>tfw no better game will ever be created
Why did we peak so early, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/219740/Dont_Starve/
youtube.com/watch?v=mDEIfEdO0Og
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Damn it Uther! As your future King I order you to ______________

purge that city

It's such a shame, wc3 was such an elaborate and expansive story, which all managed to stay coherent.
While wow is just a linear mishmash of bullshit soap opera drama.
Why is blizzard hitler?

no more good custom maps ever again

I replayed Reign of Chaos campaign and found it hilariously exploitable. For example, in purge mission all you gotta do it divide your into 4 squads and send them to different parts of the map, typically winning the game before Malganis breaks his first house. The mission with ships can be solo'd by Muradin since his hammer instagibs the ships, Arthas can solo the final mission.

I'm still wondering why no one has made an actual game of a map like Pimp my Peon or Footmen Frenzy yet.

>flashback to 2 weeks ago
>my friend is watching age of empire 2 streams
>I call him a faggot and challenge him to real age of empires 2
>get that shit running on 2 laptops, duke it out for a few days
>next friend comes in, asks us if we've ever played wc3, age of empires 2 reminds him of it
>hell yes we have
>load up wc3
>suddenly 4 computers laning maps and custom maps for the last week
We are having a blast. If anyone has any good suggestions of 2-4 player maps please give me your best.

Would you pay 10$ for it? No then fuck off.

I probably would, actually.

People paid millions for Dota, why not?

this game is literally wilderness survival with a flash art style.

store.steampowered.com/app/219740/Dont_Starve/

and its done pretty good, i'm sure theres alot more examples out there probable on the mobile market (think of tower defense maps)

wc3 will never be replicated because modding scenes like this don't exist anymore, they've become far too monetized. newgrounds suffered a similar fate.

Footmen frenzy is an entire thing, Dota was popular like frick. People would literally go to stores and ask for dota instead of warcraft 3. Now dota only had one game, sure there were other AoS types of maps but dota was in another league. Footmen frenzy has so many different versions it's unbelievable, which one would you use to get everyone to play it? And why would people pay 10$ to only play footman frenzy when there are a thousands of other games.

But hey if you're willing to give 10$ for just footmen frenzy give me 60$ and I'll make it for you. I'm already working on recreating Warcraft 3s multiplayer in UE4.

Actually I thought the hero system severely brought the game down as an RTS
Other than that, pretty good yeah

>Actually I thought the hero system severely brought the game down as an RTS
Why? Cause you can no lkonger zurgrush?

Grubby is the best

Nah, just too overpowered and completely changes the genre from a RTS to a hero based proto-ASSFAGGOTS

Overpowered as in one vulture mine blowing up 20 marines? Or overpowered as in nuke blowing up an entire base?

Why are you assuming I'm some kind of SC fanboy? Faggot.

WC3 was truly the last perfect game.

WC3 custom games are a phenomenon and experience of gaming that will never, ever be replicated again. Not ever.

Sorry I assumed your craftgender, typically SC fanboys are the ones complaining the most that WC3 ruined their childhood.

*blocks your path*

Will the remaster use Battle.net 2.0?

you think those are overpowered?

wc3 wasnt perfect, but it and sc were the birthplace of modbased gaming, which is neato

Wasn't there a custom map that completely recreated San Andreas? I'm sure I saw it

I prefer the base game than the expansion.

TFT is great but sometimes I feel like it relies too heavily on you controlling 2 bases/armies for difficulty rather than creating an interesting or unique way to make the mission hard

Not any more than any hero. Sure, level 10 Demonhunter can confidently wreck your entire army, but if you let him grow to level 10 in the first place you probably deserved it.

>Arthas can solo the final mission
bullshit
I tried it with many units on normal difficulty multiple times and failed
that mission is almost impossible

Turn the shield on
Start destroying buildings
Instakill the acolytes with heal as they try repairing it
You're done

>mfw a week ago I went to a goodwill and found a copy in great condition for 5 dollars
>mfw inside it not only had the cd key for the base game but also for frozen throne
>mfw neither of them were redeemed online
I've actually never played a warcraft game before, including WoW, but so far im having fun

divine shield

Warcraft wasn't just a game, it was perhaps one of the best engines to ever be made: keep in mind that WoW is running in this thing.

Pre-activison merger blizzard.

Holy shit. You are living a dream! I just wish I could play wc 3 for the first time.

