How the fuck did this shit work?

How the fuck did this shit work?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pin_tumbler_lock
youtube.com/watch?v=u88Zw1BVVXM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fantastically, the best that lock picking has ever been done

It unlocked doors by using the picks. Super simple stuff to understand op.

Knock the thing up and click hoping that it works

Why was auto attempt so fucking useless

pretty much exactly like it does in real life
>you share a board with people actually auto'd these

It really wasn't bad. Just wait for a change in speed.

I could do this when i a preteen what the fuck is wrong with you faggots

>knock pin up
>if you hear a little high pitched clink right after the regular click, lock it in place
>also iirc each pin had a loop that it'd go through so you could just tap it a few times to figure out the pattern if you were really shit
I prefer it over the new shit but honestly both are pretty simplistic. It is annoying how Skyrim lockpicking somehow became the norm for every game with lockpicking.

If you mean how that mechanic in particular applies to real life, it's simple: It doesn't. That example's not how locks work.

For that game it's fine, there's few ways it could've been better done.

This.

It was slow at times, but fuck if it wasn't the best lock picking. Even if you had no character skill in lock picking, you could still do the Very Hard locks if you knew what you were doing.

Way better than the "pick a spot and pray" lock picking shit that was in Fallout 3 and onward.

you get the skeleton key at level 10 and mash x

Autoing is the fastest way to do it with the skeleton key.

i mashed auto because lockpicking minigames are cancer

Somewhat close to real life - attempting to set the pins in the correct position so you can turn the knob.

Only problem I see is a lack of a tension wrench to keep the pins in place.

>It is annoying how Skyrim lockpicking
It's the same as Fallout 3/New Vegas lockpicking but not as smooth

>pretty much exactly like it does in real life
Maybe in ameritards, in Europe disc tumbler locks are used

Why did you put eyeliner on your doggo? it looks like quiet

It just did.

You grind alteration.

Not everyone has a gf, dude

So that's why it looks at you longingly, yet seems to be ready to kill itself

you could still pick high level locks with low level characters if you knew what you were doing in skyrim. I guess you just didn't know what you were doing.

dumb redditor

It's not hard or challenging at all though. Lockpicking in skyrim is absolute garbage, at least they restricted shit you didn't have the skill to lockpick in fallout 3 and new vegas so you had some sort of initiative to level it up, instead of just letting you lockpick with absolute 0

It's just her watery eyes, we sometimes give her drops.

pls no bully

Easiest shit in the world. When the pin falls really fast, the next one will stick

She's kawaii, pat her head 4 me bro

Real lockpicking is weirdly fun. Did it the first time in a infosec class. Its a pretty brainless endeavour, all about how the pins feel and trying to visualize whats going on inside the lock.

Forget that, how the FUCK did this shit work?

Dumb nigger

I thought it was fun

She's a cute pupper, rub her belly

cut her nails

>trying to persuade someone to like you
>alternate between jokes, boasting, admiration and coercion in less than a minute

Schizophrenics are pretty popular people in Cyrodiil I guess.

This was an intresting feathure though.

Totally forgot that was a thing.

FACT: minigames that are mandatory or tied to a game mechanic are all shit

prove me wrong

todd posting isn't funny. it was never funny. return to reddit, posthaste

I liked it. Oh god am I starting to like Oblivion?

I loved this minigame. I'm still mad Skyrim didn't have it. I think it's neat that you acually have to banter with npc to get them like you.
Or you could just bribe or charm.

It's like spamming the Sims dialogue tree to get people to like you, I thought it was pretty good

>hundreds and hundreds of hours
>still have no idea how this worked
.have no idea what gp is

use the small one to gauge their reactions then when you find the one they react most positive to you use the big one

>In Europe disc tumbler locks are used
Since dawn of times, I guess?

Fucking. Retards.

You don't need to "gauge" their reactions, you can just hover on the different sections and look at their faces IIRC.

Hover over each one and watch their facial expressions to see how they react, use the small ones on negative reactions and the big ones on positive ones

I guess I can see why this would be difficult to figure out if you're autistic

like it even mattered since you still had to use the small one to rotate

It started with fallout 3

God that was so shit. Though honestly at the same time I'm a little sad that they completely abandoned the concept of NPC dispositions and bartering after Oblivion.

Really all it needed was to be made more organic and less an artificial minigame.
For example, instead of Pie minigames they could have made it so that merchant dispositions would improve if you did little fetch quests for them or gave them really good deals on purpose when selling to or buying from them.

The minigame was dumb and tedious but the concept of bartering and getting better deals by getting to know the merchants in a medieval setting was really cool and fitting. It's unfortunate that they "streamlined" that aspect out in Skyrim and prices were adjusted automatically based on just your character's skill level.

Can you imagine an Elder Scrolls game where you could walk up to any given NPC in the game and do favours for them, give them gifts and just generally treat them nice to improve their disposition, allowing you to become closer with that character and potentially get some kind of bonus out of it. The merchants are obvious but a system like this could be extended to other NPC types as well and it sure as hell would have been a better use of the radiant quest system (radiant quests being these favours you do for NPCs to boost their disposition towards you) than making it just "talk to an innkeeper and they'll blurt out a random dungeon location filled with Draugr for you to loot" situation.

