Why does this blow up so much...

Why does this blow up so much? How is this game different from every other survival games out there with the same formula?

Battle Royale is the perfect formula and no game has done it right so far. What else is there to know?

The game is shit but it's literally the only battle royale in the market. It's poorly optimized, ugly, and really bad.

Any competent dev can make another battle royale and steal pubg spot right now.

It's flavor of four months like we've been telling you from the start. Watch it crash and burn any minute now.

Sony gets Yakuza, Person and Horizon
Nintendo gets Splatoon, BotW and Arms
PC needs a "good" game so they settled on PUBG

>How is this game different from every other survival games out there with the same formula?
It's good

It's not a fucking survival game. How do you people not fucking realize this? It's not RUST or DayZ. In this game there is a time limit and a goal. It goes on a round by round basis. The goal isn't "Survive Indefinitely". God dammit you're all retards.

>implying shitposters actually play the gam

>Battle Royale is the perfect formula

lol

No way.

Sell it to me then.

Are there any NON-third person servers? Third person kills this fucking game.

Yes it is, people are just bored of your general FPS shit so BR is perfect new FPS formula

>RNG
>perfect formula
>even a good formula

Nope, you can play in first person though even if it sucks. If you need someone to sell a game to you then you shouldn't buy it.

pace. you almost always in a hurry.

first person server comes out tomorrow for NA and EU

>the masses argument

GO eat mcdonalds, cuck.

feels like an even playing field every match. no colorful dumbshit, no blatently apparent progressive bullshit, it's all about the killing. Dev drama outside the game aside, that works for me. I keep going back to games like that.

>you can play in first person

That's not what I asked faggot.

>if you hurrd urrff

Get lost then loser. Nobody wants to play your shitty game.

I really want to play this game but I physically cannot because of network issues and the game generally being an unoptimized piece of shit, which no one seems to talk about for some reason. It's the 3rd most played game on Steam right now, how the fuck is it still so shitty and why are people putting up with it? It's fun, but it's not THAT fun.

First person servers just got added to the test build, they should be on the main build any day now.

As of tomorrow, first-person only servers are being implemented.

great arguments user

It's fast and simple and not weighed down with needless crafting bullshit like most of those early access survival games.

I say this as someone who hates this kind of game. PUBG is a pretty good time.

People are putting up with the games shit because there are no better alternatives. Once a game arrives which does the Battle Royale formula better hits the market you can bet your ass it will skyrocket past PUBG.

so if i have arma 3 can i already play this?

Only bought it for 3rd person. ^_^

The strangest shit though is that no one is even complaining about it. I literally can't play with my friends because games just won't load if I'm in a squad, they'll only load if I'm queuing solo.

They're good enough for you, cuck.

No it won't. PUBG has the inertia. People are invested; people are familiar. Like WoW or Minecraft, you don't have to be the first or the best. You just need to be the right one at the right time.

It doesn't do anything particularly well other than offering just the right combination of various gameplay elements from other titles. That's why autists on Sup Forums don't understand its popularity but normal human beings love it. You dumbasses get caught up in the specifics of netcode/graphics/innovation/etc but fail to see the forest for the trees. Battle royale + urgent time limit + generous RNG items = fun. It will be dethroned soon enough by someone who does it better, but it shouldn't be such a fucking mystery why it's so popular.

I'm not sure about PUBG maintaining it's inertia. The recent announcements with the paid lootboxes is pissing off a ton of people.

>"Lobster Phone" is art
>Well anyone can do that
>But he actually did it
Just because someone can, does not mean they will.

That sucks, thay can't fix these issues fast enough, if they ever do.

>thinking a couple retards on reddit are Sup Forums are somehow representative of million that don't give a fuck.

you're dumb user

yeah, depending on the quality of the new maps and features (such as vaulting over a damn wall... how is that a feature??) Those loot boxes could be a kill, that turns a game faggy super quick.

You think lootboxes are going to kill a game? Really?

>early access

Because it's mechanically shallow enough to be easily grasped but designed in such a way that it presents "infinite" outcomes to a set up.

Popular streamers are all throwing shade at it you stupid fuck.

Lootboxes are a great way to extend the life of a game by incentivizing play. When you have to pay to open them in a game you already paid for then people start to wonder what the fuck you're thinking.

name some games with the same formula and I'll tell you why

the reason it blew up so much is because the youtubers were all given copies and servers where people play dumb to make content. this ensures that they make videos, and the idiots who follow them buy up the game. its an intentional form of doing what youtubers did to "dream daddy" or other shitty games that blow up because of youtubers playing them.

