Morrowind Thread

Oh boy, where should I go first?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NDuu9he0sHw
youtu.be/LDT2JKoznV0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Go to Balmora meet daddy Caius

What does he have in store for me?

He's a shirtless drug addict old man that lets you live in his house in the main quest. Most of the times he just watches you sleep.
Most of the times.

>Most of the times he just watches you sleep.

Oh, and join House Redoran otherwise you are a faggot.

>have Morrowind installed from about 2/3 years ago
>followed Knot's guide for visual mods
>game runs like shit in exteriors (about 30fps on a 970) and looks gaudy as fuck in some places because of tree overkill (pic related, even the fucking lighthouse is surrounded by them)
>want to reinstall with a simpler mod setup but it took me so long to add each individual mod that i'm reluctant to do so

Conflicted. Just started playing it again and I keep thinking if I should just start over again with a new installation before progressing any further.

Nah fuck that. Go to the caves west of Seyda Neen and grab the amulet there. Then north of that cave you should see a wizard fall, so loot him. Then there's a slave cave slightly NE of Seyda Neen you can clear. Then you go to Pelagiad and steal a bunch of shit so you can sell it in Balmora.

>cant play games with vanilla graphics and 30fps

Get a lot of this faggot.

It's a video GAME nigga

You should run to the left until you find a dead guy behind some rocks, then explore around until another guy falls from the sky. This should net you couple hundreds of septims. Now take the buss to Balmora and buy 2 potions of invisibility, 1 potion of levitation, 1 potion of mark, 1 potion of recall and 1 scroll of divine intervention. Drink the potion of mark at the silt strider platform. Take the Mage's Guild teleporter to Vivec city, buy a scroll of invisibility from the guild vendor and buy a broken glass dagger from the Telvani Canton enchanter, then take the buss to Suran and buy another broken glass dagger from the pawnbroker down at the plaza. Leave Suran by the front gate, climb over the hills, and run for the big oval door in the daedric ruins. Enter and jump down, drink levitation potion and float towards the large door to your left. Enter the door and proceed forward. Once you spot the guy in black demon armor drink an invisibility potion, run past all enemies and up to the shrine. Loot the shrine then drink the potion of recall. Take the buss to Ald Ruhn, then to Gnisis. Cross the water right there near the platform and proceed southeast until you see a large fort on a hill. Enter the fort. Go left and look for the stairs down, then go right and immediately right again for the stairs to the basement. When Deekin tries to give you high-five drink the second invisibility potion and run into the saves. Turn right and take the spear that pins the skeleton above the fire pit. Use the scroll of invisibility and run back, but keep going forward. Past the lava room in the cavern with bat wenches there is a corpse on the floor. Loot the boots from it and use the scroll of divine intervention. Take the buss back to Balmora and remember that you are now breathing manually.

Is this a mod?

maybe stop being a faggot child and font worry about muh le grafix

I have a ton of mods, but one of them affect graphics in any way other than draw distance. If you really want a texture pack, I suggest you get the watercolor one, as it is the one of the very few that doesn't break the art style.

Hlaalu towns were pretty nice places, including the port town with a whore house. Why are Imperial Forts so confusing though?

Fuck that stupid dumb nigger cat he fucking sucks

Install an actually good graphic mod or play with vanilla graphics or just updated textures you massive fucking faggot

>have that fancy terrain and exterior graphics
>npc model still looks like shit
why fucking bother?

Because Imperials are shit who can't into a e s t h e t i c, just like Hlaalu.

youtube.com/watch?v=NDuu9he0sHw

im pretty sure that guide is outdated as hell. there are multiple out there that are good

youtu.be/LDT2JKoznV0

why don't you play the better version called Skyrim?

pic related

grafix fags are literally braindead retards

dark souls 3 blows cock, worst game miyazaki ever shit out of his decrepit talentless asshole

>ferns

blamora and get a few quests into the main quest, then a few into the others, stopping when you have a memorable goal otherwise you'll forget where you were because the questlog isn't chronological.

but Ebonheart is the most aesthetic place in Vvanderfell.

The combat in this game enrages me, is there a mod to fix it?

>Ahnassi, a Special Friend

>Choose the "smooth moves" and "her profession" dialogue topics and then "Give Ahnassi the gift of friendship". She'll plead with you to come and visit her often.

