Fire Emblem Fates Conquest

What does Sup Forums think of this game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gicFGiXWIDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YCz3B1-pP8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=tq0bxkvKVDI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to lick corn's thighs

the plot was fucking stupid and cringy.

the job change mechanic was a bit iffy and the resource farming was a bit tedious but everything else was fine

YOUUUU ARE THE OOOOCEAN'S GREAT WAVES

Nintendo is hell bent on becoming the new 4kids.

best 3DS game by a significant margin

great FE game overall

>m-muh story
yeah it sucks we get it

best OST

Best 3DS Fire Emblem.

Odin is my sin!

I liked the MyCastle customization a lot but the story was boring and unmotivating. 340 hours.
Not the best 3DS FE but I liked it enough.

Echoes' OST was better imo but it Fates' OST was pretty damn good too.

This guy gets it
youtube.com/watch?v=gicFGiXWIDQ

I appreciate the increased difficulty compared to the Hoshido route, but the plot was pants-on-head retarded.

>340 hours
>grinding on conquest

As shitty as this plot was, the last few missions were pretty good
Also it had the only Lilith sacrifice that made sense, Jesus Christ the Birthright one was retarded

Not having a NG+ mode killed it for me.

If I'm going to farm support ranks and captures, I want some way to carry them through Birthright/Conquest/Revelations.

it alright

working on the retranslation made me hate the game though

>NG+
>FE

Too easy. Xander and Effie break the game. Played on hard/classic and I didn't have trouble at all.
Bloated cast, shitty class skills to make things OP as fuck, completely junk benchwarmer units thrown at you every time.

You can't grind on cq. I just really liked mycastle. Rest of it was kind of forgettable.

Conquestfags say that as long as the gameplay is good it doesn't matter that the story and characters approach Kingdom Hearts level of stupid.
The thing is that the gameplay peaks with Chapter 10, is actually pretty fun until after the Operahouse and the rest is a mindless slog
But those 6-7 chapters are good

I don't know about mindless slog but the Fox chapter is fucking garbage and so is the one with Iago.

>You can't grind on cq.
DLC missions are grindable, getting stones for forging is also a form of grinding

>this dumb argument again

average map quality of CQ was high, with a few standout maps like chpt 10, chpt 12, ninja rape cave, and the royal maps

even the average maps benefited greatly from Fate's excellent mechanics and CQ's great difficulty curve and high enemy quality

CQ is an excellent example of why difficulty is so important to map design
(PoR is the also an excellent example, though of the opposite kind)

there's only 1 shitty map in CQ and that's fox village

Then just carry over some portion of the support ranks or something.

Who actually gives a fuck about the 30-second support stories or farming character affection. Gate the children quests by level or come up with some other game design that slowly unlocks access to them.

Plot was shit, like in basically almost any other FE games, or maybe even worse.
Apart from that, excellent maps, good balance, good pacing and gameplay, great sound design... Oh and shittons of ships for all the shippers like me
Excellent game overall.

Story wasn't great, most of the male characters were shit, and the base mechanics were tedious. But the actual gameplay, character models were a huge improvement compared to awakening.

M-mommy!

>most of the male characters were shit
Marx was pretty much top tier imo. Married him twice.

I guess? Most of it was spent online visiting and stuff. I refuse to support DLC and the free pebble wasn't worth it to me.

>Ships
I played Awakening 6 times just so I could try all the new supports
But in all 3 routes of Fates I had absolutely no desire to pursure supports besides me and the royal siblings

>Not marrying Belka
Oy mate

Best Anna.

I'm pretty much a terrible nostalfag when it comes to FE games... I used to shit on Awakening ships and on Fates waifu fags at any given occasion...

But as soon as Echoes (and its awfully minimalist supports) came out, I realized... I'm one of them now. It hurts my pride, but I can't deny who I am anymore now.

Extremely solid title gameplaywise with a poor story full of lost potential. Out of the ones I've played this and SS are my favorite FE games. I'll get to playing the jap only ones eventually

I've only played Birthright, and the story was awful. I'm not really a fan of the gameplay, it was fun at first, but it got boring after a while. And the ost was decent, but I've heard better.

Worst character designs in any FE game, easily. Shit music, shit mechanics, shit waifus. Just a bad fucking game.

birthright is pretty shitty, maps are forgettable and extremely easy, especially after you get Ryoma

CQ and Birthright and like night and day

>CQ and Birthright and like night and day
Hhhhhhhheeeeehheheh

Sup Forums overhyped me for it. Played on lunatic first run, was more tedious than outright hard, had barely any motivation to get to the next stage except the prospect of mycastle rewards.

The best gameplay and maps in the franchise.

Decent music with mediocre characters and shitty plot.

Still an amazing game.

>tedious
?

It has something most Fire Emblem games lack.

Legitimately cannot remember most of it despite spending 100+ hours on it.
Didn't see anything special about it though,was just another FE game, consumed it and moved on after fucking around in the personal castle thing.

