Dragon Quest XI confirmed for western localization. With a Late 2018 release date

Dragon Quest XI confirmed for western localization. With a Late 2018 release date.

polygon.com/2017/7/28/16055802/dragon-quest-11-release-date-north-america-europe-square-enix

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XxDquW8CIi0&list=PLoL11u82FzOh1iwYAF1LEGSRL_kcHHCJI&index=34
youtu.be/_187BByF2TM
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NoExportForYou/VideoGames
imgur.com/a/Q5UDE
gematsu.com/2017/07/dragon-quest-xi-echoes-elusive-age-coming-west-2018
youtu.be/dgEvjW1Pq4I?t=22
youtube.com/watch?v=eQEseOOD1ak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for alena is best

DQ trash series with terrible OST's for such a long running franchise, literally sells because of DB faces

Ashlynn muh waifu.

Here's your reply. Thanks for bumping the thread.

>late 2018 release date
Pretty standard. Usually takes about 12 months for them to destroy the translation.

>Dragon Quest XI
>Monster Hunter World
>Ni No Kuni II
>Next Shin Megami Tensei
>Fire Emblem

2018 what a year.

fuckers didn't export X so what makes you think this is anything other than a bullshit pr stunt they'll change their minds on later and not do it.

XI doesn't require servers

Doesn't say late, just 2018

MHW is the only one I'm worried about because "Capcom", SMT will be my fucking jam though especially with them doubling down on Odin.

youtube.com/watch?v=XxDquW8CIi0&list=PLoL11u82FzOh1iwYAF1LEGSRL_kcHHCJI&index=34
When are we getting a DQ9-like game?

>We never got X
It still hurts, just as bad as Sega's PSO2 promise.

We did, it was called 10, it was bigger and better in every single way because your party members are so fleshed out it's almost like they were real people.
It's also Japan onry.

My real hope is one day a port is made that supports online.

Maybe someday user, maybe someday....

If XI sells an amazing amount when localized there's a chance they'll go with DQX localization, considering that FFXI and FFXIV also were localized due to global FF popularity.

He's right. Look at all this midi shit.

Why can't they change that butthurt composer?

Give up Nevereverfag, game over.

>late 2018

noone will care for this shit then

that's a retarded excuse.

horribly jewing companies that run mmo's find it EZ for server space worldwide. SE already has servers around the planet. not devoting a poofteenth of their fifty trillion gorrillion terabytes of 'lol everyone on the planet loves FF so lets make giant servers because obviously everyone will want to run multi widow and play 20 characters at a time' server space to DQ.

Where does it say late fucktard.

I mean AFTER XI.

VII 3DS, VIII 3DS, Heroes 1, 2 and Builders all flopped in the west.

Sadly not releasing X on the west was a good decision.

Last game that actually did well here was IX.

To anyone who ordered the PS4 version on Amazon, it appears the game is restricted in their system so they can't ship internationally. It seems pre-orders could be placed but they won't ship because of the restriction

Maybe they'll make an IX remake for the Switch in 2020

It would be amazing tbqh.

Yuji Horii himself announced it on his weekly Dragon Quest live feed. He even turned it into a skit where he was packing a suitcase and pretending to go on a world tour.

youtu.be/_187BByF2TM

Dragon Quest X was everything Dragon Quest IX should have been. They just didn't bring it to the west because of dumb internal politics in SquareEnix.

>the composer only writes MIDI shit RAAAWWWW!!!
You're a fucking idiot.

Installing the game via FBI QR code. I get to to around 650-700 MB in before the download stops. This has happened consistently 4 times now.
Here's the error.

Failed to Install CDN Title.
Result code: 0xD8A0A048
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid Sate (5)
Module: HTTP (40)
Desc: (72)

What does this mean? I just wanna play my Grindan Simulator. Please help.

>implying

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NoExportForYou/VideoGames

SE is KNOWN for making retarded nonsensical export decisions.

>that time they only had 150 k carts printed worldwide for a ds game.

>then refused to port other titles because the title that only had 150 k carts printed did not sell >500 K carts

so they are holding hostage your copy because you're a filthy gaijin?

Square has no one else but them selves to blame, DQ9 was the last time they tried marketing the games and they weren't even the ones promoting it.
Fucking hell they're is a company that was run by a man who was willing to waste tons of money trying to make your game popular in the west and they just said fuck it.

>VII 3DS, VIII 3DS, Heroes 1, 2 and Builders all flopped in the west.
>release games with zero marketing and limited print runs
>they don't sell much
What a surprise. And they still sold comparable to your average JRPG without marketing like Disagea or SMT.

DQX FUCKING WHEN

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

It's no surprise DQ9 sold great despite "being bad"

When we're about to get about 10 million signatures on a petition and then trick SquareEnix to actually acknowledging the petition exists.

Which version will get brought over though? Square has to deal with both nintendo and sony after all

it's the standard SE

>See the west hates DQ!!! they only like FF! FF titles sold 2 million copies overseas! This specific dq title we only printed 250 k copies of only sold 250 K copies! that proves they hate DQ, filthy foreign white devils HATE US so fuck them! no DQ for them ever!

Yes we finally get the. Main Dragon Quest localized West!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy I sure do LOVE waiting 6-8 months after the Jap release for localizations.

All most likely, the final game has no cross compatibility for obvious reasons now.

Better than waiting 4 years like with Dragon Quest VII for the 3DS.

I've got so many games to play I wouldn't even be bothered. Though I know Nip, so I'll probably play it this year.

Lol you are a spoiled asshole. You should have lived during the 90's and the 00's it would take 2-3 years total to wait for a game to be localized. 6-8 months is nothing.

