Untitled

឴឴

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4Dfi5uJ2thw
youtube.com/watch?v=_zx2bDuHERU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I want to go back.

Would be a perfect game if it wasn't for Press Program

What was the coolest Megaman style or "soul"?

Bug was coolest and most fun
Custom was objectively best though. Having 10 chips on your screen at all times is more useful than anything else by a mile

>Varsword

I rather like Wood. That tornado shot, mang.

HEAT GUTS

>10
Casual detected

>Team
>Ground
Getting those styles must be some sort of punishment.

Grass guts is always my favourite because of the undershirt+grass stage combo, as well as the high powered murder gatling buster.

>Charged Wood Guts shot

this
it's still one of my favorite games of all time and my favorite GBA game but good god that stupid press program

>tfw you have to intentionally play "badly" so you don't get custom style
bug style is just too fun

Precisely this. Having to keep putting it in all the time was a pain. Should have been a key item.

youtu.be/4Dfi5uJ2thw

>tfw

If Hub.batch brings out Megaman's full power, why is it bugged to hell and back?

And why didn't it actually do anything in the first game?

besides the obvious gameplay balance stuff, my headcanon always assumed that megaman.exe wasn't built to be able to utilize his "full power" and be Hub and that hub.bat is sort of a "hotfix" meant to unlock those abilities without dealing with the consequences

I always kept that meteor chip and some fire swords around for that shitty combo

Favorite Folder type? I've always been really fond of running a Snake folder, I used a ghetto snake folder to clear most of the game on my first playthrough
>tfw Alpha occupies enough of the field that snake is pretty bad against it

What about in the first game where there's no problem at all?

How do I blankpost?

The coolest is the default normal style.

alphabet soup master race.

Swords.
Varsword, stepsword, ftrsword, the normal swords.
Just get all of those swords and awkwardly shove them in there.
Some barriers/auras and areasteal chips for good measure.
Lifesword literally everything was a legitimate strategy in BN2 and was what made me make sword folders every now and again for subsequent playthroughs of the sequels.

Of course you could always be boring and make a vulcan and attack plus chip combo folder.

You forgot Energy Change too.

tornado shot is the best for fighting the final story boss main game.

honestly I haven't actually played enough of the first game to get to that point because it feels clunky and the net sucks ass
as far as I'm aware it's just a plot device so that megaman.exe doesn't get lifevirus'd to death
it does have repercussions for the rest of the series because from that point on megaman.exe no longer heals after every battle
i'm just assuming that hubstyle/hub.bat afterwards is a sort of "god mode" that Dr. Hikari never intended to be used and more or less serves as an easter egg/bonus ability
if you consider the synchronization at the end of MMBN3 and full synchro in MMBN4 and onward, it seems clear that the only canon use of hub.bat is in the very first game when it makes megaman.exe just plain "better" than other programs via DNA shenanigans

the MMBN series in general has a lot of weird interactions between the real world and how data works (see: the entire final area of mega man battle network 2) so it's easy for me to just handwave the things that don't make a lot of sense by real world logic, hence why i just see the hub.bat program/style as a last minute god mode "hotfix" post 1 because it's the only thing that makes sense to me (seeing as megaman.exe already installed hub.bat at the end of the first game)

tl;dr capcom thought about it less than we are right now

Mostly close range.
Pic related is my most recent playthrough of each game, with shots taken before the end of the main story.

I'm weird like that.

>headcanon
Shut the fuck up.

>dude if you go to yai's house during a certain part of the game you can fight glyde
>dude if you go into the closet in higsby's shop during a certain part of the game you can fight roll

Just now I remembered my headcanon of years ago. Megaman goes Supernavi, but since he died of poor health, he gets several ill effects to reflect that.

Strange that the game explains jack shit about a big reveal at the end of the first game.

>there was no Glyde card
It bothers me to this day

He the batch gets applied when Megaman takes critical damage from Magicman.
Also, the whole "not healing after battle" is just a series wide retcon at the start of the second game to make the game harder. Dialogue reflects that other Navis don't recover either.

>If you kill bass really fast, you can play as him

how did virus breeding work? I never understood it.

you find the SP version of the virus somewhere in the net
you go to scilab and talk to the virus breeder who gives you a card for the virus
giving bugfrags to the virus determines the strength of the attack. you allocate a max amount of bugfrags amongst the 4 versions of the virus (1/2/3/SP)

I think that's how it worked. It's been a while

>Glyde was never a boss
Who knows what attacks he could have pulled on us

>You can unlock Normal Soul in BN4
youtube.com/watch?v=_zx2bDuHERU

Ugh, why would you want Normal Soul?