Is this game a meme?

I keep wanting to buy it but can never actually get myself to commit for fear that it's gonna be boring and massively overrated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5KDG6oBCqdY
youtube.com/watch?v=v1MWlW9IW-o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's boring and massively overrated

the story is good and the world building is so PRISTINE that you actually won't notice the shit combat and overt dependence on witcher senses. dont listen to these contrarian try hard losers just embrace mainstream culture and buy one of the best games this decade has seen

It's fucking great. It's gorgeous and fun with excellent characters and storytelling and tons of shit to do and explore. The combat leaves a bit to be desired but start at a higher difficulty and it'll be somewhat better. This faggot here is just assblasted because the game has broad enough appeal that normies like it too.

It is actually very good.

Buy it on steam though, I was a retard and bought a physical copy that gave me a GoG key and cost about as much for the base game alone as the legendary edition would on steam.

T b h if you want real shit combat play the first Witcher games .

Overall this game is a solid RPG with a good story, if you play it without prior knowledge about the witcher universe

its great to see people still mad about it

I got about as far as banging yen at skellige and I just havent found he interest to continue yet. Would be more enjoyable as a tell-tale style choose your own adventure kind of thing, or if it just took you from location to location instead of the free roam/crafting sandbox thay every game has to be these days.

It's legit great. People like to meme on shitty combat but it's good enough for this kind of game. The world design is absolutely stunning. The main city feels like a real city and not five small houses like in Skyrim.
It has it's shortcomings but with how often it's on sale (and that you can get a DRM-free copy on GOG) it's definitely worth getting.

I enjoyed skyrim for the world despite the shitty combat, so it seems like I would enjoy this. Thanks for the input friendos

Go for it 100%, huge game, I got hooked quite quickly.

>telltale
>enjoyable

this

It's excellent. The combat has some positive aspects, but the problem is it doesn't feel like you're a badass. Fighting people is the highlight of the combat. Especially great numbers of people. The monsters are great, but fighting them is mostly just rolling and attacking when you can.

Everything else is top tier.

It's a legitimately good game. It's popular everywhere so of course it's not popular on this board.

People get upset here when good games don't get recognition, but the second one actually does look what happens.

Oh god i remember how everyone was sucking CDPR's dick on this board before W3 (or even W2) was released. "Buy their game" "Based CDPR" "Underrated gems" and so on.
W3 went to mainstream and it's the most overrated garbage in history now and CDPR are hacks who could never make a good game in the first place.

Exactly. People Used to love The Witcher series, now because it's popular, people only ever mention it to bait for (you)s.

Yup I remember it too.

By the way any of you contrarian faggots would care to list me story focused RPGs with better combat than Witcher 3?

Beside that, unparalleled realistic visuals in RPGs were demanded

Every time I try to play this I get bored after about 2-3 hours and drop it what am I doing wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=5KDG6oBCqdY

>Sup Forums is one person redditors pretending to be oldfags

Automata?

read the books if you want to enjoy it
start with Sword of destiny up until Lady of the lake, The last wish is optional unless you want more short stories like SoD

It's pretty crap

Good for benchmarking, not good for fun

game of the decade without equal competitors

if this year's E3 marks future trends for the videogames industry it will be the best game you could play in the upcoming decade as well

don't forget about Cyberpunk my guy
it's coming soon, i can feel it. late 2018-mid 2019

it has 2077 in it's name for a good reason user

Believe me, its boring. Hold down button, follow red glowy things. The entire game. Combat sucks too.

please no

I'll concede that one. Automata is pretty fun.

Do the expansions, they are more fun and interesting in my opinion. and don't try to do every question mark on map, it will burn you out

2020 is my guess, same year as tabletop game supposedly takes place

so pirate it?

>pirating from one of the few major game companies left with any ounce of integrity

If he's that paranoid about being gypped it's probably a good idea.
It's a dick move but money is money.

But its an interactive storybook, as a game its pretty mediocre or even poor.

Most story-focused games just have mediocre gameplay, because they focus on the story. Any recent ARPG with good gameplay arguably didn't focus on its story.

It's a better storybook than most games nowadays

It's a good game, but the midgame is formulaic and gets stale, if you only play for the main story quest and don't do all the extra shit it's considerably more enjoyablle.

Well I want a game, not a storybook. I like RPGs with actual RPG elements, not just dialogue choices and pretty graffix.

Cool. Go play those games then.

Anyone else think the combat should have been more like a beat em up? I feel like it tries to be both RPG-like, and action-like, but it's just a medicore combination of both. Either make it more RPG/strategic or make it more action-oriented, don't just give us fumbly, awkward action with RPG elements

oh hey that's made by the biodrone who spams threads
interesting

>those scenes where you play as ciri
>fucking awesome action, she moves so fast and kicks ass
>go back to playing as geralt
>combat is slow and boring

Shit, I had more fun playing as Ciri than Geralt. IMO it's a massive problem.

I will, and I'll also continue to express my dislike of Witcher 3 and other "games" like it that focus on storytelling instead of gameplay.

I burst out laughing user. I mean Witcher 3s combat is godawful but come on you posted the worst beat em up (game play wise) in years. Maybe it beats out DmC

youtube.com/watch?v=v1MWlW9IW-o

> tfw no ciri spinoff game

I had fun with it. It's shallow, sure, but it's a huge improvement over any other Drakengard game.