Which one is the better console for $250?

Which one is the better console for $250?

If you have a PC: PS4
If you don't have a PC: Still PS4

PS4

ps4 hands down.
and i dont even have a console

Xbox

As a owner o both consoles.. ps4 all the way

Add $50 and buy a Switch.

THIS

Xbots to dumb to finish the saying the whole name of their console

PS4 but if you have friends go for X1 (in case you have)

thats because friends always make terrible choices

Nah

Xbox One is nearly worthless, I wouldn't buy Xbox One X for anything more than $50 with what it offers, PlayStation is priceless because you can't put a price on masterpiece games

The Xbone X offers a lot in terms of hardware and capabilities, just that Xbox needs more games. They have some gems on there, but they literally don't support anything that isn't Halo or Gears extensively.

>Spending $400 to play shovelwares and indieshit
I think I'll use the money to upgrade my GPU instead.

>to dumb
What was that Sonyfaggot?

>250+50=400

Yeah why buy a console that has been out for a while and has a big game library.
When you can buy a console at it's most expensive with not to many games and may flop and get discontinued in the next 3 years.

Xbone has backwards compatibility and collections like Rare Replay that are definitely well worth their price. It also has the better online service and the more user friendly interface, and games overall have a higher attach rate.

PS4 generally has the higher amount of exclusives, though unless you're a weeb or choose to play multiplats on PC, it's honestly not as great as everyone makes it out to be. If you like cinematic experiences and remasters/remakes, then yeah, it's pretty good, especially if you really want to play Bloodborne.

The PS4.

Fighting over console graphics is like fighting over whether Burger King or Mcdonalds is healthier.

Hardware aside go with PS4, ive been an Xbox person all my life but I have to admit, Infamous Second Son was fucking amazing and my favorite game of this gen.

>>>PS4 generally has the higher amount of exclusives, though unless you're a weeb or choose to play multiplats on PC, it's honestly not as great as everyone makes it out to be. If you like cinematic experiences and remasters/remakes, then yeah, it's pretty good, especially if you really want to play Bloodborne.

This guy knows whats up. PS4 is shit if you want to play actual "games".

Even the Wii U lasted 5 years without even doing as well as the Switch.

give an example of actual "games"

this honestly. look at all of the PS4 exclusives and see if they interest you, if not, go for Xbox.

Killer Instinct, Rare Replay, Sunset Overdrive, Recore (Which I personally didn't enjoy, but maybe someone else will)

Do you like weebshit or SCE games? Get a PS4.
Are you a burger who likes backwards compatability and Halo? I guess grab an Xbone, I dont know if its good or not

>They have some gems on there, but they literally don't support anything that isn't Halo or Gears extensively.
I think the problem is that MS chased off a lot of people away from them during the Kinect era of Xbox, and though Phil Spencer is doing a decent job of repairing the Xbox brand the problem is that some of their newer games either feel focused tested to hell, or people are skeptical of buying them because they're also on Windows 10. Sure they aren't on steam, but I would imagine loads of people are playing the wait and see approach and that would turn off lots of potential buyers.

If only they had just 1 fucking game like Scalebound optimize for the Xbone X I would feel much better about it, Instead we have Rare Replay and Crackdown that won't even show off the Xbox One X hardware, it's a waste, Scalebound didn't look perfect but it was supposed to be a huge 50+ hour RPG with dragons, how bad could it have been? Kamiya is a pretty good director, the loss of Scalebound was the last straw for me, Xbox desperately needed that game

If you had to choose between shit and shit.

Go with the shit that at least has a bigger library.

Which one is that?

Who knows..

If you don't have a PC: If you do have a PC: Daily reminder that PC + Nintendo is objectively the best combo.

not even going to belittle your choices, if thats what you're in to, fine

however, the other side has street fighter, crash bandicoot, ratchet & clank, infamous, spiderman, uncharted, the last of us, god of war, etc.

Anything that doesn't rely heavily on cinematics/cutscenes or sex appeal.

So... ???

Name a game.

there are still some good exclusives that the shitbone and weebostation share.

Also this is the first year of the Switch's life, and there really isn't a console seller yet.

>Daily reminder that PC + Nintendo is objectively the best combo
Almost.

PC+PS+Nintendo is the best combo.
Get all the games, and don't need an Xbone.

>SFV
Eh...
... Meh...

So... 95% of the PS4s catalogue, faggot.

As an xbone owner, learn from my mistake, and buy a PS4.

i dont like it either but you named fucking recore so we're clearly talking about someone's specific tastes and not just good games

Bloodborne is unironically shit. I'll never understand why you autists love this shit so much.

What are you even trying to say?

Are you going to name an "actual game" or not?

