Halo (Fuck Bungie)

>Destiny is shit
>Destiny 2 will be shit
>people still want Bungie to make Halo games again even though they are proven hacks
>people still complain about 343 making Halo games even though they are improving (even though Halo 5 had many faults it was still a massive step up from Halo 4)
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tnFnrZZtYbA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Halo 4 was shit, Halo 5 was shit. I do not want Bungie to make more Halo
>Halo 5 is a step up from a horrible piece of shit
Great. Still shit.

I
am ordering you

Halo 5 is the worst halo to date

>Destiny was shit
>Destiny 2 was shit
Still better than Halo 4 and 5, you fucking shill.
>they're getting better
lmao

I just want Halo to die. The series doesn't deserved to get dragged down like this

Hi 343
Shouldn't you be shilling this shit on the ign forums?

Most people here want Halo to go to someone who isn't bungie or 343, that can actually do justice to the franchise.

Or just have it die peacefully without becoming a joke. The memories of the good old days will be enough.

A halo 3 remaster sold for non AAA price on PC and PlayStation would be acceptable as well, but that's dreaming at this point

Halo 5 is good besides MP and Req system. Could have been much better but for both pro players and social dudebro gamers it is a solid game.

Would be cool if bungie joined 343I but the old bungie is clearly dead..
What we need is

>Halo 3/2A/Wars art style
>different engine more like h2a
>have a good launch without postponing things like infection
>100% chief game or 50% chief and 50% arbiter
>more 343I big team battle maps
>drop warzone
>drop req
>4k/1080p 60 fps
>let blur do cutscenes and fuck off with the bad fightscenes
>change a few things from the current halo 5 spartan abilities
>remove zoom on all weapons like plasma pistol and assault rifle
>keep SMARTSCOPE animations for certain weapons but also keep the OG zoom for weapons like the sniper rifle, old battle rifle, halo 1 Magnum
>playable elites and spartan II's

I just made the perfect halo 6 game. Make it happen 343I

all of those things are shit

bungie is a shell of what it once was. majority of the staff there probably had little to no input in halo.

343i's major problem is a lack of committed direction. As much as people don't like 4 had they continued it's path i think that version of a potential halo 5 would have been better than halo 5 reboot 2. Other than shit design for the forerunner i'd say the biggest complaint was that didact fight is just a qte and that's how they end 5 too.

4 had a decent story when you take out most of the forerunner stuff and the best part of halo 5's story was the hunt the truth marketing stuff. connecting these two together the focus on chief should have been more personal. the original trilogy focused only on his mission and this trilogy should've focused on the man himself. continuing where 5 left off 343 sets themselves up for failure knowing that cortana is bad and all.

Fuck all of that shit, If they try to make another Halo, they will flop just like nuDoom.

Why is she wearing armor? Is she a blue human being?

>play Halo 4
>love Chief/Cortana dynamic
>shit villain and overall story but the levels were occasionally fun to play
>Cortana dies feel sad
>don't worry she'll def be back in 5
>greeted with nuCortana
she looks like shit now and knowing the cliffhanger leaves little room for them to fuck off the ending anywhere else but the games means this will continue and further ruin Halo 6, and even if halfway through she somehow turns good again we're back to square one with 2 games that have amounted to nothing and a third bad one that'll need to be ignored.

>DOOM 2016 flopped
You can't be this delusional

Bungie still has style

It's mostly that people yearn for old Bungie to be back, not that they consider them good now.

I think halo 6 will be quite successful if Microsoft plays it right. Hope it won't get released for Xbox one though

>t. Xbox one owner

>love Chief/Cortana dynamic
>she looks like shit now
>now
Cortana was always shit with 4 being her worst

NuDoom wasn't even that bad (though not worth AAA pricing). Halo 4 and 5 can't say the same

i liked her in 4. i know it's different than 1-3 but i think it fit the style that 343 went with for halo. it's not bungie but it's not bad. she was definitely better in 4 than 5.

>Halo 4
>best graphics for last gen
>Halo 5
>looks worse than halo 2 anniversary and feels like upgraded halo 4 graphics

This is it. This is the last Halo game. 343 Industries are gonna have to suck it in and eat some tough love, because if Halo 6 flops, Microsoft will retire the IP and will liquidate the Xbox brand into the PC market.

