FFFXII Thread

So... what two classes did you make her?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fy9ob72nzeg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want Fran to step on my dick.

Slut and Whore

Archer/Red Mage
throw Ardors around all day

Those aren't classes in the game...

Assassin/Red Mage

Time Mage for my first, haven't gotten far enough for a second one, not sure which I'll go with.

QUAKE, MORTALS! YOU FACE THE BLADE OF LEGEND!

FFXII is the worst game in the franchise.

Worse than II, VIII and XIII.

>not
"Now we fight like men! Women! And women that dress like men!"

YOU FACE THE GREATEST SWORDSMAN IN ALL OF IVALICE
GILGAMESH!

I went with WHM. I'm thinking I'll do MCH to round it out. That will keep her out of the front lines.

So cat-ear hood converts LP into gold. Is there an item that prevents gaining EXP?

Firefly accessory

the re-release adds the ability to pick two classes in IZJS?

that's cool, i guess

It is a nightmare for my autism. I have to make sure I make the best choice for both story and stats. Along with that I have to make sure I use every class and maximum the utility of every esper. It really pisses me off that I have to divvy up the esper. It also really pisses me off that half the characters take twice as long to shoot a goddamned gun

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. It's pretty dumb how it's pretty much essential since character levels is an actual attribute. An extremely OP attribute.

Yeah. After Belias, you can pick a second license board. It's nice to play around with. They also added a 4x fast forward.

*maximize
*espers
It is time for me to turn off the computer

Uhlan/Time Battlemage, she's doing pretty well so far

it isn't that bad, ironically just dont pick machinist for balthier or archer for fran

i hated the original due to every character eventually developing the same due to identical boards, regardless of how you limited yourself, and i also hated IZJS because you only got 1 class, majority of which are fucking useless and boring and fall off 3/4 of the way through the game due to how they scale

2 jobs in this is actually a nice middle ground

shame it doesnt fix the fact that the combat is based entirely around auto attacking and gambits

all this game needed is chrono triggers battle system with positional based combo attacks

Ivalice has all these cool and unique races and the only non hume party member we get is this thot. Yes I am mad.

uhlan/redmage

but really how much did i fuck up, really considering starting again because penelo is useless and ashe is just a haste/berserk bitch for basch and vaan

with the exception of fran being a red battlemage you fucked up on pretty well everything

What in god's name did you think you were doing?

Holy shit dude. Those are some awful choices even if you're not playing seriously.

Is Knight/Foebreaker that bad of a combo? Knight has good weapons so you don't have to use maces or axes.

i dont care about min/maxing i just want a good combo
not having someone locked to one role but didint even know what half the jobs meant because its not ff5

My Fran will be a Monk/Foe Breaker. I'm going to pump her with attack and hp and watch her claw and backflip kick.

They give you a damn description of each one before picking it.

Archer/Red Mage. I don't get why people said not to make her archer. This game is easy as fuck and her animation speed literally doesn't affect anything in the game.

I really wish they'd stuck with the Ivalician races. They're pretty cool.

>Time Mage / Machinist
Ho ly fu ck ing sh it

I made her red mage/archer

On a sidenote holy fuck the 2x and 4x speed functions are handy as fuck. If I need to go across the map just kick it up to 4 and rake in the ez license points as I one shot everything I spring past.

>mfw i REALLY want to enjoy this game but i just cant
>gambits
>boring auto-attack centralized gameplay
>absolutely horrid pacing
>shitty characters like Vaan and Penelo that shouldn't have even been in the game
>constant releases of the game that desperately try to fix what is wrong, but all the fixes are just shuffling things around that are already fundamentally awful
>but it has the best world, a cool plot that revolves around political intrigue and some of the best characters in a FF

it's such a fucking shame, this game was just a few critical design decisions away from being the greatest FF ever made, but instead we got garbage

I was just about positive that they were going to make an MMO based on Ivalice after 12. It seemed to have all the markings of "eventually we'll do it" with how they built their world.

