Has anyone ever played the Sherlock Holmes games...

Has anyone ever played the Sherlock Holmes games? I'm a big fan of the stories and enjoyed the games a decent amount despite them being pretty simplistic. Just finished The Devil's Daughter, might be the weakest of all the games so far because of the action scenes and shit puzzles. Any similar games that will make me feel like Sherlock Holmes?

Also are there any plans for a new game? I would probably buy one if it came out.

LA Noire Might suit your fancy. It's not exactly Sherlock Holmes and it's more of a character drama than just mystery solving.

Played L.A. Noire when it came out. Good game and really does satisfy that detective urge. Might replay it because its been a few years.

Pathologic. There's no detective gameplay mechanics but you personally will be trying to figure out what's happening.

You should, I just went through it again and I really appreciate the characters a lot more then i did when i first played it in 2011. Cole Phelps is one of the best Video Game protagonists of all time.

Actually on the 6 or 7th day as the bachelor. How are the other characters? I really like it so far.

He really is great. I liked the actor a lot in Mad Men so it's always nice to see him.

It was really messed up how much they made The Devil's Daughter look like a tie-in for the Robert Downey Jr movies.

Yeah that was fucked. Despite it being about ten years later they look like they're fucking 25. They turned Watson into a metrosexual hipster. Watson should be short and stocky with a massive fucking mustache.

With the last couple of games I've felt more and more that the writers are not up to the task. In Last Will and Testament the first conclusion that you could reach was always a wrong one. Unfortunately sometimes the "wrong" conclusion was a lot more plausible than the right one, because they really tried to trip you up and ended up making the correct theory overly convoluted. In The Devil's Daughter they basically present the conclusions at the same time, which fixes the problem present in Testament, but now they try to throw you for a loop by sprinkling red herrings all over the place, many of which remain unexplained. People do weird, suspicious stuff in private, but because they're not the murderer, Holmes doesn't care to follow up on it.

Also putting in action sequences, which apparently were unskippable at launch, is really off-putting for their more casual audience that is in it for the story and characters.

>for their more casual audience
I wouldn't even say it's a casual thing, just that the game shouldn't have so many action scenes. They weren't hard but the game felt more like one of the recent movies than a proper Sherlock Holmes game. They dragged on way too long and really took me out of the mystery.

i'm a huge fan of those games, after crimes & punishments i went back and played all the sherlock games on steam.
at the moment frogwares is developing a new game called the sinking city so no sherlock titles are in development as far as i know.

i second the request for similar games

>try to throw you for a loop by sprinkling red herrings all over the place
What the fuck was up with the first case with the guy hunting the poor. Was there any indication that that was what was happening before the last minute? The stupid fucking flashback thing ruined the pacing and I just went straight from investigation to being most dangerous game'd. I just guessed that the missing guy was in the right because I expected the writers to do that. Really every case was easy to guess without having the information, a lot easier than the other games.

Wasn't one of these made by the survivors from coc:dark corners of the earth's studio?

Play Nemesis and Awakened for Sherlock stuff.

Can't find nemesis but Awakened looks good. Thanks.

nemesis also goes by the name of Sherlock Holmes versus Arsène Lupin

If you want crime drama adventure games, you could give the Ace Attorney games a try.

I've actually never read anything Sherlock Holmes. Where should I start?

I've played every Sherlock Holmes game known to man, not just the AA titles. I just love mystery/puzzle solving games, but the Holmes games are pretty mediocre.

You can just buy the complete edition by Doyle for all the goodles,

They had to patch in the ability to skip action sequences for a reason. Plenty of people got stuck in them.

what games should i play if i love this genre?

doesn't even have to be good, i just want to play them

You can always tell which cases in the games are taken from the books. They're really straightforward compared to the ones that the devs came up with. I guess that's a hundred years of whodunnits for you.