Having Marth also breaks the game.

I appreciate it making a better effort to be harder and more interesting than the other 3DS Fire Emblems, but it got hard in some really dumb and annoying ways that kept me from finishing the game because at some point I just wasn't having any fun at all anymore. Once you've hit a certain point (which admittingly varies from person to person), there's not a whole lot to look forward to to keep yourself going.

Good gameplay but not the best like fags say it is. Earlier FEs still beat it out.

I went into the game on Hard Classic because my friend said the game was easy. Turns out he was playing Birthright that's why. I haven't really played much after the ninja rape cave stage. Each stage is full of trial and error for me that I'm not motivated to keep replaying the stage I'm at until I beat it. I just reached the kitsune stage where the enemies can just sneak right through your units and remain in unhittable status whenever they want. How bad is this stage?

you sound casual as fuck

CQ is hard but always fair with a few exceptions on certain Lunatic maps

design-wise, fox village is the shittiest and most unfun map in CQ

difficulty-wise, it's very easy with extreme low-manning/juggernauting. because foxes can just walk through enemies and you can't target them, bringing along weak units is suicide for them. You need a very tanky, high-damage unit, pair him up, and basically just have that unit solo the entire map. Xander works. Effie with a beastkiller is most optimal.

game doesn't get any easier just so you know. The royals chapter spike in difficulty and each one is harder than the last

Yes, tedious, as in I forced myself to finish because I was lucky enough to snag a SE copy of fates. Sup Forums must just be shit at games because I had little difficulty with it.

why did you find it tedious? how is that different from "difficult" to you?

Boring and dull without being full of any of this supposed difficulty that Sup Forums purports it to have. Almost no motivation provided to the player to move forward and finish it.
I haven't bothered trying Echoes or Awakening because apparently they're somehow worse than this garbage and that's a feat to behold.

Yeah I hear there's double Takumis on the last stage or something. Not looking forward to that. Actually another thing demotivating me from playing is I don't know what jobs to advance for my lv20 characters (Effie, Beruka, Felicia and Silas) and while I could just leave them in their base job that would be a waste of experience. Any suggestions? I advanced the archer guy to the archer on horse job a little too early for the extra mobility.

It seems you posted the wrong link, let me ftfy
youtube.com/watch?v=YCz3B1-pP8Q

Playing it right now, and actually getting my ass kicked on some levels. Probably spent 20~ attempts on that level early on in the Port where you need to Defend the Green Exits while Takumi's forces, including Hinata and Orobos. I'm not claiming to be very good at these games, but it was fun to get my ass kicked and have to be careful with how I'm using my units.

Despite Echoes being at the peak of its popularity, it's still being overshadowed by both Awakening and Fates fanbase-wise.

Guess waifubait really does bring the fans in.

echoes had the best supports what you talking about
Deen best boy

there are lots of words to describe CQ's maps, but boring and dull are not one of them. How did you play the game? The game is extremely unforgiving of mistakes

If you dislike CQ, you probably dislike FE games in general. CQ is as exciting as FE maps can get

you promote characters the moment they hit lv20, letting them just sit there is a huge waste

My suggestions:
1) Effie should be General. Wary Defender is just too good

2) Silas will be good at either. I'd probably choose paladin since with effie, xander, and beruka, you really don't need any more tanks

3) Beruka should be wyvern lord for the class growths. Malig growths suck on her and tomes are worthless on her because she has shitty MAG

4) felicia is a special case and has 40 levels IIRC, don't need to worry about promoting her

That's the basics, if you want to use Heart Seals it gets more complicated. Malig Knight, for example, has shitty growths but incredible skills, and you can Heart Seal beruka back afterwards to wyvern Lord.

don't scapegoat waifubaiting. There's no waifuposting in this thread at all save a few pics, rest of the thread is entirely gameplay discussion

it's time to stop kidding yourself. Echoes is overshadowed because it's a mediocre, forgettable game

echoes had no supports and what supports it did have were short and filler as fuck

jesus christ

Fates
>SE N3DSXL
>Commercials and ads online and in some popular media
>Audience from Awakening
>3 games for each different portion of the audience in terms of gameplay
>waifus and marriage
>ultra sexy characters to draw art of
>promotion for months and hype in the wide fan community brought in by awakening
Echoes
>marketing was a few commercials in the dead of night on adult swim
>little of FEA's audience
>1 game that only appealed to a specific audience
>no shipping
>art that is apparently criticized for being "too anime" according to Sup Forums (not on Sup Forums but supposedly on other sites)
>given a few spots of promos on only Nintendo channels
Gee, I fucking wonder why.

One of the harder FE games because the enemies are programmed to kill your units at all cost, even their life.

