ARMS

I Am Here, Maxoooo Brassuuuu!!!!
ARMS update available. It's good desu

Other urls found in this thread:

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26377/~/how-to-update-arms
youtube.com/watch?v=M2ufqDNEf2E
youtu.be/Irw3ezqQlQw
youtube.com/watch?v=AYNT0yfkzMw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ARMS was GOTY material before the update.

I can only imagine how good it is now that it has MAX BRASS playable.

I thought it came out tomorrow

it is tomorrow dumb fuck

What country do you live in? Check the game.

how good is this? I want a switch to play games with my casual gf, but I don't want something TOO casual or I'll get bored quickly, and she's interested in splatoon but that has no splitscreen MP, so I'm thinking about getting either ARMS or mario kart deluxe

She's a girl so she'll most likely enjoy Mario Kart more. It's casual fun, ARMS is fighting is can be frustrating when on the losing side

This user has the right of it. Soften her up with kart racing first, then ease her into fisting later.

Arms is great for MP. My niece doesn't go anywhere near fighting games, or really anything approaching competitive except Splatoon. She loves arms though, and has gotten salty over it more times than she'd admit.

Between it and MK though, I'd go with MK. Who the fuck doesn't like Mario Kart?

>Snake Park has been swapped out for Sky Arena in the Ranked Match stage roster

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

FUCK THAT SHITTY SNAKE MAP

Mario Kart can be frustrating when on the winning side.

>they actually did it.
holy fuck are they serious about making the game better? cuz thats amazing. the games already better than smash.

Does anyone know if anything changes if you beat Grand Prix at level 7 with Max Brass, cause I already know that you fight Max Brass and Hedlok normally at Level 4 and lower.

>Nintendo is actually releasing decent patch notes that aren't "we made gam bettur"
They better make this a common occurrence, they did it with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe too

Yes. They also nerfed and buffed some stuff

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26377/~/how-to-update-arms

>spring man is going to look like max brass in the future

>Eventually, as max brass get's older, Springman starts winnign mroe and more titles, until they are at the same number

At this last GPrand Prix, Max brass announces his retirement, and that effective immediatly Springman will be the new Commish.

>Biff sucking Max Brass' fick nonstop through the singleplayer

Wew

I'll miss the music though

Why does everyone hate snake park? Imo, that stage is the most fun. Not a Cobra main either.

PLEASE NO STEP ON SNEK

MK is a safer bet. Arms is fun, but it doesn't have the same longevity as MK does. and i mean even in a night. you could play MK for hours, but ARMS you'll be done in a half hour.

People don't like the Snakeboards in ranked mode.

Some character get shit on with snakeboards. And it's quite a large departure from basic gameplay

dude finnicky skateboards lmao

I would disconnect or throw every snake park match I got

Honestly why not just remove the snakeboards during ranked matches?

Then add a snakeboarding minigame pro skater style

Snakeboards fuck with too many characters in too many ways. Ribbon Girl cannot multi jump, Mechanica cannot hover, Byte can't use Barq as a springboard. Meanwhile Mummy speeds considerably, Springman can dash reflect at hyper speed, Helix can move while wiggling.

Shits retarded, yo.

>Max Brass' palette swaps are bronze, silver, and gold

Very nice

But who's the real Max Brass?

Going fast, blocking with the board, and being able to double jump as anyone is fun. Why do you hate fun?

I guess those are fair points.

>someone else uses the Parasol
>they block LITERALLY hit in the game
>try it out
>never blocks anything

>they nerf based snek

>shitty snake mains get what they deserve
>their map is out of the rotation
>Max Brass is a blast to play
>a good amount of new shit and balancing in the new update
What went right?

I use parasol. Outside the heavy arms, they block everything

I play turret Helix, basically being a tall fuck who stay perfectly still until people get into range and get fucked up

It feels like Nintendo is finally learning from their mistakes.

Everything

This is Kid Cobra, he just got nerfed and his stage removed from the grown-up league.

Please subscribe to his livestream.

take a moment to appreciate this

He's not wrong!

youtube.com/watch?v=M2ufqDNEf2E

youtu.be/Irw3ezqQlQw

Was the trade worth it?

>Max brass
>Trumpets

The sound guy is having a giggle

Definitely

This game is so goddamn good. Even with aging ranked for 2 hours and going on a 20 game losing streak that made me so furious I went outside and punched the ground.
I don't get so fucking pissed for bad games. This shits the real deal

>arms

Is this game really worth $60? Is this game a neutral fest?

Nah man, its not very good.

It wasn't when it launched but it's certainly getting there with these content updates

>Is this game a neutral fest?
A what now

>mfw you totally style on fuckers in ranked with DNA man
Shit's the FUNKIEST
youtube.com/watch?v=AYNT0yfkzMw

Are there pics of Twintelle using Hedlok?
Or Mechanica?

