ITT: God Tier party members

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UWuCUa59jes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, fuck this stupid piece of shit character. There isn't even voice acting in this game and his voice annoys me; from the dialogue alone, you can tell he shouts everything and has an irritating voice. He's always wrong about everything that's going on around him. He's not even any good in battle without Vivi.

She is good when you first get her and then for a while but is later outclassed in all aspects.
Ryuji is a better physical damage dealer.
Ann is a better magical damage dealer.
Morgana is a better healer.

MC ended up as more of a support for me during the final boss because Ryuji and Ann just focused/charged and wrecked every thing.

> (You)
>She is good when you first get her and then for a while but is later outclassed in all aspects.
>Ryuji is a better physical damage dealer.
>Ann is a better magical damage dealer.
>Morgana is a better healer.
>MC ended up as more of a support for me during the final boss because Ryuji and Ann just focused/charged and wrecked every thing.
Yeah I played it on easy too

You are literally gimping yourself if you don't use her

Nigga what, that doesn't even make any fucking sense.
If you played on Hard(I did) then min-maxing your party was even more important.
Makoto doesn't shine in any aspect but she is a great jack-of-all-trades.

Boy howdy that armor is fucking stupid

>savior of the chapter she joins
>doesn't need some magic legendary weapon, just a big steel axe
>in the best class
>can stove Ryoma's head in with a dual club and make his chapter marginally less shit
>has god tier genetics
>hot
The greatest older sister you could ask for, if you ask me

>He's not even any good in battle without Vivi

Steiner was the only reason that FF9 wasn't a complete steaming pile of dogshit.

*interrupts you*

>dealing max damage every turn without fail
>useless
>taking Vivi along for any ride
>useless

What the hell, man? They're both top tier characters, both capable of dealing max damage each turn on their own, against any monster or boss.

>no mention of Cain from Div:OS
I realize they nerfed him into the ground, but that motherfucker was stronger than basically any character you could make

Rope Snake is the best

More like that everything is fucking stupid.

Vivi can also heal the party to max at the same time. Still benched him for Freya though because the animations were quicker

Steiner's got one of the quicker attack animations capable of dealing max damage. Hell, you don't even have to use abilities half the time.

Steiner's an absolute beast. Not using him is just gimping yourself.

I fucking need more of this.

I was pissed at how they shoveled estelle, joshua and ren crap down our throats for 3 fucking games while almost ignoring actual good characters like him, cassius, richard etc. They made up for it a small bit by making him completely overpowered as a party member, but he should have had way more screen time.

Yeah, I used morgana for his full party full heal and joker for his buffs, along with the occasional random Futaba buff. Ryuji and Ann deal so much goddamn damage. Never really touched haru or yusuke.

>tfw you use Razstar for the first time
tfw her entire fucking village gets killed and it's all your fault

THE man's man.

I didn't really use Ann until the very end and wondered why the fuck I didn't use her before as she was a fucking massive powerhouse.
Once Ryuji got charge he just demolished Yusuke sadly.

He's kinda shitty.
Here's a real top tier.

Plea God let Gumshoe be in the next installment. Preferably as the chief police or something.

I benched Vivi. Party was Steiner/Freya/Quina

Steiner is the best character in the game because of Charge.

Especially great once you get the Volt Star.

And with a beard.

ur waifu is fat and slow

>I'm going to come with a skillset that steals from three characters, one you don't get until later and one you don't get at all
>Oh and I come with excalibur free of charge
It's not often you get a playable character that lives up to his reputation. In most games legendary heroes you recruit tend to be crap

>final boss joins your party in the sequel's sequel
>is so broken he can solo the whole game

>recently learned he only shows up to save the day if you fail to pinpoint his location, otherwise Fran takes his role
Thank god I'm retarded, that scene is so much better

really shame pierce doesnt work with reflect and he is pretty much useless without physical skills

You're talking about 2-4 right? I didn't know that was a thing

Yup. When edgeworth asks if there's a way to locate him, fail or say no.

DSC for days

Strongest fire emblem coming through

This game had too many really good party members.

>Already the best character
>Double his attack halfway through the game

It's a shame that the final dungeon doesn't have any on-foot sections, since his Gear is pretty mediocre.

t. someone who didn't play past the first disc

Ann isn't very good early on, since the only thing she does well is magic nukes, so she needs to learn her passives to not just be obsolete compared to Joker. Up until the last two dungeons, jack-of-all-trade party members supporting a damage-dealing Joker is the optimal setup, but that reverses by the end game.

