Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o31G8cGzrFg
youtube.com/watch?v=8L3Zw59Z1Zw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Also sprach Zarathustra

How are these games? How's the combat?

1 was great, 2 was eh, 3 was good.

Really fucking good. II is the only one I didn't really like, but I respected the fact they tried experimenting with the system. III was easily the best.

Episode I is still the comfiest though.

I'll check these bad boys out then, thanks

3 was the best one

The amount of time I spent on that card game in 1 was insane.

>Episode I is still the comfiest though.
Seconding this. 3 was the most polished but I kind of preferred 1.

I honestly don't remember much about the combat in 3, just that it was better than 2. In 1 I remember giving every stat boost possible to KOS-MOS and having her absolutely destroy everything.

Expect to get your ass kicked on in Episode I. The boss fights in it are actually unfair.

Terrible, there is almost no gameplay and the one in the game is absolute shit.

The story is generic as fuck and tries way too hard to be 2deep4u

Terrible games overall.

Expect to get your ass kicked on in Episode I. The boss fights in it are actually unfair.

Dude, the fucking mech mini game ALONE I put at least 30 hours on. Xenosaga consumed me for a while. It had no business being that fun.

The Xenosaga games are not religious at all, but okay. Also they literally have Nietzsche in the title, what did you expect?

>The Xenosaga games are not religious at all, but okay.
You can't be serious. Not saying they're trying to propagate religion, just that the writer clearly had quite the hard-on for religious themes.

Philosophy isn't religion.

Wasn't the whole purpose of KOS-MOS and T-elos was for them to merge to become Mary Magdeline?

...did you even play the games? chaos literally turned out to be Jesus.

Yes. Yes it was.

>tfw will never ever know the true story of Xenogear and Xenosaga

Takahashi had a hard life. Gotta be happy for the man now that Xeno series is more well known.

Why Nietzsche subtitles anyway?

because it was the early 2000s and it was cool as fuck!

see:
MGS2
Zone Of The Enders
Silent Hill

Not quite, he was his disciple, you see him attending one of Jesus' sermons in Episode III.

Because they fit the context of the games.

Literally the last scene we get is of a broken KOS-MOS floating towards the planet Xenogears takes place in.

The fact that the series will never be concluded still makes me rage.

Isn't Nietzsche just lolgodisdead and morality doesn't exist and everyone should just do what they please?
How does that fit the Xenosaga games at all

This

>spoiler
Why would it be Xenogears' planet? It's much more likely to be Lost Jerusalem, which is where everyone wanted to go all along and which got pulled out of dimensional shift after destroying Zarathustra.

And let's not forget chaos was actually the one performing Jesus's miracles

Isn't that where Xenogears takes place? Shit I don't remember anything from Gears now. I have to replay it.

No, no it isn't. You should go through some of his books, at least read Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Shit is actually pretty interesting and still feels modern even though it was written well over a century ago

Only thing I didn't like about Episode 3 was how whiny Shion was. The scene where KOS-MOS knocks her the fuck out was hilarious.

What's wrong with that?

Lost Jerusalem = Earth, user

The Gay Science is better tbqh

W-Wait. That wasn't Earth she was floating towards?

I thought it was, and I thought that was where Xenogears takes place. But fuck if I know now.

It's cliche and not actual deep story telling, that's what.

>Only thing I didn't like about Episode 3 was how whiny Shion was.
Shion was pretty much an unlikable bitch for the entire series.

We went from religious symbolism to religious symbolism to "OI SHOOOLK" to religious symbolism to "I'LL KILL YOU part 2"

>found my old copy of ep 1
>pop it in
>still plays smooth
>get up to the final area
>fighting that big fucker right off the elevator
>can't win
god damn it

Underrated villain.

ps2 era was the peak of turn based combat, they are far more difficult than mobile handheld counterparts

>like you have ever played it.

Meh, as someone who wasn't interested in futuristic space scenarios, it was good enough to create an impression of possible ways to get out of this hellhole of a planet.

That's not Yuriev. Also, whatever happened to Sellers?

>love KOS-MOS
>her voice is pure sex
>can't wait for episode 2
>see KOS-MOS's design, eh whatever
>hear her voice
>what the fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=o31G8cGzrFg

I still love Kos-mos.

name one modern game with deep story telling, or better yet tell us what game you think has deep story telling

don't worry, we will judge you, greatly

It's not even the difficulty of the boss, just the fucking forgetfulness I suffered in not doing some of the sidequests, so my eggs are all underequipped

Everyone complained about that but I couldn't even tell the difference. I couldn't even tell the difference between any of the new voice actors and the originals. If I didn't know better, I would have thought they were the same person. I don't know if that makes me more or less autistic than your average fan.

Her Episode 2 voice was terrible though, I'm glad they changed back for Episode 3.

user she was played by Mariko Suzuki in all three games.

>Takahashi will never make a good single player RPG again

that's what happens when you're not allowed creative freedom to be a religion-bashing fedora wearer. The quality really does suffer.

>name one modern game with deep story telling
I don't play modern games so I guess you've got me there.

It still hurts user. But what hurts even more is that his games are going for mainstream appeal.

To the confused user: Xenosaga is supposed to be a retelling of Episode I of Xenogears, but in the end it barely actually touched upon it, and only did so by having Abel and Elly (called Nephilim there) around, them being of course the souls who eventually reincarnate into Xenogears' Fei and Elly. There is no Deus system spoken of in Xenosaga and the party is trying to find Earth instead. The Deus system which is so important to Gears' plot is really just a weapon that was being carried on the ship Eldridge which crashes on the Xenogears' planet in a similar time period to that Xenosaga takes place in. Abel and Elly were on that ship and you can read the rest in that image.

