Why didn't they announce it?

Why didn't they announce it?

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendoworldreport.com/feature/44880/breaking-down-the-staff-behind-arms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not happening.

Nintendo is already hitting a one-two punch with Mario and Zelda in the same year. There's no need to blow their load immediately and let the console fizzle out.

I always liked the idea of a Smash coming in the middle or end of a console's life instead of the start anyway.

Why can't you be fucking patient? Wii and Wii U didn't get their Smash games until 2 years after they came out.

Gotta save something for when the Switch starts to die.

Because of the demand.
Don't expect SSB until late 2018.

Because I didn't get a Wii U and I just want a straight port like MK8

too bad

Nobody has not pitched a new smash bros title yet.

Your desires are retarded and do not deserve to be fulfilled.

This. Sakurai could be arsed to do it, and they don't want to let anyone else do it out of m-muh japanese respect. Hopefully someone else can do Smash 5

It's just not happening. Might as well save the effort for when they start working on Smash 5, which I can't imagine will be too far off from now.

sounds like a personal problem

They are not announcing another fighting game this year because of Pokken and ARMS. Thinking early 2018 if it's a Wii u port, 2019 if it's an original game.

It doesn't exist.

Because porting Smash 4 would be massively retarded.

>have to waste time/money/effort that could be spend on an actually new Smash
>would ptake away sales and playerbase from new Smash

Stop begging for remasters already, for fuck's sake.

But porting MK8 is fine.

It was ported so the Mario Kart team could work on Arms

We need super smash bros and knuckles + project x zone + Sony allstar battleroyal + *insert Microsoft smash bros title here*

Wow does your dad own Nintendo?

Don't forget Dante from the Devil May Cry series

Dante is already here in project x zone, stupid!

>Brawl - Snake, Sonic
>Sm4sh - MegaMan, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud, Bayonetta

What 3rd-party character could they possibly announce for 5mash to even surprise people with? [/spoiler]Don't you dare say Goku.[/spoiler]

nintendoworldreport.com/feature/44880/breaking-down-the-staff-behind-arms
Get fucked faggot

they don't need to right now. if they did then pokken would sell half whatever it sells now too.

>Fucked up my spoiler

Well I feel stupid.

Simon Belmont

I hope you enjoy not getting an actually new Mario Kart for years and years and years.

i wish they made a good game instead of making arms

Because Meleefags will just bitch that it's not just Melee HD like the last two times.

nintendo doesnt care about melee fans

they're just kind of there.

Listen nigger I don't give a fuck about Mario Kart or a new Smash Bros. If Nintendo doesn't port smash 4 to the switch I'll fucking kamikaze their headquarters.

No you won't, you'll just whine on the internet like you're doing right now

>Sm5sh - Loyd Irving, Rabbid Quad, some weebshit rep that has a switch game that is only released in japan, bomberman, bomber girl, Monster hunter rep, *something even worse than Cloud in sm4sh*, *another swordsman character*, *project x zone 1 and 2 characters?*

They don't have to yet. The system is selling well enough as it is, and they already have some pretty heavy hitters this year.

They reserved the "oh yeah, I guess we're making it" announcement for fucking MP4.

BTFO

I wondered if, a voice actor that she/he did voiced a fighter in sm4sh, if she/he has new recordings for a upcoming game, we bet that it will be sm5sh, if not, fuck.

Well Bomberman is on Switch.

>Smssh
Shaking my /ss/ head?

Did you retards even read the article

Did you?
>So from that overview and scan of the Arms staff credits, it seems like this was very much a Mario Kart team project, and maybe one of the first major projects to be finished after the 2015 EAD restructuring

BTFO yet again. Get outta here

Goat

And how does that substantiate the claim that the team ported MK8 so that they could work on Arms. They ported MK8 because it would make money on the switch, as would Smash4

the smash fanbase is so fucking loud and obnoxious

WE'RE NOT LOUD AND OBNOXIOUS
FUCK YOU

>And how does that substantiate the claim that the team ported MK8 so that they could work on Arms
You might be an actual retard
If they had to build a brand new Mario Kart from the ground up in time for the Switch launch window, there is no way in hell they could've had ARMS done this quickly. By porting MK8, they were able to put in minimal work so they could work on ARMS
Go be stupid somewhere else please

Klonoa

Because they have too many games that need propping up right now. Smash on Switch would take the thunder out of every single game that is coming out this year and early next year. Wait until next E3.