>Halo 5 is good besides MP
Which is the one thing most people play Halo games for.

Is Halo 5 cortana being ugly a meme or something? She looks way better then she did in CE, 2 or 3, she had a serious man jaw there

5 has some of the best MP in the series and the best forge by a huge margin, and as a lorefag, The books are the best they've ever been, with like 9 different books in the past 2-3 years alone,almost all of which being around fall of reach quality or better

343 just needs to learn to make the single player good now.

She looked like a bimbo in 4. Completely goes aginst her personality, which they also butchered in 4's story.

He has it backwards, Halo 5's MP and forge are great, but the campaign is phoned in.

2 Cortana was the best, but I agree the jaw was too strong in 3. However 5 Cortana is sort of gross, she's just a blue chick now and not a personified line of code.

You have bad taste, you like COD don't you.

All the games you posted where shit, Master Chiefs story should have ended once he went to sleep in the cryotube. The series never deserved the fate it's in now.

Fuck you 343i I just wanted ODST 2.

You shut the fuck up about DOOM 2016 bitch

2's cortana is still way too polygonal and inhuman in prortions due to technical limitations, all the faces in 2 were wonky. And she doesn't look that great in H2A.

Slap Halo 5's cortana's head onto Halo 2/3's cortana's body and it'd be perfect

>B-but Halo 5 has great multiplayer
This meme is why Halo 6 will flop. Halo 5's Arena mode is flawed. Omitting these flaws won't help. For instance, do you think Spartan Abilities should be tied to the player at all times, or do you think they should be pickups on the map? Does tying mechanics to the player sound like something Halo would do?

Man she looks flat out awful in H2A, like the one thing that fucked up. Why they made her look like an actual realistic person when no one else looked like that is beyond me, makes her seem so fucking weird.

>wanting odst 2 when that story already had a good ending just like cheif's

you are just as much of a faggot as he is, also because you ignore the fact that 5's MP and forge are fantastic and thr books are in a good place now.

A sort of game in line with ODST, but not an actual sequel would be cool, like a game following a Sangheili spec ops squad or something like that, but an actual ODST 2 is just as uneeded as Halo 4 was

bootyblasted at 11:32 PM... Go to bed, timmy.

>5 has some of the best MP in the series
Micro-transactions
Sprinting
Those stupid fucking spartan powers
ADS
Those stupid fucking armor designs
Less armor slots than in reach
Removed invasion, & added war zones
Promethean shit

Halo 3 has the best MP

>30fps
>barebones features and content
>DLC and microtransaction fest

The only thing they had going for them was the art design and music. But they fired the music guy. Destiny is fucked up and so is modern bungie

^^^ this guy is right my bad

It was supposed to be SP

>30fps
BUNGiE, until Destiny 2 PC, has NEVER EVER made a game above 30fps.

>even though they are improving
Notice how when Bungie improved Halo, it went from good to amazing, but when 343 tried to it went from shit to slightly less shit?
Halo is never going to be good again.

She replaced pic related, and that is a crime I cannot forgive.

Halo 4 Cortana looks best IMO, Halo 3 best game however.

>literally no arguments besides being buttblasted

4 removed Invasion dummy

I question this myself, the signs were showing in ODST and Reach.

No shit it's flawed, every game, including past Halo games were.

> For instance, do you think Spartan Abilities should be tied to the player at all times, or do you think they should be pickups on the map? Does tying mechanics to the player sound like something Halo would do?

I think for what they are having them be innate movement functions, just like jumping, works fine. I don't think making them be pickups would be a good idea both because most of them are pretty foundational to how movement works in 5, and I actually like how that feels.

Also, because having them be pickups would be retarded from a game balance perspective. You'd have to design the maps in such a way that you still factor thrusting or sprinting or whatever in, but only some of the players can use them. But the players who will get to them first are the players who have already picked one up.

It'd be the exact same problem Halo 2 SMG starts had with the team that pickups up the BR's first just absolutely locking the entire map down with the other team having no hope of having a comeack even if the team with the BR's fucks up and makes mistakes or the other team has more skill in terms of aiming, teamwork, and tactical thinking: Whichever team gort the sprint or thrust powerup first would just lock the entire map down and get all the power weapons and the other team wouldn't be able to keep up

The reason why this isn't an issue with, say, Halo 3's equipment is that those were one time use things.

