I take back all the bad stuff I've said about Kickstarter projects (and I've said a lot)...

I take back all the bad stuff I've said about Kickstarter projects (and I've said a lot).This game is great and it gives me hope that there exist good games that have passed me by that I can still discover.

Do yourself a favour and buy it for next to nothing in the sale if you haven't already played it.

Dead Man's Switch was ass, OP. And the the game still functions like a mobile game despite the fact that they left that platform.

Shadowrun Returns is a fucking tablet game.

There is very little gameplay, and all items are highlighted for you to see so there is no exploration needed.

I played for about 3 hours before turning it off.

Returns was one of the most barebones RPGs I ever played. I heard the sequels were way better but I can't bring myself to finish such a boring game to get to them.

You're not missing out on anything. I liked all three campaigns but the only thing carrying the game is the setting.

I wish a proper RPG making dev made it but at least Harebrained used it to cut their teeth in to eventually make a Battletech game. So there was something good to come out of all of this.

Damn samefagging so hard

>summerfag doesnt know about unique IP's

>newfag doesn't know about VPNs

I remember starting the first one and dropping it after a few hours, then I did the same with the other two years later. I have no idea why I couldn't stick to them.
I just wanted to be a big dumb troll

Or maybe you just got shit taste.

Yeah man, somebody is so intent on ruining your precious games reputation that they samefagged 5 times just to get you man... 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!@!@

>all items are highlighted for you

This is a good thing. Pixel hunting is retarded.

It was barebones but I enjoyed it because the settings carry the game and I like to have choices to pick from for my answer even if they doesn't impact a lot because it give a sense of role play.

>using the exact same language to describe the game
>in the exact same format
>sentences structured similarly
Totally a samefag.

OP come on this is just sad.

>OH MAN, NOW THEY'RE SAMEFAGGING WITHIN 4 SECONDS OF EACHOTHER!@!

you're paranoid man, take your meds

Not him but it's the way it's highlighted. Wasteland 2 did it better.

Here we go with the triple samefag again.

you can play any of the three games in any order and you won't miss anything

>returns
lmao don't tell me you haven't played Hong Kong and Dragonfall

I really loved the 2007 shooter, it felt like a 10 year early Overwatch cos of the abilities and stuff that made it better than CSGO n TF2.

I haven't ever been able to get into these or the old SNES game though.

Every time I try that game I get nauseous from the atmosphere or the camera or something.

And the gameplay itself is horrendously boring.
Too slow. Too weak. No dynamism to it at all. A yawnfest.

As far as I can tell, you're better off reading Neuromancer under some warm blankets on a rainy day than playing this game.

I know people prefer Dragonfall and HK but I just replayed Dead Man's Switch and I still like its story. Yes it's linear but it's a good introduction to Shadowrun and the writing has attitude. Unlike HK it's short and snappy, it knows what it needs to convey and does so succinctly. Also it throws Karma and Nuyen at you like crazy, I really wish they had made another DLC campaign for high level players who had just finished DMS. The Dragonfall DLC didn't allow you to import characters which only leaves UGC of which there is very little that I've found worth playing.

People here are cunts. Dragonfall and Hong Kong were great and significantly improved on the formula.

Do I need to play the first one to enjoy dragonfall?

No, they're all standalone. Returns is a good intro to the universe if you're new to it but otherwise Dragonfall is perfectly fine to start with.

Play Dragonfall and Hong Kong. That's good stuff. Dragonfall has Glory, that alone makes it superior to the original Returns.

Returns has Coyote and Cherry Bomb. Granted, it needed more of Cherry Bomb.

Cherry Bomb works the backroom occassionally, so if you're into that.