PS4 has the higest attach rate 7:1
and PS4 has the best games by far, The Last Guardian, Uncharted, Infamous, Gravity Rush, tons of smaller Japanese games, and the future is full of potential system sellers, God of War, Spiderman, Death Stranding, Tlou2, and the list goes on and Sony still has unannounced games

Implying pc games are not shovelware and indie shit

Other than Halo, Gears and Forza there's barely a reason to get Xbone over PS4.
>Also this is the first year of the Switch's life, and there really isn't a console seller yet.
Agreed, Splat and Zelda look good but I'm waiting another year. It's not like my PC library is getting smaller.

>picking more than 2 of the 4 options
Grats on good job/smart with money but you're autism and indecisive.

>Street Fighter
>Crash Rehashicoot
>Ratchet & Clank #34679: Post film edition
>Fucking Marvel capeshit
>Male Laura Croft #4

>Good

Disgusting.

Probably PS4
>bloodborne
>monhan world
>yakuza games
>that weird smt persona game that everyone keeps talking about

Xbone only has one game on it I want to play, but I really want to play Horizon 3
>W10
No

>Daily reminder that PC + Nintendo is objectively the best combo.

That's debatable nowadays because most Nintendo consoles are getting easier and easier to emulate. I guess if you're talking about getting them as soon as they get discontinued and modding them will be retard-safe.

Dont forget Yakuza 0.

Newfag exposed
lurk more

Xbox has some multiplayer games that can keep you busy for a long time. Halo 5, Killer Instinct, Gears 4. Sadly, those are the only 3 on my radar. Gigantic was one, but now it's on Steam and non-Windows 10.

/.monhun world
*also on xbox and PC

>you're autism and indecisive
For wanting to play games? This is the stupidest shit I've ever heard.

It's not a war you fucking sperg. It's a hobby.
You're not indecisive for wanting to play both PlayStation exclusives and Nintendo exclusives, you just enjoy video games.

I've had a PS4 for three weeks or so now and I haven't enjoyed a single fucking ***ExclooSivE*** that I've tried this far.

I am unpleasantly underwhelmed at this point.

Seriously, why would anyone think Uncharted is good?

>PS4 has higher attach rate
Is that why games die quicker than they do on Xbone?

We very clearly weren't talking about "good" games, when he opens by listing fucking Recore and Sunset Overdrive.
The game stated his taste, I replied with some games on the other side that might interest him.

Somehow I don't think that's true.

Player bases are usually double in size on PS4.

Can't wait for og xbox backwards compatibility for xbox one. The ps4 is just overrated and all the exclusives are very forgettable after 3 months of release. Japanese devs could easily port their shit to the xbox one but choose not to. The only jap devs/publishers that are even relevant are namco Bandai and square Enix so xbox doesn't really miss out as much as the media makes it out to be.

Do chew have even the slightest snatisfact to back that up?

>Can't wait for og xbox backwards compatibility for xbox one

Not going to happen friend.

Go look at the user pool for something like Battlefront/Battlefield/Destiny/etc.

Just buy what your friends have. All my friends have Xbox Ones, so some time in November I'll pick up a Xbox One X.

It was announced at E3 you dunce.

the xbone literally sells about 100 units a month in japan
ms doesn't even attend tokyo game show anymore

why would japanese devs support a console that doesn't have a foothold in their market?

No it wasn't :^)

IIRC there was some kind of lawsuit happening that's preventing it

k

Oh wow, they showed the Xbox logo :^O?

>Sony shilling this hard
How's that vita treating you niggers?

yeah bro, the company with 65 million consoles sold needs to shill on a taiwanese teletubby forum

Name two games on OG Xbox other than the first two Gayloads that was even remotely worth a shit.

How do you think they sold those units, dipshit?

Blame Platinum as well since they stretched out their team instead of working on scalebound

The only gamess I would care about are
Burnout series
Panzer Dragoon
Ninja Gaiden
Conker
Blinx(maybe because i never tried it)
Mechassault 2
Breakdown
JSRF

Jet Set Radio Future
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

by not releasing either the wiiu or the xbone

I bought ps 4 for bloodborne.Worth every penny.You have to be retard to buy xbox one, everythings thats on it is on a pc as well.

>literally the Switch's library within the first few months of it's release

Nah I blame MS, the have billions of dollars and cancel games all the time, Sony somehow managed to keep development of the Last Guardian after 10 years, they should know that sometimes problems occur and things don't go as expected, they don't know how to work with devs, they canned Peter Molyneux's BC that looked incredible, True Fantasy Live Online that looked incredible, Frame City Killer was supposed to be a 360 exclusive looked interesting, Sakaguchi's Cry On was supposed to be a 360 exclusive, what games has sony cancelled?
All I can think of is 8 Days and some game called Eyedentify

>300
>+ tax
>+ tip
>128gb micro sd minimum since something like BOTW is close to 20gb
>+ 60 for a game

Well over 400 actually

You'd have to be absolutely blind if you haven't noticed the increased rate of Sony shills on Sup Forums

I have a PS4, Xbox, Switch, Vita, N3DS, and Windows 10/Linux dualboot PC.