>Morgana is a better healer.
They literally get the same spells, except Makoto get Marakukaja and has more health and SP.

Buff are wasted on the MC since he's the best damage dealer bar none, so it's a huge help to have Ryuji and Makoto spamming their party buffs.

I beat the Reaper in a straight fight with Ryuji, Makoto and Haru at around 40, by forcing him to use Conentrate + Megidolaon and just healing up every turn with Makoto.

The 3 best characters late game in FF9 are clearly:

Zidane: Thievery: 9999
Freya: Dragon's Crest: 9999
Quina: Frog Drop: 9999

Then you choose either Eiko or Garnet as healer. Possibly Vivi with Doomsday and Shadow absorb.

Steiner does not get a look in. Shock costs too much MP compared to those other 9999 dealing abilities.

He made it from Klamath to Mariposa, where he got gunned down by a supermutant posse. Losing the fucker hurt me more than losing Dogmeat in FO1. Still, I didn't load a save.

he was completely overpowered? I never bothered using him. My strategy in the tits series was something like
FC: earth wall spam with skills inbetween
SC: earth wall spam with full screen artes//skills inbetween
3rd: murdering things with richard acting 7 turns in a row

That is not Vivi, but Rusty is close second to him

Him and Anelace up front dealing phys damage is what I done for the whole game, they get +50 and 60% DMG buffs with petal dance and distend, they deal more than any ATS dealer in half the turns required, it's insane. Richard is good too but I didn't like his lack of DMG buff and base dmg, and I found anelace to match his speed with a fools emblem + onyx gem

Why does he look like that?

I pity the autists who actually grind to achiebe those.
The game's piss easy anyway, and the hardest boss doesn't have more than like 55k hp. Why would someone spend hours upon hours to grind those skills when Vivi starts dishing out that damage for free ?

fair enough. I was more of a fan of just casting zodiac and debuffs where relevant since the two in combination make a fuckhuge difference in damage output when they both work. When I fought the final boss I literally thought "wait, that's it?" when I killed it, thinking it was just a first form because richard and the rest of my party melted it in what was effectively 2 turns.

came to post this

>Give her divine pillar
>Literally impossible to lose

Nukular spells are cool as shit as is her bike persona so she stayed

I did not know this.
Now I have to try.

>almost ignoring actual good characters like him
Just Wait(tm) for Calvard.

Her Crafts are pretty shit, or perhaps I never figured out how to use her properly. Her self-buff doesn't last long enough.

In SC he is Thunder God Zane, master of the True Distend and True Thunder God Kick, hallowed be his name, amen.
In the 3rd the bug is fixed and he is replaced by his less cool cousin, Zin.

It is WAY easier to hit 9999 with Steiner. Mid 60's with his best weapon and MP attack and you're gold. Grinding frogs and thievery was way too much for me(just used Quina for the buffs), Freya was barely tolerable.

this.
game would be A LOT harder without her.

Dragon's Crest takes like 30 minutes to max out if you're not fucking retarded.

My nigga.

>Using Eiko/Garnet late game
Why? Auto ressurect/regen with Quina to buff is all you need. They're worthless

Isn't the pic from the third game, though?

Freya desu
She got that 9999 damage attack fast as fuck

I was never a fan of the zane > zin thing, it just rubbed me the wrong way. I'd like to change it back but dont care enough to scour through files and hex edit a change in.

My nigga!

Her self buff for me lasts an entire boss fight and more, I've never once had to re-cast it. Her crafts are pretty solid but you wont be needing them most of the time, just petal dance then spam eight leaf blitz, maybe fallen leaves if the enemy can be affected by AT delay, her dmg is insane. Especially with Jinu, if you get that the first half of the game becomes easy mode and if you beat the nightmare arena it's upgraded to one of the best weapons in the game.

either aela the huntress or brelyna maryon

My nigger.

I want to protect his smile
youtube.com/watch?v=UWuCUa59jes

Junpei actually made me manage to like the "bro" character.
>Has party conflicts but doesn't come out as shitty afterwards or having to go back on everything that happened
>First person to actually act like a friend towards you and isn't even a social link
>Pulls everyone together after the big fight
>Kinda dumb but not to any kind of exaggerated level
>Has the most relatable issues

How can one man be so wrong?

This.
Junpei is a bro that still has his own life going on instead of only existing to kiss the protags ass like Yosuke or being a complete retard like Ryuji

Nah, it's gotta be Morte. Funniest, most loyal and can absolutely carry you.

Bro of Bros

Excellent answers, lads