Subnautica thread

these threads are always fun. sp00ky greentext stories, post your bases, or just bitch about the sjw devs.
annoying making a base looks aesthetically pleasing on the outside without the inside layout being jacked as shit. pretty happy with what i've got now though, even though it looks like a mess of tubes on the outside.

add more content

also is power consumption fucked for anyone else? have two nuke reactors, a bio reactor, and a massive array of solar panels in a shallow biome. It caps out at 10,000 but sits between 1,000 and 0 depending on time of day. Too much shit or is it broken?

I think this is the closest to Pressure we're ever going to get.

no more ugly fucking crabs and squids plz. i just want to swim with cute fish. i can't go near the aurora or sub 300m without turning volume off and taking my friendo with me

I hadn't played since around Christmas time for one reason or another. Loaded up my old save, got in my cyclops, and it exploded and killed me within two minutes. I think two sand sharks just fucked it right up. I alt f4'd and haven't played since.

Did somebody say cute fish?

My first encounter with a Warper in my latest game
>Swimming around the Grand Reef, looking for stuff
>Suddenly this fucker poofs right in front of me
>Not knowing what else to do, I quickdraw my scanner and zap the fucker
>He just sits there and stares at me before warping away
It was really fucking creepy

>sjw devs
?

Is there a way to remove Reapers and other hostile monsters from the game?

No

>A game about a corporate utopia with replicating technology specifically designed to deny employees conventional firearms to dissuade open revolt

Wow it's like you haven't read or listened to a single fucking log.

>tfw no weather systems yet

If you're in experimental then yeah shit's fucked, Can't even have a water filtration unit active with a thermal plant 2 bioreactors and 3 solar panels and the scanner room sucks down crazy energy while charging the camera drones

No. If you don't want to deal with predators, just open up the console and type in "invisible". That will make all hostile creatures ignore you. Your subs/prawn are still fair game, though.

Exo with either crashfish fed propulsion cannon or the grappling hook+mining combo. It'll take forever but you can do it.

Yeah they made the Cyclops shit, there's literally no reason to use it anymore.

Now all that's left to do is finding enough quartz to build this thing.

Did they add Cyclops docking yet

Nope.

would I be able to play this on a c2d @ 3.8ghz with a gtx470? As long as games have smaller textures and don't do that texture downsampling thing I'm usually ok.

They haven't optimized it yet, there's only a couple patches left. Might as well just wait until it's out to see.

what engine is it on?

Unity

my sub got ganked the other day and it just insta-blew. i swear these things used to get breaches and fill up which made shit real tense. wtf.

Ditch subs and get in the fucking robot.

I just found the blueprints in the aurora. where do I build it?

Why is Subnautica being shilled so much lately?

Same place you built your subs

Probably because more people bought it during the sale and the game is getting very close to release.

I'm trying to wait for the optimization pass, damnit. Stop tempting me.

>new game after every update

>Cyclops Docking
>"Whenyouputitthatwayicanseewhereyou'recomingfrom.jpg"

>Still no map
>Still no 3rd person vehicle camera

I've played a lot of the game but stopped months ago.

Now I wait for the completed version to arrive and I''ll try to rent a VR headset to play it.

Same thing every summer, people buy it on sale and want to talk about it because its fucking good.

Obviously not since this thread almost died until you bumped it just now OP.

It's the middle of the fucking night. They've been reaching bump limit consistently. Stop with the shilling boogieman.

You misunderstand. I've seen these threads hit bump limit at around this time too. In order to get these threads to hit bump limit, you need to make a post about guns.

Then, triggered redditors will cry about Sup Forums which bumps your thread and keeps it at page 1 which means more people will discover it and want to discuss the game assuming they have the slightest amount of willpower and can ignore shitposts.

That's a lot to expect out of Sup Forums I know, but some people are able. Anyway next time you'll know what to do

How do you unlock it?

It's not in the game yet.

He won't attack you unless you're highly infected with the carar disease

>samefag
>samefag
>FUCKING SAMEFAG PLS GO

>tfw im actually thinking about buying a vive/rift just to play subnautica and live inside my bases and vehicles

I want to play it again but I really want it to be finished before I do.

Who are you quoting?

>reapers in VR

Why are they so stupid?

>Build part of base
>need one more glass to finish observatory
>"Yeah no problem, gonna swim around for some quartz"
>swim into some desert zone, suddenly notice some yellow weed floating right infront of me
>"Hmm, weird, I didn't drop anything from inventory he-"
>suddenly huge part of sunken ship loads up around me, I am in some room, which is locked with a door which needs a laser cutter, happily I had it
>start to cut door open, oxygen at 13
>I cut door open, swim out of the room and end up in some twisted corridor with no exit
>pass out, the nearest save is before I returned to capsule from long trip and built part of my base
Amazing game, 10/10. Fuck y'all and your early access games.

Are you the same fag that was trying to start shit at the end of the last thread?

No? It's how I always get these threads to bump limit though.

It's a young Reefback.
So probably hormones fucking their shit up

I thought i read about knives no longer having durability but they keep disappearing randomly.

the stalkers can steal them off you i think

>Weather system
>Underwater game

The effects would be visible to starting players in the safe shallows and plateaus as well as a little later in visiting the two islands. It's still probably more effort to implement than its worth, though.

Big ass waves would be cool.

It does seem anomalous that a planet covered by water doesn't have freakish weather.
I remember seeing the planet gif for Hydross in Total Annihilation covered in hurricanes.

