Introduce a somewhat interesting character at the start of the game

>Introduce a somewhat interesting character at the start of the game
>Get introduced to a few other characters that you band together with
>Characters slowly grow on you and their reasoning and goal is pretty straight forward
.>they turn out to be templars
>this going to be good with the old 'switcheroo' and different perspective
>You end up playing as a boring assassin character with 0 personality

What the fuck were they thinking?

they made up for it with Rogue desu

>"Lets give a modicum of narrative context to the game world where the primary focus is giving the power fantasy of being a hooded edgelord that appeals to autistic teens"

Connor has personality, just absolutely no charisma.

rogue was short as fuck.

Rogue does not make up for the steaming pile of shit that was Ass Creed 3 with its poorly put together engine and shitty ending to what was supposed to be the main story arc for the series.

haytham should have been the protagonist of rogue

would have made some nice kenway pottery

Thoughts?

Connor would've been great if they had the balls to do what they planned for him rather than pussying out.

He was played like a fiddle by pretty much everyone save for Achilles, including Washington, but they pussied out from having him be an antagonist. They even recorded lines of him admitting he was a stupid idiot who fucked everything up.

3 was still shit, but Rogue genuinely made me look at 3 in a new light. Was actually a great send-off to 3 and 4

This desu. Also, please tell that to

I can't believe that despite being his trilogy, Haytham wasn't the main character for any of the games.

>Trilogy
Am i missing something here?

You play as Connor in III, we WUZ black girl in Rogue and the third one?

Haytham is the son of AC4's protagonist. The pirate guy.

>we WUZ black girl in Rogue
You're thinking of Liberation. Rogue was OY MAKE ME OWN LUCK potato man.

Rogue's protag was GOAT, and Haytham's dad.

So liberation was the one everyone forgets.

AC III you play as Haythams son, AC IV you play as Haythams father and GOAT is just a templar dude?

he's an assassin turned templar
also haytham shows up and you beat the shit out of achilles and murder adewale with him

Only thing I really enjoyed about 3 was the frontier sections.
Running around in jungle and find ways for traversal was quite satisfying.

I really like this idea.

I've heard that the books are better than the games, this true?

Blame the indians, they couldn't take it, so Ubi had to turn him into this silent motherfucker
Well according to Shaun he still had some adventures but unfortunately Desmond's dead so we get nothing

Like what pisses me off about the whole series since 3 was the fact that it was going to build up to the perfect AC game set in modern times on next gen consoles and such. The whole point of getting through the under developed (Which I will admit was in fact under developed and they should have committed to the idea) modern day stuff was that there was gonna be a huge pay off in a modern day AC game. Desmond was gonna be an assassin to surpass Altair and Ezio. And in AC3 we get a giant fuck you to that because I guess they were more interested in Watch Dogs? Idk. All I know is that AC died for me with 3 because of that, and Ubisoft is no longer a company I can take seriously anymore because of it.

It's more making Washington a bad guy. IIRC, in the OC scenario, he realised that him obsessing over Charles lee is fucking retarded, and turned on Washington for the rest of the game.

They decided that making fucking George Washington the bad guy might not be the best idea, and changed the scenario to fit the alternate universe DLC.

>Political correctness.
Ubisoft is capable of making a quality game, I really hate the idea that they turned in to a jew.
I don't think they would do it even there is no Indian blaming over anything. Someone else will, and always will be there to wage a social justice war. Not to mention most of the technology industries are liberal by large. Ubisoft won't risk themselves by doing something interesting.

Watch dogs was gonna be that modern day assassin creed game. But they went in a new direction, probably cuz of ezio's popularity. They realized they could just keep hashing out different time periods with "compelling and charismatic protagonists while at the same time make a new ip with watch dogs. They probably also did this cuz a modern day assassin's creed wouldnt work with the established AC games' formula. How was desmond gonna jump off a skyscraper into a wagon of hay? And guns and swords dont exactly work. Ac is mostly a melee weapons game, not a gun game. But swords in a modern setting? Nah. You kinda see this dilemma unfold at the end of ac 2. Desmond fights off those guards with a baton. Works for that scene, but not an entire game. Watch dogs was born as a new ip cuz all the ideas for a feasible modern day ac game changed the ac formula so much that it wasnt assassin's creed anymore.

Ezio >>>>>>>>> who the fuck else cares

the series is forever lost to me ever since he left.