Terraria

JUST RNG MY SHIT UP SENPAI

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/calamity-mod.44065/page-551
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw not autistic enough to enjoy Terraria

>these keys are extremely rare but unlock really strong weapons
>oh they are too strong against my edgy OC final boss better nerf them :^)
Moon Lord was a mistake

Is it even possible to beat those hoavering lonar dildos solo?
I fucking die in seconds.

I dropped terraria when they nerfed the apache.

i dont remember this shit, did they add another update? when are these fucks going to make terraria 2?

>frog poster

>Autistic enough to post frogs
kek

Just throw yourself into them over and over because the counter for taking down the shield doesn't reset upon death.
But yeah I agree that all the lunar shit isn't well balanced for solo play, especially in expert mode. The fact that they buffed moon lord so much after they added him is just retarded because if you want to solo him now you essentially are forced to cheese him.
The keys have been in since 1.2 (2013) but they have a extremely low drop rate of 0.04% so a lot of people won't ever get any of them.

It is still possible to get them. I got 3 hallowed keys just from killing monsters fishing in the hallow early hardmode for crystal serpent.

???

I never said they are impossible to get, just that they have a very low drop rate.

There are no idiots in terraria.

>nerfed

you're already playing one of the most autistic games in existence... u can handle a little RNG

Fucking why

MOT

Between expert mode and the molds being patched out they're in a better state than they used to be. I've played a few worlds with friends and whenever we actually make it to endgame we usually have at least two of those chests opened.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOT

>not making an afk farm

Oh yeah I completely forgot about Expert mode increasing drop rates.
When they released Expert mode I made a new character and world and just did solo Expert and it was a decent challenge but still doable until the Lunar Events and Moon Lord.
Fuck Moon Lord, I just ended up downloading a farm map to never have to fight him again.

Tell me more.

>Be me
>16m
>Use hacks on the PC and ps3
Was satisfied
Never played the game again
It was worth it

Make an afk farm in the ocean biome using crimson/corruption+hallow ice blocks, also add jungle or temple blocks.

Post pic.

Are these not the things you can make an easy as fuck farm in the ocean? It's been years since I played Terraria, but I remember building some farm mechanism in the ocean that had fish spawn infinitely and die, and I ended up getting whatever I was farming very quickly.

Look up HappyDays' guide.

Hope this helps. I haven't played this in forever, but it looks like I have multiple biomes overlapping and the fish spawn infinitely and die to traps.

>make a room that spans slightly larger than your screen in all directions in the biome of your choice
>make a platform on the center with a water candle
>plop down a turret or minions and leave computer to get food
>left click to spawn another turret every 5 minutes
>pick up all the loot on the floor every 15

>valkyrie armor, honey, fireplace and heart lantern
>health regen potion, ironskin
>ice dragon sentries
>solar eruption
>stardust dragon summon
>as many tanky accessories as possible

Enjoy your idle kill with 0 issues. Add a few summon statues for hearts as well if you are still struggling

>OC final boss

How is not the whole of terraria OC?

>playing 1.2 on release and getting this super early into hardmode before it got nerfed
I kept clicking around trying to see if there was a hidden downside or a cooldown or something else I was missing, but nope, it was just a fucking incredible item.

>looking at all the people in this thread unable to beat the game in normal mode

top fucking kek

>tfw terraria turned into no fun allowed
>all the mods are super autistic quantity over quality too

Summoning/Throwing as viable builds when?

i have fond memories of these shits. i'd put on all my summoner gear, make a huge flat area in whatever biome i wanted, and leave the game on while i was at school. it was always so fun coming back one day and finally finding a key. (and about ten billion of whatever else dropped from the mobs)

What if I did everything on expert from scratch except for moon lord?

No. Yo-yos.

moon lord on expert is pretty fucking disgusting with his 200 damage per hit attacks, pretty understandable if you can't beat him. but not being able to finish the game in NORMAL MODE is a little bit sad.

maybe expert mode has just permanently fucked me up so i can't recognize the challenge of normal mode anymore

>need it to beat moonlord
>mfw grinding for 50+hours

you don't need it, it just helps

Is that shit still 1 in 4000? Absolute bullshit without the meteor head trick

I fucking hate that faggot's way of talking.

