Gameplay looks great

>Gameplay looks great.
>Roster is disappointing for MvC but hardly terrible for a 2v2 game.
>The awful faces are supposedly getting fixed.

If this is what a terrible game looks like then I guess I'm a capcbro with the world's lowest standards.

I'm just glad to see a new MvC in the year of our lord 2017. A year ago that idea would seem laughable. If X-men and Dr.Doom were confirmed to be returning as DLC I would have zero reservations about buying this.

Other urls found in this thread:

eventhubs.com/moves/mvci/ryu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It looks like trash user.

Series shouldve died with 2.

FPBP. Shills have been left behind and need to go somewhere else.

2, the one with the unbalanced as fuck gameplay and 90% recycled roster.

Nostalgiatard hypocrite.

3 was okay. Maybe because it only had TWO characters as DLC, instead of the what, two or three dozen they have planned?

60 bucks and shitty DLC were enough to turn me off. Fuck off with that noise.

Capcom fandom's Stockholm Syndrome is unnerving.
Anyone who willingly gives money or attention to any fighting games these fuckers make is contributing to the continued death of the genre.

This is nothing new, Fighting Games have been masters of bleeding fans dry for decades now.

I guess i never cared about it being balanced or not, 2 was just about having a good time not competitive fighting.

2 is a lot more visually appealing , pretty decent soundtrack, and just overall a lot more fun than 3 and looks like itll be better than infinite.

Youre looking at it through the eyes of competitive fighting, which is fine for you, but i never cared. I just enjoyed playing the game.

>Anyone who willingly gives money or attention to any fighting games these fuckers make is contributing to the continued death of the genre.

ArcSys sells glorified DLC packs as brand new versions of their games. This isn't some outrage, this is par for the course. Fighting Games are overpriced because they have a niche appeal.

Only things i liked about 3 were the comic book page theme it had going and some of the music was cool. Otherwise. No thanks.

No Gwenpool/Wolvie/Wright no buy

who is the evil looking ironman?
and who is the evil looking ironman dlc?

>gameplay looks great

but it plays like shit. i refuse to play a capcom game that removes the shoryuken motion because its "too complicated" and puts in double forward motions instead.

the series is dead.

>removes the shoryuken motion because its "too complicated" and puts in double forward motions instead
is this true?

No, you can turn off simpler motions in Options.

>Capshills desperately trying to boost sales of a garbage game last minute

This seems so familiar...

You're half a decade too late to be bitching about MvC casualizing inputs.

did they actually implement this? it was something i said they should do from the beginning but havent heard about it until now. might actually play it if this is true, but not until the full version comes out in a few years. there's literally no reason to buy it on release when you know all the DLC will be bundled together in an ultimate ediiton

Ultron.

Antman.

no one said i liked three, buddy. and i hate that the ps3 version of MVC2 has only light and heavy kicks - i have no fucking idea what they were thinking when they put that in

Why are you avatarfagging?

Some people streaming it at E3 said you can, yeah.

Except DR4 was outsourced trash that completely missed the point of Dead Rising while Infinite looks like an all around improvement over MvC3 gameplay.

Why are we suddenly getting invaded with all these capcom shills?

idk why someone would do that
it's against the rules of the site

so people know its me theyre replying to.
and i started watching it again yesterday with my gf

>another MvC game
>you know it will have zero story
>the amount of writing direction put into it will be almost zero
>you can see the aesthetic department is almost zero

it'll be another barebones fighter where new players will have no idea who the fuck anyone is and the rest won't care.
compare that with Mortal Kombat, where you actually care about the origins of the character.

That's what trips are for if you're that worried about people getting mixed up, and those don't break the rules.

>tfw the only characters that interest me are Jedah and Venom

>caring about the story in mortal kombat

you're joking, right

they god rid of jedah's blood :(

>suddenly
People aren't gonna lie about their honest opinions just because someone tells you you're not supposed to feel that way. This isn't reddit.

wtf fuck this game

where in my post did i say anyone cares about the story of MK.
i said "where you actually care about the origins of the character."
huge fucking difference, kid, upgrade your reading comprehension.

they're just trying to be disney/espn friendly!

What about the interactions?

you know that is a lie. The dp motion is still around, they just added shortcuts like in SF4.

Not him, but I wish they were more dynamic than just line changes--like in Third Strike.

Honestly, the faces don't upset me since they're only really visible during the splash screens, which is just for about a split second every time.

What really concerns me is the art style, or rather the absolute lack thereof. XvSF through MvC1 looked great, MvC3 had an awesome and unique comic look, hell MvC2 was dated but I still loved the CPS2 sprite style.

