KIDS ARE CRUEL JACK

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9minv0O8rlI
youtube.com/watch?v=ghoGEuNNC5s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why was his fight so short
You don't even have to snip off all his shields to push to phase 3

I've never noticed the angry face on his chest before

Just beat this game for the first time a few days ago, holy fuck I wish I had played it when it was still new. My personal GOTY for 2017 even though it came out years ago.

He has a fairly small health pool, i guess it was to compensate for the fact that he had a shield in his face.
Also his moveset is really simple and easy to parry/dodge, and they fact that you fight him after monsoon means that most players would have completely understood all the mechanics of the game

I wish phase 3 was longer, as the lyrics for red sun are great

His health pool is too small, it's very easy to skip phase 2. You pretty much have to want to trigger phase 2 and play with him if you want the fight to be longer.

great game. Make sure to play the sam dlc when you git gud it's fucking excellent (almost better than base game).

also do the konami code to unlock revengeance difficulty right away and parry the shit out of everything for max fun.

Also play that bit in the sewers on revengeance with 3 mastiffs (the gorillas) for maximum hot WWE action

>3 mastiffs
Max PTSD, i fucking hate that fight, i almost always stealth kill them, its retarded to dodge un-blockable attacks that you won't even see coming

If anything, he should have been given an enormous health pool, what with his armoured bulk

RULES
OF
NATURE

I'M

man I love it. I agree on revengeance it's a bit bullshit cause they dont wait and all attack at the same time but it's so fucking intense.

Yeah, the production of the game was fucked though. That is the point the game plummets, start reusing levels and making a filler one, until it abruptly ends after a (admittedly) fantastic final boss.

If only the rest of the game maintained the pacing of the first chapters...

>MGR was the last actually good game Platinum's made

What happened?

FUCKING

Bayonetta 2 and Nier Automata came out after it though.

Wish he didn't die so fucking fast, i have to gimp myself with weak weapons to make the fight last a bit.

Red sun kicking is a good moment, though.

2 was inferior to 1 and Automata was mediocre.

>do the konami code to unlock revengeance difficulty
Those gorilla dudes kinda pissed me off on normal mode, I guess it's time to git gud. Do you guys have any tips for someone who's still pretty new to this shit? Why are these VR missions smashing my balls so hard

Red paint, red paint over paradise

Where's the angry face?

RETARDED

>CAN'T LAY A FINGER ON M-
>Damn.. you got me...

LIKE THE GOOD OL DAYS AFTER 9/11!

RED SUN

Played college ball, y'know.

AT SOME CUSHY IVY LEAGUE SCHOOL

>was wrong about being fucking invincible
>probably wrong about everything else

Pic related was right about everything, especially the memes. He even died on his own terms.

Kind of ironic that the guy screaming "I'M FUCKING INVINCIBLE" is notorious for dying so damn fast.

Mind if i cut in?

Some of the VR missions are pretty fucking hard and I think people do them with all these cheat wigs and stuff. They're no doubt harder than most of the real game and it's often a question of knowing who to kill first and how to time your actions so no enemy pulls that one fucking move behind your back.

Get good at parrying and dodging and that's it.

Try University of Texas!

His fucking DLC is so god-damn difficult. What the fuck was that Wolf fight?

Monsoon is The Sorrow. HOLY FUC-

>name is Sam
>is a Samurai

MEMORIES BROKEN

>First time fighting Sundowner
>Man, this guy is tough, those shields just destroy me

>Second time fighting Sundowner, after finishing the game
>Block and zandatsu and there goes his shield and oh he's dead. Weren't there helicopters in this fight last time? Oh well.

People whine about damage sponge bosses, but bosses that die before you see their moveset are far worse. I'd err on the side of a bit too much hp before not enough any day.

I absolutely love thsi game

You can also offensive-defensive his shield and you wont take damage

Who would win?

Armstrong vs all winds of destruction (including Khamsin)

First time through sam's DLC i got my shit destroyed. I think i went in on very hard. Pulled it out in the end though, but every boss took me like 30 minutes of retries.
I didn't know taunts increased damage output until the very end at the armstrong fight.

