Baldur's Gate : Enhanced Edition

Is there a single better value in video gaming right now that is a better dollar to quality time spent than Baldur's Gate : Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate II : Enhanced Edition?

I mean you can get both for next to nothing and it's everything every other RPG has tried to be.

I mean look at this, I just rolled a new Wild Mage, I'm not even through Chapter 1 and my Wild Mage just sex changed my entire party trying to cast level 1 Magic Missile.

Anyone have some fun stories / memories?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.beamdog.com/discussion/42982/agannazars-scorcher
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Never bothered with these games, they don't have vehicle combat.

I just pirate my games.

>giving money to beamcuck
No, thank you.

I pirate, therefore I am.

>I just rolled a new Wild Mage
>that hud

Did they do something I'm not aware of?

They added original content

>Anyone have some fun stories / memories?
sure. like that one time my wild mage melted all of my money ha ha. 30,000 gold, GONE.

fun times. FUN. TIMES.

some new party members like that PANSEXUAL half-orc.

>Rolling a wild mage
>Not expecting the FUNNEST OF TIMES

They exist.

Fun fact: The originals had a better dollar to quality time ratio since they were always cheaper before beamdog banned the sale of them.

Guess they didn't like the competition.

Isn't that the new one? I don't think that's canon? What's it called again? I want to avoid playing it.

>I don't think that's canon?

Canon doesnt really matter in the games since the novels are the canon. Still, SoD is part of BG storyline now so...

SoD?

Fallout 1 and 2 are better RPGs

XCOM 1 + Terrors of the Deep if you want tactical stuff

Jagged Alliance 2 for similar tactical

But yeah, BG1 and 2 are great RPGs, especially if you like fantasy. I like post-nuclear/desert with a modern twist, so FO 1 and 2 are my favorites.

OP here. I'm more of a Fallout Tactics kinda guy but I really enjoyed 1 and 2. I even played that shovelware XBox in the Dark Alliance style.

XCom is THE BOMB. People shit on it for it's graphics but it's a fucking powerhouse.

yes, the originals, easily.

I don't mind the graphics of the old x-com games.
But if you need a 150 page long guide to know how to just move your units and end your turn, the game did something massively wrong!

I want to get into these games. Should I get original or EE? I heard EE makes some changes to story and adds SJW characters, is this true?

Just get the EE

Siege of Dragonscuck

>this guy again

Siege of Dragonspear added (and later removed) a reference to Gamer Gate and created a female to male half-orc. If you didn't know they were there, you wouldn't flash on it. You also don;'t have to play it. EE adds higher XP maximum and lumps Black Pits in with it so you don't need to download it. The cool thing is, you go right into BG2 with the same characters so it's a huge game when end to end.

yes
hitting yourself with a piece of glacier
eating literal shit
not doing anything

everything free and more quality than anything bioware

How do I run a multiplayer game on this? Me and my friends are trying and we have to all have 2 party members controlled to fill the thing. Is there any way to just have 3?

Skyrim Special Edition

Three what?

"It's not a problem if SJWs altered the original vision of the game and called it an enhancement! You don't have to play it!"

In the case of buying it from GOG you have to get the EE to even play the originals

But they didn't.

fuck Beamdog and fuck trannies

Oh sorry, me and 2 friends in a lobby have to make 6 heroes between us

FIRED

You mean best boy?
>implying real orcs don't just want to breed and dominate anything with a hole

Best spell incoming.

You don't have to fill your group if that's what you're getting at. You can start the game just by each making a character and making sure the character slots are assigned to the correct people.

It's been a while but I think you just ready up on EE and you're good to go

Thanks user

>icewind dale 2 enhanced edition never

what class should I start a new game as?

Never finished the whole series but I've playled through 1 and a bit of 2 as kensai/mage

>that fucking excuse of the source code

Yeah right, I'm sure is not because IWDEE didnt sell shit and, unlike other games, they will have to actually work in IWD2EE.

BG1's best class are the Fighter classes.
BG2's best class are the Mage classes.

multiclass, fighter/mage

elf archer. get your bitch boots asap then just sanic around and plink stuff

The EEs are basically commercially packed up modded installations. You can get pretty much everything they do with your existing copies by modding, and there are a number of ways the modded games are better.

The two best releases, IWD:EE and PST:EE, are glorified baked-in mod packs with little-to-no OC. In fact, Beamdog hired Icewind Dale modders to help them with that release, and Chris Avellone was personally involved in PST:EE's production.

>writing about the "default" sexual orientation and gender identity of D&D characters is not reflective of the real world

who gives a shit
the hinted at NWN EE and that's what matters
>NWN EE
>online community is reborn
>actually get to experience what it was like in the golden days
My dick

>NWNEE

Please, that's not gonna happen.