All I want is for the chases and hostile fauna encounters to work better. actually having the ability to hide from the larger ones in rock formations. even though reaper leviathans look ridiculous they scare the shit out of me because those fuckers can no-clip you and nowhere is safe unless you leg it or stand and fight.

>two reaper leviathans on my ass near the crash site
>shallows aren't far, theres a nice rocky outcropping they couldn't possibly fit into right there
>squeeze in, get nice and deep, extract some rocks thinking im safe
>reaper sticks his head out of the cave wall and grabs my sub
>"HEEEEEERE'S JOHNNY!

Its actually surprisingly tanky, I think cyclopses from old safes dont have the shield and because of that take way more damage

WHY IS IT SO CUTE, should I just take it with me everyday?

The Degasi Logs talk about a massive storm slamming down constantly. Weird not to see any rainfall on a planet with so much water.

Will they ever fix reapers just going through everything? They would be way more manageable if they dont come out of the fucking sand

Maybe they will add it later, though I doubt they will

duh. i suffer bad anxiety which would normally prevent me from playing this game, but theres just something about these guys that makes it all go away.
>that kawaii nervous smile they give you every few mintues before turning back and the abyss ahead

Sjw devs?
Fill me in.

Come on the game isnt that scary besides when reapers dont load so they spawn right in your face, o and the stupid crabsquids suck they are allways scary

A stupid reason to not add guns in a game that would be made worse with guns anyways, adding guns would be like adding a jump button in Doom, it will completely ruin it without the devs having to rebalance everything.

Big waves would be buggy as shit, and would probably be more trouble to implement than it's worth.

Tbh someone sould just make a spiritual successor to Subnautica already.
Keep the alien planet theme (maybe not the crash land aspect) but make it less cartoony.

I also feel like the story really hinders the game's potential.
It's just kind of jarring how it constantly switches from being the driver to being the passenger.
It also wouldn't hurt to include some environmental storytelling, as opposed to "lost" PDA data (which are fairly boring to reread).
But props to them for sticking to it.

>with the new textures

>subnautica threads are the closest thing left to deepwater threads

To bad the game isnt really deep, I would so buy an abyss DLC

don't give them ideas. they should fix the abyss and include it for free.

*void
fuck.

Remake of pic related when? It was so cool to go to the Titanic wreck

is it confirmed saves from the latest build won't need resetting for future updates? just wrapped up like three sleepless nights on building, not about to lose this shit. already backed up my save because they've corrupted on me once already.

thats a post 1.0 feature on the trello

the game is terrible in vr so far. its made for use with gamepads, no motion controls, walking on land is nauseating, the interface is still not fixed for vr, its literally inside your eyeballs.

New player. Just got the Seamoth and watched the Sunbeam get blown up rip.

Where do I find diamonds at? I haven't found any yet and need one for the laser cutter.

Also I built my first habitation tool before I got off. I was thinking about putting a very small habitat next to the escape pod so I can have some extra storage space etc. I noticed the "all purpose room" needs to be researched, where would I find parts for that?

Anyways things are going well. I'm looking forward to building a big base somewhere cool, but I've barely seen the various biomes.

They'll be converting the map geometry from voxels to a mesh. Presumably it'll all be the same, and it isnt possible for the terrain to have been deformed by the player. I'm not sure if the terrain is still part of the save data, though. At worst, they should be able to convert saves automatically.

Smash basalt
You'll likely end up with a crapton of gold

You can just build a corridor and fill it with lockers. No need for the room yet, unless you want to rush an aquarium as a food/water source.

Search north east of the island underwater
Beware there is a Reaper Leviathan roaming nearby

AMD fix when?

Is this game similar to Rust?

I had to stop playing Rust because it was making me angry and I have a policy that if a game actually makes me MAD then I'm clearly not enjoying it.

>Shoot a guy PBR with a rifle.
>Because of Garry's autistic obsession with muh physics it misses for a multitude of retarded reasons.
>Have no problem hitting someone with a bow from 3000 miles away though and arrows penetrate the strongest armour doing 50 damage + bleed until they die.
I'm still mad, but building large structures out at sea and upsetting everyone was fun in Rust.

>AMD

there is no one to upset, its single player

Oh, I'll just build a corridor then. I thought the room would be needed.

What are the coolest places to build a base- once I reach them?

Underwater Islands
Lost River
Blood Kelp Zone

just be a faggot and use console commands to unlock the cool base parts. nocost and you can build multiple sprawling underwater metropolises (which is good fucking fun in this game holy shet) drag the game out for too long and your game will be a slideshow after 30 hours if your rig isn't A+. My base in the OP goes on for a while and through a really cool looking rock formation. pic is just my living quarters/storage room and seamoth bay.
science lab/grow room in the background. shit woulda took all year to find the resources legit and fuck having your ONE SAVE in this game corrupt on you after that.

that's adorable. i need to start carrying one of those guys around with me

But how is this SJW? Not every plotdevice tries to convey a political message you know.

you already know why. you are just baiting and hope someone posting flayras forum post for the 100th time in a subnautica thread. if not samefaging it in the first place to provoke controversy . stop your obvious baiting

i wanted to see this thread burn, we cant have nice things.

Subnautica general when?

No I don't. God dude you're paranoid.

either way. just dont.
its a non issue, and people got assblasted about it for no reason at all. they just want to go "muh guns, muh freedums, muh constitutional rights, stupid sjw devs" over a gameplay mechanic.

Isn't sjw more about shaming people? How is sjw connected to anti guns? I don't get it, please explain this.

the reason for not having guns was connected to the sandy hook shooting. and people said the devs are just social justice warriors, because they went "no guns" in the game, because of SH

So it's been a "people are stupid" episode. Great.