Why is this game so linear? Literally all other platformers from the era were in true 3D not this tunnel crap...

Why is this game so linear? Literally all other platformers from the era were in true 3D not this tunnel crap. They should have remastered Spyro instead not this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gAtQTOD8GZA
youtube.com/watch?v=QuPrYzpkiKI
youtube.com/watch?v=bFE8voXaDeI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can't believe I lived to see people start shitposting about the original crash games.

According to the video that plays when you 100% all the games they are going to remaster spyro eventually.
Just be patient OP.

I didn't see any video like that?

funny how ND had to use tricks to make it look as "good" as it did on psx, despite it being extremely linear. bunch of hacks. can't even figure out how to get grenades working on a moving train in UC2 without wasting months.

This is such a bad attempt at b8 I'm not even gonna give you a (you)

Why is this game so aimless? Like almost all other platformers from that era, this is a slow, drawn out collectathon with no focus. I'm glad they remastered Crash instead of this shit.

>linear is bad
you're the reason MGSV happened

Because it was a great series and we already have several major "true 3D" games for this year.

Go back to your cod kid

Wait a minute... a shit game 2 decades ago... is still shit?

wow

>i have no arguments so i call it a bait

Not an argument.

Why is this game so linear? Literally all other platformers from the era were in true metroidvanias not this left-to-right crap

>Not an argument.
Not an argument...

What's even worse is that the remasters added a ton of bugs.

That's not a bug, you clearly slid in waist deep water you dumbass.

Saying not an argument is not argument

...Not an argument.

>le linear is bad
Yet Crash ended up with better level design than Mario 64 despite having worse controls.

Gotta say, the remastered OST sounds pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=gAtQTOD8GZA
youtube.com/watch?v=QuPrYzpkiKI

huh. I say crash has much better controls. never cared for the way Mario games controlled.

>That's not a bug
Fuck off you shiteating faggot. What are you going to tell me next? This one also "wasn't a bug"?

It's good for the first game, minus Slippery Climb.
It's shit for the other two. The original compositions are objectively superior.

Crash meets Doom
youtube.com/watch?v=bFE8voXaDeI

Crash is literally one of the earliest 3D platformers, probably the first successful one. It was still using conventions that were common amongst 2D platformers, the only reason later platformers like your precious Spyro were open world was because they all copied Super Mario 64, a game that single-handedly defined what 3D platformers would be like for decades to come.

He doesn't. Mario in that game can tackle anytime in the game in any number of ways because of how smoothly he controls and the vast variety of moves he possesses. It's just too bad the levels suck after the basement and anything with swimming is boring as fuck.

Now you're talking. I've actually seen people getting stuck in one of those holes in the ice levels in the original as well. I've never been able to replicate it.

Yeah. Nobody remembers that abomination Super Mario 64 which was released earlier than crash. Crash truly is the first successful one.

I like it, but it seems it was changed too far to point feels like it's different from the original. Still great.

Hang Eight's overdone instrument at 0:42 is disgusting but yes, those two pieces are actually really nice imo. I like the reusing of past instyments combines with new ones in Hang Eight especially. In general the music is meh though, tends to pack less of a punch.

I'm old and thought 3d platformers sucked dick on playstation but loved original Crash back then.

it's actually pretty nice. I'm glad crash is getting recognition again.

Keep in mind that when Crash came out, there was next to nothing on the 3D Platformer market. It was pretty much Crash, Bubsy 3D, and Super Mario 64. There was literally next to nothing on the market for platformers, and what was there was either SNES/Genesis ports, or still did 2D.

And before you say anything about Spyro, the first Spyro game was 98, same year as Crash 3 and 3 years into the Playstation's life, and began development 1 year after Crash came out. Naughty Dog and Insominiac also helped each other out with code since their offices were so close to each other and the staff members were friendly with each other.

That's been confirmed fake for a while dude

>levels after the basement suck
Pardon nigger? I think the second floor has great levels, especially Tal Tal Mountain. Third floor is where things dip, I'd say.

This is exactly the reason why i love the crash games actually. The most literal translation of classic 2d platforming.
The only reason why I wanted a Playstation back then.

Super Mario 64 had only released a few months prior to Crash Bandicoot's release, and only in Japan. It's been pretty much confirmed by Naughty Dog that they had no idea about SM64 while working on Crash, so yes it's still probably the only successful 3D platformer to not take any cues whatsoever from Super Mario 64

TTM in particular is shit. Climbing the same mountain over and over is not good design in that type of game. It wouldn't be nearly as bad if it didn't warp you out each star. The snow level on that floor is alright.

> b-but muh Mario 64

Nobody likes Ninteniggers because of the way they type their shitty arrogant opinions.

So in the dawn of 3D platformers, everything that wasn't Mario-tier was shit? I love Mario 64 (mostly) but I don't see how that game's success belittle's Crash's design. There was no standard established 3D platforming formula at the time, cut Crash some slack.

>probably the first successful one

Enjoy your 3 day vacation.

You're clearly standing on a very clear piece of ice.

Hah. Not an argument.

This has to be bait...

Crash only appeal furfags, the was bad back in the day and is even worse in the remaster. However, it is better than Spyro.

The unique tunnel gameplay is part of the reason Crash is literally the only 3D platformer I can stand that isn't Jumping Flash, Ratchet, or Mario 64.

Collectathons are a shit genre.

>probably
I think you should look up what that word means, also it wasn't even the main point of my argument, but if you want to fixate on that then go ahead

Really? Snow one's frustrating to me honestly, featureless. Something about TTM is fun to me, it feels unsafe and tricky.

crash: 95
Mario 64: 96

even if Nintendo was the first (they weren't) it doesn't matter. the fact no one has bothered to emulate the 3D Mario games' slippery controls is proof they're not all they're cracked up to be.

lol i can't believe the vicarious visions pr guy had the audacity to say it wasn't rushed

Not an argument.

