Rimworld Thread

Rimworld Thread

Free Herd Edition

wow nice horses.

Still counts

>tamed animals still just run into line of fire

Jesus

Still, good game.

Nah that was just a random turkey. They've made it so you can set to leave your animals away when you're rallied

where2pirate

Is Rimwolrd actually fun, or it's just autistic simulation where you micro-manage every bullshit and wait for hours for something interesting to happen?

There are constantly things happening. Based on which 'storyteller' you choose, it's either a constant ramping up in difficulty or a randommix

TPB?

sure is fun, when you play for the first time you have no idea what to do so is even more btter.

>pirate and play game for hundreds of hours
>eventually get tired of hunting for new updates and looking for mods in the forums
>cave and for the sake of convenience from steam workshop but the game
>pirated version never crashed or bugged out, purchased one does though
I guess I'm just unlucky with my mod choices and it's a coincidence, right?

Ok I'm procrastinating on doin something I really should but don't want to.

3 tribals with research speed boosted by 50% and less shitty starting weapons.

Where land?

I was considering getting this but no Z-levels is a deal breaker.

Does it have z-levels already?

I have survived so much shit. Stood against 30 raiders. And still I manage to kill myself due to friendly fire...

Do tamed animals breed?

>turrets behind troops firing on friendlies

Yes

Does anybody make multiple settlements?

anyone else have difficulty learning this game?

sex slave/breed mod yet?

>Blocks your path

fixed your game

>tfw can't generate a peninsula at the end of a road

Youre always doing something and if you put it on the hardest difficulty on the random 'story teller', you seriously are always on your toes. Theres other 'story tellers' that dictate the rate/pace that shit happens, so if you want a lot of downtime between events there is that, slow ramp, theres that. Just play it, its really fun.

Its a game that you 'learn' the more you play. It was better when the /vg/ general was still its own general and not clumped up with other games, but you can still ask questions there or just google shit youre having trouble understanding

MISOGYNIST CIS MALE

>find comfy landing site
>hostiles right next to it
I've only played the tutorial. How badly am I gonna get fucked if I land here? Will they at least attack from one side only?

I want to put my dick between Phoebe's boobs

>settlements can't be directly adjacent to each other
nvm

I'm going to attempt to play this game again

I have fun but I always feel like I'm playing wrong in these sorts of games

This is my base, any tips?

it has the learning thing

>wonder why i always see these massive colonies with scores of people
>
Anyone who plays on anything less than randy random extreme kys

It'll never have z-levels

Its better if you have your butcher/stove right next to the freezer so they dont have to walk so far and speeds up cooking by having less time spent traveling. I would suggest putting a door to the right from your storage area so your people dont have to walk all the way around to go outside and plant/harvest. Same for the north side of the freezer.

Dont know if its true for the geyser but I generally leave 1 space around it incase it catches fire. Generators somethings do, same with batteries, I always leave at least 1 space around them. Id suggest building a greenhouse as well so you can farm during the cold months. Need 1 sunlamp and 2 heat generators, the heat generators dont need to always be on but 2 is enough to keep it warm during a cold snap.

Besides that, I would say just spread things out a bit more, everything is really tight together and it looks comfy but you need more entrances/exits so theres less travel time to areas.

What a handsome man

Literally the only one I would ever disable is short circuit since all it does is make wiring more complex and annoying to prevent it. The rest all add to the challenge and are fun.

I don't really like randy random because he'll randomly have chains of events that make the game real easy for a long time, so I feel like even if I did get a hard line of events, someone could just dismiss my accomplishments by saying I got an easier seed.

Cass may be predictable, but at least everyone knows the difficulty you'll get with her.

>wanting to get cucked by rng
wow

>Crop failure happens
>Already have food stored, can quickly regrow crops anyway.

>Solar Flare + Heat Wave
>Go back to using passive coolers for a couple of days.

>Plague et al.
>Three to five guys are bedridden for a few days while they receive medical care at the hospital, worse case the elderly die off.

Wow, so difficult. It's almost like I'd rather another 1000 point raid over the complete minorness of any of these events.

Why, how can short circuit be prevented?

Short Circuit makes an explosion in a random electrical network on the map, detonating all stored energy in batteries.

You can mitigate this by charging up a dozen batteries and then using switches to disconnect all but one or two from your network (Mitigating the size of the explosion and giving you power reserves to immediately get up and running again by a flick of a switch), or you can wire up multiple networks so only a small part of your base loses power at any time. For instance, I've done it before where my kitchen/freezer had one power network, my hallways and bedrooms had another, and my outer and inner defenses had a third and forth network. Only one would go down at a time.

dont build any batteries

Short circuits only happen to networks with charged batteries attached to them.

