During GameSpot’s quarterly financial conference call hosted today, Chief Executive Officer Paul Raines...

>During GameSpot’s quarterly financial conference call hosted today, Chief Executive Officer Paul Raines, Chief Operating Officer Tony Bartel and Chief Financial Officer Robert Lloyd talked about the performance of the Nintendo Switch.

>Raines started by mentioning that the console has been a “massive success,” generating a growth in hardware sales for the retailer by 14.8% year-on-year. We also hear that the Switch has been GameStop’s “Most Successful Nintendo Launch Ever.”

>Attach rates have been “consistently high” with over 5-to-1 since launch (it’s worth mentioning that Gamestop historically counts accessories in the attach rate, not just games). The company expects “healthy” allocation of Switch units for the second half of the year.

Who can stop this?

Don't they force attach by only selling bundles?

That's funny because I don't know anyone who has even stepped foot in a Gamestop in years

It also includes online sales.

Won't change the fact that I won't buy it until they come out with the super switch.

nintendo doesn't do enhanced console version, only handhelds

Isn't the switch kinda a handheld. Also I recall there being a 32gb version of the wii-u as apposed to the 8gb that it originally launched with.

8GB and 32GB Wii U were both available from launch. There was never any revision.

Oh. . . maybe I should check my funds. I might get it then.

Ill buy one if bayoneta 3

>tfw buying one either ASAP or on black friday depending on if XC2 comes out before or after black friday

4 hours till I find out

Yup. Still, that means people buy it even if people get lots of junk with it. Anyone who said Switch was gonna flop was wrong

yeah if you've ever been in a gamestop, you know this story is bull.
stores are only getting a handful of switches monthly.
its easy to say a console is selling great when your goal is 7.

bestbuy canada has them in stock right now for 500 dollaroos

Be patient, save money and buy gold

Can't you buy it from amazon?

They're $518 on Amazon Canada right now. If you want to buy them at the normal price, you have to wait for them to get re-stocked.

450ish on best buy with shipping it goes up to 510$

thats nice and all but daily reminder

>Nintendoofuses still shop at gamestop.

how will nintendo fans backpedal and deflect from this post?

Those numbers don't count. My feelings do.

I feel Nintendo is and has always been the best and nothing wil change that.

The only reason I bought one now was because I wanted in on the online games before things possibly declined and/or before the paid online service started. Otherwise I would've waited like I did with the WiiU. If there's nothing you absolutely want to play now, there's really no reason to get one. The longer you wait, the more games come out, the more prices drop, and the more patches and new production lines come out to fix any software or hardware problems.

PS4 got outsold by 3DS lmao

>"If it's not number one it's a fucking failure"

>Threads should not devolve into flamewars. Instigating or encouraging such activity will not be tolerated.

You can right now go to the gamestop website and buy one, I walked into my gamestop store last week and bought one so that I had something to do on my flight.

>There were more Steam and PS4 accounts made in the last 60 days then Switches sold

Also most of our youth are playing FPS and Third Person Games then buying Nintendo garbage. They're living in the past by not having enough adult games.

>sales thread with bait comment like "who can stop this"
>implying OP didn't mean to instigate a flamewar to begin with

stop being a beta bitch hallway monitor

I could potentially see a new dock for the Switch that beefs it up, though the main problem then becomes that the handheld mode is dropped in a sense.

Literally no one but you care.

Oh fuck off. No one is comparing the two except Sony shilling faggots. You buy Nintendo hardware for Nintendo games or you're stupid.

Saying "Sony sold more PS4 consoles this year than Nintendo sold switches" is no more relevant in this context than the number of mario games sold on the PSN.

A fucking thread which is purely about how well the switch is doing doesn't need faggots jumping in with irrelevant garbage. Just fuck off.

>Most Successful Nintendo Launch Ever.
that's cute

I doubt GameStop would shoot themselves in the foot badmouthing Nintendo or their performance, or expect to be shafted from various exclusives in the future from Nintendo.

