Fucking hidden stats

>numerous attributes are hidden and the player simply has to guess how many points they have in certain atrributes
Good god, what the fuck were they thinking? I cant even see how many points I have in dodge, which seems kinda useful. Im playing thaumaturage btw, not sure if the stat screen is different for other classes, but my stat screen hardly gives me enough info

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1PpAuOcKTF0SaGq8G9CWXTWqMsIU3IJxzqXd3LQBPy1E/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Those stats aren't important enough to worry about. As THM/BLM you care more about spell speed and direct hit.

They also don't exist anymore, chance to hit and dodge are tied directly to the difference in level between you and the thing you're hitting, rather than being based off the old evasion/accuracy stats.

I didn't even know there was a dodge stats

Are 2.1 -> 2.55 quests meant to be so boring?

Yes because they implemented things to try and salvage their shit ideas like guildhest. Gets way better in HW

Yes, they were not designed to be binged, but to give feeling of content every four or so months.

I JUST WANT TO UNLOCK THE HW JOBS ALREADY

Tell me you aren't dumb enough to think that was all that was released during those patches
You're playing catch up on a fraction of the content released during that time, plus it only takes like 2 days to get through all of it so I don't know why people complain

There is a solution in the cash shop.
Also I think the 2.4 and 2.5 patches had some good story stuff going on with them.

>leveling up another job
>get my makai title
>lose every frontlines

Why would you need to see your Evasion stat when it never grows, and has no gear that affects it?

Well I'm close, and its dumb to spend like 21,45 euros on something like that

FFXI evasion actually mattered

Is there any up to date reliable info sites for this game? It seems like all the ones i can find are either outdated or too vague

Reddit

/vg/ general probably has shit in their OP. And Leddit

What do I do as a sub-60 SMN between aetherflow cooldowns and when out of stacks? I feel like I'm doing fuckall damage. Do I have to time my shit like fester, bane, or painflare to align better with the cooldown or do I just burn everything away and ruin while maintaining my two DoTs until the cooldown's done?

>Duty Roulette (Leveling)
>Aurum Vale
I will never not be mad that this dungeon exists

People still play SMN?

>hate nu-nin
>but sam can only wear asymmetrical "smack lips" monk trash
Sam should have shared with drg or nin.

>mfw the most efficient way to level DPS involves never actually learning how your job functions
>still can't get anyone to play tank
Jesus fuck yoshi it's not rocket surgery.

>Dismal Cuckhold
Holy shit it gives me AIDS every fucking time. It's not a shitter crusher, it's just a horrible fucking dungeon and probably the number one candidate for worst dungeon in my opinion.

>Sam should have worn Western style armor or dressed up as the literal opposite of a samurai

Nigger no.

Rouse/enkindle on cooldown, after that it's pretty much bio/miasma then ruin spam. If you use garuda, you can stack stuff on contagion dots and shadowflare during it but meh.

I'm sure you have plenty of mobs to DoT. Since Bane doesn't spread your DoTs at 100% to the mob, individually DoTing them after a Bane could take up a lot of time.

As a tank Aurum Vale is nice. As a healer it's pain never ending.

>a class whose af is a fucking robe shittalking any other class
a fucking robe

I don't really mind it as a healer, people standing in yellow goop get to die and I get to chuckle.

dat hat tho

I try to be good person and keep everyone alive and god damn tank eat the fucking fruit and don't rotate the boss to throw up on me.

No. But I want to level it anyway because I have to level all DoM jobs. I figured if I level SMN and RDM at the same time, then do AST and WHM, I'll save armory space.
I'll keep a closer eye on rouse/enkindle, then. I have both egis on sic since contagion can't be wasted anymore, not sure if that's correct though.
Seems reasonable, thanks.

Also, ruin III all the time or just until I feel like my mp is taking too hard a beating? I know ruin II is for movement, and ruin III has reduced cost during dreadwyrm, but I'm unsure when it's appropriate to use ruin or ruin III outside of dreadwyrm trance.

Embrace your inner asshole, it makes healing much more fun.

Yeah, it should be an o-yoroi and sam should share with drg, but yoshi is a hack that watched too many Edo period samurai movies and gave us a fucking robe and share with mhiggers.