>add feature
>add random bad event that only happens if you use said feature and far outweights the benefit of the feature
Bravo Tynan.

stop making me wanting to play this again

This is why my turret system is never connected to my main power or uses batteries. Just have it set up to some wood burning generators where it's easy to turn on.

You can disable the event entirely or just use the fuse mod if it bothers you that much.

I can and am doing just that, but that doesn't make it any less dumb.

>that "i don't give a fuck" turkey

had a good chuckle here

Reminder to suck it up and play permadeath.

Say no to scum!

It's autism

>Boss: Ryoko

this game looks good but is it worth 22 quid

But user it's free

>finally build a nice fort that I truly like
>hello randy rando
Fun

What determines raid difficulty, assuming I'm using Randy? Is it just wealth?

from where

Just don't pay, friend

new alpha when

I think he just picks completely at random. Cassandra scales aggressively based on wealth though, it's fucking ridiculous by midgame.

How do you get those notifications?

By replying to him.

alright, that's good to know. I've read elsewhere that it was based on wealth but they didn't specify which storyteller. if randy is completely random about raid size then I'll actually decorate my rooms rather then leaving them in barely-bland commieblocks.

I highly recommend the mod "pathing" if you like to make mega bases. Pawns tend to walk over grassy areas, muddy areas and even solar panels if it's the shortest route but this usually results them getting there slower and also bringing dirt all over the place.

Pirated it and so far I'm having fun, is a Z level even planned though?

My only big complaint with RimWorld is that if you like mega base building, like I do, FPS death is inevitable. This also happens to me in DF. Why can't I just build big?

Reminder to use anesthetic and euthanize useless columnists to preserve the master race.

Aaaand that's why I never play with Cassandra

Paste for the waste.

what mod are those fences from?

it's lack of acc on their part and lack of planning on webm author part

It's literally called "fences". The fences are kind of OP since enemies tend to ignore them and you can shoot through them. I don't recall if they offer any cover though, so they aren't as broken as embrasures but fences are much cheaper to build since there's wooden, metal and even barbwire ones. I only use them for aesthetic reasons. Though I heard the modder made it so that now invaders simply destroy the fences and they fall easily, especially steel ones down in a few gun shots.

Mortars can be such fun.

This last couple of alphas added a lot, it can seem overwhelming. The core game is getting your food situation sorted and ensuring enough defenses, active or passive to keep your pawns and stuff from being wrecked.

Just keep scaling up, eventually you snowball. It's easy to get wiped out at first by dumb shit; the late game is easier even with massive threats.

What a wimp. Those manhunting squirrels too much for you user?

Cass/Phoebe limits your colonists IIRC. Only Randy allows for massive quantities.

You know you're at max when every hostile pawn you down dies right away.

>Realistic Darkness
My nigga

You can also change story teller in the options during a campaign, no need to do it right off the bat if you wish to up the ante and get more colonists.

>Removing free meat
The only bullshit there is short circuit and you know it

If there is any game that you should support with a purchase, it's Rimworld. Tynan is a god-tier dev and sets an excellent example.

I bought two copies.

Post 'em

What's the point of kids besides cumdumps

Average colony lasts like 5 years, no kid can do useful labor in that time

You can pause and plan everything out like prison architect right?

I knew how to do it ages ago, but which file do I look for that determines how fast things expire? I just heard about the travel mechanics in this game and want to get back into it, but I never liked how food would still spoil in basically a day if you didn't have two freezers running constantly.

No you weren't or you already own and it are just shitposting

>answering your own question in the same sentence

There's a shit "planning" tool lets your mark squares for some future thing, it's for basic outlining essentially. But yes.

I wouldn't designate a shitload of building all at once though, this will result in inefficiencies. Best to build in stages.

don't know me

Needless complexity tbqh

And not really fun for anyone who doesn't play 3D chess.

LITERALLY Dwarf Fortress for brainlets

I need screens to confirm this

Too much walking nigga. The path from your freezer to your garden is huge. Should just stick the stove in the freezer tbqh.

Otherwise it's ok, at least it's clean and there are floors.

that fire looks like a dick

I don't see a problem with this desu.

I think you may just have dicks on the brain, user.

You need to activate your legit copy of Windows, user.

I tried but it doesn't work
I go to the windows store and it doens't activate no matter what,it just keeps saying that it's activating but it won't work