You also don't see Amazon trying to suck Sony or Microsoft's dick since they're the king of the hill; probably the same reason you don't see Amazon doing this same thing for Nintendo.

PR shitpost thread, move on.

Nintendo is outdated, they don't have enough third party support other then shovelware companies and Sega. Not to mention the third party teams that do work with Nintendo are often treated like shit because of their outdated belief that all of their games should be family friendly.

Meanwhile Gabe and Sony have lots of Third party companies flocking to them. Plus most of GenZ are either PS4/Xbox Players or Steam users.

>Sony sales threads die down a bit over the years
>Switch launches and proves to be a big success
>Suddenly the amount of threads about how much the PS4 has sold skyrocket through the roof
Why are people so insecure about a console performing well?

k

Is that why Sony is losing so many exclusives?

sounds like you're the one who is insecure

You forget Nintendo's advantage with its broad range of first party titles. Nintendo don't give the impression that they're ever out to beat the other two just keep a tidy profit to keep on going. You can't debt the switch is surprising.

if you say so

>Switch launches and proves to be a big success

the fuck are you talking about, its been what? 5-6 months and its only at 6 million sales? thats literally the same rate as the xbox one in the same timeframe. its all just PR bullshit to make it sound like its selling like hotcakes. the Wii U had a shit ton of similar articles and look at it now

b-but sony!!

The Xbox wasn't supply constrained, retard

They aren't comparable though. Nintendo haven't been competing with the other two since the Wii. They do their own thing and see where it goes. people don't buy Nintendo games for multiplats - they're just an added bonus

>Switch launched in March and is selling on par with the Xbone
>The Xbone launched in November, right before Black Friday
So... The Switch is a success. Thanks for confirming.

>xbone had to compete with the PS4
>switch competes with nothing

reminder PS4 sold 5 million in 1 month

not him, but the Wii had 3 versions, although the future versions were just cost effective and worse than the original
I hope Nintendo releases an add on that makes the dock provide power, but I doubt that will happen
either way I love my Switch

delete this

Yeah, GameStop loves their bundle bullshit. Honestly, Switch's attach rate would probably be pretty good even if they didn't pull this shit, though. For the Nintendo games, at least.

I don't see how that retroactively makes it any less of a success that it sold 5 million in 3 months. Not to mention the Switch was understocked.
Quit acting so desperate to shit on something.

shit will stop selling at 10m point mark

It will stop itself, they're already approaching saturation point. Will probably sell like 15m total.

>Nintendo saved Gamestop

lol

but nintendo promised me good 3rd party sup[port, nintendo never lies

When can I expect a price drop? I'm just waiting for Metroid Prime 4

What point are you even trying to make here?

The sales numbers so far show that it's selling more quickly than the Xbox One. It sold about as much in four months as the Xbox One did in five. There aren't any worldwide numbers showing how much it sold in 5 or 6 months yet, but regional numbers suggest that it's selling more quickly as time goes on, so the gap is getting bigger.

how about you stop acting so desperate to make something into a big success when it clearly isn't.

daily reminder the switch is selling no better than the Wii U. there is no indication its a big success except for PR bullshit

daily reminder that if you google "wii u limited supply" you get the exact same kind of PR spin articles about there being supply constraints as an excuse for meh sales numbers

Sup Forums unironically supports gamestop

Not any time soon. 3DS only got a price drop because it wasn't selling at its initial price point. Notice how new 3DS hasn't had a pricedrop ever.

>Q4
>Q4
>Q1
Hmmmmmmmm

>Not competing

Maybe not to the same extent, but when both devices play traditional video games, especially a lot of Japanese games, then they're always going to be fucking competing to some extent. A company stating they are doing their own thing doesn't change that fact.There are limits to how many consoles and games a single person will buy.

You're the one taking a current trend, comparing it with a previous one, and assuming the same outcome. You haven't factored in awareness, advertising, and the showcasing of high demand franchises. I understand you desperately want Nintendo to fail for whatever reason but signs are good for the switch right now and since both Microsoft and Sony consistently fail to deliver on all sorts of claims those signs are brighter.

people bought switch not only for nintendo games, they seriously thought switch will get current gen multiplats, you could already see their tears in dbz and ace combat threads, so no, people dont buy switch just to play nintendo games, they had hopes, but not anymore

keep lying maybe someone will fall for it

thats the 4th quarter because the wii and wii u released in the 4th quarter of the year, not all 4 quarters combined you tool

>GameSpot

???