Does the game reset to neutral like every time someone gets hit? Are the combos? I know you can corner people...

post yfw you aren't some shitter who plays a nerfed character like Kid Cobra

Depends on the element used
>Fire/Wind
You get knocked over, full damage to heavies, can get hit into again
>Stun
You get knocked back, can get hit into again
>Elec
Your arms are disabled, if you're in mid-air just get knocked back though. Grab bait if you were hit on the ground
>Freeze
Can't jump or dash, both arms still work though. Newbies think being frozen makes you grab bait
>Explosion
Secondary attack after arms are either fully extended or when they hit something (you can fuck yourself up if you're not careful
>Blind
Think the blooper from Mario Kart, really uncommon. Only one arm has this attribute

You can hit your opponent after knocking them over but it'll do less damage unless you use your special.

ARMS is very punish-heavy though, hoped that helped.

Someone please teach me how to stop getting my shit slapped

>Tfw mummy
>Tfw buffed megaton

Pretty sure they have been doing that since at least Splatoon. It's the Smash patches that were vague as fuck, and that isn't made by Nintendo themselves. Players had to try every character and find all these minor changes.

Is decreasing his jump distance all they did? That might actually be good to me, he has the fastest jump, so it could be even faster.

Those are some fine thighs.

I'll post the Notes for the lazy anons

>play a Twintelle who is flying at Kid Cobra speed

Was that lag?

And last one

ARMS really isn't casual at all. I don't see girls being into it unless they're super into the character designs.

Wait, they nerfed Kid Cobra? I heard multiple claims saying he was the worst character in the game, so what's the deal here?

>Worst character
>when mummy and mechanica exist

I dunno man, I don't have the game, I'm just going with what I heard.

This is very useful actually. So there is a decent skill gap then? I might pick it up.

How does the hedlock mode work?

How exactly do you control the fucker?

It's extremely well balanced, actually. And all the characters handle completely differently, too.

>replacing the skate park

For what purpose?

Is the gimmick too much?

Max Brass definitely isn't the all-time Spring Man replacement. Just beat level 7 Grand Prix with him, and even disregarding the roasters being harder to hit shit with, Brass' wideness and arm distance makes it harder to aim, in addition to him generally being slower than Spring.

That being said, he's very fun to play, especially if you stay charged and swole. Never used the Kablammers though. Any idea how to get good mileage out of them?

The gimmick sucks in rank.
see

>Megaton got a cool down buff

YEEEEEESSSS

What are Brass's arms and what do they do?

Game sucks dick and no one wants to play it because ranked is locked behind some shitty broken ai

>ninjaras who jump, dash, and grab at close range
I know it's the most predictable shit, but I lose to it everytime if they press hard enough

>he sucks this much

Fire Hammer similar to mechanica (but fiery)
Normal hand simmilarb to bubb/buff.
Explosive medium hands

I'm still waiting to find a Switch to get this game, great to see balance changes in the first update, really good sign

Nade and Roaster explode on impact. They don't have a guidance system, but they seem to curve really well; maybe it's just me but they curve better than other boxing gloves. He gets a Hammer with fire on it.

>user can't beat level 4
>Decides to shit post instead of practicing

Roasters are the toasters but with black flames, and pretty damn powerful. They trade in accuracy in exchange for power though, so you really need to know how to aim when using roasters. I think my charged hits were doing 120-140 damage?

Nades are basic gloves that when charged will explode on impact. Kablammers are the same, but hammers.

Nade:
Explosive fist that doesnt track the enemy

Roaster:
Toaster but doesnt track the enemy

Kablammer:
Explosive whammer that doesn't track the enemy.

Honestly i've had much more fun playing with his arms, allowing me to actually aim my arms without help is a godsend

They're pretty much high risk high reward arms.

So the 3 new hands can be unlocked by everyone now right?

yeah

>practicing in a game with 0 training mode and can't explain what every character and arms does
You're the reason why this game is dead you know that?

God damn, Max Brass has such a great throw.

>bounce the enemy off his chest and uppercut them for 170 damage

>0 training mode

>vs
>single player
>training

>no actual frame data
>no way to check what is safe and what isn't
>no way to check what each characters special ability than some vague slide
Man you retards are worse than the smash faggots who think their shitty game is a fighting game

Thanks anons! I didn't realize normal arms had tracking besides the seekies and homies.
I love the boxing glove themed arms, they're much better to control than the really curvy arms. Do the curving ones work as I suspect, where the only control you have is upon launch, and you can't control them mid flight?

You're either retarded or haven't played the game.

>Moving the goal posts
You complained about no training mode and thats what I answered.

is it me or do max brass' not-toasters fly out faster than regular toasters?

not him but do you know what a training mode is? it isn't some stupid (do x , y amount of times)
for a game thats supposed to be a fighting game, it does a garbage job at being one and is the reason why it's dying, doesn't help that retards like you exist to further drive this good game to obscurity

>Timer still at 99 encouraging time outs

wow, that niggah seems pretty mad. I woner what happened