> Does tying mechanics to the player sound like something Halo would do?
I'd argue the core of Halo is that it's an arena shooter. Halo 5 still has even starts with weapons and powerups on map, and you could argue that the spartan abilities in 5 actually bring it closer to those arena shooter roots by allowing for more advanced movement tech then previously present in the series

Halo 4 cortana is good for fapbait but as a design for her as a character, it's shit.

see
>She looked like a bimbo in 4. Completely goes aginst her personality, which they also butchered in 4's story.

>Still better than Halo 4 and 5, you fucking shill.
No it's not

Except those are arguments, you ass-hurt 343idiot

5 didn't add it back, & they added fucking war-zones.

>Bimbo
user, you use that word but I don't think you know what it means.

Yes, and this is bad and not defensible in any way

60fps is the standard for shooters. Here is a list of 60fps shooters

Call of duty. halo. Battlefield. Titanfall. Overwatch. Rainbow 6. DOOM.

>Goes against her personality
how

I think he think it means "attractive"

I never remember anyone asking for it back. I agree it was fun and I'd like it back too but don't pretend like it was a big thing, 343 was not obligated in the slightest to bring it back

I'll give you that

No, I would argue people should just give the fuck up on both companies. Just give up on Halo. It's never gonna be good again because both companies are shit now.

yeah, I don't know about that

The thing is, nobody else can, and 343 is the best that we got for now over the rest of the garbage that is this industry.

Why do Halo fans not like Destiny? Never played Halo, always been a Sonyngger, but I put almost 1.2K hours on Desyiny on PS4.

>ODST 2
Fuck and Bungie for making that game.

*you

Cortana is primarily a smartass. She's manipulative, cocky, and sarcastic. Her look in 4 makes her look super homely and overly sexy, and her personality in 4 is also reduced to a damsel in distress who cries and has temper tantrums.

A ton of people loved invasion, dude.

That being said, Warzone assault is basically invansion anyways

I liked it had full trials gear on my Titan

>because most of them are pretty foundational to how movement works in 5, and I actually like how that feels.
>how movement works in 5, and I actually like how that feels.
>I actually like how that feels.
You're not a lot of people, especially a lost clan of 7 million people who played Halo 3 and are waiting to relive greatness.
>You'd have to design the maps in such a way that you still factor-
No you don't. It's your map. Making abilities a pickup means that I don't have to design maps around sprint, like how I do now. This means freedom. It also means that sprint will have to directly compete with no-sprint on a map-to-map basis, and we will see where the crowds flock. I'm not saying that the way I described it would be implementable, but something to that effect would still mean freedom.
>Halo 2 SMGs
That reminds me, Halo 3 has already solved the issue of dual wielding. It's impractical, but it didn't break the game like Halo 2. Halo 6 should have BR starts.
>halo is an arena shooter
Sort of but not quite. If you wanted to make Halo an arena shooter, take the AR combos from Halo: CE, the shotgun from Halo: CE, and the BR combos from H2 and officially implement them into the game, and then you would have a relatively slow, but twitchy arena shooter with utility weapons and great controller support.

343 is shit, fuck off. Halo is not the series it once was and it never will be again

>Her look in 4 is overly sexy
How? it's just a more HD version of the others.
>Her personality in 4 is also reduced to a damsel in distress who cries and has temper tantrums
t. Anita. She's going insane, there's a perfectly valid reason for her having "temper tantrums" and considering she's potentially going to lose John forever, I can say crying is a valid response to that.

>Proven hacks
More like everyone with talent is gone

It's sad that the talent left after Halo 3.

If I were Jason Jones, man...

The game industry as a whole went to shit after Halo 3

Because it's a continuation of the bullshit Bungie started with ODST and Reach. It basically played like your generic modern shooter and looked like it too. The same shit they were going for with ODST and Reach because they no longer wanted to make Halo games during that time.

Damn, you're right

Halo lore is science-fiction heroin, and it tied in the multiplayer. The unique armor design was better than destiny. Destiny is grinding with alright gun mechanics but it feels hollow and disjointed, lacking the memorable singular vision of Halo.