This. ex-nintendo confirmed Smash as a "dangerous brand" because it dwarfs all of their other games.

>If they had to build a brand new Mario Kart from the ground up in time for the Switch launch window, there is no way in hell they could've had ARMS done this quickly.

I missed the part in the article that explained that for the launch of the switch there had to be either a new Mario kart or a port of MK8

If they had to make a new Mario Kart they wouldn't have been able to work on Arms. So we wouldn't have seen Arms for another 2 years at least.
By doing a port of MK8D, they released both Mario Kart and Arms on the system within just a few months of the Switch's launch.
Is this really difficult for you to understand?

Now how does that tie into not releasing a port of smash

>People still asking for a Smash 4 port

I only brought this up because you said "hurrr mario kart port" as if that proves that Smash 4 will be ported

Because a port with even some minor shit extra character like Ice Climbers would've sucked the hype out of ARMS and Pokken with the vacuum power of a thot's mouth on a landlord's cock.

I don't want to be that guy who posts leaks to Sup Forums, but I feel I have to do this in order to shut people up about this. I do not work with Nintendo or SEGA, but I am an industry insider due to my job, which I will keep secret.

A fifth Smash Bros game has been in development since mid 2016 for Nintendo Switch. It is however the first game in the series to not be directed by Masahiro Sakurai. Directing Smash 5 is no other than Yu Suzuki, series producer of Virtua Fighter. Namco are still involved with Smash 5, providing support with Unreal Engine 4 which is the engine being used for this entry in the series.

When viewing Yu Suzuki's concept and design proposal for Smash 5, he listed characters he would like to have included. These include Inkling, "Spring dude", Isabelle, Jibayan, Viewtiful Joe, Teddie, Geno, Tails, Klonoa, Akita Yuki, and Jotaru Joestar. He was told during the proposal session that he would not be allowed to add Jotaru into the game. Yu Suzuki also wants to bring back Ice Climbers and Wolf.

For new game modes, Yu Suzuki wants to add more online functionality. Some of the ideas proposed for online were Clans, trophy trading, Amiibo team battles and HP mode. Other ideas brought up were character skin editor, various voice packs for each fighter and showing support for fighters during spectate mode.

The game is still far into development. Expect the reveal trailer at next year's E3. More stuff has been added to the game since the original proposal document from 2016, including a few more newcomers. Judging by the early build I've seen, you should expect the first newcomers to be revealed are Inkling, Arle + Carbuncle and Daisy. The game probably won't be done until early 2020

Some dude said that Smash4 will not be ported because of the time and money it will take. And I responded mockingly saying that apparently all that effort can go into MK8 but not a Smash4 port. I guess you have too much autism to understand sarcasm though, I guess I really should have figured

>get BTFO
>call the other person autist
kek

>can't detect sarcasm or follow a simple line of reasoning
>posts memes

Oh ok that checks out

Bomberman, Rayman, monster hunter, dragonborn

>He was told during the proposal meeting that he would not be allowed to add Jotaru into the game.

Dropped

>teddie
The one from persona 4?

Yes, P4 Teddie. Unfortunately SEGA rep suggested swapping Teddie out for a Puyo character, meaning we now have Arle + Carbuncle.

>bring back Wolf

Nigga we don't even need Falco.

Imagine if this post wasn't bullshit and how many good current Nintendo characters would be cut to make room for that clown car of advertisements.

>Unfortunately SEGA rep suggested swapping Teddie out for a Puyo character, meaning we now have Arle + Carbuncle.
>Unfortunately

You sure about that

Suzuki sounds like a cool guy to have a beer with, unlike Sakurai who is the equivalent of being forced to play with Legos with your little cousin.

I'm sure that it's an unbearable outcome.

Who was removed from the roster in this game? Talking mainly about characters who were in Smash 4.

Hopefully all the dlc characters

Why the fuck do you guys care what happens with Mario vs Fire Emblem 4?

Dr Mario (replaced with Daisy)
Dark Pit (now a Pit alt skin)
Lucina (now a Marth alt skin)
Little Mac (replaced with Spring Man)
Shulk (replaced with Rex)
Mega Man (licensing issues)
Pac Man (replaced with Klonoa)
Ryu (licensing issues)
Cloud (licensing issues)
Bayonetta (replaced with Arle + Carbuncle)

I'm not buying these "leaks" are too outlandish.