PS4 is best for exclusives and multiplats that have a shitty PC port (NieR: Automata), also for imports and kickass LEs that PC just doesn't get even if some Japanese games might get a PC release (looking at you, .hack//G.U. Last Recode. Not much else to say, if you like Japanese vidya it's a no-brainer. If you like games in general, you're probably gonna grab one eventually.

Switch is off to a great start with some pretty great Nintendo games, and solid Japanese 3rd party support.

Vita had alright 1st party support at the beginning, with some fantastic games like Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Tearaway, and more. However, most of those games have been ported to PS4 so the main reason to keep it around is if you really like rhythm games and can read moonrunes for the wide variety of Japanese 3rd party games. Recently it's become a good homebrew device, I'm currently waiting for my microSD adapter so I can make it my emulation machine/fully replace my PSP.

N3DS is a 3DS, not much to say here. Hack it you fag.

Windows 10 is alright. It's a PC so you know what that entails. Almost every Xbone "exclusive" is also here, so if you've got a good rig there's little reason to own an Xbone.

For how much I made fun of MS for the Xbone's emphasis on TV and multimedia and shit, that's probably the big thing the Xbone has going for it nowadays if you have a PC. It's one of the cheapest 4k blu-ray players, 360 backwards compatibility is legit the best way to play some games (I did my Catherine playthrough on it, and I'm currently going through Lost Odyssey), and I'm looking forward to playing JSRF on it, but besides that the "set-top box" stuff is what sets it apart from the PS4. Did you know that there's some fools porting RetroArch to the Xbone, because you can make any Xbone a devkit for Windows Store apps? Hell, there's a PPSSPP port too.

PS4 is the better system, but the Xbone can do more.

>have to buy TV, pay for internet, and also electricity
>don't forget air conditioning so that you can game without worrying about the summer heat
Fuck, consoles gaming is WAY too expensive!

>Frame City Killer
That game didn't look good at all
>true fantasy online
Dev don't know how to make NO games even looking at their track record they still haven't like most jap developer.
> cry on
I'll give you that one but still blame japan as well even when they did try to get the japanese market they still weren't buying them.

*MP games

>for $250
Save up for Xbox One X. I can't recommend a ps4 or fat xbone at this time.
But if you insist on $250, it depends on whether or not you like cinematic games. Buy PS4 if you like the generic cinematic "games" Sony keeps shitting out, buy xbone if you like multiplayer titles like Gears, Halo, Forza, and the occasional oddball like Crackdown 3 and some exceptional indie titles like Cuphead

Was best combo in previous gens.
This is the state of Switch, there is no reason to buy into that.

MS need better games besides Halo,Gears,and forza. Yes I know there's recore, QB which I hope gets a squeal and ryse. They need to do better

I own both, the PS4 is the better console at any price point.

>Yes I know there's recore, QB which I hope gets a squeal and ryse.
Recore sucks, QB looks like shit on Xbox One and is never getting a sequel, and Ryse is a QTE-fest that almsot bankrupted Crytek.

The other consoles come with a HDD and are $50 less. So why buy the switch?

up voted m8 xD

As an XBOX one S owner, I haven't touched that POS since I got the Switch. Switch is far superior. Xbox did a shitty job of playing Netflix also. Vizio' sfo a better job.

Ninja Gaiden Black
Breakdown

Must suck having stupid friends then. All my friends have PS4s

>Ryse is a QTE-fest that almsot bankrupted Crytek.
What almost made Crytex bankrupted was their stupid decision to go for the F2P market. Ms did offer to buy the ip from them but they refused.

Whatever you do, DO NOT get an XBOX ONE. I don't want your faggotass on my network.

>better games besides Halo,Gears,and forza
>they need to do better
Those three are at the top of their respective genres, though.
Halo 5 has the best arena fps gameplay on console, Gears 4 is the best multiplayer third person shooter out at the moment, and Forza Horizon 3 is a fantastic racing game.
It's about quality and longevity, not quantity.

Hey MS shill how long are you going take to make other games beside that.

Other than that I do hope that x1x sells well I do like the idea of mid-gen update as long it is good

Autistic idort review of Xbox One and PlayStation 4:
If you have a PC, both options have something different to offer. PlayStation 4 has a shitload of exclusives and weeb games that you can only play on that system. However, if you don't like anime tiddies, shmups, and interactive movies then it doesn't have a lot to offer.
The Xbox One is severely lacking in exclusives. The only worthwhile ones I can think of are Halo, Forza, and Sunset Overdrive. However, where the Xbox excels is emulation. With backwards compatibility for the 360 growing every day and original Xbox support coming, along with Rare Replay, it's good if you liked the old systems and want the games in HD. As for new games, you might even be playing those on PC thanks to play anywhere for totes like Forza Horizon 3. So if you don't have a PC and want new games, I would suggest the PS4. If you don't have a PC or have a toaster, the Bone becomes a lot more attractive.

the xbox one was the good guy all along