He's right. Why do you think games like DayZ blew up in popularity so much? It certainly wasn't because of the groups of people who wanted to play together, work together to survive.

It was the streamers who wanted to run around, loot the best stuff, then go on a killing spree.

PUBG is exactly what that new audience who swarmed in wanted. Just pick up some gear and then get right to the killing. They zeroed in on the largest portion of the market and struck gold.

This game wasn't made to be "good" but to appeal to what the the majority of the kids and young adults playing these sorts of games are really there for.

meme survival game of the moment + twitch
you won't even remember it this time next year

FUCKING THIS

Faggots think this is some Ark-DayZ-zombie survival fucking thing, when all you do is collect weapons, get to the point and kill people. Each round has a time limit because the map reduces in size and kills you if you're too slow

>survival

how do people still think this

it's fucking mind boggling

>Why do you think games like DayZ blew up in popularity so much?

It doesn't matter. Because that's not what "perfect" means.

A lot of people eating shit doesn't mean that it's perfect. Learn your words nigger.

>why is thing so popular
>well it appeals to a lot of people
>that's the masses argument idiot

Is your brain ok user?

>the game is literally dayz with tweaked rules
>omg why are people calling this a survival game

Because the trailers suck at distinguishing it from the usual early access garbage. Nobody with any intelligence wants to fucking play it, because it reeks of that shit.

>i'm too stupid to do any amount of research

kys

>why is thing so popular

Is YOUR brain ok user? Maybe it's time to re-learn english.

>CSGO fags getting butthrt over a better game being more popular than their box unlocking simulator
but it's good to see another thread where csgo fagt get BTFO

>daily neogaf shill thread

well, mostly because it isn't a survival game

>battle royal is a movie of various people trapped in an office or school (depending which movie you mean) fighting brutally for their survival in small to medium sized rooms
>pubg is just sniping from short range (100m~) to medium range (300m~) until the area becomes smaller and people are forced to go full burst on each others ass

Give me a battle royal in an large corporate office skyscraper, an industry complex or school with melee weapons that are actually worth a damn, building traps and shit.

no water/drinking/crafting
All the stuff is centered around killing.
All the survival aspects of survival games suck. I have no idea how to explain it unfortunately.

So this is what talking to an autistic person feels like.

>Popular streamers are all throwing shade at it you stupid fuck.
>When you have to pay to open them in a game you already paid for then people start to wonder what the fuck you're thinking.

Generally, people who are already heavily invested and vocal aren't good barometers for market success. Without commenting on the validity of their points or the viability of that particular business model, I can safely say that this choice will not be what sinks the product.

The original claim was that a better game will skyrocket past this one in popularity. Such a product does not currently exist, so even if there is discontent there is nowhere for the player base to move. But more importantly, even if such a product did exist the possibility of it being more successful than this one is highly unlikely.

As I said, the combination of previous investment, familiarity and simple fatigue outweigh the merits of a "better" video game. In a few years time, if there's still demand for a similar product then the possibility of another success becomes more likely -- but it'll still have nothing to do with quality and will likely pull the vast bulk of its sales from people who didn't buy PUBG to begin with.

It is in fact the perfect formula, for commercial success.

Ey man come on. I like pubg but it's not like the devs are trying to hide their upcoming box unlocking simulator

>battle royal is a movie of various people trapped in an office or school

Holy shit you are retarded.

The culling came out first actually

I don't personally play it, but from what I've seen it plays much better than similar games, minus the jumping which looks janky af.

When someone makes the perfect blend of shit to get as many people who eat shit to like it as possible, you could say they have the 'perfect blend of shit.' It's not perfect as in infallible or irrefutably perfect in quality you fucking blueberry ape, it's perfect in that it's going to strike gold with a lot of people, like said.

You are gay and dumb. Count yourself lucky that you're not next to me or I'd honor my family's traditions by slapping you with a freshly caught trout of vengeance from my local pond of trials. The son of a shepherd takes no shame in punishing simple minded fools.

It's perfect for the time you idiot.

Aye, go ahead and shed some fucking light into it. You know apparently more than I do.

Maybe he saw the second one, but even then I think it was on just a heavily urbanized island. I would like a game similar to pubgs with a theme like Blame!
>Constantly expanding city/shrinking mega city
>environmental dangers
This game does the genre horribly, I wish a super competent dev would give it a shot.

>join server
>die
>banned for being in the presence of a twitch streamer
Wtf

It's on an island. literally just google battle royale, and it'll fucking tell you this.

