Does your family play video games, Sup Forums? Did they ever?

Does your family play video games, Sup Forums? Did they ever?

>Does your family play video games, Sup Forums?
no
Did they ever?
yes

noone ever plays video games anymore
they just watch others having done it before

My dad used to play Tetris or dr. Robotniks mean bean machine. Wouldn't play anything else

Used to. My sister used to love Pokemon and N64. The she "grew" out of it or was too "cool" for it.

>Dad
The reason I play video games now. Grew up with Atari 2600, 5200, TI-99 Home Computer, and Amiga before I got my own NES. He played a lot of arcade ports and games like Lemmings (to completion).

>Mom
Nope. After parents divorced she tried to get into them to have something in common with me and my sister, but only to the point she was buying games to 'make up' for leaving. If it wasn't for her though, I wouldn't have Hyper Iria on SFC.

>Sister
Didn't when she was younger, does almost exclusively now. She's into horror and action games, also has a bit of a niche for rarer games, only person I know with a sealed copy of Rule of Roses.

My sister and I got Gameboy Colors from Costco in '98 with Pokemon Red + Blue. We also got a Playstation the same year. She only ever had a casual interest. Video games was all I did growing up.

>Mum
Used to be huge into survival horror, loved Resident Evil and Silent Hill. Also was a huge Tomb Raider fan. I think she also enjoyed Duke Nukem: Time To Kill. Struggled in the PS3/360 era, couldn't get used to dual analogue controls. Now mostly plays casual tablet games, occasionally watches me play newer games of series she liked. She hated the new Tomb Raider though, in her words "Lara's boobs are too small and there aren't enough tombs"

>Grandparents
Huge point and click fans in the late 90s / early 2000s. Also played their fair share of first person shooters. After struggling with upgrading their PC every few years, bought an X-Box 360. Once they discovered Left4Dead 2 they never went back. Now nearing 70 and happily retired, they play Left4Dead2 every day for multiple hours. Everytime I visit them, they're playing Left4Dead. They have a ledger where they log their kills, time taken, etc. I tried buying them other games, even Gray Matter on 360 when it came out (they loved Gabriel Knight, both were made by Jane Jensen) but they abandon most games and go back to Left4Dead 2. Occasionally replay Bioshock and Half-Life 2. They're currently debating getting an X-Box One so they can redownload Left4Dead 2 because their 360 is beginning to show signs of age.

Mum + Grandparents were also both huge fans of Doom and Realms of the Haunting. We used to drag the sofa in front of the computer and all take turns on Realms of the Haunting, comfy times.

>Step-Dad
Don't know what he used to play, if anything. He's a big Football Manager guy at the moment though.

>Real dad
No clue, he an hero'd last year and I never met him.

>Uncle
Typical console bro, plays a lot of GTAV and big name releases.

My sister and her BF sometimes play Vidya when they aren't working at their jobs.

I would play more vidya if our internet weren't shitty. Did the Net Neutral thing die? Our internet should have been better sometime last week.

Dad and sisters used to. Brother still does but only sports games. Mom never did but she used to watch my dad play vidya if that counts

>dad

pinball games were the only games he played

>mom
puzzle games and tetris

>ywn have a cute brat little sister that sits on your lap while she bullys you and steals your gamegear

I'm an only child so no. Video games are for children and nu-adults (manchildren)

My dad played a lot of Crash Bandicoot and then didn't touch much until he retired last year

Now he plays shooters mostly all the timae and my mom hates it. Sweet irony after hearing her complain about me playing games growing up

It's been cool being able to talk about vidya with my dad, even if it's years out of my playing heyday

Your sister sounds fine, is she in a relationship?

Every kid should know that pain and every man should cherish that memory.

>cousin got me into vidya by letting me watch him play Icewind Dale, Asheron's Call, and Monkey Island, then allowed me to play them for a bit
>always found him sleeping to or past noon, kept trying to wake him up for more vidya fun time
>eventually he dropped video games, went to college, and chadded up
>tfw following in his footsteps of being a nogf NEET wasting my life on video games while he talks to me about how Skyrim is a cream of the crop RPG

What is a caucasian daughter like?

