Is he right?

Is he right?

Obviously

No

I'm blind and not American, how do you spell his last name?

Of course, it's amazing that this even needs to be said. Only gamers are dumb enough to pay money upfront to receive a product of unknown quality later.

What is he trying to say here?

Is he an eceleb?

Don't be a corporate cuck

Thanks for stating the obvious, TB. What would we do with you?

What if the owner of the company is my friend?

B-I-G-G-U-Y

better than a slave to the black man

bainis :DD

he's saying don't preorder shit

Then you're a shill for life and your opinions are instantly invalidated

you forget that people in do the same thing with the auto industry.

if it wasn't for brand loyalty im 100% a lot of car and motorcycle companies would have gone under long ago

>implying corporate cucks are not BLACKED too

Hes not wrong but companies should treat their audiences with some dignity and respect if they want repeat customers especially ones who aren't able to afford major consumer losses like Capcom over the years that still get by but shit gets worse and worse for them because of bad business practices.

One big companies that make shit like WRPGs/Mainstream FPS/Sandbox games can afford to flick off fans and basically still be in the major green.

Yes, but also, no one except 12 years olds think ecelebs/devs/publishers are their friends, so either, he's preaching to the choir, or his fans are 12 years olds. Either way, he should re-evaluate whether it was something worth tweeting about.

sony is my friend, theyre #4theplayers and im a player... sooo....

corporations push BLACKED meme, just look at this years E3

He's absolutely correct, but I save my money for companies I feel care about me.

More like YELLOWED

At the same it's hilarious how game companies go out of their way to state how much they hate their customers sometimes, let alone rip them off with many bad practices.

You say that but there are thousands that suck Gabe Newell's dick to this day despite Steam sales being a pale shadow of what they were and new Valve games being nowhere in sight

Bethesda is still in business so no. People will devour anything with the right marketing.

the way he means it is basically in a "do not form attachments to companies, they are not people, don't shill for them, don't excuse them and hold them accountable to every mistake"

not in a "companies shouldn't respect their customers" way

>battleforthenet
cringe

GAMERS ARE DEAD
PREORDER NOW FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT

Read my lips

I can safely say I'll buy the next Elder Scrolls despite every game becoming more and more casualized, so you're deffinetly right.

Have you ever been to a twitch stream with more than 2k viewers? My friend, my buddy, top donor this, biggest contribution that - these guys are playing their audience, acting like their best fucking friends, for money and people fall for that. From the saudi prince that really likes that blonde piece of ass to the minimum wage cuck that wants to buy a streamers affection even if that means no food today.

You're implying that fanboys aren't entitled babies most of the time.

duh, wont stop the masses of retards though

>Sup Forums - E-celeb Twitter Posts

Kill yourself.

it's board culture. fuck off

>an opinion isn't worth discussing if it was posted somewhere other than Sup Forums
You're a fucking imbecile

Thanks, friend.

No it isn't
Eceleb garbage has no place here

>evidence of neo Sup Forums

I was more implying that you could support a company for 20 years but if you so much as post #GamerGate on twitter you are then that company's enemy and they claim to no longer want your support.

Bain?

this guy is still alive?

If you already know it then it's not meant for you, genius. Look at all the people pre-ordering and giving companies money pointlessly all the time

people don't like it when you make fun of their company waifu
Kind of like how Overwatch is a garbage game but you aren't allowed to say that because it is made by Blizzard-sempai

He's right though. There's a lot of eastern companies that used to be a qualitative set of projects to the point you wanted to travel to Japan and shake the hands of everyone who was involved in that company.
Nowadays, you'll just get run-in-the-mill corporate bullshit and normie pandering.

I think the last game i bought was Fallout 4 and that was a major disappointment. Nothing else looked even remotely interesting since.

Nah, he just doesn't understand Nintendo's special relationship with it's fans.

>Pcbros
>Twitchttoddlers
I didn't say they didn't exist, I said they were 12 years olds, which they are. They'll learn this lesson by themselves when mommy and daddy stop buying their games and they have to spend their own money.

I guess an abusive relationship is still a "special" relationship

Going out of business is very unlikely for those companies since there are always cucks sucking their dicks for retarted reasons

This

Bain?

Also, fuck that filter. I typed Valve.drones, which isn't the same as a PCF.ag, the latter is at least 10 orders of magnitude more respectable.
Retarded dipshit mods.

This coming from a guy who makes his living as a surrogate friend for 12 year olds?

It's not the company that is your friend in that case, it is the owner of it.

Don't be a brand loyalist.
Corporations should cater to you, and not vice versa.

Sure but the customer is king. Many companies simply can't get away with e everything because buyers still control their success. In a competitive market keeping trust for long term is key unlike in cartel industries like retail or gasoline

BAIN?

>Hire a cute girl as a community manager
>Force her to be very active on the forums and be cutesy all the time
>Any time a thread veers towards criticizing the company send her in to run damage control
>Criticizing the company quickly becomes a crime punishable by banning, or at least a warning, and excommunication from the community by all the white knights
Easy.

What's that even supposed to mean

"special" relationship for a very "special" audience.

No. I appreciate the sentiment but the value of reputation in ANY industry cannot be overstated.

If the standard rule is "never trust", then a company has no reason to earn or maintain your trust. That's bad for consumers.

He's also saying don't be a filthy pirate.