If your entire worldview comes from Sup Forums then no wonder you're so pessimistic. I have serious doubts about everyday folk buying Nintendo products for anything BUT mario and Zelda games.

>signs are indicating

so its not actually a big success, you're just reaching

NO SHIT
A console launched in the Holiday season will obviously sell more than if it was launched in fucking march, you retard

thanks for proving my point

>l-lies, I SAID LIES
this was your point

people bought switch for zelda and now they're sitting as paper weights

I didn't say it was a big success. I said signs were good. Plenty of industry reports get posted regularly here to verify that. I know you want Nintendo to crash and burn but they seem to be hanging in there just fine, sorry.

Yes, minus the stuttering and the all caps. Can you prove me wrong? Or will you post another wojak?

Proof?

Actual numbers? It is this something you just assume because YOU don't want one/don't play yours?

>GameStop’s “Most Successful Nintendo Launch Ever.”

GAMESTOP!

nobody cares about what gamestop does or thinks. this has to be the most irrelevant post of the day.

>its all just PR bullshit

yep. exactly right.

>Notice how new 3DS hasn't had a pricedrop ever.

same thing happened with the gameboy, the gameboy advance, DS, DSi .. you see the pattern? nintendo hate cutting the price of their hardware no matter what.

I swear half of you here are 12yo and only just discovered nintendo last year or something.

see

damage control

>The Wii was immensely popular and ended up with 100 mil lifetime sales
>The Wii and Wii U were released during the holidays
>The Switch was available 2 weeks less during its quarter compared to the Wii U. 28 days for Switch vs 42-43 days for the Wii U
>The Wii U's sales had already dropped like a rock at this point while the Switch is still going steadily
>The Switch's supply is much more severe

But sure, let's just conveniently ignore all those factors.

So you have no idea what you're talking about. Got it.

How is this proof of your paperweight comment?

UH
SHUT UP NINTEN DRONE
BUY A PEE ASS FOOOOOOOOUUUUURRRR

nice meme? when will it end?

>Got it.
it seems like you didnt get it at all
it's alright, not everyone can be smart

The Wii was also available for about 41 days during its quarter

so the shills have gone from "its a huge success, who can stop this?? you're all just sonybros!" to "its slow and steady growth, signs indicate its going to do well, trust us you sonybros!"

epic.

console war faggots cant into fact checking

If you want to look at actual data, here are the totals for the first two quarters from launch for all three:

Wii:
5.84 million (133 days) (43.9K per day)
Wii U:
3.45 million (134 days) (25.7K per day)
Switch:
4.70 million (120 days) (39.1K per day)

Yeah, looking at your posts I can totally see that.

It's almost like Sup Forums has more than 2 people posting at any one time! Crazy thought.

Only in December you fucking retard. The Switch has been supply constrained since launch.

>still has a hard time surpassing the 3ds, which is handheld
LOVING
EVERY
LAUGH

(and I own a PS4, but I fucking hate fanboys of all kinds)

>5 millions in the most market active time of the year

compared to

>fucking March
>People cant get more Switches because they cant produce more Switch because Apple bought all the chips

Sonybros are stupid

I bet you wet your bed when they say the same things for sony or microsoft, don't you?

>Wii
>Sold in Novemeber December

>Wii U
>Sold in Novemeber and December

>Switch
>Launch at March and April

Hmmm ....

This proves that Wii U is one of the worst console blunders of all time then. They should have never bothered releasing such a console. Maybe just have made Wii HD edition instead. It would have sold about as well or maybe better than Wii U.

Actually, considering that Splatoon 2 wasn't a factor in the sales that Nintendo posted, it's fairly safe to say that the Switch sold 4.70 million in 90 days, not 120.