>Dad
No, he went to work.
>Mum
No, she's a woman.
>Sister
No, she's also a woman.
>brother
Yes, but not so much now that he's got a family. He was a Nintendo nerd from a very early age. He had a NES when he was younger.
>brother
Yes, but not so much now that he's got a family. He was a SEGA fag growing up. He had an Commodore Vic 20 when he was younger.

my sister plays the sims

My father is really good at tetris, but only classic tetris tho, for some reason when he plays in other consoles than the NES he sucks and can't keep up with the new features (like holding pieces for example), other than that he really likes mario, i even gave him my Wii last year and he's enjoying so far, it's pretty good to see him having this much fun with videogames at his age

I'm sorry for your dad, other than that you seem to have a pretty cool family
Your sister reminds me of my gf, but i know it's not her because she don't have any siblings

my dad used to play computer games a lot in his 50s. now no. my brother used to watch me play and with me but got bored fast. grew up later playing cod and gta, but barely plays them now. sis has a ps4, bht again shes a dumb bitch who never touches it of course

>mom
PvZ
Bomberman
Roadrunner
Bust A Move (Bubbles)
>dad
Racing games, can't wait to let him try dirtrally in VR + Wheel/pedal
>Big bro
Blizz games, basically a fanatic
>Lil bro
doter2, he's a neet, so what else can he play?

My youngest brother has done nothing but play runescape for 6-10 hours a day for the last 8 years

My dad used to be into pc gaming but nowadays he lacks the concentration to do so due to starting dementia, only shitty ipad games for him now.

my mom only ever liked supaplex and pinball games.

My parents stopped playing videogames when the SNES died out.
Up until then, they played almost daily.

Now my Dad just plays online card games eternally.

My step father had like 90+ SNES games that he was able to beat without any effort. Showed me how to speedrun in Super Metroid. And introduced me into Strategy games like Age of Empires, Empire Earth, Act of War and LoTR.
>He'd always be playing AoE3 with me
>I was only rank 16 sergeant and he was a lieutenant general
>Always told me what I did wrong and gave me hints and would religiously play Ottomans

Too bad his drinking got so bad my mother divorces him and he never comes around anymore. I haven't talked to him in 7 years.

ONIICHAN im telling mom your playing little girl games!

Dad was playing various games on a ZX Spectrum clone, later some racing games on PC like NFS Hot Pursuit 2, now he doesn't play at all and dislikes my interest in games.

Why did this image instill a parental instinct within me? I'm not even a woman.

My parents are 60+ and have never played video games. They largely blame video games as to why I'm such a fuck up. My cousins used to play games but they all "grew up".

Damn dude, sorry to hear that. Just be sure to really appreciate the good memories, man.

>Does your family play video games Sup Forums?
Yup.
>Dad used to play Crazy Taxi and Gran Turismo
>Mom plays Tetris once in a while
>Younger sister plays Animal Crossing and Smash Bros
>Younger brother plays PUBG, CS:GO, Smash, and DMC3&4SE

I play smash or Mario kart with my kid cousin sometimes. I'm surprised on how good she is in vidya.

>Mom
She used to love playing Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

>Brother
He was huge into Halo when he was younger. When Halo 3 first came out, he spent literally all night playing it, causing his grades to fall. These days he just plays Forza and CoD Zombies.

>Dad
He used to be into Gran Turismo 3 until I deleted his save data from his memory card because I was a shitter when I was younger

>Younger cousin
Aside from Minecraft, he doesn't play many games due to his folks being kind of soccer-momish. But when he does, he's super into the licensed Lego games. I used to play co-op with him in Lego Marvel Super Heroes. Shit was comfy.

>That time your uncle watched you play Mario 64 and kept rubbing your leg when you got a star

How were you supposed to respond?

