Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age sales in Japan have topped three million

Square Enix announced at the Dragon Quest Summer Festival 2017 event today that Dragon Quest XI has surpassed three million in total units shipped and digital sales in Japan.

The game is headed to Westward in 2018.
Read more at siliconera.com/2017/08/06/dragon-quest-xi-surpasses-3-million-shipments-digital-sales-japan/

youtube.com/watch?v=bUNbAD2FLrA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=svx2_6-NP5Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't care that we didn't get X

Have any other triple A JRPG bombed as hard as DQ? Fucking FF XIV fucked it over and came all over it´s face. DQ is dead long live FF.

what?

If only we didn't have another DQXI thread!

Isn't she supposed to be an ally? Why does she turn evil? Sorry, haven't played the series.

Are you confusing DQ with some other game?

She gets fucked silly by the demon lord and betrays your party

Are you genuinely autistic?

Are FFags really this deluded?

just watched a gameplay video, what a fucking boring game i fell asleep

>the music
sounds like an 8 year old freeware synth program, is this going in the final game or is it a placeholder? I mean grinding to your own tunes is a rpg staple but goddamn

I don't see the appeal.
Watching lenghty repetitive animations and fades to white every time you attack or do something is just silly and takes me out of the game.

I'm banned.

The video is showing off a collaboration of team attacks.

You don't know DQ if you think it'll ever have a soundtrack better than PS1 era midi.

All the DQ x FF crossover games use FF music during promo except for a new arrangement of the DQ theme.

Gameplay looks pretty boring, but that artstyle is killer. I would love to play an action game with that kind of style.

I don't know the first thing about DQ, I'm imagining it's 3d disgaea: lots of characters, lots of grind

I don't speak hiroshima so no interest until now

It's just a JRPG series most notable for being one of the oldest JRPG series. It's also run by the laziest team in existence.

What's her name Sup Forums?

Visuals look great but I'd only play it if they switch to real-time combat. And they won't because I'm not their audience.

Martina

Dragon Quest Heroes

>Make game featuring slutty loli
>It sells well in Japan

woah...

Sounds familiar.

Same as FF then

I've heard PS4 version has ATB
Which I hate so I'm pkaying the 3DS version
But you might like it better

>slutty loli
>Veronica
she's not a loli

I'd actually say that DQ is bigger than FF there.

youtube.com/watch?v=svx2_6-NP5Y

If the regular PS4 can only do 900p, what will the Switch version do?

>It's also run by the laziest team in existence
What? They make top-tier games every time, unlike FF, how is that lazy?

>read more at

seriously nobody even bothers to call out actual marketers and blog ads anymore

Putting massive tits on an 11 year old doesnt change anything m8.

It's easy to make a top tier game when you've literally been making the same game since the 80s.

720p probably. Which is fine by me since I prefer playing DQ games handheld.

>I haven't played the game but I'm going to shitpost anyway
Just another day on Sup Forums

I never played a single DQ game

They're different, actually
I'm going to sound like a nintentard but they really aren't rehashes, each has their own unique mechanics.

720p if they just do a cheap fast port by justr disabling some post processing effects to get the framerate up.

I'd prefer if they saw a little more effort and tweaked the art style to look more like DQ8 for the switch version.

I put it in a spoiler tag for a reason.

IT'S NOT FAIR

>You don't know DQ if you think it'll ever have a soundtrack better than PS1 era midi.
Dragon Quest VIII says what?

In DQV you travel to become a king and your party is first your father, then your wife and kids. It's the grandest adventure in teh whole genre. Go play it.

DQ is super sentai of videogames.

They give them a slightly different gimmick and new suits but ultimately it's the same show every year with the same stories like the body swap episode or curry.

FF has always been the Rider to DQs sentai. People even talk about FF the same way people talk about Showa, Heisei, and post-Decade Heisei.

15 is the Wizard and Ghost of FF at the same time.

I've never played a Dragon Quest game
I can read Japanese

which one would be a good start?

I need this game.

This dragon looks so cute, its a shame he is clearly the enemy.

Nah the power gap is way larger. You'll be glad if it's even 540p in the PS4's level of quality.

How do Orcs in the game look?

like pigs

dat jiggle

Damn FFXV is a failure of a game. Be glad that DQ has someone like Horii around to SE from ruining DQ aswell. If Sakaguchi was around, I'll promise you he'd never let things get this bad.

Good.

The fuck? Is the Vita really more powerful?

do you guys think they're really adding VAing for the NA release?

Switch isn't really that powerful at all. It's still just a handheld at the end of the day with a console gimmick. It can't compare at all to PS4 or even Xbone. If it did, they'd release DQ on Switch aswell. But the hardware requires vast downgrades across the board to get it in a playable state.

Start with DQVIII if you want the true Dragon Quest adventure feel.

Which DQ games should I play before XI comes out?

PS4 actually has both. You can choose turn-based (traditional) or Free-move turn-based (Neptunia). It doesn't have instanced real-time (Tales) or real-time (FFXIV)

I'd imagine that they're prioritizing translating the game so they can get it out as soon as possible due to the huge amount of text, so adding voice acting likely isn't high on their list.

They have literally already said that DQ11 is coming out on Switch.

is the mandarin dress in dq8 worth it? i've actually given up on finding the last mini medal because im just too fucking lazy to look at every single place again, and guides are inconsistent

Im so mad the loli is fake

Well, action-adventure preferably. But I might check that out, thanks.

Well the vita version runs at even lower res than the switch version.

If BotW can run on the switch as well as it does then it only comes down to dev laziness if the port runs bad. Obviously it's gonna look worse/different but that's a given.

I honestly would not mind if they kept the blips and bloops. I love that shit so much.

dumb gooks paying to look at white people

But why

it was literally spoiled in the opening moments of the trailer, and her character description says how she "hates being treated like a child".

why knot

Moar

So? Im still mad.

Something wrong?

Does DQ Heroes require much Japanese knowledge? Thinking of getting it on the Switch

Welp another thread ruined

k go kick rocks, pedo.

It's not worth it, the port is horrible.

kill yourself freak

I need more.

It's in English.

Can you romance the girls of your party?

No, but the Vita port has been developed a lot better and also runs at a lower resolution than the Switch port, Vita was a pretty powerful machine for its time but it can't compete with the Switch, obviously.
It's just that devs don't really care about the Switch, really, that's all there is to it.

never played Dragon Quest before, where should I start?

4 or 8.

Why isn't it on the english eshop then? Is SQEX retarded? Should I even be asking that?

Toriyama is a genius.

5 or 8
4 if you don't mind mobile

game won't let you romance best girl, because she's your sister
enjoy this milquetoast childhood friend trope!

Why would the PS4 version be on Nintendo's shop?

3, 4, 5, and 8 are the best ones
1 and 9 are okay
2 is very archaic and frustrating but you might like it
6 and 7 can suck my knob
10 is never ever
11 seems cool from the 30 minutes i've played the japanese version on my 3ds

I don't own any sonyshit, nig.

Oh that's what you meant. I don't own a PS4. I have a switch and a PC. I would go PC but I like handhelds.

She's not slutty and she has the mind of an older woman. Please be respectful.