Then when FF14 got announced, we found out they were just going to rehash 11's races and not utilize Ivalice.

I'm still mad about that.

>he doesnt know the major raid of stormblood is all of ivalice
>he doesnt know the most wanted race for 14 is viera
>he doesnt know the major villains of 14 are named after the light scions in the esper's lore descriptions
14 is more 12 than you think user

id resub to ff14 if viera were playable desu

I made her my Foebreaker/Shikari. Doing a playthrough where I'm using all 12 classes.

If they actually do more than just have a little raid based on Ivalice, then maybe they have something. Last I heard, it was just a raid.

herp

I made her my Shikari/Foebreaker. I hate Vaan and I don't think ninja swords really fit any of the other characters.

Speaking of ninja swords how far into the game do you get the first one? Is it worth rushing the license or am I going to be stuck with daggers for a while?

THAT WAS MERELY A TEST OF YOUR STRENGTH, MORTALS! A PRELUDE, IF YOU WILL!
THE REAL CONTEST BEGINS NOW! I.E., YOUR WEAPONS ARE AS GOOD AS MINE!

I started Fran with Foebreaker class - one thing you'll want to keep in mind is not to rush for the quickenings - some of the ninja swords are hidden behind quickening tiles.

It's like .2 of a second longer than anyone else.
It won't matter initially but in the 7 hour long boss fights that shit adds up

>Most normie race of Ivalice still didn't get in and was replaced by shitty edgelord dragon race

Why aren't there any beast races in FFT?

It is set in the future after a cataclysm that wiped out every race but humes

FFT was made when Final Fantasy was still all about human characters (1997). It wasn't until FF9 where they started deviating from that.

FFT takes place many, many (like at least a millennia, possibly more) years later. Some kind of cataclysm occured that killed the moogles, and other races were either driven away or also went extinct because of it.

That's a dumb retcon when they suddenly decided to say they were all tied together (as well as Vagrant Story, which wasn't originally supposed to be either).

>tfw Basch as a Knight is the only thing I have in common with this

I agree on most of the races, but I could swear I remember some flavor text somewhere in FFT about moogles dying off in a cataclysm.

I really wish Square didn't bail on their "Ivalice Alliance" idea, where they would continue to make many games based off of Ivalice. They just sort of stopped after the 2 DS games (and they cancelled the sorta-FF12 sequel).

I don't recall, but you're likely right about moogles being mentioned somewhere. They were still a Final Fantasy kind of thing at that point.

The "FFT and Vagrant Story are part of the same world as our upcoming games" thing was when they decided they wanted to do that "Ivalice Alliance" thing and have a sort of connected world between several of their games (which they sadly just sort of stopped later)

Two questions:

What's the most most "canon" build for each character (such as ashe and greatswords)?
Also, what's the fucking timeline?

will it come to steam or do i have to wait to buy a copy of the steelbook edition when it goes to 20 bucks?

PC cucks BTFO

I do wish they had continued the Ivalice Alliance. FFT, FF12, and Vagrant Story have some of the most compelling worlds and art direction in video games. A missed opportunity for sure!

>the mage characters get no offensive magic skills
Bravo

Effect Capacity is gone too so you can actually cast spells like Holy without getting cock blocked

>tfw have this exact setup and did not see this image until right now

>that ashe

you know, technically, the best version was able to be emulated on PC years ago -- something that non-japanese and non-PC users couldn't get their hands on. i was just asking about steam

>Knight/Bushi
This combination seems like it might be one of the worst.

What? When is the firefly accessory ever useful?

I just have a difficult time NOT making Ashe a Bushi multi'd with a mage of some sort.

Probably in a year or two, like they did with FFX. So unless you have a dire need to play it right now, can wait.

...I'll likely pick it up on Steam as well when it comes out, even though I have it on PS4. I have a problem.