What?

Yeah I never liked crash's linearity either, it's too sterile and boring

>Wouldn't it be fucking crazy if you played Mario from behind his back? What would that even BE?

And thus Crash was born.

>Mario 64
>slippery controls
what

Different user, but I never really liked Wet-Dry World. Felt too cramped and hard to traverse.
The others were alright.

You can literally do the same thing in those vids in the original crash trilogy.

It's a perfect remake through and through

Not an argument.

>this has to be bait
>posts bait
Ironic
Yes. You may just enjoy it for whatever reasons you have but the design still blows and would've benefited from being altered in the DS remake.

3D platformers were a mistake, 2D platforming is where it's at.

Maybe it wasn't though. Maybe VV is just a shit company that don't know how to release non-mediocre games. They don't exactly have a good track record anyway. Regardless of whether it was rushed or not they could'nt replicate and properly reimagine the charm of the original games and characters.

It's very typical kind of being incapable of reading past a certain point in a post that doesn't praise a Nintendo game up in the clouds.

You literally stopped right there, because that's where you saw an opportunity to shill a Nintendo game.

Saying that not an argument is not an argument is not an argument.

Not an argument.

If want to argue Crash 1 controls better than Mario 64, expect to be proven painfully wrong.

it's not supposed to be. simply stating a fact.

Agree actually. It felt tedious. I did love discovering that old town though. It was so excitimg and oddly creepy. Whole level had a strange vibe.

Is this the birth of brand new meme?

The linearity is what makes is so good, the focus is purely on the platforming, jumps and timing. Most "open" platformers are fucking dreadful and turn into collectathons.

It's a Sup Forums meme. Le argument man is very popular there.

maybe they're both shit. I haven't played crash in ages. I'm just glad no other games copy Mario 64's godawful controls.

*In your opinion.

I don't know what your problem is. I corrected him and suddenly 3 or 4 angry fanboys jumped down my throat. Mario 64 came out before crash. End of story. It's a fact and nothing you say will change that simple fact. I don't care about the rest of the post, I didn't argue against it.

I've seen some footage of remastered crash 1, and it looks cool, but I don't have a PS4. I assume Crash 2 and 3 are pretty simmilar? Cause for some reason Crash 1 isn't on vita, so would I miss out on much by skipping 1?

>we won't keep in the early red gem in crash 2
>but we'll keep in this obtrusive sliding glitch!
wow..... how thoughtful....................

Replace Mario with Sonic and you'd be correct.

If you wanna complain about how awful the N64's controller is, go ahead, but he controls well in that game.

hardly.
the video clearly shows the fuck head sliding into a pit of water.

They had speedrunners as playtesters so what did you expect other than autism?

> just don't slide in the water that often cause the water physics are broke lol
damn you got me

You'd only miss out opportunities to smash your precious Vita, you're good.

Crash 1 remaster may be harder due to different physics and hitboxes, but at least the OG death animation is gone, so it's less frustrating overall.

You can also save and you don't lose lives in bonus stages, with also the opportunity to repeat them, remaster Crash 1 is actually a lot easier with the exception of the bridge levels, which are 2 of 26

Because graphix. They used supercomputers to precompute all the renderings, but this limited them to a fixed camera path. When they came out they were feeling so confident because their game looked much better than sm64, which still went on to be much more successful than crash, because it is actually fun. Really goes to show that sonybros only cared about graphics right from the beginning, and I say this as a sonybro myself.

Also, you can still earn gems even if you die, something you couldn't do in the original.

>you can still bypass the bridge stages by waking on the ropes.
Good shit

Spyro has heart and creativity. Also, gliding is very fun. It's not about collecting random shit, it's about risking lives to get to places to collect random shit.

Except colored gems. Those follow the old rules of "Break all boxes and DONT DIE"

>brand new
not a argument

Cod is also linear

You're a disgrace to us sonygros, technical feats in the industry should always be looked up upon, no matter the field. You know Crash didn't even have bone-based animation and they moved him by manually decompressing vertex updates in real time? That's the only way they could make it feel so good to control. The PS1 Crash games were still fun for a lot of people and challenging enough, having good grafx doesn't make a bad game.

Mario 64 focused its resources elsewhere and was still fun for not very different reasons like the way Mario controlled and traveled through the world while you figured out how to get unreachable or secret stars by hammering the level into your mind and get to places by non conventional means. Sound familiar? Mario just had more depth, that's all.

Cool thanks, gonna look up a bit more footage of it cause I've only seen a bit, but I like platformers so all should be good.

>Why is this game so linear? Literally all other platformers from the era were in true 3D not this tunnel crap.

Retard. Go look at release dates. There were zero examples of good open level 3d platformers before mario 64. Both crash and mario 64 released in the same timeframe. You're basically asking >HURR why didn't crash revolutionize the genre. The same reason you haven't revolutionized a genre. Pimpin aint easy.

Also if it wasn't for linear levels you wouldn't have made it from your dad's sack to your worthless existence you underage faggot.

That's an old bug, I don't have the remake but that's happened to me.

Nigger you've never seen a movie? Those are quicktiles. The more you struggle the faster you sink.

I played the shit out of all the Crash games when I was a kid but when I revisited them a few years ago I was shocked at how linear and slow paced everything was. They really are the biggest case of "not as good as I remembered it" in vidya in my opinion.

They still hold up you've just become jaded.

>Rayman Legends
>Linear

because Crash is not about exploring it's about platforming. Later games were more open but they all flopped.

It was linear so they could push more graphics

Naughty Dog were always massive graphics whores