Can we talk about this game, right here

Can we talk about this game, right here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6CalFsdE4tA
youtube.com/watch?v=on5C4W5OtlI
youtube.com/watch?v=zV6EtVTPiZA
youtube.com/watch?v=J3MpY3FWsuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Iopv2Jpjz7k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

Yes. It's good. It taught me a game can be fucking incredible, even with not having a conventional control scheme.

We can when the remake comes out and Sup Forums pretends they like the original better.

Amazing game with some really incredible level and sound design.

No, everyone is underage.

I SAID NO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YES

Yes, I beat it for the first time two months ago. One of the best games I've played. Thought that it's going to be some garbage unplayable clunky shit, but actually it was better than SS2 in almost everything - level design, atmosphere, antagonist... I wish it was THE game people recommend instead of SS2 because they never played SS.

I liked the remake demo but if it doesn't have the original music and tries to be spooky despite the original not being a horror game, it could very well be the worse game.

Literally this. I fucking hate how the remake tries to move away from the in-you-face techno vibe of the original and tries to be SUPER SPOOKY instead. It's retarded.

Why did they replace the soundtrack in the first place?

You mean when the remake comes out and surpasses the original in every way.

nobody can play old-ass games, unless you have played them when was young - they mostly look ugly as sin.

t. zero tolerance fag

Not with how it's shaping up so far.

No, just fag.

The fact that I played SS1 for the first time in my life last year proves you wrong. Maybe you're just bad.

fuck off

there's no rule without an exception.
I got into first two fallouts immediatelly after playing Fallout 3 to completion - now F1 and 2 are my favorite games.

Haven't yet tried SS1, but the controls look as unfriendly as in Daggerfall for a first person game

Enhanced Edition is exactly what the game needed.
Fixed the only part that aged with the game

I loved the first System Shock. Played it with the mouselook mod and everything.

I can't place my finger on it but System Shock 2 just bores the hell out of me. Couldn't bring myself to beat it.

That's fair, I suppose. Either way, the controls really grew on me. So much so that I stopped using mouselook and switched to the original control scheme at the end of the first level. I don't even slightly regret it. Some of the most fun I've had in a long time.

last kickstarter update I got made it seem like theyre moving more back into the techno genre.

although I'm mad about the shift in visuals & game design so I don't really read them anymore

What are they changing? It sounded more like a remaster than a remake when it was first announced.

1 is better than 2 because its cyberpunk metroid instead of lame space horror with shitty rpg elements shoehorned in

Godlike ost, the intro unironically makes me wish I was a futuristic cyberpunk hacker

youtube.com/watch?v=6CalFsdE4tA

It's cyberpunk ultima underworld. I recommend anyone that enjoys SS1, play that too.

Looks like they will have the techno soundtrack as a option.

I kind of like the second better.

One of the biggest assholes in gaming

I remember on my first playthrough I accidentally blew up the station with the laser thing. Immediately made me love the game.

It's dated but genuinely fantastic.

youtube.com/watch?v=on5C4W5OtlI

Was going to start this today, i have the enhanced edition.
Whats the problem with it? the sound sucks? last time i tried to play this game (the original) i couldnt control myself in cyberspace at all.

I love the intro music. It's so fucking cyberpunk and hackerish.
youtube.com/watch?v=zV6EtVTPiZA

I don't even know why it bored me so much. It just wasn't as fun exploring.

>Pffft this doesn't do anything
>Press it

youtube.com/watch?v=J3MpY3FWsuQ

t-thanks...

I love the adjustable difficulty settings. Actually having time restraints on finishing the game without being two shit by cyborgs was fucking awesome. The only bit I didn't like at all was cyberspace.

>not nah
You had one job you shitter

Cyberspace controls are wierd but you'll get used to them
I think in the enhanced version you can switch between WASD steering and mouse steering in cyberspace by hitting e

thanks for the tip friendo

as much as i want to enjoy this game the graphics just make my head hurt.

Nah, the audio quality is completely fucked. Listening to the voices in System Shock is like listening to dial-up connecting. Unfortunately I doubt anyone has the uncompressed recordings and if they ever tried to re-record it, they'd fuck it up with meme voice actors

system shock is awesome
aged so well fuck yeah

>The future is now!
>Everyone sounds like they are talking through a muffler.

Gee the future holds wonders.

No joke though I like the more rough/clunky retro future look like SS and Aliens as
compared to the more sleek minimalist looks.

>Can we talk about this game, right here.

No we can't, but you can listen to this. Why did you never a MT-32, Sup Forums?
youtube.com/watch?v=Iopv2Jpjz7k

Play the demo. It's a total remake and it's basically just BioShock painted to look like System Shock.

>tfw Sup Forums is finally waking up and realizing that SS2 is Ken Levine's shitty fan fiction and that irrational have never made a good game

>Remake DEMO

WHERE

sound like shit compared to

I have never played system shock, should I?

Yes, it's the best shock game. Get the enhanced edition if you're concerned about the controls.

You'll know quickly if you like it or not, so I don't see why you shouldn't.

I've never actually played the second game either, should I just pick up both?

>play system shock 2
>Have to rub your face into doors to open them
>There is always an enemy who is rubbing their face on the opposite side of the door

Why is this objectively the most justified jump scare in all of Vidya. It's fucking god tier.

The second game is okay, but this is from someone who hasn't gotten past the second hour of the game. It's just way too tough, even Bioshock gives you a gun in less than an hour of play time.

reasonable, but they did try to put movement, strafing and 9 lean positions on one hand and I think they managed reasonably well.

How do you remake SS1 without ruining it then?

I don't think so.

You don't.

dont try to turn into into ss2

Just fix the controls models sound and textures

Purely an aesthetical upgrade and control system that's more intuitive.
I'm torn between trying to keep the blocky look and making it more realistic.
Cyberspace levels extended and with gameplay effect - it was fun but execution was pretty bad and it had as much importance as wire puzzles - you used it, like, 4 times and only when it was needed?