What did they mean by this?

ITT: Characters who did nothing wrong

The Sharmat is a tragic figure. Voryn Dagoth was a nationalist, a charismatic leader and a devoted follower to Nerevar, and most importantly, his friend. He fell for the same temptation and Dwemer trickery as did the Tribunal, he was not inherently evil. All that Voryn truly wanted was to secure Morrowind's sovereignty and getting rid of a dying globalist Empire. The trickster Vehk is your real enemy, Dagoth Ur is your friend.

So what's the up to date mod guide?

go get my weaponfu the spear of bitter mercy

LEVELING THE STAT I'M USING AND NOT ENGAGING COMBAT WHEN OUT OF FATIGUE IS SOOOOOOOOO HARD

just turn on god mode if you're that retarded

>NPC casts command creature on DAGOTH UR
Fucking kek

>weaponfu
Who /daedricwakizashi/ here

Combat is stupid with with full fatigue.

>970

well yeah of course you're not going to be able to run fancy graphics

How playable is OpenMW?

>it works
what the vehk

>the spear of bitter mercy

It's really not.

this

what mod are you looking for then? the only thing you can do is make it so you always hit, which you can already do by playing the game right instead of being an absolute idiot

like I said, instead of wasting time downloading the infinite fatigue mods or the mod that gives you 100% hit chance just turn on god mode. it will be the exact same thing

Seven months ago, we were mere weeks away from a 1.0 release.

Now, we're merely one week away.

>He doesn't main the Fork of Horripilation.

33yo who's last TES game was Daggerfall in 98.

First playthrough as a sneaky wood elf archer. What am I in for?

>spend hours actually loading the game
>finally get to play
>on some stupid ass boat that takes forever
>finally get off the boat
>see a mudcrab and attack it
>die the most horrible and embarrassing death in a video game
>uninstall

wow sure is a GREAT GAME

>The Heart of Lorkhan is now in your party.
This is amazing

>Using weapons

Cliff racers.

>blaming the game because you have the mental acuity of an aborted fetus
maybe find a new hobby

>using weapons in a tes game

Your first mistake. All you need is a shield, armor and magic. Although I guess archery is a damn sight better than melee.

>wood elf
>archer
I know it's been years user but play something decent, something like an honorable Dunmer warrior.

>Did nothing wrong
>Wants to remove everyone's face and inside of their head

What did he mean by this?

I wonder who could be behind this post...

That was madman Dagoth Ur's doing, not Nerevar's bro Voryn Dagoth.

yes but Dagoth has also been driven mad by exposure to the dwemer artifacts and some weird metaphysical stuff, he was like a loyal dog with rabies who needed to be put down.
best thing to do is kill him, kill Vivec, and kill the other two during Tribunal so Morrowind can be free

At the very least a witchhunter.

This looks like the cinematic mod of morrowind

does anyone play this on Linux?
I only have my Linux laptop atm and want to play again but am unsure how it will play with Wine and mods

they were in pain

I've always played a heavy armor long sword nigga. Recommend me stats for a different run.

Pure caster? Summoner? Dickass thief? Something else?

See that big volcano in the middle?

You can climb it!

Does this happen if you talk to them after you kill Dagoth Ur?

If you sneak up to Dreamers and Ash Zombies you can talk to them.

Mostly they talk about dreams and complain that the chairs won't stop talking no matter how they rearrange them.

Yeah but does this only trigger after killing him or is it random?

that pic was before killing dagoth ur

Loot the open topped tree trunks by the lighthouse, and the tree trunk a little north of seyda neen slightly south and to the east of where the wizard falls, the one in the swamp with the rocks right behind the tree trunk.

Find the lost ebony mine south of balmora, loot ebony, sell ebony, tell dude in st olms haunted manor, get free daedric weapon. Level 1 shit b

It always works, you just need to talk to them before they aggro.

Loot the bookshelf, limeware platter, and every silver object in the census office. Looting everything and selling to the trader in town (after giving faggoth the ring back) will net you 1k gold straight off the boat.

