"Guys, guys, the hero shooters will be the next big thing! We need to make our own quick!"

>"Guys, guys, the hero shooters will be the next big thing! We need to make our own quick!"

Why so many companies take retarded decisions?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/570
pcgamesn.com/overwatch/overwatch-sales-numbers
youtube.com/watch?v=DA5mY8XqrHU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where is Paladins nigger?

Is 2GD still making his stuIpid egg robot game? Top kek

>4600 players
holy moly, so there's hope for DB afterall...

Gigantic and Lawbreakers are actually both pretty fun desu.

>68 players

I don't think any of these games are pure garbage, it's just that the market has enough similar games and nobody wants them anymore.

these all time peaks all seem way too fucking small everytime i see them
like I can't believe TF2's all time peak is a meager 100k players

meanwhile Brink is now free on steam

Did you not see BattleBorn on that list? I played the free trial and it's dogshit.

meanwhile : steamcharts.com/app/570

but yeah, I expected TF2 to have a much higher player peak

Yeah it's going to be one of the fastest passing fads. CCG and Battle Royals are the runner-ups.

So it's confirmed, Quake Champions is dead even before its launch.

it was obvious long time ago, most people have moved on and don't want to play arena shooters anymore
just let it go

Because it's actually good. Besides the cost of shit being too high

Steamcharts only started tracking in '12, I'd imagine it probably had more players before.

We could have gotten a proper modern remake of Quake 1, but no, we got a her shooter.

>Falling for the ">FPS games on console" meme

Evolve, Battleborn, DOOM, and even decade old Call of Duty games still have matches going on consoles. So yeah, go ahead and stick your niche shooter game only on the bloated and competitive field of Steam.

Isn't the classic mode coming on release?

>playing fps with a controller
but your right user i could play the illustrious cod games and evolve and even battleborne

>enough with the military shooters!
>enough with the UT and Quake clones!
>enough with the hero/class based shooters!

so what do exactly people want in a FPS?

Well, enjoy your stillborn Quake reboot I guess. lol

It is pretty damn fun, but they need more maps.

>Dirty Bomb still going stable
and it's honestly the best of the bunch on that image

>skips paladins on purpose.

kek.

semi military semi arcadey survival last man standing

Dirty Bomb is actually pretty good though, but the rest are laughable

people want to play the shitty games they already own, not the bastardised version of those games

because "blizzard did something successful, lets not even try to compete" is not a business maxim yet.

>decade old Call of Duty games

This is so true.

Used to play Gigantic when there were

Because it's finally not region locked anymore.

>being proud of having a fanbase that consists mostly of South Americans and other third world scum.

what about this

Que? Classic mode?

Why play a clone if it doesn't actually do anything better than what it is a clone of?

>Why so many companies take retarded decisions?
Most of these were in development before Overwatch was announced. Why didn't they just cancel their game when a big studio announced one? That's the real question.

Damn.

Dirty bomb is basically a better Brink, minus the minimal customization you could do.

Steam numbers are only people who paid for it. I'd say at least 1k more are playing on free beta with the bethesda launcher.

people just want waifus

pcgamesn.com/overwatch/overwatch-sales-numbers

does dirty bomb have co-op campaign yet

Gigantic's retarded system requirements is really holding it back. But then again, it's keeping the third worlders out so it's winlose situation.

I really like Gigantic. I've been playing it regularly.

I'd try lawbreakers if it was free.

Does anyone know any deathmatch shooters where I'm not assigned to a team? Preferably without heroes?

Because they're all shit games (not TF2 and DB is somewhat decent too).
These new """games""" are designed primarily to appeal to the "skin buying crowd", gameplay and everything else comes second ALWAYS.
If fun gameplay gets in the way of new potential skins, then the fun gameplay is replaced to make sure the skins stay on top.

A successful game launches:
WOW
Everyone makes clones
Overwatch
Everyone makes clones
PUBG
Everyone mak...you know it's coming.

that doesn't really make the number impressive though

Unreal Tournament 4

>1,533 all time peak

enjoy paying to use your internet toplay first person badass mobas and literally tacked on multiplayer shovelware

Truly Blizzard deserves its spot as the best PC game developer. They never made a bad game, and all of their games have been truly original and at the bleeding edge.

How the fuck can you have 62 players after going free to play?

No heroes abilities and everyone has same stats.

You have to be bad ass enough to play it.

It doesn't even really have a campaign. I had forgotten brink had that, I remember the bot-filled matches on day one though. Such a disappointment.

the game is so disgusting to watch, nobody wants it even if it's free

at my local gamestop, used PS4 games are usually around 30-45$, battleborn was 4$. four fucking dollars

I'd rather play an actual remake of the Quake 1 singleplayer like Wolfenstein and Doom got.

