Awful physics

>Awful physics
>Linear as shit despite being touted as a "return to open world"
>Generic NSMB art style
>Saturday morning cartoon theme song with vocals, which doesn't fit Mario at all
>Realistic humans, not fitting the Mario series in the slightest
>Generic looking HUD
>Power moons feel less satisfying to get than stars or shine sprites
>Barebones plot
>Bowser is the villain yet again
>Peach is a damsel yet again
>Broodals are just bunny Koopalings
>No game overs
>Level design is bland
>Less levels than Mario 64
>Yet another Mario game when we could've gotten Melee HD, Super Metroid 2, Mother 3, or a new F-zero game

Welp, that's it, Mario is dead. There will never be a Mario game as good as 64 and that makes me sad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VEIWhy-urqM
youtube.com/watch?v=qy8Sn6DHIi0
youtube.com/watch?v=EuYNxzSFRk8
youtube.com/watch?v=KYhmHovdBxY
youtube.com/watch?v=z29bt-wjS88
youtube.com/watch?v=qJsXoRYptG8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Your bait needs work user

Agreed. Mario just needs to fucking die at this point, as does Sonic.

Spotted the nintenbro.

This is pathetic

I don't know if Arms is really a success

This this this this! You guys are total geniuses!

God damn nintenbros are so pathetic.

Why is nobody replying to my thread?

I'm really worried about the moons. It seems like they prioritized quantity over quality. You get moon doing almost nothing.

Wow man, you love to samefag yourself don't you.

I'm not samefagging, you just can't stand it when people hate on Nintendo.

user you're gonna have to work better than that. I know you want people to reply to your shitty bait but not everyone is gullible.

I'd just like to see how thw game turns out in the end, I'm not getting a switch but just to play it hands-on is fine.

Its just the 64 style of star getting,

All me

I've seen this exact post before.

>Power moons feel less satisfying to get than stars or shine sprites
I mean they're faster to get and you can get a bunch of them, without the game being artificially longer, due to having to return to a hub world or something, after getting the star/shine sprite, but I prefer it kinda

everything else OP says is retarded. Mario games don't need anything more than a barebone plot, Peach is a fucking plot device, because the game needs a goal, so who the fuck cares? It's a videogame.

>return to open world

Why would quantity of moons prevent them from making difficult moons and challenges?

Except the posts I made user.

Wow OP you got a copy of the game already? Could you pass it along to me?

Damn OP how have you played it already?

I've never read anything so obviously written by an underage newfag as this post.

Hmmmm, I wonder who could be behind that post???

All these voices in my head count as different anons, so i swear im not samefagging here. Its not my fault, guys.

i don't think you can make this call, op
no one has played with it yet

just like your dick

>Be brand loyal to shitendo since the snes
>they come with the wii and pander to the most cancerous casual base and ruin videogames forever
I wish they died out already.

this theme was in breath of the wild and the possible trend worries me

>Arms

Okay, let's not go too far here.

OP here! You babies better stop making fun of me or I'll call the cops on you all!

I don't say that it's not possible, but if you see the videos, a LOT of moons are too easy.

>>Peach is a damsel yet again

IT'S NOT FAIR
IT WAS HER TURN
THIS IS DRUMPF'S AMERIKKKA
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>this entire thread
hello pokebarneyfag.

Agreed. This is just some weird garbage. Nintentards literally gobble up anything.

It's already a million-seller. Of course it's a success. Whether or not the game is actually good is a whole other question however
Anyway, usual leaf bait-thread so whatever.

autism

B8, but this still bothers me. Nintendo is pandering to literal children as they always have, not casuals. In fact, they've been trying to do new things to innovate. First with motion controls, then with the gamepad, and now by having a portable console.
If anything, it's the AAA titles being shoveled out on other platforms pandering to casuals. Uncharted, Fallout, etc.

yeah i totally agree that companies shouldn't try to appeal to a larger audience and make more money that's pretty fucking stupid amirite? shit dropped my mask

FUCK YOU GUYS. You ruined my great thread. THIS AIN'T FUNNY.

LOL EVERYBODY SHOULD MAKE MEDIOCRE SHIT FOR THE SAKE OF A QUICK BUCK
This is why capitalism failed

OP here, stop ruining my thread or I'm telling mom.

べイトです

Stop pretending to be me you great big stupid doodoo head

You replied to it so seems like his bait game is on point.

Stupid motion gimmicks and wii ruined video games forever
Now it is all rehashes of the same shit, no innovation, paid online, stupid gimmicks to pretend to bring new shit that are annoying and useless in practice, like their stupid "ice cube" motion gimmicks

nobody really wants a new f zero

Dabbing on the haters!

(._.)--/

>2017
>dabbing

#stopthedab

HERE WE GO

OFF THE RAILS

ITS TIME TO RAISE OUR SAILS

And it will still sell more than horizon, nier automata, persona 5, nioh and street fighter v.

My first console was the 64 and I loved Nintendo so much for the longest time. But I too agree that the recent shit they have pulled is unacceptable. They're not making games for their true fans anymore and their backwards way of thinking has caused them to be years behind the industry standard.

It's not b8, nintendo has changed a lot recently. They've always been for kids but Nintendo has gone from a nerf gun to full on fisher price. Amiibos are humiliating to own as an adult, they've completely isolated their older fanbase, that they know exists.

