all I want to do is just stand up and block.

>pepe avatar

Fucking embarrassing.

>I have yet to see a single Bob online
What's up with that?
He's pretty good, isn't he?

>read post first
>knew to expect a junkyard
>it still came out too suddenly in the webm for me to see it

I should just give up. I have shit for reaction time.

Unpopular. Same thing with Leo. Leo is a top 5 character easy but no one wants to play her because she is boring.

Yoshi
Kazumi

VF is the best ever but Sega killed it. What other 3D fighters even exist right now? None.

Check your range and the speed of the move. Some moves are only good after you've actually landed a poke. Also some dickheads are really good at throwing out fast crushing moves on reflex. You've got to watch out for those motherfuckers and approach them differently.

the three stooges at the end never cease to make me laugh

How much of a faggot am I if I main Claudio?

No, I don't want to play her because she has confusing and weird stances. She's oddly the most fun to customize though.

how-rang

*ducks your superman punch*

psh

>Tfw Tekken is the best fighting game Ive evere played
>Tfw its hard as shit

Meh. Not much. He's a really fair character in comparison

>Street Fighter player tries out Tekken

Claudio will breeze you through all the lower ranks until you get past blue and realise you've been mashing the whole time
>t. Claudio who seen the light and became a mishima main

*do F3 instead*

>competitive game
>mistakes are punished

Working as intended Bitch

It's amazing to me that Paul was in a block stun state and still was able to jump back to avoid it.

meant hit stun, whatever

>stands there dumbfounded

every time

Tekken is shit and is only for autists, if you want to actually get good it takes a year or two of non stop practice.

It's "hwah lahng" or "hwah rahng"

Same shit happens in some SF games. Raging Demon doesn't always combo, still giving you a chance to hop away.

Took me about a week and a half. Making a game is difficult. Playing it is not.

His is actually less of a problem in this one thanks to armored moves and supers. In the older ones, if you could send a guy flying, running to them gave you a great advantage. In this one, it's harder to capitalize on a knock back because your character overcommits to their running attack and gets armored into a super. There's a lot more neutral game than in the past ones.

Literally the same win rate as me.

Thats crazy.