Hard Mode in Metroid: Return of Samus locked behind Amiibo

>Nintendo spokesperson has confirmed to Eurogamer that "this unlockable content is only unlocked using amiibo".

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-26-metroid-samus-returns-has-exclusive-content-for-four-amiibo

Other urls found in this thread:

n2elite.com/
gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/amiibo-action-replay-powersaves/127307
codejunkies.com/powersaves-for-amiibo/
nfc-bank.com/bins.php?categoryid=2
youtube.com/watch?v=MKB-7KzVGfE
m.gamestop.com/product/nintendo-3ds/accessories/3ds-nfc-amiibo-reader/123181
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they already did thiswith Zelda BOTW, right? Fucking jews

Nintendo toddlers will literally defend this

>he hasnt completed his amiibo collection already
lmao

Nothing wrong with that. Amiibos cost the same as regular DLC but you get a high quality figure in addition to the digital content.

They claimed the same about the Black Arwing in Zero. They're probably lying to boost sales.

point is hard difficulty shouldn't be locked behind a paywall

There is literally nothing wrong with this.

thats right and neither should sequels or expansions or literally any other content ree

You're dillusional.
>be a good gamer
>have to pay to enjoy the game at your desired difficulty

That would be like easy mode being locked behind a Mario Amiibo. Which is funny because I can already imagine the excuses people would make for owning that Amiibo. I really just like the way it looks!

You're comparing a game balance change to additional content. Lockong hard mode behind DLC is fine? Name one other company that would get away with this. Nintendo is essentially saying
>if ur hardcore pay more
Which is maximum gay. But hey at least you get a toy out of it right?

It's okay when Nintendo does it.

That's pretty shitty

I'm not convinced.

We know "fusion mode" is locked behind dlc.
"Hard mode" is probably going to be in the base game just like every other Metroid.

Maybe I'm just being optimistic

Nintenfarts will cum to this bullshit

And now I suddenly prefer AM2R. No wonder Nintendo tried to sbut it down.

There is nothing wrong with on disk DLC, mustard race uses CPUs with cores disabled as well

>if you're hardcore, pay more
I want this on the front of a t-shirt
>It's okay when Nintendo does it
I want this on the back of that t-shirt
>pic related
And I want this to be on the size tag

And shills were saying you don't need the Amiibo for Fusion mode. Fucking faggots

And nintendofags will buy it! HAHAHAHAHA
Buy your little kid toys for additional content cut from the original game! YAHOO BING BING MAMMA MIA

what that really means is that hard mode is N3DSXL exclusive, because the O3DS doesn't have amiibo support and you can't buy those IR amiibo dongle things any more to give it support.

about time I get me one of those thingies that can fake amiibos

it's not like this is new for nintendo, Twilight Princess HD locked quadruple damage behind an amiibo and BotW's hard mode is DLC

That's even shittier, Jesus

you don't need to buy anything but the tags, you can use a normal android phone to create your own with tagmo

Sound Test? Unlockable concept art? Hard mode? Most games have this shit for free, jesus christ. I migh even say not most, but nearly all games, except very few I can probably count on my 1 hand.

Zelda BotW is a much worse case scenario.

$20 (price of 2 Nintendo 64 Games on VC or 1 Wii Game, like Metroid Prime Trilogy)
>exclusive in-game t-shirt as DLC1
>bland as fuck DLC2, with the hard mode locked behind a paywall
>DLC3 will probably be equally disappointing
>$20, all or nothing, no separate packs

>Metroid amiibos dual pack will be $30 and are actually nice figures to have in your shelf

This is false-flagging, right?
I need to know. It's important that I know.

>it's not new for Vikings. They've been raping and pillaging for the past two plunderings

Depends on how smart you are. If you have to question it - you're over the line

I already have it so what's the big fucking deal? I ask you

As a Sup Forumsitizen I would rock this

>high quality

People are going to refuse to buy Return because of this. And Nintendo will blame the sales on people not wanting metroid games.

Alright boys we need to teach nintendon't a lesson

I say we each pirate 100 copies of samus returns. If just 100 of us do that's a whopping 100,000 lost sales

Why lock the hard mode behind amiiboos and not the easy mode instead? Would be a nice casual filter.