How do I get a callback trial if I barely remember my character name? Does it let you add offline people as friends?

Are tancity and piety tied to any of the 5 attributes, or can you only increase them with gear?

Also, are invisble stats (stats that are only listed on gear effects) like gathering always 0 unless youre getting a bonus from gear? To clarify, would my gathering always be 0 unless im getting a gathering bonus from a piece of gear?

I already play limbo with tank hp to get as much use as possible out of the ast skill that has better potency lower the health.

Also, muh commendations.

Only 2.1-2.3 is boring. 2.4 and 2.5 are both great.

You should also be doing the content that came out with those patches aside from the main story, like the still-great Crystal Tower raids.

Have you tried switching to gathering class and looking at your stats then?

I can't stop playing DRK. Why is Blackest Night such an amazing skill?

Dots are snapshot meaning if you apply them under contagion the 10% damage will apply until the dots run out. Doesn't apply to shadowflare but since it's on the same cooldown and is ogcd, you might as well time it.

>healer
>named mercy main
>bitches about getting obliterated by thunder on delta v4.0 because he and a bunch of DPS decided to stand INSIDE of the main tank's asshole
>"wow how did you make it to 70 without knowing you need to face the boss AWAY from the raid group"
>I mean, you know despite the fact that he has no cleaves
Mind you, the MT probably should have moved, but they're hardly the only person at fault here. Healers are the most entitled bitches sometimes.

SAM should wear heavy armor, wield a naginata/odachi, and be a tank.

The first boss of Labyrinth is probably the hardest bit of 24 man content in the game currently.

At least that's how it felt when I did it few days ago for Khole.

Oh, I didnt know changing class also changed what stats you can see. I just started and my character is leveled enough to change class yet

SMN pre-70 got raped with the expansion, sorry. It used to be the most fun job to play, especially in AoE situations where they were the best job by a massive margin.

It's still a good and enjoyable job for single target boss fights at level 70, but only then. Which is like 1% of the content in the game right now. At least Omega is mostly single target.

Hilarious how the best looking samurai armor is for drg.

>Dzeamel
>drag enemies to crystal light
>healer just stands there doing nothing while I take single digit damage
I always tell the dps to thank the healer being lazy for why they have to wait for another tank to show up

I need a confirmation, it's only the 2nd week for deltascape tokens, right?

Gathering and Crafting stats are kinda useless for combat classes, now aren't they.

Hey correct me if I’m wrong but, uh, this game isn’t FFXI

How? I've literally never seen a wipe on that one. Or are you confusing it with Behemoth King?

And that's why it's shit

Yes. Savage next week

>O2 and O3 Savage
Kill me now

Correct

DPS might have all the retards, but healers have the most cancerous players. Still trying to figure out what tanks have, but I'd probably put good money on the cockiest players.

What material should I meld for tank gear? Or should I wait for new patch updates Tuesday?

It's week 3,where have you been

V2.1 and V3.1 will be great though. Tons of potential for fun expansions of the mechanics. V1.1 is going to be the tedious one, judging by the normal version. I hope it's easy enough to clear on day 1.

Tenacity and Piety are usless stats for a ranged dps yet the game shows me those

>It's still a good and enjoyable job for single target boss fights at level 70, but only then
It still isn't. Current SMN opener, rotation and managment is a joke compared to the HW. The class is no longer fun because "I want big summons" faggots had to ruin one of the best build jobs in the game.

O2 savage seems fun, I only fear that people still don't understand the tentacle spawn.
Why would you go on the internet and lie like that?

Ah, so Garuda still needs to be micromanaged, then. I'll keep her under obey. Thanks, was not aware of this!

You have never seen the big dick dpses kill all skellingtons instantly on one spot?

And it kept happening.

Tenacity is useless to everyone.

O3 should be fun.
Also I so want to see O2 with half up and half on ground mechanics. Also the tentacle markers will be gone, so better watch the wiggling.

>some weeb on Sup Forums is more of an expert on Japanese culture than SE's devs

finally.. someone who isn't an idiot actually gets it... why'd they have to ruin the most fun job in the game, smnbros..?

>Hey guys, we're changing parry into tenacity.
>It's still shit useless though, wwwww
Fucking Yoship.