Can you do this for crimson?
As far as I know there is no fish-type enemies in crimson biom.

It's always been 1 in 2500, and:
>1.3.0.1:
>No longer drops from a Meteor Head.
But playing expert mode increases drop chances, no idea how much however but should make a difference.

I'm not sure. I made this probably 3 years ago and I don't remember the logistics. The only fish that spawn are the jungle fish, but I believe it can drop any loot from the biomes I artificially created. I would guess you can just make an artificial crimson biome with the 100 crimson bricks and get those drops, but I don't know for certain.

>meteor head trick
Do elaborate.

>there are people who didn't kill the moon lord on expert

So what's everyone's favorite final boss, mods included?

>The Moon Lord
>The riders of Ragnarok
>Calamitas: Reality's end
>The Wall of Armageddon

I have a Terraria save file that I stopped playing a year or two ago for some reason. I think the last thing I did was beat Plantera. Do you guys think I should pick up that save again, or start over?

did they nerf the knives?

Moon lord has an attack that reduces healing weapons (vampire knives and spectral armour) by 50%

Start over.

>when you're having fun with the calamity mod and then find out that the dev had a massive bitchfit and possibly abandoned his mod

Meteroite heads /used too/ drop key molds, so you would put down 50 meteorite in whatever biome you wants a key from and afk farm meteorite heads

Not even 50%, the debuff just completely disables life stealing effects.

The leviathan from what i've played
mostly because I have a soft spot for deep ocean monsters and almost shit my pants when I spawned it in the first time

source? I was just getting into it

I prefer to just head to the biome I need a key for when a blood moon rises.
Put out a water candle, chug a battle potion, wail on everything that rushes me until I hope it drops a key. I usually do pretty well and get it in three or four blood moons.
The point is to do it when the opportunity arises whilst you're focused on other progression.

This still angers me
If you are going to nerf it, at least nerf it in a smart way
Make it so it only has the cooldown during combat or when you are damaged
it turned a nice convenience you have to grind hard for into "why even bother?"

The mod still works, but the dev appeared to have a bit of a breakdown, so I'd play it before it gets outdated in future updates, or make a copy of the game safe from updates.

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/calamity-mod.44065/page-551
He has a breakdown on the last 2-3 pages of this thread.

>better nerf good weapons so people cant easily beat my boss :^)
>oh what? they're cheesing it? Better nerf that too
>lets just nerf everything except maybe the fucking boss who might have issues being too bullshit
>lets buff the boss!

Sounds like you guys need to git gud. A final boss shouldn't be cheesable.

I still think nerfing shit in a PvE game is retarded, especially when it seems the low drop rates where intended as a way to counter how strong the item was.
The boss was completely fine before they buffed him. He went from having multiple ways of cheesing him to one way of cheesing him and him becoming stronger so that that one way of cheesing him is now the default strategy to beat him.

The nerf alteration I proposed keeps the nerf intact during the final boss, considering it does unavoidable damage with it's little tentacle thing that seeks you out and inflicts debuffs on you.

I agree though, a final boss shouldn't be cheesable, but that's just the kind of game terraria is.

Unless they took the (actually decent option) the starbound route of teleporting you to an instanced, isolated, uneditable dungeon to fight them, and make the fight more balanced based on the players now limited abilities to run, recover, and set up arenas.

>that one way of cheesing him is now the default strategy to beat him.
I never needed to cheese him. Literally all I needed was a nurse, a body of water, and that cute little fishron pet you get.

Just hit hard mode, should I be fighting the twins first or the worm? Worm seems to be fuckin easy

>tfw all you have so far is the light blue yoyo in hardmode

You can still cheese Moonlord in some ways. Using this tower for instance you can literally take no damage while using the cannons and summons to kill him.

Best weapon, GO

I built an arena specifically for using the Fishron mount in one world. It's a pretty cool way to do the fight.

I'll still say it's a bit cheesey that you have to use those kind of arenas to be able to reliably beat him solo (fishron+water, asphalt highways etc) or have a bunch of preperations like the good potions you can make from fishing and such.
Yeah you are supposed to go Worm > Twins > Skeletron IIRC. Worms is easy because so many good weapons you get shit over him with aoe damage.

