Why the fuck does Mario + Rabbids look so nice graphics-wise? Surely they're bullshotting, right?

Why the fuck does Mario + Rabbids look so nice graphics-wise? Surely they're bullshotting, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rK4VB5g7JXc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's called having a proper artstyle.

Looks like a mobile game

shaders are good, but most "modern graphics" developers like the desaturation shaders above all else

It's probably UE4.
Nvidia invested a fuckton of money on UE4 to optimize it to tegra shit to try to salvage the Shield thing, and now nintendo reap the benefits.

They call it "tone mapping", that is a thing that fixes the way the colors are displayed to be more linear, which ends desaturating.
But you're supposed to ramp up the colors after it to not look desaturated.

It's not exactly a demanding game, it's very simple and empty. Not a lot of stuff to render.

>Ubisoft
>no aliasing
It's a bullshot.

I'm still amazed that this game looks like something I'd want to play.

Why does this look good. Why does it look fun. I don't fucking understand, what the hell is going on.

But why does it look so good? I'm struggling to think of PS4 games that look as good

It's not unreal. It's running on Ubisoft own's Snowdrop engine.

also it's the second game to use that engine after Tom Clancy's The Division.

wtf are you talking about it doesn't look anything special? Comfy maybe, but not particulary beautiful.

It's clean textures on simple models.

There is no holes,hilly terrain, or rubble or other such shit around to fuck up the aesthetic.

Because there's almost nothing to render so all resources can be spent on character models.

Very beautiful. The only thing its really missing is weather effects that Ubisoft loves to show off in their engines.

considering its a higher resolution then the console can actually do, so thats a lie in its own right to START with

nah its totally legit

>native 1080p with no aliasing
Yeah it's a bullshot.

Shockingly enough, no. That's seriously what it looks like. It pisses me the fuck off how actually good this looks.

The console can do 1080p though. In docked mode.

>bullshotting
mobile scum

Have you played it?

The polycount on all of that stuff is ridiculously low. The textures too are not very heavy, it's a style designed to look good with low effort.

As a result of this they have plenty of left over processing power and can afford all the lighting, anti-aliasing, particles, or whatever they want and still maintain a perfect frame-rate.

Because it's literally just a watered down xcom with a pretty art style

An insane level of detail is being put into the animation. Splatoon devs and their horrific animatronics should be ashamed.

Yeah I was there. I have never had to force a smile as hard as I did when I was. It's gorgeous in person and plays alright too but...fuck that. How dare this horseshit be good.

Probably because the team making this actually likes Mario and they worked hard to make sure it didn't look like shit. As far as I remember, it's a pretty high honor to have the Mario franchise entrusted to you in any capacity by Nintendo. Especially considering their stance on that after the Mario movie (which I fucking loved)

what do you have against kawaii evil rabbids and mario joining forces

I'm still tired of Rabbids from back when they were INESCAPABLE. They should have stayed on the moon. The fucking minions are charming in comparison because at least they exhibit sentience and don't scream all the time.

who else gonna buy this and just roll with Mario/Luigi/Peach/Yoshi and ignore the rabbid party members as soon as the option presents itself

>those retarded looking deformities
>kawaii

No-one.
You always have to at least one Rabbid in your party at all times.

I keep tossing and turning over whether or not I should get this

Should've been Mario x Rayman with Rabbid enemies instead

Maddeningly, this is true. However you can totally try to do self-imposed challenges where you leave them at the door and you load your game when all the OG Mario characters are dead, should that happen.

what

bullshit, that's fucking stupid

rabbids > more rehashed mariofags

youtube.com/watch?v=rK4VB5g7JXc

Source on this info?

Sure thing, lemme just go back to the booth in E3 and record with my phone, brb.

Are we sure this is part of the final game and not just something done in the E3 build/demo?

That I can't answer. They weren't really receptive to questions like that unless you were a journalist and no one when I was around asked about it.

It's Nintendo's console so they know how to pull every last drop of liquid graphics from it.

Man I wish this was anything but Mario and Rabbids. It looks fun. I hate Rabbids and I'm sick of games with Mario shoehorned into them so this is a no go for me.

This doesn't look that impressive... I like the colors and overall the fidelity is nice but it just looks like every Mario game since Sunshine. What's so special about this game's aesthetic? That it costs $60 and it's on a new Nintendo console?

Did you play Mario, and if so, did you get a clear look of that laptop with the possible Sup Forums image on it?

Agreed, not sure what the appeal is here but *shrugs* different strokes for different folks I guess

>it looks like any other Mario game
Not really. Can't really put my finger on in but the aesthetic is different.

it might be a dealbreaker for me if I can't swap them out, I just want to roll with the OGs, I don't give a shit about rabbids

It looks like an Iphone game.