Game rules and for anyone who likes it is in for a treat because other devs will see it's success and create more games.

My guess is this game will be in early access indefinitely while competitors work on their own games. I just want more maps and maybe a few more weapons or vehicles. The controls can use more work but a shill told me there's be a vault or simple climb over ability soon.

The original Battle Royale took place on an entire island you stupid weeb, at least get your weebshit right

For some fucking reason I had the new movie "The Belko Experiment" also in mind ... my bad.
I read some movie critique a while ago praising it as a "western" battle royal.

Every time I watch a stream of this game it's just some guy driving around in a jeep for no apparent reason for like 20 minutes. Looks like the most boring game ever, maybe I'm just outgrowing popular games.

You people could at least TRY to do the bare minimum research by yourselves. Goddamn

>Arma 2 comes out
>Some guy makes a mod to make it more fun with a single elimination battle royale
>Arma 3 comes out
>Same guy hauls all of the work over to the new engine
>meanwhile DayZ is selling like hotcakes
>Same guy gets brought on to develop with H1Z1 for its own battle royale mode
>by now this specific genre is very popular if only because there are no other games like it somehow
>its even grabbed popularity in SEA due to the film Battle Royale
>by now almost everyone knows who the guy is
>Guy is PlayerUnknown
>ironically, he is now very known
>Korean studio contacts him and wants to fund a battle royale game made from the ground up with him at the helm
>guy puts his own username in the title and shouts out to everyone "Hey I got my own BR game with blackjack and hookers (eventually)"
>every big BR name makes the switch and tells everyone else to as well
>naturally, twitch tv factor takes affect
now here we are with the most successful release* since overwatch
*indefinitely in EA

maybe there's some inaccurate details in there but whatever. someone screencap this and just post it at the start of every pubg thread

Oh no. Not the streamers!

>streamers are cancer paid to stream and popularize garbage games!
>except when their opinion suddenly matters because I agree with it!

If only we got LOU:MP with 100 players... that would triump this shit so hard

Reminder, that there are unironic degenerate shill/shills browsing these threads to """"promote"""" this shit.

>le if you cannot get x4 scope you auto lose game

Imagine being so stupid that you believe that Sup Forums is one person

Imagine being so stupid that you believe your opinion matters, no matter who you are

pretty close to accurate though, weird start for the genre. I wonder if this shit will fizzle out or become popular.

>most successful release*

Why the actual fuck do you shills think that we give a fuck about whether something is popular?

We aren't stockholders, go take this argument to /biz/.

>How is this game different from every other survival games out there with the same formula?

other survival games are about crafting, building, and fighting NPCs like zombies or monsters.
this game is about 100 people getting dropped on an abandoned island and told to kill each other until only one is left alive.

it's a thing some people do

>drop from plane wherever the loot you want is
>gear up then find a car
>follow safe circles

you either then hide in a house or drive around looking for runners to splatters until you run out of gas

When your opinion can reach thousands of people it does

imagine being so butthurt about a post you make a reply

wait fuck

PC mongs happy they finally have a game hyping it up despite knowing it's shit, same thing with Nintendobabies and Splatoon.

weapons and attachments help. I'm fiend for shit that lets me do that. Especially when I don't have to deal with that other shit you mentioned.

Or maybe you're just retarded enough to watch other people play like retards, like the cuck you are.

It went from minecraft survival with zombies and guns to an open world CS deathmatch

It's no surprise it's popular, there's no other games like it.

first off its not the same formula if you mean by survival battle royale, cuz this game is not the survival i think ure thinking.

you can still compare to h1z1 but its not the same thing, its just the same thematic user, why did it blow up? idk its pretty fun

even then, it really doesn't. In the grand scheme of universal evolution, not a damn thing matter.

>not stockpiling frags, smokies, and bangers
literally all you need to win a game

>it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of the universe!

holy fucking shit you are retarded

Objective truth

it was the same with cowadoody crowd on xbox in 07 and 09 and the last of us crowd on ps3 and and the dark souls crowd on everything

so what's your fucking point?

The topic of this thread is literally the commercial success of the game, you weird little man.

>OP asks why it blew up so much
>answer why it blew up so much
>WTF ///WE/// DON'T CARE WHY IT BLEW UP
consider deleting your post
and stop using ""we"" when referring to yourself and only yourself

survival aspects suck because you have to waste time doing things just to make sure you don't die rather than actually progressing or actively doing anything

it's like working a dead end job in real life, working just to exist, video games are supposed to be fun

>ure
>cuz

I see youtube has decided to start posting.