Dad used to play Diablo 2, cs 1.6, and old Playstation games while I watched.

Now he plays Diablo 3 every once and a while and the occasional AAA title that interests him.

Mom used to battle me in Pokemon Stadium when I was a kid

You're uncle did that too?

Brother plays regularly. Mainly Steam. Can't commit to a waifu.
Sister never cared.
Mom loves pinball.
Dad loves light gun shooters, his fave being Virtua Cop 2.

By telling him to stop. Same thing happened to me.

By moaning.

>Father
Never
>Brother
Doesn't play a whole lot anymore, but then again, neither do I.
>Mom
She used to be obsessed with Zoo Tycoon, but otherwise, no.

Lego games are pretty comfy with a friend

this. lego batman and indiana jones were my fucking shit, i fucking love lego batman 1

>lemmings
you just brought back old, fond memories of my granpa :')

>all of these stories about family members that used to play but grew up

No wonder you faggots are so bitter. You're fucking wastes.

>By moaning cumming

>tfw realizing kids in this thread are young enough to be my son

She's a lesbian, been in a relationship with the same woman for over 12 years.

Shit is still too hard for me after a while. Dad was crazy about it, had all the holiday spin-offs and shit that ever came out on the Amiga.

Little brother plays league and fallout 4
Older brother plays Mario kart dx and botw
Mom doesn't
Baby brother plays Pokemon and xenoblade and Mario
Dad doesn't anymore but used to max out characters in vanilla wow, play bf 2142, and Diablo 2 religiously. He got me into games and gave me his gaming PC.
Sadly all he does now is work.

Oldest person I know who plays them in my family is my uncle, who stopped playing them in his forties around the time the PS4 came out.

Well, I have 3 brothers
My father used to play CSS with some old ass friend of his

Dad played Snake and Breakout on his Nokia phone. Never really played anything else when I was born, but he talked about playing games in arcades and would recognize Donkey Kong when I played Melee

Mom never played games and still doesn't, but some of her friends have gotten her into word games on her iPhone

Sister had a Game Boy as a gift, but she never really used it. Used to play a lot of Candy Crush, but doesn't really play anything

parents are too old
my mom plays solitaire sometimes
sister played gta and the sims into her 20s and got back into it recently
brother owns a gaming pc

Kinda
>Mom
played that a2600 a bit. When I bought one recently she came over and played qbert and stuff.

>Dad
Plays pokemon puzzle leaque and borrows my n64 to play it sometimes

>brother
fifa, injustice, was really into call of duty black ops when it first came out.

>grandparents, dad side
fuck if I know. Solitaire on her pc?

>grandparents mom side
grandma doesn't, hates them.
Grandpa is a piece of shit and is basically an extra check on my birthday and christmas.

when my father abandoned my family and we were constantly on the cusp of homelessness, my mom played a shitload of Animal Crossing: City Folk. It seemed to be one of the things that got her through the crippling depression. I kinda wish I could get her into New Leaf, it'd be nice to share something in common again.

>all these people who had parents that played videogame
Well fuck, neither of mine ever played shit. I hope you guys appreciate having parents like that. I love mine but they never really cared about any of my hobbies.

No, my parents are pretty boring and they don't have any interest except for watching TV, I guess my father has a passion for sport, but it usually end up with him do sport betting.

I tried to get both to play with me when I was younger, but I failed, but still played a couple times with my dad at Sonic Adventure 2 Battle multiplayer, and I remember how he actually had fun.

My Mum used to and still does play games. Jewel Tetris is always her go to.

Oh, I forgot tomention that my mother recently played some puzzle smartphone games there and there, also she was enthusiastic about it, too bad they will never sit down play something, I'd like to make my mother play something like Portal for example.

Pretty much the same here.

Dad has played games his entire life. He is 50 now. Mainly plays total war games and skyrim.

Sister plays sims and various other games. Loves kingdom hearts.

Mom doesn't play games.