See, that's the thing; it's not that the graphics are bad, it's that the visuals are a whole lot of NRS-brand nothing. TvC definitely looked outdated for its time, yet it holds up because of its stylization. They can fix the faces with a day one patch, but chances are slim that they will patch in an art style. Still holding out hope that better lighting is all that's needed, though

Based on the demo and what I've seen, the gameplay looks solid, but hardly "great"

I'm more optimistic about the game. It's hard to deal with generic redesigns, shittier voice acting, and awful music, but I can get past all of those things if the game is still good.

>suddenly

There is a SFV thread up at almost all times trying to trick people into playing that shitfest by claiming Sup Forums is bad and that's why they hate it, or by spamming bullshots at some of the females during the rare moments where the game isn't completely hideous

You can really switch it from down down to traditional DP for characters that aren't Ryu? You aren't just talking about turning off autocombo and easy hyper combo, are you?

I hope you don't plan on playing DBFZ then.

I think he just means that as of the past few days there have been a number of FChamp-tier posts on Sup Forums shaming people for not sucking Capcom's dick and saying that if they don't support SFV and MvCI then the FGC will die and be taken over by Smash/NRS and we'll have to go back to the "dark ages" of no esports buttdartery or casualization for "hype" and non-fighting game players--the horror!

That is, the past few days in particular there has been a surge.

anything with a DP motion sfv and sfv can be done with down forward X2. now instead of that shortcut, the new shortcut is just Down Down. But Sup Forums doesn't play fighting games. you fuck heads don't know simple shit like that.

It saddens me that people consider that the dark age instead of the best time for fighting games. Esports was a mistake.

>shortcut
Is it really just that? I don't remember DP working in the demo, though it's been a while since I touched it. Pardon if it's a new development, I'll admit that I haven't been following this game as intently as of late.

>Gameplay looks great
No. No it doesn't. Did you play the demo?

Also easy automatic has always been a part of the vs. series since like x-men vs streetfighter.

so are you trying to say that the origins of a character is something separate from their story and not a part of the larger story of the mortal kombat universe? because thats fucking retarded

>I'm just glad to...
>I'm glad to get raped since it's the only human contact I can have

Ah... the modern audience. So predictable.

That doesn't bother me, the autocombos are unoptimized as fuck and all you're doing is replacing a simple button sequence with a slightly simpler one.

Could you answer my question though? Is the extent of it just turning off autocombos/easy hypers or is there in fact switching inputs back to the traditional ones?

Ryu's DP is still a 623, all other DPs are 22. It likely has the same input leniency system as SF4/5 which means any forward, any down, and any forward will give you a DP for Ryu. 916 is a DP if you want it to be.

eventhubs.com/moves/mvci/ryu/

>anything with a DP motion sfv and sfv can be done with down forward X2

This isn't even true. DP needs to be at least down forward, down, down forward. down forward twice does not give you a DP in SF4 or SFV.

>>The awful faces are supposedly getting fixed.
Where have I heard this before?

>A game that is meant to be a celebration of the most iconic characters of two franchises has a shitty roster.
>Some Capcomfag insultingly says character don't matter because they are just functions
Fuck off with your garbage. Come back when you have decided to respect the fans. Otherwise stay gone, bitch.

but it does work. because when you do down forward down forward you get one of those. Stop being so fucking pedantic.

I'm aware that Ryu still has the traditional DP.

Someone else () responded to someone mentioning the removal of the DP input was claiming that "you can turn off simpler motions in Options"

Is this true or false? Do we know if you can go into options and switch the 22P input that Captain America, Dante, Zero, etc. have back to 623P?

It's because a few days ago James Chen said something about being more positive and not constantly shit on Capcom and people got mad.

you are not going to play this game you fucking anime nerd.

roster is dogshit, graphics are dogshit, presentation is dogshit, they're already gouging consumers with DLC before the game even starts, main antagonist is a fucking DLC character

when fans still buy the game and it sells 500k copies.

There are just flat-out better looking, more reliable fighting games coming out that blow this away. Regardless of personal tastes, Tekken 7 and Revelator 2 are extremely good video games with a very clear layer of extra visual and design and balance polish that the demos have barely shown. The fun of simplified controls is not going to last. And they now have Fantasy Strike trying to compete directly in "casual friendly flashy fighting game". SFV took months just to add basic features, and its attractive colorful visuals allow it to remain broadly appealing for spectators despite abysmal actual sales of the game from those spectators.

MVCI doesn't even have visual appeal. It is an ugly fucking game. Even if you have free tag team combos and power stone shit it's not going to carry the game if it's so ugly no one wants to look at it. Whether or not the rumor about Disney is interfering with their art direction is true or not, there's no denying that something went wrong at Capcom and even the guys at the top of the company don't seem to have a clue about it until 3 months before it ships. That's mismanagement and not encouraging in the slightest.