>Hard Mode will cost $150 + thanks to scalpers

Yea nintendo will hold a press conference to shame the 8 people who didn't buy it because of this

SHAME

Don't do this. It makes Metroid gas. You'll die.

This is actually a nice idea and probably is a better deal for nintendo too

Buy the game but boycott the amiiboos and pirate codes instead. They will interpret low sales figures for the game as "nobody cares about Metroid anymore lol."

It's casual by default. it's nintendo.

nah i'm still pirating LOL

When have they ever interpreted low sales as "people don't want this franchise anymore"?

pretty much this

>Pikmin 3 extra content that should be unlocked in the main product, aka minigames, is DLC
>Mario Golf World Tour has a shitload of DLC for courses that could be unlocked in-game, the main game doesn't have that many to begin with
>a good chunk of Hyrule Warriors is DLC
>Metroid Federation Force is IMPOSSIBLE to get 100% without the Samus amiibo, you either find 4 extremely skilled players online (very unlikely considering the game is dead now), or find real life friends to 100% it. You simply can't do it solo with the regular missile setup they provide for each mission
>BotW DLCs are overpriced and add important features (korok tracking mask, hard mode, cave of trials) that should be in the default game

pretty much this these days. there's absolutely no reason to ever be nice to nintendo after the fucking bullshit they've pulled in the last several years.

>Joe the quadriplegic files lawsuit against Nintendo, stating "they don't have my best interests at heart"
>everyone comes out of the woodworks telling tales of their arthritis/nerve damage/physical ailment preventing them from enjoying vidya on normal mode

Nah wouldn't work, also kids are #1, so easy mode will always available. Need proof?
>hard mode locked behind Amiibos
>auto pilot in Mk8
>Mario's lives removed

>amiibo don't have worthwhile functionality
>amiibo are worthless pieces of plastic trash
or
>amiibo have worthwhile functionality
>why the fuck is stuff locked behind worthless pieces of plastic trash

I swear to god these fucking poor kids, I hate them

thanks, saved me some money then

I hope you do the same with Sony and Microsoft, they're even worse.

once scalpers find out an entire amiibo has a game mode locked behind it, those prices are going to way higher online

I might still buy the game but U can always pirate the DKC or Amiibo shit. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

they're bad, but i don't believe they're worse than nintendo. the nes/snes mini bullshit is just one of the reasons. also never forget that metroid federation force and starfox zero exist

>unlocks: sound test
WEW

>I do not feel the same
>Y-you are just false-flagging!!!!!!!

Wow, great to know the posters on Sup Forums are more underage than ever.

Nah, I only pirate Nintendo games.

>Interesting content locked behind plastic toys
I can already hear the scalpers on the horizon. What an awful practice.

Well, hopefully a hacked 3DS can get around this crap.

it can, never support nintendo..fucking never ever

I have a love-hate relationship with nintendo and right now i'm full of hate.

It would not be so bad if you COULD buy those fucking amiibos, they're sold out everywhere.
Fucking nintendo, never seen a company this moronic.

>People still bitching about this when there's already a fucking work around it.

n2elite.com/

>buy one amiibo
>you can use it for a dozen games
>Sup Forums will still cry no matter what
3 years of bitching over amiibos. Who cares. A week ago you fags were saying Samus Returns looks like shit, but now you all want it?

A couple friends of mine, are also getting the game, one has Smash Samus, the other preordered the new Samus and Metroid ones, and I have Zero Suit Samus. We just agreed to meet up in the town closest to all three of us once we've finished the game and pass our amiibos around.

Still, shitty thing to do on Nintendo's part for sure.

Whatever happened to the days of just buying a game and fucking playing it? Why must I buy all this other stupid shit just to unlock stuff that would have been included in the game by default like 15 years ago.

>Gentlemen we have a problem. People are excited for the new Metroid. How do we fix this?
>Lock everything behind amiibo.

So, there's a regular hard mode right, I can complete the game without an amiibo right? Then I really don't give a shit. Nintendo did worst with the GameCube/GBA era requiring you to buy a GameCube, a GBA, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Prime, and that device that allowed you to connect them both to get the Fusion Suit in Prime.

gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/amiibo-action-replay-powersaves/127307

codejunkies.com/powersaves-for-amiibo/

nfc-bank.com/bins.php?categoryid=2

>buying amiibos

Do I just need the n2 device if i want to update it through my PC?

