That's it?

Just beat Gael second try blind. What the fuck.

Is that really it? Was he really the FUCKING LAST BOSS OF DARK SOULS?

Funnest fight in the series desu

stfu stop insulting my husband you asshole

What didin't you like about Old Guts? Fantastic fight, both mechanically and thematically.

>Your Dark Soul
B R A V O
R
A
V
O

>"In the end, I guess this really was a Dark Souls™."

Seriously, from?

A FINE DARK SOUL TO YOU

It's not that i did not like it. It was just too fucking easy i guess? It was my second try without knowing shit about him. Maybe i need to do him on NG++ or something

It wasn't easy though, you got better. It would be unfair if it was harder.

I dont think so. I sucked dicks at Midir. Needed over 10 tries for him

it took me 10 tries to beat him with an UGS

am I just bad?

It's great how it gets anime as fuck in the final phase with lighting everywhere, him throwing his way of the white corona at you and attacking you with his crossbow and just when you think it can't get more hyper, he starts hitting you with his coat, flies around/ makes several flips over you while shooting his crossbow, 10/10 execution, would be hyped again.
>mfw

>dark souls
>hard

>game is called dark souls
>literally no mention of it until the last encounter and at the beginning of the last dlc

So...this is the power or myazaki.... woah

>Needed over 10 tries for him
that's pretty good in my opinion, I didn't count my tries, but I am sure I needed more than 10, you have to realize that some people gave that fight up entirely, I guess you got too gud user.

I got too good at this game I guess, UGS staggers him for days. I liked the fight though.

That feeling when you figured out how to beat Midir

It's mentioned in the intro of Dark Souls 1, retard.

Because Midir is unfair and broken

Are we talking about dark souls 1 here you fucking moron?

>Final battle in the age of gods is between two forgotten undead fuckers fighting over dried up blood while everyone else is long gone

really made me think

>unfair
>people beat him sl1

Embarrassingly it took me hours to beat gael. I was on ng+4 though.

How can people not like the fight? Was one of the best

>Hand it over. That thing, your "Dark Soul 3: Collectors Edition™".

Bravo Nolan.

PREPARE TO DIE, HARDEST GAME EVER XDD

Midir is an amazingly designed boss. I bet you were swiping at his ankles or some stupid shit. His attacks are clearly telegraphed for you to attack his head, and when you keep in front of him the fight becomes amazing and intense.

Midir is a hidden boss technically. Hidden bosses are always supposed to be harder in my experience. I know its a shit comparison, but basically every hidden boss in the FF series would wipe the floor with the end bosses.

Also consider the fact that it's a actual fucking eternal dragon.

DLCs don't scale

>Ahh, is this the blood...
>The Blood of the Dark Souls 3 The Fire Fades Edition™

I did not enjoy the game having such telegraphed boss phases.

Literally what is the problem with boss phases?
I can get being mad with ones that come after the healthbar is emptied, but midboss phase changes are nice and make the fight more varied.

The only move of the fight I even really remember is the part where he shoots out discs and they come back a few seconds later. Because that at least requires doing something different on the rebound than just iframing through it, even if its as basic as "go to the other side of Gael".

Every boss in all the games can be boiled down to just iframing through attacks or blocking them if you're an idiot.
These games suck ass.

It would make sense if they had a certain flow to it, but ds3 bosses were literally designed as WoW bosses at 75/50/25% hp they would automatically switch phase.

What the fuck do you mean by 'flow'?

I'm pretty sure a lot more games have phase-changing bosses than Wow

Something that makes sense within the context of the game world, bosses like nameless king but most of the bosses in DaS3 are extremely lazily designed.

What? You didn't like epicool santa claus?

Thematically and aesthetically the fight was actually perfect. No more god bullshit, just two undeads high on their dark souls duking it out at the end of time. The way Gael gradually goes full anti-Gwyn was done fantastically and by extension you're fighting Dark Soul itself.

The only major gripe i have with this battle is his damage resistance which gets annoying as shit on ng+7.

Lore me up on Gael familia