Wait, is that a Metroid? Is that a pet or a summon?

show me this in action

How the fuck do I get the crimson key? I need that weapon goddammit.

Literally just keep killing enemies in the crimson hard mode until they drop the key.

the latest major update was the worst update in existence of terraria updates.
>LMAO THIS EDGY MOON BOSS IS GONNA BE AWEZOMECAKE
>it's fucking trash and when you beat him there is no end game
>oh well let's nerf all healing weapons lmao

>get like 300 crimson blocks and jungle seeds+ dirt/lizhard blocks
>go to the ocean
>place down lizhard blocks + crimson blocks
>stand in water with your feet so the fish tries to attack you
>have traps under you/summons
>afk for a while
>grab loot

>mfw Terraria thread
I love this game.

I bought it on a whim and started in expert mode with a friend who was also a newcomer to the game. We played for 200 or so hours, I even rented out a proper game server so we could play whenever we want (different work schedules). That was a year ago.
Now we thought about playing again, this time with mods.
The mods I see mentioned the most throughout the web are Thorium, Tremor, Calamity. Which one of these huge mods would you play and why? Which one is the most balanced? Becoming a god is fun and all but either make it really really late game or add some new bosses to match it.

I would say thorium is pretty balanced. Calamity gets easy due to the balance is poor as fuck.

It's a pet in the Thorium Mod, pretty cute.

It's a pretty simple set up conceptually, you can run across the top platform to get hearts and there are also heart spawners inside the honeypot. The honey gives you health regeneration and just looks cool. The top platform has a looping teleporter so you can just keep running right if you don't have a fishron mount.

You really only need the Solar Eruption or summons and some heartreach potions to take advantage of the design. You're basically unkillable with the Fishron mount buff tho.

Thorium is literally Terraria+
Calamity is a Spergfest with huge inflated numbers which makes vanilla items almost useless, so use it if you want to play a completely different approach on terraria.
Avoid tremor, it is a steaming pile of shit for what it is, devs jumped boat for that reason.
Check > for more mod info.

The guys that made Tremor literally say you shouldn't get Tremor and that's it's shit on the page for it.
They are working on a different mod now called Antiaris which looks fine but is WIP.

>currently playing Calamity
>it installed something called Fagolitas Mod
>it introduces OP as fuck items that while taking a while to gather and craft, absolutely wreck game balance
>ruins my playthrough due to lack of self control

pic related

1.4 when?

If Thorium is Terraria+ should I get it if i want to continue playing from having done everything Terraria had to offer or is it more based around replaying from scratch?

>2017 gunshot wounds
damn, that's a lotta bullets

>mfw i encountered my first paladin and thought i could take it easy due to his low speed

not him but as far as I know it introduces new biomes and ores, so you'd need to create a whole new world to properly play this mod anyway

how do you not get damaged? don't his shitty eyes fly through ceilings and walls?

>Never needed to cheese him
>Used the nurse
Congratulations, you cheesed him

he is a ponyfag judging from his avatar. what did you expect from this """person"""" really

Yeah I thought so too, so for the best experience I would basically have to start over from scratch.
I'm probably just going to wait for Otherworld and Terraria 2 then if that's still a thing.
I presume those teleporters spawn in enemies that get killed and drop hearts to heal him or something like that.

>play game
>autistically create a base
>it takes dozens of hours to build and farm everything
>finish up the playthrough
>wanna go again, different mod and/or playstyle
>mfw having to build a new base again

>start up a new world
>want to give every npc a unique home
>cant be arsed, need weapons n shit
>russian commie blocks for everyone

Fucking everytime.

Are there any good Terraria mods nowadays? I remember some RPG mod from a few years ago that looked interesting as well as some other mods. I'm surprised the modding community isn't that big for this game.

>not just making commieblocks

Golden Shower

Here is how it works:
1. I teleport into the tower from the green wire teleporter.
2. This creates a dummy "ghost" that then follows the hoik (the teeth blocks above the tp) track to the second dummy.
3. This puts two dummy ghost in the same position and I can use the Slime saddle to jump on the two dummy ghost to basically create an invincibility machine.
4. Then you use cannonballs to fuck any boss/event up.

It's pretty simple to build and very effective for any boss farming.