>Your idea of a smash game with a celebration/festival/olympic games feel will never happen
>Marie and Callie will never be the hosts who make comments on the menus/replays/host extra bonus "interviews" with the character roster
>No trophy mode where they're all statues at a museum and you have misc random characters admiring them all
>Classic mode will always be shit
>No adventure mode
>No "The Arena" mode with unique boss battles against memorable characters who wouldn't be playable but still KOed like standard characters instead of a shitty health meter.
>No "The True Arena" mode where everything's jacked to shit with multiple stocks and more dangerous modes from their original games meant to be broken as shit during their second stock. Include an extra four bosses at the end, Mewtwo (turns into Mega Mewtwo X on second stock), King Dedede (Masked Dedede), Ganondorf (Piggy Trident Ganon) and Bowser (Five stock endurance battle at the end where he keeps using different forms from his games, including a massive giant, Giga Bowser, Clown Car Bowser, etc. etc.) all also jacked to shit to act like proper boss battles

Kill me now.

>Bomberman could be on the next smash
>mfw the guy from Skyrim too

Along with that, characters from the proposal were cut too.

Teddie (replaced with Arle + Carbuncle)
Viewtiful Joe (replaced with Wonder Red)
Tails (only one Sonic character allowed)
Wolf (scrapped)

>new smash
isnt happening.

>Have to re-unlock custom moves through RNG hell
>Still have to deal with faggots and children in for glory, not to mention the terrible netcode

No thanks.

One last set of notes before I go

Link and Zelda's designs are now their Breath of the Wild designs. This means all the Zelda characters will be representing OOT, WW and BOTW.

Samus and Zero Suit Samus will be designed to look like how they will look in Metroid Prime 4.

The Mario characters look more like how they do in Mario games outside of Smash. Voice packs also allow Mario characters to sound the way they do in regular Mario games.

All characters who have both a Japanese and English voice actor will let you swap between those two languages of voices. Older versions of voices from previous Smash Bros and older games in respective franchises will also be included.

Marth and Roy will get a new voice pack for English. Ryan Drummond is coming back to voice a voice pack for Sonic.

Does your dad work for Nintendo?

this
we're only a few months away from sm4sh being 3 years old
the wii u didn't even last the full console gen and I'm sure nintendo wants smash on switch asap
all we can do is hope it's not rushed shit

>Ryan Drummond voicing a Sonic voice pack

When do preorders begin?

>tfw no Super Smash Kart

These all sound like reasonable and good things which means you're full of shit.

kek

Reminder that Sakurai isn't the director for Smash 5

>teddie
> a character from a nearly 10 year old Sony exclusive game that just got a new entry
>and the series is a spin off a game that has been on nintendo systems for 25 years with no representation in smash
It sounds terrible enough to be true.

>Ryan Drummond is coming back to voice a voice pack for Sonic.
please don't play with my heart like that

If someone besides Sakurai makes smash and its the best received one I'm worried he will spiral into lifelong depression.

1. its not happening
2.saving it for a direct so they dont run out of games to announce and can steadily keep people interested in the switch over time
3.they didnt want to over shadow arms, street fighter, and pokken and feared it would hurt their sales if they announced another more popular fighting game that the community would hold off on buying lesser fighters for the switch and wait for smash
4.they are adding a lot and arent far enough in development and will reveal it a while off maybe even next E3

pick one.

Didn't stop Nintendo from announcing Prime 4 and Pokemon.

The man's best with single player games. He doesn't know how to handle a multiple player game with a huge a following as Smash. Suzuki's at least had some experience there.

If they announced it we'd have a chance to actual pre order the fucking thing. Took months to restock the gamecube adapter, hopefully it still works for switch.

They have a lot for 2017 and don't want a bombshell like smash to overshadow other games.

>He doesn't know how to handle a multiple player game

To be fair, all four of the smash games are amazing games jampacked with content and fan service. I don't think you could call a single one of them bad, regardless of your preferences.

For every choice we can shit on Sakurai for, we have to remember just how much content is in these games and how much love and attention to detail was put in them. Really, the only thing I can shit on Smash 4 for genuinely is the absolutely terrible single player content. I think everyone hates Smash Tour. Not me, not my circle of friends, not Sup Forums, I seriously don't think ANYONE likes Smash Tour. And the classic mode is god awful too.

Because Smash 4 is boring as fuck

They got to save something for next year, user. It's clear that they're simply releasing thing slowly to prevent any sort of drought like the Wii U had.

THIS