More power to them then. I think it's shit and won't buy it.

>Is this true or false? Do we know if you can go into options and switch the down down P input that Captain America, Dante, Zero, etc. have back to forward down down-forward P?
Better? Going to answer my question now?

>no wolverine
>no doom
>no magneto
>no storm
it's not marvel
it's literally just not marvel

lol at all these shills.

Thankfully, I'm Sup Forums as fuck. I can easily spot when something is a part of the approved consensus and when something is a paid off opinion. You can stop trying shills, you won't be able to influence me.

The core gameplay looks like it has the potential to be a good stream game, though I'm worried that REALITY STONE and DRONE might lead to too much keepaway play.

Everything else looks so flaccid that it's going to cause the game to underperform, a feat considering how successful Injustice is and how popualr the MCU is. They should have either pumped more money into this or not have bothered at all.

If this was marketed as an Avengers fighting game and not Marvel vs Capcom, people wouldn't even be mad.

Is monster hunter for sure in? If so that's a buy from me.

In case you're thinking "oh it's just some Goofy Goober trying to shit on this and shill DBFZ," perhaps I should specify: I fucking love Capcom's back catalogue and I love every prior versus game. I WANT this game to be good. I am not asking because I want to hound it down. If you told me "yes, it is confirmed that you can use the classic inputs that you prefer" then I would actually be more inclined toward this game.

I was hyped as fuck back when the leaks about this game's very existence were coming out, and I tried to stay hyped even when things were looking worse and worse, yet this game has constantly been doing its damndest to kill my hype with every new development. I want this to be good. I want to like it. I just can't when all this shit is happening.

>Roster is disappointing for MvC but hardly terrible for a 2v2 game.
Its fucking awful for a crossover game, if this was just an All star Capcom fighter then it'd be good but you never remove characters in a crossover.

You are not going to play this game nor buy it. So shut up and go play a moba or something.

The only ones who doesn't look like shit is Jedah, everything else looks recycled from past-gen games or worse.

Who's the character below Ghost Rider?

No because making it a MvC game comes with the weight that comes with being a pre-established franchise. The bar is set high by previous installments in the series and consumers of said franchise will rightfully complain if it's not meeting their standards.

Winter Soldier?

>All star Capcom fighter
>tfw never ever

Ah, I get it. Well played. I'm going to stop responding now, but have one last (You), you earned it. I'll assume that the stuff about switching back inputs was in fact bullshit.

>unironically calling people shills in a game that is literally a paid marketing ploy

stop falling for /r/kappa bait

everyone who has played the proper versus demo (not the story demo which wasnt polished) has said its the best in the series and gameplaywise its incredibly deep

but all of the sudden Sup Forums doesnt care about gameplay because its been hijacked by reddit so they spam unfunny memes

also you could do a DP and get the dp even with down down as an input, Since most modern capcom fighters only care about cardinals. It might count the the last down forward as the other down. I don't have the game so I can't say.

-BleuBerri :)

I swear to god 2 is so fucking overrated it's insane.

this

/r/kappa has truly become a cancer that shits on anything capcom desspite the fact they dont play fighting games

its funny since fighting games have never been bigger and sfv always pulls in massive viewers and infinity will be just as big if not bigger. they are listening to criticisms and making the game so much better which very few devs do

I mean they certainly weren't fixed but they gave it a try.

gameplay is not the only thing that matters

if I can't play as the characters I like and want to play, I don't care. it's one of the reasons Street Fighter 3 was a disaster. people have the right to be upset when you remove such massive series mainstays.

it's a downgrade in every single aspect but gameplay. it can't be ignored.

If they were smart, they would have done that. They got greedy and went for the MvC legacy. Problem is that Capcom alone doesn't have the resources anymore to pull off a satisfying game that size anymore, especially if Marvel dictates that many characters cannot be used.

The hate for Capcom fighters has somehow created an alternative pocket dimension where Neatherrealm and ArcSys make fairly priced fighting games that can do no wrong.

even though 3 is sort of filled with world warrior functions. Most of them are not 1:1. But riffs on the world warrior roster.

Go to bed friend. You've been at this all day.

We know he'll be playable eventually, but we don't know if he's in the base roster or DLC.

>cross game
>Roster is disappointing
>dlc

-NikkiKnacks :)

Remember last time they made a Marvel game they were still dealing with a more or less independent Marvel. Now they have to deal with the mouse.

>playing any mvc after 2

kids have terrible taste

You shouldn't openly admit to going on reddit here or people might say mean things to you.