>>Generic NSMB art style

Alright, STOP IT!! This isn't a thread for shitposting!! NOW STOP!!

B-Back the fuck off?!

*dabs on you*

>Awful physics
>Linear as shit
How so?

>Barebones plot
>Bowser is the villain yet again
>Peach is a damsel yet again
Since when have these been a problem in Mario?

> There will never be a Mario game as good as 64

Well I guess Sunshine and Galaxy never existed.

I agree, Nintendo needs to embrace the mature audience by making more games with blood, violence, swearing, and rape. The fact they don't offends me as a hardcore gamer.

>replying to pasta bait

I came here for those delicious autism tears...and I'm going to leave soaking wet.

Now reeee for daddy!

>Melee HD
Lol never fucking ever
Based Nintendo leaving Meleebabies in the dust.

>No game overs
there is absolutely no reason for game overs in games where you progress is constantly saved

take mario 64 for example:
>lose a life
>get thrown out of the level, have to hop back into the painting and start the level over
>get a game over
>get sent to the title screen, have to hop back into the painting and start the level over

game overs only make sense for games that you're supposed to complete in one sitting, or games where the goal is to get a high score

I'm going to bed now. Thank you faggots for ruining my thread with your shilling and shitposting.

Well, since you've obviously played it yourself, how many worlds are there?

>Implying Sup Forums isn't one giant shitpost

People talking about what they don't like about the gameplay is autism but mass-replying isn't?

>posts a stale bait
>even left out the part about daisy (lul)
>is surprised when shitposters ruin it

>I started an obvious shitfest and got a shitfest what the fuck I didn't ask for this.

Those aren't as good, but nice try faggot.

>Galaxy didn't top 64 with its premise alone
Here's the (You) you wanted.

Be as sarcastic as you want, there's no denying that Nintendo has changed. I still love their classic games but a lot of their newer ones suck, and their attitude sucks.

Galaxy is linear as fuck and has wagglan

The motion gimmicks ruined it, you fucking nintendo dick sucker.

It also had far better control and feel than any of the past Mario's barring the control changing power ups. The wagglan you so despise was entirely optional except for a few platforming instances. Sorry you don't like me having the audacity of not caring about shaking your wrist for 0.5 seconds on occasion.

It's alright bro, much of Sup Forums shares the same sentiment. It's just the memeddit cucks that disagree and still defend nu-shitendo to this day. Shame they can't recognize the literal shit they're eating.

Spitting truth. Fucking give it to those retarded nugamers.

t. Miyamoto

?

>Galaxy is linear as fuck
That's because it's an actual platformer, it's objectively better than 64 for that reason alone.

>Generic hud
>he actually wants a hud that clutters the entire screen
The fact that the hud in this game is minimalist and is just a series of white fonts is one of my favorite things about it; it looks so clean

t. Windows 10 owner

I bet you also think 3D Land and World are better fag

See op now this is good bait

Saying Galaxy is linear as fuck is like saying 64 is open as fuck and expecting that to be a bad thing. I know you're baiting but you could at least put a little effort into it.

This. Linearity isn't automatically detrimental, and it shouldn't be when the game isn't trying to masquerade as something else. It is a linear platformer, so of course it's linear.

I prefer exploring a level for stars over going from planet to planet, whatcha gonna do about it faggot?

I prefer actual platforming, there's a good reason both Galaxy games were received better than 64.

That's just a matter of preference. That doesn't make the game bad just because you don't like it. It's an objectively good game. Presentation is excellent, as is the music and the environments. The platforming and obstacles are solid and the setting is inventive

Give up, dude.

>Saturday morning cartoon theme song with vocals, which doesn't fit Mario at all
Thank you

What does it even matter between Mario being linear or open? The series is usually good at both.

>memeddit cucks that disagree and still defend nu-shitendo
This is an 18+ board.

>Unironically hating an awesome voiced big band theme song sung by OG Waifu

64 has platforming, it's just that it's not all it has. The last levels are pretty much all platforming and so are any Bowser levels. I'll take exploring a level for stars through platforming over having a set obstacle course for each star.

>the music
youtube.com/watch?v=VEIWhy-urqM
youtube.com/watch?v=qy8Sn6DHIi0
youtube.com/watch?v=EuYNxzSFRk8
youtube.com/watch?v=KYhmHovdBxY
youtube.com/watch?v=z29bt-wjS88
youtube.com/watch?v=qJsXoRYptG8

Might be awesome for an anime

Mario is super anime dood.

>less mechanics and freedom
>actual platforming

>64 has platforming
Barely any, the Bowser stages are about it and it has incredibly fewer levels with less variety in the way the levels are set up. The moment to moment gameplay in Galaxy is far better because each level recontextualizes the platforming in an interesting way whether it's the gravity changers in Bowser's Reactors or the levels where each time you jump the blocks of a certain color will disappear.

If you're playing for exploration over platforming this isn't the series for you.

I agree.

You know user, you could just buy a Switch and enjoy it with us.

I'm not him and the Galaxy games are great but you're being obtuse if you believe that 64 doesn't have platforming. Just because you're not jumping from floating platform to floating platform doesn't mean that game isn't a platformer

>Barely any, the Bowser stages are about it and it has incredibly fewer levels with less variety in the way the levels are set up