Oh shit doom guy 2016 has a face

I'll admit Halo 5's forge is pretty decent and the MP is a improvement above 4's but saying 5's MP is great is a large misjudgement. They're trying to change the MP way to much to appeal to Esports and REQ packs were a mistake

If Halo 6 adds in normal ways to acquire armor like Halo 3 or even Reach's system, drop the zoom function, chill out with the thrust and bring back the distinction between ranked playlists and social like 3.

Also fuck you both I just wanna play as an ODST again.

>Why do Halo fans not like Destiny?
As someone who has played every BUNGiE game from Pathways into Darkness to Halo: Reach, I can tell you that BungieVision is not BUNGiE. Look at all of the key staff that make up BUNGiE. These are the people missing from BUNGiE:
>Alex Seropian, CEO of BUNGiE until 2001 and did sound design for all of their games until Martin O'Donnel.
>Greg Kirkpatrick, one of the best videogame storytellers to have lived. In his infinite wisdom, he shoved a book into a Macintosh Quadra so everyone could read about rampant AIs that destroyed planets on Traxus IV.
>Doug Zartman, funny guy that did nothing, but was part of the charm and humour that was BUNGiE.
>Martin O'Donnel, the greatest musician that is still alive, knew a thing or two about storytelling
>Joseph Staten, again a great storyteller who was responsible for the amazing set-pieces we got in Halo 1-3.
>Some of the people left after Halo 3, some went off to other developers, some went to 343 and became total snakes.
>But since the very beginning, Jason Jones was there.
And he still is, and you just take one look at the guy and see that he is trapped on the inside.

I used to love Bungie back in the day before Destiny was ever announced and was just in the teases of teases stage. I don't think anyone wants them to make more Halo games as much as they just want the series to stop.

I loved Bungie back in the days of Halo 1-3 but starting with ODST I knew they were going downhill, Reach confirmed that. I thought 343's Halo 4 campaign was decent but I absolutely hated the everything else, Halo 5 I hated the single player, but I liked the multiplayer and Forge. I hope since Brian the hack Reed got fired after his shit writing in Halo 5, the single player can improve for Halo 6, they already have my interest with all future games focusing solely on the Master Chief, along with bringing back split screen and lan, but I hope they truly understood Halo 5's criticisms.

As far as I'm concerned, Reach was the last Halo game ever made. Last one to have a good campaign; MP had its faults, but I liked it.

There's still Halo Wars, but that's different.

This franchise has been worthless ever since Halo 3. I feel sorry for the stupid fucks who actually bought an Xbone to play this garbage.

>Reach was the last Halo game ever made. Last one to have a good campaign
Kill yourself

>This franchise has been worthless ever since Halo 3
Oh shit, is this the Halo 2 fag again?

Halo 5 is fine for customs.
Halo 6 will be great. It's going to be more like 2/3

Halo 3 was basically the same thing as Halo 2 but worse. It's time for you to move on.

Halo 2 campaign was rushed crap, and Halo 3 was rushed, whine and bitch about how Halo 2's campaign was inferior to Halo 1 and 3's somewhere else.

You first, friend. I'm sorry you're too autistic to have fun with a good video game and only know how to sperg on a Tibetan watercolor site over other people's enjoyment.

Sir this is a Korean knitting site, not a water color site

I'm not a fan of the arbiter levels.

Hopefully, If 343 pulls it off I can forgive their sins.

>current year
>still caring about halo

>Reach
>a good video game
Reachfags, no it was a piece of shit, Bungie stop making good Halo games and good games in general after Halo 3. All the talent left.

What YTP is this from?

Me either

Please let Halo 6's campaign be fun.

>not liking ODST
Get the fuck out already.

I agree that Bungie is dead and could never make a good Halo again. But 343 fucked the franchise the moment they released a mainline game without splitscreen.

Best Destiny theme coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=tnFnrZZtYbA

ODST sucked just as much as Reach you new kids need to fuck off.

>But 343 fucked the franchise the moment they released a mainline game without splitscreen
Good thing they're bringing it back with Halo 6 and it will stay in Halo going forward.

Just so you guys know, the Halo General is constantly hosting Halo Nights in MCC and Halo 5. Lots of fun custom games.
They are also doing a greatest halo map ever tournament as well. I wpuld say check it out. We recently had a huge tournament game night and will be playing Reach this Friday.