Trust and even brand loyalism isn't bad as long as you are still holding them up to a high standard. When you let them get away with bullshit just because you "like" them or "trust" them, you become part of the problem and decay into drone status.

Nintendo is one of the shittiest soulless corporations in gaming these days. Their sales tactics are outright jewish and they constantly silence criticism on youtube. The only thing special about them is the treatment they get from their braindead fanbase.

>If the standard rule is "never trust", then a company has no reason to earn or maintain your trust. That's bad for consumers.

This, TB needs to stop this quasi-intelligent "MUH WISDOM" bs

By "Special" you mean One sided?

He's not saying that companies should never try to earn your trust, or that you shouldn't put trust in companies that consistently deliver on their promises. He's saying that going online and fighting to defend a company when they've fucked up is stupid.

If a company promises to never add microtransactions to a game, and then later does so, you've every right to be angry at them and to complain. Despite that, there are still plenty of people that will jump at the chance to defend the developer/publisher just because they've enjoyed their games in the past. They're not your friend, and the second they stop acting trustworthy or reputable is the moment you should stop viewing them as such.

There are still plenty of people that defend Bioware because they made games like Jade Empire and NWN, despite the fact that every person that worked on those games has since left the company. All TB is saying is that you can't let companies get away with shit just because you've got some kind of weird infatuation with them.

>has no reason to earn or maintain your trust.
Good, they should be shifting products or their service because they offer the best products or services, not because they can "buddy up" with people and use them to shovel shit onto.

yes
this is mainly a consolecuck thing but there are also people like this on pc
people who defend any company unconditionally needs to be euthanized, they are literally the best goiyms and are too retarded to realize

The only companies that I'm friends with the owners are bars.

He runs a business where his main revenue stream has been "ironic we don't know what we're talking about so random and funny!" podcasts for a year now.
Before attempting to be an idealog he should probably lead by example first.

Dont be a shill unless a company pays to to praise their game.

Yes, sadly fanboys are indoctrinated as unloved children that get more parenting from a console before they can figure this out.

Not at all. And the icon reminds me of the Wal-Mart icon logo.

What if I'm close friends with every single employee in the company.

Then it's all of the employees of the company that you're friends with
Corporations are people, remember, and they don't make friends

Isn't Blizzard TB's company waifu?
He keeps defending Overwatch when as a shooter veteran he should know better.

Company and corporation are two very different things.

True, but a company's stance and the stance of its employees can often differ very wildly

I can't take him or people that agree with him seriously.

>See game in early access that looks good
>Play 100s of hours of early access game, enjoy it all

According to them I've been ripped off somehow, and they will just point at an objectively bad game and pretend that early access was the reason it sucked instead of providing actual reasons.

companies want free marketing, goodwill from influencers, brand sirens, whatever you want to call it.

>there are actually people on this board who are brand loyalists and think for one second their company won't sell them down the river to make a quick buck.

yes, hands down

>consumers are entitled! being entitled is bad goys... btw dont pirate our products we deserve your money.

the only group in this equation that routeinly shows an unearned sense of entitlement are the corporate cocksuckers who lied too much that they 'have' to make profit that they started to believe it themselves.

Uhh you don't get to bring friends

You forgot the part where he then pays thousands of dollars and hours playing mobile scamboxes designed specifically do scam.

>Fedora tippers and Facebook Commiecucks

ArcSys fanboys
Blizzard fanboys
Squeenix fanboys
Waifufag game company fanboys

I think the worst of the bunch are Squeenixfags.They beg people to buy shitty Dragon Quest spinoffs because they think SE is holding the franchise's ports hostage.

user *he* does not hold power here, you're free to speak.

Funcom?

I had Blizzards dick like so far up my ass from between 1997 - 2004 man. Diablo 1 and 2, Warcraft 2, and 3, Lost Vikings, Starcraft, so many good times man.

Then World of Warcraft came out and it was fucking garbage and I was salty as hell from paying $100 for a game I dropped in 2 weeks. I didn't have a credit card at that time and I was still a teenager so $60 for a (((preordered))) boxed copy of the WoW game and then a $30 card for 2 months + tip.

Then they really didn't do shit for awhile. I got into the Starcraft 2 beta but I guess I'm just not feeling RTS anymore. Thought about trying Diablo 3 but people say its much worse than 2.

Anybody know this feel?

Nintendo is the only company that can STILL manage to disappoint me despite having zero expectation from them. The Metroid Prime 4 "reveal" isn't enough to make up for the efficiency and speed in which they've destroyed my most beloved franchises.

I don't even hate them any more, they've numbed me.

This

There's plenty of times where it's happened. I was thinking of Warframe.

yes

except nintendo, they're bros

Just look at all the nintendofags when amiibos came out and started pandering to children more or the sonyfags when the ps4 neo came out. Microsoft has been fucking over their own original ideas for years now so they aren't even relevant.

The good thing is you have people from all sides who realized this, and dropped that fanboy shit. Sure, you'll still see people trying to defend the fucking Vita and "Why haven't you hacked your 3ds yet" threads, but overall there's no reason to pick sides anymore.

>have worse QA than bethesda
>each piece of "content" is soulless grind
>refuse to expand any concept beyond the concept stage
>crush criticism with an iron fist
>actively screw over certain members of the community during events just because they hate the game and STILL win