NWNfags should be gassed

>t. never played A Dance with Rogues

Isn't that the mod where you are some princess slut constantly getting raped by orc and demon dick?
Why would anyone but girls and traps want to play that

I'm not paying someone for a game they didn't even make, and filled it with mods that already existed.

amazing.

That's not Horrid Wilting

Low level dnd is boring as hell but high level dnd is a complete clusterfuck. Who can argue against this?

That's not default attack with Flail of Ages

fuck rpg codex

that's not putting 3 skull traps in a spell trigger

that's not projected image

Stop time kensai/mage

that's not having six sorcerers in a party lined up 3x2 several spaces away who each cast protection from fire on themselves and then use a wind of fire's scorcher mode on the person adjacent to them, then having them surround the enemies to be doused in 3 jets of liquid napalm

okay but you could turn those 6 sorcerers into 12 sorcerers with simulacrum
unless there was an overall party summon limit, I forget

>makes some changes to story
do they?

5 unit cap I think

>obsidian would patch this kind of thing

Imagine if Sawyer even got his hands on BG2

>tfw BG1 original edition didn't have a cap on summoned units
>tfw summoning 30 skeletons and use as a meatshield against anything, basilisks, drizzt, hunting down kobolds off screen etc

good times

i want out of this timeline

The only way 11 year old me beat Sarevok was spamming a wand of monster summoning to gank him

To think that they fired a competent writer as Dave Gross to hire this human waste

>surrounding Sarevok and Drizzt with an army of 50+ level 1 gnolls and hobgoblins from a summon monster wand to the point they actually die to it thanks to nat 20 hits and the lack of Cleave while you pelt them from behing your literal meatwall

At least you can also achieve unlimited summons in BG2
>BG2
>cast Projected Image

this is now a Beamdog hate thread

>he picked the Wizard Slayer kit

So we are considering a mobile burning star of david that can hit multiple times per enemy at 3d8
Sorry, TWO mobile burning stars of david that can hit multiple times per enemy at 3d8
If you throw spell turning on each mage, then you can skip the fire resistance altogether and let the scorcher ray bounce between the 12 of them indefinitely
according to this forums.beamdog.com/discussion/42982/agannazars-scorcher
you could hit somewhere in the ballpark of 16 thousand hit points of damage

>Samus Aaron

>he doesn't know

Did they fixed the ui scale?

I was playing it on 1920X1080 and the ui was fucking small.
I couldn't read shit.

how do you even heal that? is it permanent?
I remember a cursed belt of sex change that needed a remove curse spell

hold person carried me through bg1 and bg2 pre expansion like crazy
Level2 AoE CC and like half the encounters are against humanoids, what were they thinking?

>AD&D
>Video Games
Pick one

>cRPGs
>not video games

web is breddy gud too

I know using project image to cast your whole spell book for 1 lvl7slot or using simulacrum to use consumables without consequences sounds great and all but it kinda defeats the purpose of vancian casting

>tfw i still have the ORIGINAL PC editions of baldur's gate, tales of the sword coast, the COLLECTOR'S edition of BG2 and throne of bhaal
>tfw i'm playing through BG2 again
>tfw this game is perfect just the way it is

i've beaten this game at least yearly every single year since it came out. it's just fantastic, my family.

also, viconia >>>>>> jaheira >>>>>> confirmed bachelor lifestyle >>>>>> aerie. non-disputable.

+3 returning darts. What else do I need?

in bg1 maybe but in bg2 your frontline should be dual wielding and that doesn't let you quick switch to ranged weapons and my OCD tickles in if a character isn't doing something 24/7

They did. They just deleted the shit afterwards.

AD&D is one of the worst possible systems to create video games with. Heck, it's one of the worst possible system to play anything.

EE lets you quick switch to ranged while dual wielding, it's pretty amazing desu

Don't you have a GURPS thread calling or something?

sheeit man. I beat ufo enemy unknown back in the 90's when I was in middle school and had 1 year of english education.

Why have kids become too retarded for videogames?

I removed spell trap and its equivalents animations with a mod, enyone knows how to restore themn with nearinfinity?
I altered a lot of shit afterwards manually and I don't want to lose it

wat? I know you can in IWD2 but I just get a "off hand in use" error message when I try to equip a bow with a offhand equiped

>AD&D is one of the worst possible systems to create video games with. Heck, it's one of the worst possible system to play anything.

well met, good gentle sir.

they added trash to bg1 (and probably 2 as well) too.
it's very obvious which characters are from the original game and which characters were made by some pink haired fruit cake that can only write the same smug, quipy, tumblr character.