>stealing imperial property
criminal scum

Kill the lighthouse bitch after you complete the missing taxman quest, free house and skillbook

I think that book is worth 300 something drakes too

Honestly my favorite thing about Morrowind is that they spent a great deal of time making sure NPCs didn't know things they shouldn't know. Trying to figure things out like what happened to Nerevar or the fate of the Dwemer was a massive pain in the ass, because most NPCs have no clue or know nothing other than what the Temple says. Meanwhile, the people who do know all give contradictory and bias answers that make them look good. Not even Dagoth Ur or Yagrum Bagarn have any idea what happened to the Dwemer.

Modern games, ask any NPC a question and they will tell you exactly what is going on, and you can trust everything they say.

The only other game I've really seen do it that well is Vampire the Masquerade, and even then it's still second place.

In the immediate vicinity around gnar mok, is a open topped tree trunk in a swamp right by a tree. Use the levitation potion you got in addamantus or whatever that skooma den is called east of seyda neen, and you got yourself a nice glass shortsword. Level 1 shit b

>Modern games, ask any NPC a question and they will tell you exactly what is going on, and you can trust everything they say
Favorite thing about TES lore right here. It's mostly unreliable narrators, and when you finally do get a concrete answer there is usually 2 more that contradict it.
Good shit.

the original engine will always run like shit no matter your GPU because it can't take advantage of modern hardware, this is why we need OpenMW

But doesn't OpenMW run like shit too

>>on some stupid ass boat that takes forever
that's 30 seconds
I can't even think of a game to recommend for your attention span. Maybe mobile shit

the idea is that it will run much better eventually

After finding the tax mans body literally a stones throw from seyda neen, look at his tax records. The guy with over 200 drakes owed? He has a shack in seyda neen. Ask him about taxman, kill him, HEAD STRAIGHT TO THE "aaaahhh yes, we've been expecting you" dude in the census office, you just kept all that gold and got 500 more. Aren't exploits fun? Now go and give the ring back to the chick in the light house and kill her for it. Free starting house, no bounty, best ring in the game, 4K gold to be made in and around seyda neen alone. 1 hour of your time.

Morrowind:
Early game:
>Hey chucklefuck, get a real job and try to reform your life. Go do work for this Skooma addict
Medium game:
>Oh, you might be someone important. Go see if anyone else agrees, try to convince them
Late game:
>Dagoth Ur: Are you REALLY Nerevar reborn?
>You: I have no fucking idea

Oblivion:
Early game:
>Are going to be someone important. Go meet other important people
Medium game:
>It's you! The Hero of Kvatch!
Late game:
>Thank you Champion of Cyrodil, for helping someone else save the day. Now go become the leader of every faction.

Skyrim
Early game:
>You're the Dragonborn!
Medium game:
>You're the Dragonborn!
Late game:
>Thanks for saving the world Dragonborn! Now go become the leader of every faction.

I love how you find items worth tens of thounsands of gold but almost no vendors have over 1000 gold (except the scamp and the crab, but a new player might take long to find them). It's a brilliant solution around the level scaling bullshit of the other games.

Never played but I think I'm ready. All I have is a toaster laptop now, what are the least taxing but essential mods Sup Forums?

You should be using those 20,000 gold items, not selling. That winged twiglight soul gem you should always steal in the balmora mates guild will go quite nicely with the taxmans ring. Enchant that shit b

It's nice how they actually gave you a choice if you really were Nerevar.

Vanilla. Deadass.

It's been playable for awhile. At this point they're ironing out glitches, but it's probably as stable as any engine Bethesda's shipped.

Morrowind Code Patch is the most essential. You can install a shitload of mods and there won't be many effects on your performance as long as it's not mods that add tons of new textures/meshes and global scripts.

Just get the unoffical patches. They will fix most of the crash to desktop problems, and the broken quests.

>argonian
>short blade
>heavy armor
>alchemy
>shield

best build in the game

>beastfolk

Have fun with a disadvantage in morrowind.

>argonian
Disgusting

>playing shitscales unironically

>hide the two daedric pauldrons after a ton of boring expansion quests
reee
and no, I never fuck with my boy Fyr

I got the sudden urge to replay this game, but with a build that is only does damage with unarmed. Magic is allowed but no summons, or anything that does damage directly. How would you make this sort of character brokenly strong? I've read that strength doesn't modify unarmed damage, so i might as wall make some sort of fist mage.

B is the correct answer.

Unarmed works by reducing their stamina to knock them over, and then punching them for damage while they are down.

Thus, anything that saps stamina will help you win fights more quickly.

Woopsie