Why did Naughty Dog and Insomniac Games stop making Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon?

Why did Naughty Dog and Insomniac Games stop making Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon?

They both wanted to move on to new projects and free themselves from Universal's grasp.

Universal sold the IPs to Activision.

They made the games but they didn't own the rights.

A youtube video told me insomniac stopped making spyro, because they thought they did everything they could with the character

IIRC they just wanted to make games with guns.

Also many people leave the devs as new meat comes in, in ND's case it's all pretentious story-driven SJW's now and Insomniac is probably CoDfags and Marvelfags.

this
they were hired to do a trilogy of those games
that's it

>tfw we'll never get a great spyro game ever again

When making the game isn't enough...

>crash remakes happened
>spyro statue and PS image usage

I'm legitimately hopeful they're remake his games next, followed by decent new entries if both series are successful.

Crash was because the contract ran out with Universal (who was the actual owner of the IP).

Spyro on the other hand was a pretty good reason. Insomniac said that the quadrupedal nature of the character made it difficult for them to explore new ideas and mechanics with the character, which I kind of agree with.

Their only argument was
>Spyro can't hold a gun

Crash Bandicoot targeted your youth
Jak & Daxter targeted your teens
Uncharted targeted you maturing into an adult

>Uncharted targeted you maturing into an adult
How?

Naughty Dog didn't own the IP for Crash.

Spyro was never THAT popular so moving on made sense.

That's like saying that Mario can't make more games about running and jumping because he only has one head.

The real question is the decisions behind Universal/Activision so badly mishandling the Crash IP as to kill it off for so long. Naughty Dog isn't the only company capable of making a good Crash game yet nobody else did

We'll probably get a Spyro Trilogy remaster considering how well Crash has been doing.

Because.. it was adult themed user?

It's pretty crazy. What was Wrath of Cortex was like 10-11 months of Traveller's Tales having to rush up a Warped clone because the original Mark Cerny plans fell apart, and Activision was content to pump out cheap spinoffs until the Radical era killed the franchise for like six-seven years.

Still wish Crash Landed had gone forward though.

>Spyro trilogy remaster
>Spyro's model is the Skylanders version

You obviously haven't seen the new Spyro statue being made.

And Skylander dying. I think they might be put on annual rotation of Crash/Spyro/dying embers of Skylanders. They're a fucking massive studio with a dying cashcow

Oh shit nigga

>Crash can
Crash bandihood when

IM GONNA KILL CORTEX

Ratchet & Clank was the next step and they did a great job. They fucked up Jak & Daxter but Uncharted was ok.