I started playing this game after ignoring it for so long. First thing that impressed me was the day/night cycle.

I was playing broodwar with my friends instead of this because I wasn't really into fantasy and I thought it looked gay.

YouTD
Pokemon Defense
Darwin's Island
Random Units (prefferably drunk)
Uther Party
MineralZ
Fortress Survival (not my cup of tea, but my buddies love it)

Those are the ones I can come up with from the top of my head

I'm desperately waiting for my nephew to turn 12 so I can show him the light without my sister pushing my shit in again because muh age rating.

I mean damn sis, it was just Harry Potter...

post your face custom maps

>metastasis
>founders of the north

no other game has ever come close

pyramid escape
uther party ultima x
daalaran university
sprout td
youtd
worm war
tree tag
spellcraft
dota omg
tank wars
2p campaign

It's not the same people at blizzard anymore.

Has anyone made any custom content?

Yeah, but I only played it with my clan

once i was at holidays for a long time without internet and with an old laptop with wc3 so i started making some melee-like map but with nagas instead of humans/elves etc

ive edited some shitty but interesting maps to make them more playable

i once started creating a hero arena, kinda like fight of characters, but disk got fucked and i lost the map before i finished

I'd take random units, change their name/size/model/damage and fuck around with it until I make a new one

Is that pyramid escape?

WC3 invented DOTA

Friendly reminder that Arthas did LITERALLY nothing wrong
>you cannot deny this

forgot to post rest before I asked this
I'm trying to make a custom warchasers map with fancy gui triggered stuff.

So far added necromancer passive Soul Shield that gives him a personal shield that regens over time, increasing it's maximum by a small amount and allowing him to cast on allies for a short time.

I've also added in a base Shield / Temporary health thing in place of major healing as I wanted the Checkpoint "well's that are essentially like bonfires from dark souls with limited healing reserve that ties into a singular item "Entropic coin"

being near a unit's death with coin equipped stores a portion into the coin that can be later used to fuel the wells for good kill to heal ratio or just simply raw healing for a shittier ratio, ultimately to res if you die you need a threshold amount but I'm still working on it.

Because warcraft has so few item slots and because I'm too lazy to incorporate jass or the fancy systems that have a million things to import, I'm adding Risk of rain type power ups that are so far simply ripped from the game

So far crit, crit damage, crowbar (50% bonus dmg to enemies above 80% hp), and chain lightning chance on attack. which all work really well since a damage engine i'm using is so fucking awesome.

i'm still semi active in the modding scene but i never mad a successfull map. mostly focusing on tools

Drew some shity fan art for this game a few days ago, wc3 is my favorite game of all time replay it all the damn time. I cant wait for wc4 even though i KNOW blizzard will fuck it up completely

>tfw realising that Wc3 is now considered to be a retro game few people know or associate the word 'warcraft' with
It's so weird because as 90s slav I grew up with the mindset of Wc3 being THE game

4craft will be announced soon.
don't off yourself yet, boys

>no better Warcraft game will ever be created
Fixed

>Why did we peak so early, Sup Forums?
Sadly, the industry's makeup and approach changed. What used to be a bunch of geeks making money by making good games for other geeks, has now turned into businessman making money by running micro economies disguised as games.

if you remember warchasers it has twin paths resulting in the same end, i've made these into two paths that i'm trying to make into strengths & weaknesses to the heros that encounter them.

Like one i've played around with was a really good item in plain sight, grabbing it spawns a bunch of skeletons over time, they don't spawn like instant like normal summons but instead slowly raise from the ground with that nice birth animation

Another was a health stone that sits in a fairy ring, taking it reveals treants that come from all sides, but further down the road the treants come out of all corners of the map for revenge.

cat and mouse was pretty fun if i remember correctly

Revenge of the Niggers is the best.

warlock
elimination tournament
gemtd
uther party
escape builder reloaded

I still distinctly remember the feeling of being utterly blown away by Warcraft 3's cutscenes, that shit was a thing of utter fucking beauty.

>played TFT for 8 years
>never touched a single custom map
I don't understand people who buy the best strategy of all time to use it as an engine for random DUDE 1000000000 FOOTMEN meme maps or fucking Dota

non-meme custom maps exist as well

everyone know that.

because you dont always want to play the same thing and this game is like a million games in one

try sunken city map

I remember playing some pirate mod. Atmospheric as fuck. Tried finding it again a couple of months ago, but found a multiplayer-only pirate map or something.