Nah, they were dogshit like the rest of the game, boring and dull fits it to a T. Last FE I enjoyed at all was Radiant Dawn and that was tenuous. Are you a marketer or something? Stop replying to me, the game was fucking terrible and I regret falling for the shitty Sup Forums memes from asinine people like you who consider this garbage good.

They also don't fall for easy bait, so if you want to kill one weak dude to lure the rest, you better be ready for a gangbang

Thanks, guess I'll take a look at the jobs again and see which of those suggestions fit my needs

sounds to me like you just don't like FE games

in which case I wonder why you keep playing them and posting in FE threads. If someone tells you play a game in a series you didn't like before, why would you value some stranger's opinion over your own personal experience?

RD is the pinnacle of the series btw, and CQ is second. If you thought those two games were dull, you're not ever going to enjoy FE.

I love it, one of the best fes. Fantastic level design, great character design, great gameplay mechanics, the best inheritance system yet.

The only real problem is character balance and an overabundance of gimmicks

Terrible story tho.

Radiant Dawn I did enjoy, it was just the terrible endgame that turned me off a bit save for Ashera.
Conquest is the lowest of the low though, you're fucking pathetic if you think that it's worth second place or placement at all. Unmercantile goods at best, all it did was prove shitheads like you will lap up garbage like this without question. Why'd you even reply to me? Fuck off.

Best game in the series. But why is it so fucking hard? Goddamn.

I mean, I just quit because that whore in ch. 22 activated a skill and killed my tank in one hit. That's not fair. Letting her attack first is still the lowest-risk move to make in that corridor.

This is a tranny with no personality
There is no reason to ever pick 'her' over anyone as literally every other available romance option in the game is better

This song reminds me of winter.

youtube.com/watch?v=tq0bxkvKVDI

Radiant Dawn is objectively the best game in the series.
This is not debatable

>he actually liked the shitty ashera boss fight
lmao shit taste detected

throwing insults around isn't going to get you anywhere honey. at this point you've yet to give a single reason why you hated CQ's gameplay beyond non-arguments like "boring, dull, bad"

I'll stop replying if you stop replying sweetie

Has there ever been another series where the developers made an entirely separate version for the casuals to ruin?

So since Coquest's route is the harder game, does that mean that Hoshido's Army is Canonically stronger than Nohr's?
Like if Corrin just straight up didn't exist and the two countries went to war who would end up winning?
With Anakos not existing as well

2nd best. Best death quotes, biggest scope, but the level design isn't really that clever. Nothing but corridors with beefy enemies or defense maps with chokepoints.

>b-but I need the last reply
Disgusting. The Ashera fight was equally dogshit to the rest of "Route: the endgame" but the finale with Ike provided some satisfaction for slogging through that garbage. I don't enjoy arguing with braindead retards who liked a game as bland and shitty as Conquest. What are you going to say? Try and convince me I'm wrong by listing that you liked something about it with some "muh objective facts" shit composed entirely out of opinions?

Hoshido would lose to big thick european steel

They have the home field advantage. Also Marx > Sasuke

hoshido units would probably beat nohr

Ryoma can solo the entire Nohrian royal family

not an argument

>They have the home field advantage.
???
Also
>Also Marx > Sasuke
>You can't fuck both your older brothers
Fuck Fates

*teleports you through the wall*

Hmpf... Don't take it personally...

not an argument

No, because in Conquest you're being set up to fail by your own people and in Birthright you have the entire country backing you up.

xander is the biggest fucking faggot in the entire game, every single route he's a stupid cunt and I have no idea how anyone who isn't a woman who is wet for him likes him

Rank the top 3 hardest chapters

Ryoma probably beats Xander
Leo has WTA but is shit
Camilla effortlessly crushes Hinoka's skull beneath her heel
Sakura and Elise fuck instead of fight

Not him but, holy shit user you're pretty autistic to keep going with this. Gave me a good laugh though.

complete shit except the music which is good

That's the only reply suitable for people who post "not an argument." If that's all they can muster then they don't deserve anything else.

He looks cool. That's the only reason, really. Being stupid is requirement for a Camus-type character, though Xander goes the extra mile there.

I guess I liked it?
The game was super forgettable but my activity log says I put 300 hours into the game so I must have enjoyed it.
I'm really enjoying Echoes right now though, is Awakening worth playing? My first FE was Radiant Dawn and I was thinking of trying PoR but people tell me it's not much like RD.

Anyone who replies with not an argument or sees fit to argue over this many posts like that is autistic as fuck. Both of them need to be purged, he should have let it go at the guy saying he forced himself through it and let it be and the guy shouldn't have bothered with trying to convince the thread's biggest fan that his favorite game was shit.

>Play FE3
>Talk to Lawrence/Lorenz
>"I have to be loyal to my country even if they're doing wrong"
>"That's wrong and here's why"
>"Hey you're right"

>Fight Camus
>"I have to be loyal to my country even if they're doing wrong"
>"That's wrong and he-"
>"Nope don't care"