What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Konami

Not to say Kojima is faultless, but after Konami forced Ground Zeroes to be a thing they lost any right to bitch about budget. That was one of the most exploitive things done in the medium.

>Konami forced Ground Zeroes

whats the drama behind this?

>yo, you were supposed to release the game in 2013, will it be ready in 2014
>no
>media and consumers are confused about Ground Zeroes and TPP being the same or different games, so release GZ as standalone pronto

>>media and consumers are confused about Ground Zeroes and TPP being the same or different games, so release GZ as standalone pronto
but this didnt happen. releasing them separately WAS the confusion

Didn't Konami also restrict Kojima's communication with his team or something?

No, Kojima fucked up by first announcing Ground Zeroes and then 3 months later announcing The Phantom Pain.
Didn't help they were both MGSV, but with different sub-titles.

I'm addicted to FOB raids.

Yes, they also forced employees down to janitorial duties and other such tactics to intimidate them. Was a massive press event when it was discovered. Anyone placing more blame on Kojima, regardless of what you think of him, is delusional or disingenuous at best.

Kojima having to oblige to 7th gen ports crippled the game from the start.

This.

>forcing open world into a game that doesn't need it
>konami restrictions
>kojima's overblown ego
>quiet's entire """character"""
>cut content
>mgo went dead after a month

whats the reasoning for venom not being able to roll?

also
>no urban locations
>like 5 interiors

He wouldnt be obliged if he did some MGS game during 2010 to 2013.

Also if instead of Peace Walker did some shit during 2008-2013.

Konami was dying and kojimas retard decisions didnt help

That shit is daily in Asia. They don't want to fire you because it is bad for business but they sure as hell can make your life miserable as hell so you just quit.

>Also if instead of Peace Walker did some shit during 2008-2013.
Development of Fox Engine started 2008 while PW was being developed. MGS Rising was supposed to be first game to use Fox Engine.

Fans wanting the series to continue past 3.

Remember when they said they didn't get Hater to do Venoms lines because it would be weird to hear How Boss is talking to himself?

So they just couldn't get Hater for the "Man Who Sold the World" caste tape?

The fanbase for wanting MGS V to be MGS 4 part 2, instead of an actual good fun game, which it was what ended up being.

This is typically done against individuals. Konami was doing this on a much larger scale against KojiPro generally.

How much do you like Far Cry 3?

>Yes, they also forced employees down to janitorial duties and other such tactics to intimidate them.
I dont believe this

Game is too easy, ai is braindead, world is empty, and missions are repetitive.

>MGSV
>"fun" and/or "good"

If you have Pure-O OCD I guess, sure

Kojima Productions tried to unionize. This is the ugly truth Konami or Kojima won't tell you, trust me.

This is why we need to eliminate democracy and worker's rights so bad.

Ground zeroes was actually a better level and just generally a better example of mission planning than all of MGSV combined. It almost would not have made sense as a part of mgsv because the Ground Zero mission actually felt like a Metal Gear Solid mission, y'know? Like a PW mission, there was a specific way to speedrun because it was all precisely created. Every mission on MGSV is just ham your way through things you're not limited whatsoever nor do you actually have to worry about guard placement because it's streamlined horribly. I have been with Kojima since I was 6 years old and played MGS1 with my stepfather but by the second and third (for that matter the fourth) I was growing to despise him. Portable releases were utter tripe and an excuse to cobble some shitty story together(this includes Peace Walker and what a shit show it turned Naked Snakes story into) while making a quick buck on low production games. Not to mention how he can sit there an scoff at never wanting to make Metal Gear games so he just shits all over us. I have seen the most recent images for survive and I am looking forward to it, it doesn't make any sense but it isn't solid it's surviving. Where do zombies fit into the universe? Dunno' m8 ask the puppet soldiers KEK

Democracy is fine, unions are just full of shitlords.
I worked for a company that had forced union dues every pay check, and I never once needed any sort of help or benefits from the union so it was literally just wasted money at that point. Jobs are hard to find, yes, but if you aren't being treated fairly, go find a job that does, don't sit around and make life hard for everyone else, if your employer is shit and keeps treating people like shit, they will eventually go out of business because no one wants to work there

TPP should have just been an assortment of large, well crafted areas like the base in GZ with maybe a hub " Hyrule Field " style hub area that connected all the expansive mission areas etc.

Just have a huge, empty world that is mostly populated by tiny little guard posts/checkpoints and crappy little villages made it feel empty and eventually boring because of much time you spend getting around as opposed to infiltrating, and then the infiltration is mostly weak because of how simple and straightforward the areas are.

A few different bases are larger, and more fun as a result, but the game's scope made the quality of the locations suffer greatly. It doesn't help that the story was retarded, Kiefer Sutherland had a whole paragraph of dialogue for the whole game, and I generally just didn't care about what happened.

you are not a jap then

true

Story was garbage. Gameplay was solid but didn't have enough variety to make it worth playing for very long. Combine the two and you've got a mediocre game.

>Gameplay was solid but didn't have enough variety to make it worth playing for very long
>stealth
>loud
>bunch of different weapons
>bunch of different entrances
>enemies act differently most of the time
What is variety to you?

>A bunch of ways to assault one location

The maps weren't varied enough. You could have opened them up more, removed the mountains and the chokepoints, and it's still be the same fuckin level over and over again. It just gets boring after a while.

I think they absolutely nailed it when they came to designing the models, don't you?

V is the only time where Snake both looks handsome and serious at different angles.

>Even without a bandana, PW shows him with a sharp look as if someone constantly ticked him off, even when he's in a neutral pose, as well as in the HD renders.
>GZ makes him look as if he was a generic but cute grizzly video game man with some attitude, that barely resembles his PW design
why does there have to be this many inconsistencies? PW and GZ were literally one year apart.

lvl design is shit.
le episode mission is shit.
game is incomplet.
characters not interesting.
mother base useless.

Perfect engine with top tier gameplay, amazing models, unfinished story.

idk I always considered all snakes ugly as hell

You clearly don't have superior taste in men then

Wow a bunch of different entrances to a two tent outpost to choke out 4 guys over and over again fucking sick dude

found the cishet

How dare you

Imagine PubG but with the fox engine. Exact same gameplay as TPP and everything just that gay battle royale style online

Would be so sick

best gameplay paired with worst story

Pleb. BB is perfect

Wow, it's as if these two games were designed entirely for two different platforms with completely graphics by two different but shared development teams with different key artists and art direction styles!

What will the world think of next? No shit, Sherlock.

I need a way to farm quality soldiers and level up mother base
I still haven't finished the game because I can't develop the tools needed for some of the missions.

>make one of the best engines in the industry
>use it to make a bunch of notFIFAs, a horror demo, a MGS tech demo, an unfinished MGS game, and a ZOMBIIIES MGS spin off
>no one outside of Konami has used it

Konami doesn't even fucking make video games.

not much, game was pretty good

I agree

FUCK you mods! I got something for you later!