They called it a trial and not free to play.

One of the objectives of Cuck Champions is to ""unite"" all the Quake fans, by releasing champions with [movement mechanic specific to a certain version/mod of quake] as its passive. They're not releasing a "classic" mode as that would divide the fanbase even further

There is never anything wrong with having more choice and different approaches to the same concept - you can pick your style of gameplay, arstyle and even business model.
Nobody forces you to even touch any game you don't like - unless you don't play video games for the gameplay but for a sense of going with the latest new fad each time, torturing yourself through games you don't like to pretend you are part of something that ultimately doesn't even matter.

WoW was a just a refined Everquest and RuneScape while Overwatch is just a refined Team Fortress 2

It didn't. That's one reason it went free to play. In 2011 before the game was F2P, it was pretty shallow in terms of players. Before this, we had to track it with backpacks and how many people had certain items. The only reasons people would have backpacks with this stuff in it is because they either ran the game once and never could play it and forgot about it or the items were given to people who helped with the making of either an item for a cross promo or some other bullshit (The Sam and Max promo items are the worst offenders, adding nearly 100 people to the lot of people who "owned the game")

For a single player game, sure.

A dead multiplayer is useless, even if it has the best gameplay ever.

Wrong.

How does that work with hitboxes?

t. blizz shill

That sounds shit. Give me a hand crafted, atmospheric singleplayer campaign please. Weird Quake 1 alien shit.

PUBG was pretty late in the Battle Royal fad idk what you're talking about.

>It's a marathon, not a sprint. I'd rather be the underhyped game that slowly ramps up into something that people adore

IT'S JUST RAMPING GUYS

>Overwatch is just a refined Team Fortress 2
>refined

lol

there wasn't any huge successful battle royale game before, was there?

A new Turok that's faithful to the first two games with gameplay improvements would be pretty nice

Lore stuff in champions is reduced to flavor text in cosmetics descriptions and lore piece pickups that happen once per game, and for one player only.

they certainly refined the cosmetic portions, yes : ^)

Tags: open world, procedurally generated, crafting, survival horror, story rich, female protagonist

H1Z1

From what I've seen PUBG's release is when everyone stopped making BR games

If something is enjoyable you can play it over and over as long as a single match opens and given how little players it takes for one of those games to fill a match they all fit that bill except for Battleborn and Lawbreakers as those in some regions are totally dead by now.

imagine playing battleborn
like you know all the players

S-saitama?

I don't care. I want a tightly made singleplayer experience, not a shit hero shooter with meme lore. Quake 1 was about atmosphere, give me that.

Poor Gigantic.

there are probably more people on this thread than the entire playerbase of battleborn

Gigantic was announced before Overwatch though, and it isn't really a shooter.

How do I find the stats pages like this for games on steam?

gigantic is actually good and has been in development since 2013

Granted, Quake JUST came out and its still in Early Access. lets hope thst number goes up a bit, its pretty fun, shitty netcode aside

>shitty netcode
>numbers going up
Never ever, unless they fix that asap - which they won't, because they can't. It's dead on arrival.

>games must have 900000000 players to be fun

Realistically there was only 1 successful which was H1Z1. People were upset that they did nothing and it basically flatlined until PUGB. It also doesn't help that the company split up the game into 2 modes which pissed people off. It became the budget version.

I guess you can consider Day Z, but we both know how that actually became.

PUGB did it just good enough. Word of mouth spread like wildfire and that's basically it.

Are you guys /hyped/ about based Artifact?
youtube.com/watch?v=DA5mY8XqrHU

They're dead genres already because blizzard already shitted on everyone with Hearthstone and OW and PUBG isn't going anywhere any time soon

What's the next fad for Sup Forums to hate?

I don't think Overwatch is nearly as successful as PUBG.. it just had the Activision Blizzard marketing train behind it. No one is hyped about Overwatch, it's a filthy piece of shit that can't make up its mind whether it's a PC game or a console game.

For a game to provide endless entertainment it requires endless consumers/players.

why so many dislikes?

just people buttmad because valve still doesn't make HL3?

Themselves

What went so right bros?

>I don't think Overwatch is nearly as successful as PUBG.

delusion

Non-human CS:GOyim butthurt that the only game they've played in their life is ignored for two seconds.

>battleborn
>68 playing
>fucking new quake
>1/60th of what tf2 has
holy shit its so dead it never got a chance