I went with Archer/Black mage more options

It is bar none the most broken combination in the game.

Not this dude, but my setup right now is
Vaan: Shikari/don't know yet
Basch: Knight/planning Bushi
Fran: Uhlan/maybe Monk
Penelo: Red Mage/planning White Mage
Ashe: Thinking Black Mage/Knight
Balthier: Foebreaker/no idea
I'm still early in the game as I just got to Bhujerba but I'm already afraid I fucked up, so am I good or should I cut my losses and restart

I chose
Vaan Shikari/Uhlan
Balthier Machinist/Bushi
Fran Archer/Red Battlemage
Basch Knight/Foebreaker
Ashe White mage/ Time Battlemage
Penela Monk/Black mage
What the fuck is going on with Balthier?
>The mist, its buurrrrrrnnnnnnniinnnnggg
youtube.com/watch?v=fy9ob72nzeg
I laughed my ass off when I found out that scene gets you a trophy

>Cant switch license boards one you pick two for each character

My OCD...How is this setup if I want to use every job?

Breaker/Hunter - Fran
White Mage/Machinist - Penelo
Bushi/Knight - Vaan
Black Mage/Monk - Basch
Time Mage/Uhlan - Ashe
Red Mage/Archer - Balthier

Help me decide and I'll all your cocks simultaneously.

Vaan - Shikari/Maybe foebreaker?
Penelo - White mage/Shikari (shields+evade daggers) or Time Mage
Balthier - Bushi/Knight
Fran - Foebreaker/????
Basch - Uhlan/????
Ashe - Black Mage/Something that uses swords, preferrably greatswords. Maybe knight.

Alright give it to me straight homie, Swords and Greatswords look like they might be shit because of all the magick potency, but maybe it'll do some good stuff for the Katanas.

I was under the impression that Red Mage/Archer or Black Mage was the "one of your characters really need to be this" of all the combinations?

Bushi gets a ton of Swiftness.
Knight gets a ton of attack power up.
Add the ability to use greatswords AND Katanas (which scale more with strength but also with magic) and you're looking at a murder machine.

Where do you get golden amulets now? Went to Mosphoran right after Raithwall and the merchant doesn't sell them like he did in the original release.

Time Mage gets more battle lore and the same amount of swiftness, seems like that would make the Greatswords option better.

I would put Bushi with Black mage or Red Mage to augment spells instead.

How old is Fran?

Why should I hold off EXP gain? Tell me!

It's really weird considering in every other FF with a job system you could switch jobs. But this one you can't. It's kinda stupid.

Old enough.

Vaan: Monk/time mage
Balthier: Bushi/black mage
Fran: Archer/black mage
Basch: Knight/uhlan
Ashe: White/red
Penelo: White/shikari
I feel my only fuck up was making Basch an uhlan instead of a foebreaker or monk

They took it all the way back to FF1.

Well except for the original.

And I thought Gamefreak was the expert of removing features.

reminder that i loved ashe, penelo, and fran WAYYY before a lot of you milk-drinkers even knew this game existed ;)
little advice here if you like this game -- try all of the other games in the ivalice alliance, including vagrant story

Pros
>character shadows
>remastered OST
>alleged CD quality original OST
>no spell queue

Cons:
>no Sky Pirate's Den
>No esper summoning screen
>no save screen
>inferior graphics(bloom and blur and more blur)
>dramatically easier gameplay(4x speed and dual jobs)
>no new content
>cutscene letterbox
>cropped FMVs
>ugly font

Jesus christ I haven't seen this pic in a coon's age.

>No Sky Pirates Den

What?! Why?

Left looks way better, which version is that?

>got FFXII with amazon card my brother got me
>showed up today
>really want to start it
>cant stop playing FFXIV

Why square...

>CTRL F
>"Ondore's lies"
>0 results

>everyone gets mad at Vaan except Basch
What a bro.