Try more like 12-16 months. But still, as long as it actually comes, I don't mind waiting. I'm more worried about them fucking up the translation or removing content. They always find some way to fuck up the localization of a DQ game. Be it removing party chat, changing the games UI, altering story for no reason or changing music. There's always something.

>mfw it turns out they're only localizing the 3DS version

NEVER
FUCKING
EVER

G
A
I
J
I
N

How do I take a screenshot of my 3ds screen without having to upload to that nintendo social site?

rosalina in luma if you dont mind the wait time, mode 3 ntr otherwise. NTR saves to root as Top and bot.

Where does it say late? I'm expecting month 4.

>YWN have OGREFU ever

I'm sorry user and I know this sucks but it literally works on my machine.

The good old times seeing shit on a magazine or a website hoping for it waiting with no fucking guarantee to ever see it coming (shoutouts to atlus) , it's crazy how fast people got entitled to all they have now

New 3DS or old? I'm on old

>PS4 version
Have you not been keeping up with that port?
Japs are pissed.

>wanting to play an mmo
Are we being ironic? Let me try
>Oh I love thicc women lol
how'd I do

Or Theatrhythm
Or Monsters 1 + 2 + Joker 3
Or Slime no Mori Mori 3
Or 25th Anniversary Collection

>Linking Polygon

Dragon Quest 11 months

Now you gotta add joker 3 pro too.

What happened?

>Slime no Mori Mori 3

It hurts.

People saw how crazy Sony was on cross play, DQX has crossplay with all other versions but it requires a separate more expensive subscription to play it.
If you are already paying for DQX on any other system it wont work on the PS4 version.

I'm on new.

Dragon Quest X looks like the only good MMO out there right now. Because its trying to be more like old MMOs such as Ultima Online and not a WoW clone. Yuji Horii actually stated he wanted to make an MMO as far back as 1999, but waited until it was more economically fesiable, which meant after Final Fantasy XI proved to be a success. And he got the FFXI team to make the game.

All that being said, a lot of Japanese reviews say the game has one of the best stories in the series. I'd be fine playing it just for the single player. Anythings gotta be better than the story in Final Fantasy XIV.

Fuck this makes me so sad.

Rocket Slime was fucking amazing.

Theatrhythm with DQ music, FUCK.

And those monster 3DS remakes.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Agreed younger people just look at something and think it can be on demand. Too spoiled by Netflix, Crunchyroll etc and think things should be instant gratification. I use to remember seeing footage on websites, news articles and screenshots as time went on for it's release and still swap hyped waiting for the next game to come out.

I feel if that was true it would be Nintendo announcing it on a direct.

SE themselves announcing it means it's most likely just PS4 or both versions.

Perhaps that's why. I'll just have to wait until the lazy faggot behind freeshop updates it, the title key is on the site it uses for christ sake.

Silliconera hadn't reported it when I made the thread or I would have linked them. Being the only news site that actually cares about Dragon Quest.

imgur.com/a/Q5UDE

So who's learning Japanese here? Shouldn't be too hard to least learn enough to play a children's game right?

Really? My shipping status has just updated to preparing to ship

It's on gematsu faggot.

gematsu.com/2017/07/dragon-quest-xi-echoes-elusive-age-coming-west-2018

>before we had nothing
>now we have scraps
It's progress no doubt but it's still not the real thing. Nobody is entitled for complaining when they get scraps.

Not that I care, my game is already downloaded and installed I'll just go buy some fuel and drinks and go full neet mode.

It reminds me of this youtu.be/dgEvjW1Pq4I?t=22

just link the dq twitter

>If you are already paying for DQX on any other system it wont work on the PS4 version.
To be fair, they should have expected this. SquareEnix did the same shit with Final Fantasy XIV. If you own the game on PS3, your account won't work on Steam or PS4. And they dropped support for the PS3 version, meaning people had to go buy another copy of the game if they wanted to keep playing. Tons of PS3 owners got pissed.

Dragon Quest X at least allowed 3DS and smartphone users to play with their Wii accounts.

>linking gematsu

It double pissed people off because if you had the Wii version of DQX Nintendo had a free upgrade program for the Switch version.

YOU FAGGOTS BETTER BUY THIS GAME

IF YOU DON'T I'M BUYING IT FOR YOU

How about that dragon quest monsters?

youtube.com/watch?v=eQEseOOD1ak
Streaming DQXI from beginning to end.

>3DS version has furigana
>PS4 version doesn't
Glad I'm pirating the 3DS jap release. I can't wait for the english ps4 release though.

Buy my copy and send it to my steam account.

I'm on the old 3ds XL and it's working fine. So I don't think it's that.

>let's watch a stream of the game instead of playing it
Nope. This is one game I'm avoiding all news on so I can play it fresh. Just like I did for all the other DQ games. I want to relive that magic of Dragon Quest VIII, walking out into the open field for the first time and being blown away.

I will buy it. I have been waiting for a modern day Dragon Quest to arrive now.

I watched a LP of most of Builders before it came out internationally and that already made me feel guilty, no way I'll watch an actual mainline title before actually playing it myself

Where's the PC announcement?

Same here, it's gonna be so good

>There'll never be a DQ VIII PS4 remake because they decided to do a demake for the 3DS instead.

Lol, get a console PCbro.

Maybe for ps5 pro

It most likely will be announced in a few days for the systems but I do not doubt it will be on PS4/PC. My guess is PC might be later though due to them trying to work on it.

Nah he'll obviously wait for "perfect" emulation

Probably wouldn't do well, I mean they said they remade a chunk of DQ3s world map in UE4 and ended up putting all the time travel stuff in the 3DS version.

She's pretty dreamy

seconding I'm legit curious

see
Japs mad because Sony version doing this and it was escalated by Nintendo offering a free upgrade to anyone who owned the Wii version