What's the difference between this and the powersaves for amiibo and powertag devices?

Please spoon feed me a straight forward answer I am Asperger.

>great to know the posters on Sup Forums are more underage than ever.
>He says while defending hard mode DLC
Pretending to be retarded just makes you a retard.

>people bitched that amiibos did fuck all
>nintendo now puts important shit on them
You fucks asked for it so eat it up bitch.

Why do people keep linking this shit without explaining how it works.

If anyone was smart they wouldn't be dumb enough to boycott the game, boycott Nintendo's garbage amiibo toys. Buy the game don't buy those useless toys.

Microsoft happened you should be used to this honestly by now. now either buy the workaround and dont give Nintendo a cent for any content locked behind Amiibo or continue to sulk in a self imposed situation that can be avoided with a single purchase.

yes heres a video.
youtube.com/watch?v=MKB-7KzVGfE

>please spoonfeed me, I can't think or figure anything out on my own

Amiibos are NFC tags. Specifically, they follow the NFC NTAG215 standard and other NTAG standards will not work as Amiibos. The Datel PowerSaves for Amiibo (HI HELLO YES THAT'S THE FIRST LINK) contains a USB NFC tag reader and a rewritable NFC tag, and requires its driver software (HI HELLO YES THAT'S THE SECOND LINK). Since the Powersaves for Amiibo can also read amiibos, it can copy their information to a binary file on your computer. Because of this, there is a website (HI HELLO YES THAT'S THE THIRD LINK) where people can share them, and you can download any Amiibo ever released there, load it into your PowerTag, and use it as an Amiibo in your games.

Is that detailed enough for you, you functionally retarded mongoloid?

>only have an OG 3DS
>have to buy the amiibos for $20
>have to buy the NFC reader for $20

Oh cool, im going to get the metroid one, its the best one.

Thing is if amiibo were just figures being produced and distributed in the same fashion people would still be getting them.

>yfw prime 4 will have the same bullshit

>wearing the Fusion suit

Dropped.

Thanks brah.

>with a higher difficulty
any news on what that means? just more damage taken?

I'm not sure how that last one applies to this situation. How does having lives make a game harder? Does having a game over screen automatically make a certain part of a game harder?

I'll just buy the n2 device which will save hundreds in the long run.

I was going to pirate this anyway, good to know ill make buyfags even more pissed by not having to buy amiibos to get the full game either.

Some people literally cannot acquire the amiibo.

Whatever, I'm expecting there will be romhacks of Samus Returns to unlock these features without the need for amiibo.

>art galleries and sound test are now paid DLC features
I feel ill. Like that feeling of hearing of a horrific tragedy and your mind's trying to fight it.

Oh yeah, its not gonna sell because of Amiibos, not because Metroidfags don't put their money where there mouth is or anything

why all this useless shit instead of just buying tags and using tagmo

>BotW DLCs are overpriced and add important features (korok tracking mask, hard mode, cave of trials)
Those are not important in the slightest

>You can't but amiibo dongles to give it support
Blatantly false. You're retarded. This solution is also retarded and amiibos are cancer, but lying about something so obvious is pretty pointless

I read "Metroid Marker" as "Metroid Maker" and thought we were getting a level editor.

Link for source, forgot it, please none of you actually buy this thing
m.gamestop.com/product/nintendo-3ds/accessories/3ds-nfc-amiibo-reader/123181

This, they will have the Amiibo content unlocked in less than a week, and everyone with a brain has hacked his 3DS already.

>muh shills!

Fuck off back to your containment board.

Remember when retards tried to argue that hard mode wasn't locked behind amiibo and that it was just a way to unlock it earlier?

I think its pretty stupid, and not consumer friendly. For me though once I saw that Metroid amiibo I was going to get it anyway. Also I never look at art or use the sound test. In this situation I'm okay with it but I hope people make a stink about it so they learn.

The good thing about amiibos is that most of them work for more than one game so the new gain will become positive eventually.

The bad thing about amiibos is that they exist.

The concept of shilling is not exclusive to Sup Forums you imbecile.

But hard mode isn't locked inside the amiibo, "Fusion mode" is.

Why can't they just make the amiibo content free but hard to unlock and if you are lazy just use the amiibo to quickly unlock it.