Replaying the wolf fight is fun as fuck, though, now that i know what i'm doing.

bring him back

Yeah he was definitely a difficulty spike, you need to land more perfect parries on his charge attacks, back off when he does his combo and punish with charged attacks

Kind of a shitty fight though. He was cooler when he was just shittalking Raiden before Monsoon.

I think they would stand a good chance, especially since Sam managed to 'injure' him, but it could be up for debate

reddit game

The normal VR are acceptable. The DLC VR are outright bullshit
>20 minute long mission with the "Kill everyone with zanzatsu" restriction which requires precise inputs and planning because not all enemies go into zanzatsu mode easily.
>10 minutes in there is a significant high chance of one of the bazooka guys to fall off the map and fail you the mission even before you reach him.

>boss kicks your shit in first time fighting him
>come back later to get revenge
What other games do this?
I love it

Sam has a shorter parry window. Raiden's is what, almost 2 seconds of slack to block any attack. Sam needs actual timing.

Plus all of Sam's attacks are high risk high reward long charges and the taunt that increases damage dealt and done. Screw once and your fucked.

I think its safe to assume that sam got his eye scar receiving an combo exactly like that, just less deeper.

BORN
youtube.com/watch?v=9minv0O8rlI

>tfw can't play the main game but with sam's moveset instead

raiden's click spamming and perfect parries get old after a while

THICC
H
I
C
C

I heard a while back someone was trying to mod that in, not sure what came of it.

>uses the same attack that got his face scarred to cut out Raiden's eye
>uses the same move that lost him his arm to Armstrong to cut off Raidan's arm with its cybernetic replacement

Pure poetry.

Is it true that Popeye was Armstrong's dad? This lore is too deep for me.

He got up to at least the Monsoon fight, but I haven't heard anything in years and nothing's been released.

Someone needs to edit the can to say Nanomachines

Looked into it, i saw a Sam vs Sam fight that at least partially worked, but that was posted a year ago.

>abandons it so close to the very end

Wonder if it has something to do with something in the Armstrong fight not working.

Who knows what kind of problems they could've ran into with the different levels/sequences, but i'd happily settle for just the boss fights with Sam.

CORKSCREW CROSS

That fight on the harder difficulties was one of the most satisfying bosses in Vidya.

>fighting Monsoon with Sam's goat dodge, yet small parry window

Hnnnnnng

>Sword is called "Murasama"

Is Sam the coolest video game character to ever exist?

Is it really a Sam pun?

I hope so.

How did they get away with it?

This whole game was a masterclass in how to generate hype.

Criminally little amounts of r34

>yfw you beat Sam and you find out he was barely even a cyborg when he was schooling your ass

I thought Sundowner only had 2 phases, with shields and without. Are you counting the flying in an elevator shaft as a phase?

So who is this chick? Looks like someone straight out of Senran Kagura

I only noticed this now

Damn. Reminded me of that Slav Jutsu webm.

>Samuel
>Raiden
>Samurai

>"Well... That's it, Jack... You can get your Metal Gear Rising: Revengeanceâ„¢ now..."

How did they get away with this?

>SAMuRAIDEN

The whole Sam dlc was one of the coolest things I've ever played.

Why did they end the game here? Felt a bit sudden. Oh well I guess they'll continue in the sequel with the tag-team mode.

>beats the shit out of your shiny metal ass
>give you a handshake and a bro hug

wtf I hate raiden now

>He didn't get the True ending DLC
user...

No she isnt you meme loving fuck

THE TRUTH GOES UNSPOKEN

How the fuck was Platinum expecting me to beat this guy? Like what the fuck? I just turned off the game right then and there and sold it back to Best Buy.

>tfw this will never be a thing youtube.com/watch?v=ghoGEuNNC5s

yeah i was about to say this looks like nans work

I knew I could destroy his Shield thé first time I fought him
Same thing for Armstrong, I didnt knew I had to slash him with Blade mod when je was regenarting his health with a Green aura

damn i should really play this
i got all the dlc but i just beat the main game and never touched the dlc