Each NPC likes one, loves one, dislikes one and hates one of the options. You can tell by mousing over the circle quarter and looking at their face, they smile for ones they like and frown for ones they don't. When you click a quarter, their disposition goes up for options they like, and down for options they don't. The size of the disposition gain/loss depends on how full that quarter is. Since the thing rotates every time you select an option, the goal is to select the "liked" options when they are full and the disliked options when they are empty.

It's simple as fuck, although it doesn't really make much sense in terms of actually talking to someone.
>Dude comes up to me
>Admire: "Hey man, I like your shirt!"
>Oh thanks, I got it on sale.
>Coerce: "You think you're tough, huh? I'll fuck you up, asshole."
>H-huh? What are you talking about?
>Joke: "Hey, did you hear the one about the skeleton and the party?"
>W-what? Please, leave me alone.
>Boast: "You know, I've got a shirt that's way better than yours."
>What the fuck is wrong with you?
>"Alright, seeya!"

Trim those nails you nigger

>it doesn't really make much sense in terms of actually talking to someone.
in the world of oblivion it makes sense

cut her nails my dude

What's wrong with that user? Oblivion tried much more than Skyrim. Had much better quests too.

:) :) :) oblivld : F_

Look at that bitch, those two Anons were right. I'm arresting you for putting yourself as a lock picking thief and a zoophiliac, you're coming with me.

Or just watch their facial expression when you hover over them and use the biggest one where they grin like a retard

To elaborate, a gif and link.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pin_tumbler_lock

How? Do I use a pair of scissors or just kind of smash them with a hammer until are smaller?

Fucking cat hit my keyboard. Ignore that second line.

You dudes don't use these?

>the best lockpicking in vidya is from some shitty movie tie-in vidya

Sure-sure, but you have to buy my game first, user.

In Europe we use our own teeth to trim our nails. Usually mum gingerly sucks on our toes to soften up the nails then proceeds to bite off the toe nails. It's kind of fun, actually. Should I do the same to my dog?

shit forgot link

Alright I did it before heading to work instead of afterwards, just so you boys can know you made a (slight) difference today.

MOMMY
MILK
MILKIES
PUPPY WANT MILKIES MOMMY

go to a vet, if you do it yourself you'll probably hurt doggo

You had to listen for a really fast double click sound.

I do not understand how people use it, it is so uncomfortable to use.
Better use picrelated.

You either wait for the appropriate sound, or watch closely for it to go up slowly.

I used auto by late game when I was swimming in lockpicks and could open most common locks with magic anyways

I hope you're baiting because dogs have blood vessels in their nails and if you cut them improperly they'll start bleeding.

That wouldn't be great for dog claws. Use pic related.
Not with common sense and proper tool.

Worth getting one for your own toenails if you get ingrowns or anything.

Yeah, if you cut them improperly, meaning all the way down to the quick.

It's not exactly brain surgery to do it right.

It's not exactly the same as in real life...

You need a tension wrench to apply pressure, and hold the pins up at the same time. What's tricky is to find the good order--and height--of each pin.

And you need to apply the good amount of pressure to hold your current pins, and to still be able to play with the remaining ones.

I've mean some lock picks in high school with a pen (Pilot had a perfect tensio wrench on the cap) and a metal clip. I used a key lock to practice during my free time. It was hard, but... I actually managed to open the lock twice! I felt so happy.

You should try it, it's really fun.

I have this

this one is even worse, i just use special nail scissors

Just buy 600 lockpicks and spam auto attempt. Skill goes up and uses less picks as you go

BILEVER TOOL THREAD

Like this and a pelvis thrust.

like this?

>using anything but the Cuticle Annihilator 5000

that's a butterfly knife

Not now.
Not later.
Not ever.

>rush university
>spellcraft unlock very hard on touch, invisibility 30 seconds, charm 90pts on touch for 2 seconds, paralyze on touch 1 second, life detect 9999meters 9999seconds
>mfw

>his nails aren't even a meter long

>this thread

What's wrong with sidequestkino?

That's specifically only for pinky-toe toenails.
These are for larger digits.

What the fuck is wrong with that Caliphate

Yeah!

That's really well done.

I think he might've been joking

>"user come check this out!"
>walk over to where my younger friend is playing oblivion, crouched infront of a chest
>he turns and looks right at me, controller in hand, and opens the lockpick screen
>staring at me and only using sound, he manages to open a lock with 5 pins, only fucked up twice
>says he figured it out and practiced for 6 hours
>impressed but concerned
Is he does autism now?

Flick up and pay attention to its speed and sound, if it's slightly slower and you hear a double click then quickly lock the tumbler in place. A failed attempt will bring down the other tumblers, but a higher Security skill can reduce the amount that fall down on a failed attempt. When you get good at it you can practically take on any lock in the game, which is presumably why Fallout 3 locked attempting harder ones behind a skill gate, though they didn't for Skyrim. Dunno about FO4

But of course, the Skeleton Key was stupid easy to get.

Each NPC has their own reactions to each option which you can figure out by hovering over them, while the meter on each pie segment is indicative of how much it will influence their disposition. When the game starts you lose disposition overtime, so you want to manipulate the wheel so that you do more good than bad as quickly as possible by landing the bigger pieces on the two they like and the smaller ones on the two they dislike. Apprentice Speechcraft (25) gets you a free single rotation per play.

been watching vinesauce again?

>is he does autism now?

>could make NPCs like you through spells/simple fast unobtrusive minigame/bribery to get more leeway with purchasing and such.
There are worse ways to do it when you advertise the ability to talk to every NPC.

Same