>same thing
Professional players spent their whole careers playing just one race because the game was this complex. Being good at two was considered godly.

the editor allows nearly any kind of gameplay

you can make an entire new race of fucking kobolds or a god damn racing game with diablo in it.

A fucking game like dota spawned from warcraft 3's editor and without people with creativity and autismal patience we would be stuck playing nothing but starbloat2 for eternity

The game itself was quite medicore, extremely slow and really just boiled down to cheesing stuff.
What made it so popular and big was purely because of the custom games,I bet most people that bought this game did not even touch the campaign.

campaign is well worth to spend if you have the time to kill

Many RTS are like that. Half of Red Alert 2's mission can be rushed if you already know what to do.

Hero Wars

It's like DotA if it were good and the minions actually meant something

>red picks All Random instead of pick or mirror mode
>inevitably get shafted with a shit hero
>be base bitch the whole game and just upgrade troops and build towers
>eventually the troops do ranged chaos damage
>at this point the heroes are super strong
>but they're not strong enough to deal with ranged chaos damage troops + hydras + ability waves + priests etc
>win the match specifically because of my trooping
>teammates say "GG (user) was useless tho"
;_;

Never understood why people liked warcraft3. In my country, all the faggots played it in gaming rooms and shit, but i didn't like it. Graphics were too cartoony, aoe was tons better.

Holy shit I always thought that was only a slavic proverb.

>

Imagine if they remade WC3 campaign but instead of RTS you play as 3rd person Dark Souls styled combat

There are lots of third-person action style custom maps, actually. I remember playing that stupid Snipers map a lot

Arguable had one of the best if not the best map modding communities in existence. I hate WC3 melee but I've played custom maps religiously in my time.

>tfw Dota 2 map maker will never be as user friendly as worldedit
>tfw even if it was nobody is going to DO IT FOR FREE

Losing school friends to Dota was a traumatic experience. We used to gather at the local LAN clubs for all-nighters and played 3v3 and 4v4 ladder (which was hilariously easy to clumb into top 100 if you had any cooperation going on) but then one by one they started playing this abominable map, until I was left all alone.

that's not because its a good engine, it's because Blizzard has thrown 5 normal studios worth of devs at upgrading it. It's a very different beast from what it was.

That's it, now I have to play it again

>that body

What, you start with barely any troops. I mean, yeah, you can get a great headstart if you immediately start purging before building up an army, but splitting your tiny army up at the start seems like it wouldnt help a lot.
>muradin instantkill ships
Im petty sure in some patches that is actually bugged in that they made spells unable to target structures (in the past muradin could stormbolt buildings) and thus you couldnt kill ships

Went and checked it just 4U.
Its the last patch, ships have normal armour so they don't count as structures.

I know the feeling my man

Love me some warchasers. I hope I'll find the map when you finish.

The Human campaign is very easy in comparison to the rest.

I didn't find the campaign "hard" till the Orc missions where you help Grom destroy 3 Alliance bases on Kalimdor. This is the first time in the campaign that enemies attack frequently, so your base will commonly get attacked while your army is away attacking another base.

The Frozen Throne campaign doesn't get hard till the Undead campaign.

suspenderoni your pepperoni

I love the orc mission where Grom gets CORRUPTED. It starts as night elves demolish three of your bases while you can do nothing but stand and watch, and keep pressing while you keep hopelessly slapping towers everything, but then you drink from the cola fountain and destroy everything in one swift charge. Felt fucking amazing.

Lol, no you're wrong.

There's a lot of campaign maps the heroes can basically solo, they're pretty stupid powerful when used properly. From memory I think Arthas was probably one of the worst thanks to the invincibility skill, used properly the ai can't do a goddamn thing about you, he'll just slowly chisel his way through an entire base.

>join a public RP map (DoBRP, SotDRP)
>everyone chooses to be a wanderer except me
>be me a city builder
>takes hours with effort to build an amazing city with detail
>everyone either leaves from boredom, drop from lag or the server splits

Makes me think - is it possible to recreate Space Station 13 in WC3? If yes why wasn't it done yet?

I remember doing that mission a few years back and didn't drink the blood, then getting super annoyed when after somehow managing to destroy all the Night Elf buildings, realising Cenarius has devine armor and couldn't be killed without chaos damage.

Every single time
That's why I made my own lobbies and banned wanderers

Because our expectations were lower

youtube.com/watch?v=mDEIfEdO0Og