Incidentally, you might notice how Xenoblade X is pretty much once again a retelling of Episode I, just with aliens thrown in and a different reason for the spaceship to crash on the alien planet.

Xenoblade X is probably the closest Takahashi has ever gotten to Xenosaga, but in order to get anywhere near that part of the game you have to invest a good 100 hours for an average player, and even then the story ends right when it started to get good.

Telos is the superior Gynoid.

Do these emulate well? Is Xenogears essential to enjoying the storyline?

youtube.com/watch?v=8L3Zw59Z1Zw

>Is Xenogears essential to enjoying the storyline?
Not at all, they barely have anything to do with it. Not sure about the other question though.

It's not that different from how Xenosaga Episode I is structured though, in fact the latter is even more of a gigantic setup with no payoff than Xenoblade X. At least in X you get a few answers by the time the game ends, while in Xenosaga there are snippets in Episode II and 90% of the answers are crammed into Episode III.

That boss isn't that difficult, though. Just make sure you stay alive, and it'll go down in time. I almost got cheesed with consecutive critical hits, but I managed pretty well.

absolutely fantastic

You are in the wrong web portal, reddit is that way, fedora-kun.

He scares me sometimes.

I'm starting to see a pattern.

>Do these emulate well?
If you have a fast CPU yeah, the biggest challenge is PCSX2 really doesn't like the reflections this game uses so the game tends to crawl if you don't have an overkill CPU.

>Xenogears essential to enjoying the storyline?
No, but you should play it anyway considering saga references it heavily. There are a lot of little nods for people who have played both.

Yeah that's my whole issue, I just didn't really grind at all and don't have proper gear on my AGWS so i'm sitting with momo spamming heals and swapping in and out of AGWS to draw fire to one person at a time.

This series and Shadow Hearts are some of my favorite jrpg series

Played through all 3 games back in 2010. Apart from having to use a Beta build to switch discs in Ep 2, there were no major issues.

It should run flawlessly by now.

>not just playing on the original hardware
I want plebs to leave.

>There are a lot of little nods for people who have played both
>those pastiches of Maria and Seibzehn in the "time-travel-but-actually-Shion's-subconscious-domain" in Episode III
I still don't get the point.

>AGWS
AGWS are shit.
>didn't grind at all
You don't need to.

Did people complain about Xenosaga ending on a cliffhanger before the sequel as announced? Every goddamn X thread is muh music, muh story.

There is no point, it's just a reference.

Erde Kaiser parts were ridiculously easy to find.
Leaves the boss with just a sliver of life left just enough for KOS-MOS's X-Buster to finish off for a dramatic finish.

>maria and balthazar
her grandfather is one of the sages, another being shion's descendent, gaspar. Probably some sort of connection there, but i'd imagine it's just a reference for reference's sake.

I was in Europe so I had no idea the Xeno series even existed. I think they announced it as six games even before the first one came out though.

I'm from Europe, Ep 1 and 3 were not released here while 2, strangely enough, was.
You really expect me to import expensive end of production games, additionally paying customs fee and tax, to play on a region-locked console I have to crack somehow when I can just emulate?

It was announced as a series before the first game came out. They even had articles talking about how you were going to be able to carry over your save data and keep your levels, money and equipment between games and that ended up being bullshit.

I think the original plan was 5 games or something which got cut down to 3 and when that happened all the original plans for how the series was going to go got thrown out the window.

Yes.

Was I the only one wanting to hate-fuck Shion?

Yes and no. They're connected on a meta level, but not on a canon level. I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't play Xenogears and read the first part of Perfect Works at some point if you plan to play Xenosaga.

>announced it as six games even before the first one came out

That would explain it. That would also explain why people complained more about the 2nd game.

original hardware can eat my dick

I wanted to hate-murder Shion. That one battle towards the end where you get to attack her was so therapeutic.

I want to console her for being so wrongfully hated by everyone. She made the right choice, even if it was for the wrong reason.

Plus, Xenogears is a great game in and of itself.

But Wilhelm calls him Yeshua which is Hebrew for Jesus and he's the one who made miracles happen. Not to mention the guy can survive in space without a space suit and he can purify Gnosis.

Only in the third game, really. Aside from being kind of shitty towards Miyuki and Allen, she wasn't that bad.
>Are you okay, Shion?
>'I'm fine.'
>"The bitch just collapsed for the 12 damn time; she is not fine."

From what I've read over the years, it wasn't even meant to focus on Shion's party throughout all six games. It was meant to focus on them only for the first two games and then shift to other characters and time periods (presumably to cover the various episodes of the Xenogears lore). But then they immediately ran into time/budget issues and the planned Episode I was split into what became Episode I and Episode II, and since the first game ended up not selling as much as Namco wanted, the team at Monolith Soft got heavily shuffled around leading to the massive differences Episode II presented. Of course, those ended up being even less popular, so Namco just pulled the plug and told them to close things off with just one more game. Even so, while Episode III does answer most things from that part of the story one way or another, there's still stuff missing that's just touched upon in a monologue at the start of the game and around which you could base a whole other game.

>Not to mention the guy can survive in space without a space suit
So can Batman. Is Batman Jesus?

When has Batman survived in Space without being in a machine providing him oxygen or having a space suit on or being a green lantern.

>wrongfully