You know, I was expecting more out of SAM. It feels really sluggish and boring, not to mention how completely braindead it is.

And yes, in case you're wondering I'm STILL mad about it not being a tank. Fuck you yoshi, I hope those DPS queues cost you subs for being this retarded.

STOP NODDING

>Why would you go on the internet and lie like that?
I'm stuck at work for 2 more hours and bored

this was just an excuse to post your maid tank wasn't it?

fuck off and /nod to /xivg/

What really upsets me is people are saying nu-smn is complex now. It isn't complex you retards it's just more punishing if you die. You aren't managing your attunements, you are not managing shadowflare uptime, you are managing one less dot and if you do the current accepted opener correctly you don't have to reapply your two dots manually until a minute or more after you start due to how they changed tri. They made it super fucking lazy and boring

The current SMN opener is a lot longer and more elaborate than the HW ones though. It has a little less oomph due to nerfed burst and Deathflare/Akh Morn being overused so it feels less special, but it's still pretty satisfying.

I'll stop nodding when you get rid of that faggy neck tattoo, fuckboi.

Wtf is the point of determination? Why just have some random stat seperate of attack power and magic power that barely makes any sort of difference in attacks?

This post made me cry a little.

I miss FFXI and I didn't even play it for very long.

it really doesn't there's nothing redeemign about the story in that game at all

anything remotely entertaining gets drowned out by 3 cutscenes followed by 4 psuedo-cutscenes of cringy dialogue

O2 and O3 will be a joke since this is Creator-tier difficulty, which means you'll always know when to expect a certain mechanic coming up next.

people who say new smn is complex is the exact audience they were catering to though
they WANTED it to be a class that idoits could play and have a cool dog do all the work for them
i fucking miss 3.0 smn so bad
was honestly the best class in the game
it's really sad...
i wish stormblood never came out

You have my condolences.

Nah, Tam-tara is the worst dungeon I've ever seen. Sure it doesn't take long, but 3 of the 4 bosses are literally the same, just with extra adds. Its just lazy design

>Fail to understand current SMN play
>Think the job is now less complex and that the people who claim otherwise are wrong

Your pictures speak for themselves. That supposed 4.0 SMN opener in particular is a load of bullshit and will get you shit DPS.

docs.google.com/document/d/1PpAuOcKTF0SaGq8G9CWXTWqMsIU3IJxzqXd3LQBPy1E/edit

Educate yourselves.

Okay, but its only crime is just being really boring. Dongcock Darkhold is a fucking slog.
>people who are NOT new to the duty still have no fucking idea what's going on
>even when they do, the dungeon itself is an annoying slog
>every trash pull has that one ranged enemy you have to LoS so he dies with the rest of the garbage
>those fucking nix with that faggot look on their faces that yank you around and spam AoE
>more trash pulls with endless AoE

Yep. They wanted to make sure you wanted to buy story skip potions.

>woah this job is so complex im so smart for playing in damn
Honestly take your 20 pages by a literally who padder and kys, doesn't change that it feels awful and boring to play now. Keep defending your idiot proof job though, I'm sure it'll make you feel smarter kid!

sam is an expert difficulty job and not for brainlets

I'm pretty sure SAM can hit 2700 DPS by literally slamming his head on the keyboard.

One I listed was made by Larryzaur and hai hai also has a opener similar to that. Not only this but guess what the rotation you are criticizing is similarly used in the guide you linked especially the first phase.
Current smn is a joke

Play BRD it's the closest thing to HW SMN you're going to get

I do though.
But BLM is actually fun now so I play that too.

MFW when my server is 35% rdm 35% sam 20% paladin with 10% sprinkled in rest of the classes.

This isn't even final fantasy 14 anymore. It's world of red samurai mages running around everywhere.

no you don't understand the complexities
like you use a skill, UNLESS some other skill is off cooldown, then you use that skill
wheels within wheels

>going through the MSQ in a meido outfit

>23 pages just to understand how the job works
no other job needs this what the fuck

Literally nothing wrong with that

i see the /xivg/ fags are sharing their ugly characters, is that what this thread is for?

Is wanting big summons for summoners a bad thing?