How would you go about creating an Evangelion game?

How would you go about creating an Evangelion game?

I wouldn't.

Any game that would come from it wouldn't be able to live up to expectations.

Shadow of the Colossus style "boss gauntlet but the bosses are actually giant puzzles" but you're in a huge mech and you have a time limit.

>Make Shinji not a bitch (this can be done by him not being captured by Leliel), flat out kills Kaoru without hesitation
>Put Asuka in a coma, and make teh Rei the female lead
>Give Gendo a personality besides "aloof dad mourning his wife"

There, EVA is fixed.

I wouldn't, nothing can do NGE/EoE justice.

you mean ruined.

the categories are arbitrary

>''shinji is a bitch'' meme

besides ruining what made EVA great, where is the game?

I've never seen a worse post holy shit congratulations

>father is a rapist
but that's wrong

>Make Shinji not a bitch
Stop with this fucking normalfag dumbass opinion
Shinji being a bitch is part of his character and it's part of what makes Eva good. A character having a personality other than action-hero badass doesn't automatically make them a bad character, you fucking dudebro piece of shit.

just make a perfect mecha game, it's not hard.

Same difference.

It'll play like a gundam game

Every match has a five minute time limit due to the aux cable getting cut every time

It'd be more fun to watch

Create a mecha game with 1h of gameplay and 19h of flashes and dialogue

Shit I've never actually played a mech game
Name some good ones
The concept sounds fucking tight in my mind

Zone of the Enders 1 is good, 2 is great.

>It'd be more fun to watch

>It'll play like a gundam game

I love gundam but most gundam games are pretty bad.

>Every match has a five minute time limit due to the aux cable getting cut every time

Combat isn't what makes EVA so good. It would be really difficult to transfer everything else into a videogame without it feeling like you have no influence as a player.

I have only played armored core 4: for answer but I enjoyed that a lot.

I have heard that the rest of the AC series is pretty good too.

unironically consider killing yourself

make it like asura's wrath + a telltale game

Oh, I also played gundam breaker 3, but I would only recommend it if you enjoy gundam. The gameplay is actually pretty terrible.

>shinji not a bitch

Way to miss the entire point of the show dumbass.

Making a pure action game would trivialize the anime, so I think they should have to pace those parts with more experimental and psychological parts to match the tone of the original work, but it should be developed through gameplay, not just in cutscenes, so it would be pretty difficult to pull of properly.

xcom + vn

I'd take a few liberties and put in some enemy units, angels are boss missions.

this

It already exists.

>so I think they should have to pace those parts with more experimental and psychological parts to match the tone of the original work, but it should be developed through gameplay

How would that work in a way that wouldn't be completely fucking retarded?

This. I'd also like to add Digital Devil Saga.

>level one is a car chase, playable character misato as the city is being bombed and smashed by the armies and angels around you
>level two is tutorial/ish where you eventually get btfo by the first angel, playable character shinji
>level three, that weird angel that attacked the school is a more straightforward battle, playable shinji
>level four is a stealth mission, co-op shinji/rei/misato/kaji. First Kaji and Misato work together to steal the equipment needed to kill drill angel and then shinji and rei must work together to keep plugging shots into it while one player defends the shooter from it's attacks.
>level five is another co-op, Asuka and Shinji working together to traverse the ship/solve puzzles/activate evangelion to beat the water angel, battle is mostly cutscene
>level six is the blackout in NERV. The trio, but you could pick two, work together to restore power to the NERV facility, before getting in their mechs and beating the shit out the angel
>level seven is the digital angel that mechs are no good against, you are ritsuko playing puzzles on her computer to try defeat it
>level eight is the falling angel, you just have to run really fast and avoid obstacles before time limit
>level nine is the absorption angel, uh, I guess you fight as hard as you can but lose no matter what in the end and then just win anyway
>level ten is killing toji, he's a good opponent, just as quick as your mecha, and you can team up if you want
>level eleven is co-op rei/asuka who eventually get btfo and Shinji has to run through them fighting above and get to his Evangelion for part two where he kicks it's ass
>level twelve is the flying out of orbit angel, enh meh, just play as Rei and see how good you are at chucking spears.
>Level thirteen is the replacement of asuka with kaworu, and the death of Rei at the second to last angel. You fight, but again, it doesn't really matter once rei blows herself up.
>The Kaworu fight would be interesting, versus Asuka's Eva

I always found Misato to be best girl.
Least damaged of the main girls, and most fun the be around. Also loves beer and food.

and for the finale it's a level of misato saving shinji in the invasion of nerv and activating Asuka, where she can btfo everyone for the last battle while instrumentality occurs around her while kom susser tod plays.

maybe a bonus level where you play as superhero Rei happens

>least damaged

kek

ftfy

>used goods
>literally mentally ill
all of the main girls suck actually, wouldn't want to be in a room with any of them

I forgot about volcano angel and jet alone.

enh, volcano angel is a battle with some sort of heat limit. Jet alone is another mech/misato co-op.

I have no idea, that's why I said it would be very difficult to do properly. It would have to be an experimental game, for an experimental anime. A standard game wouldn't work if you want a thematically faithful adaptation. If you just want a mech game, might as well create your own setting or use some existing one in which the action is the focus.

The psychological development is probably the most important element of the anime, so relegating it to just some cutscenes or VN parts would be a wasted opportunity, and like I said, trivialize the point of the original work. If you make an EVA game, that key aspect of the original needs to be tied with the gameplay somehow, and developed through meaningful interaction, not shitty minigames or something.