Would you say Valve is worse than Nintendo at this point?

Would you say Valve is worse than Nintendo at this point?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/urza2sbU68Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtu.be/urza2sbU68Q
I don't even care about Valve or their games but holy fuck this man sounds broken.

Reading the fucking script makes it all worse, they could have made that game so easily and nobody would have been let down

Must be nice to be so well off that you can throw away easy money like that. Fans have been begging for years for it. Not that they can live up to the expectations.

Valve was always worse than nintendo

>invented account based DRM
>any good
Pick only one.

making a game requires a huge financial investment, hiring a talented team, etc
Selling skins and DRM is easier.

They are about the same in terms of being greedy fucks, but Valve actively tries to kill PC gaming while Nintendo only really tries to kill themselves and repeatedly shit on their loyal customers. So I guess Nintendo is slightly better.

The sooner they made it the less hype they'd have to meet, definitely

That said, I wonder what would happen if there were no episodes, and just skipped to a HL3

>Metroid's back
>not shit Mario is back
>Zelda is good again
>FE lives
>next-gen Pokemon at some point

vs.

>Dota 2 card game

Valve is pachinko for the West.

without Valve PC gaming would be dead.

Nintendo is actually putting out sequels fans want. Gabe on the other hand is a jew hack who doesn't care about fans.

%90 of people here are millenials who are the reason series died in first place , fags who play Dota,CSGO and their hat infested games.

Half life 1-2 and episodes were great games along with portal and l4d to extent.

sad but its time to move on.

Gaming should have never been mainstream, it was great when some computer nerds were developing games because they wanted to do. Not for political bullshit,not for money, not for awards or anything.

just because they wanted.
h

>Gaming should have never been mainstream, it was great when some computer nerds were

Oh shut the fuck up idiot. It's valves fault, they only care about money and holding their monopolies. Damn you will seriously blame it on the gamers instead of valve itself what a cucked fanboy with stockholm syndrome.

Every company is worse than Nintendo

I don't know who's who and what's what, but I want a basic gestalt. Did a programmer get fired/laid off and leaked information to spite a company?

And with Valve PC gaming is dead.
Either way we lose.

Valve Pros:
Platform for indie developers to easily market their games
1 good game every 2 years average

Valve Cons:
DRM
Monopoly on pc gaming services, you release on steam or your game is fucked as an indie dev
1 bad game every year or an update that ruins a perfectly good game
Microtransactions
Hats/Skins
No quality control for what games can be released on Steam
No loyalty to fans of their games
Gaben is not a man you can trust in the industry

PC gaming is a mistake.

>insults valve's two primary IPs as of now
>fanboy

it is not okay to be retarded

I don't have a clue of what's happening can someone fill me in?

> it was great when some computer nerds were developing games because they wanted to do
So, like the 70s?

Has anyone even genuinely liked Gabe in the past several years? I've never seen anyone voice a reason as to why they still do aside from memes
>DUDE BASED SALES
>HAIL LORD GABEN OUR PROPHET
And up until these past few hours, it seemed like the only ones talking about HL3 for the those years were the same memeshits
>dude valve cant count to 3 LMAO
>where is it le lord gaben xD??

It's all on them you fucking monkey, has nothing to do with any gamers.

Valve was never good.

I would, but the truth is that we're no longer Valve's target demographic. Their target demographic are the younger ones, and they're all into MOBAs and microtransactions up the ass.

They will continue to do well, because their original fans who helped their success means nothing to them anymore. Those new kids will always defend and shill for Valve, because they're addicted to DotA.

DUDE HAHA I'M SO SAD ABOUT A NEXT INSTALLMENT OF A DEAD SERIES NOT COMING OUT DESPITE THIS BEING CLEAR 7 YEARS AGO LMAO

US GAMERS AM I RIGHT?

Main writer for the series released a synopsis for what Episode 3 was going to be but renamed every pronoun to alternates. Such as calling the Borealis it's Beta name and naming Gordon Freeman something else.

It pretty much ends with him saying the market has changed too much for the game to be made and how all his old cohorts are gone from the industry as well. HL3 in the hands of current Valve is financially too risky and pretty much impossible.

If we ever did see HL3, it would fucking have weapon skins and hats.

Just kill yourself

Here come the pcbros.

I played HL, CS, all the mods, etc. and enjoyed HL2 because of the new engine upgrades, but am I the only one who was disappointed with the episodes? I didn't really find them that interesting and felt like I was just playing them to play them.

I never cared about getting an episode 3 or HL3 just so that I could get closure on the story like a lot of people were saying. It's not like I hated the story, it's kind of interesting but it was more about the atmosphere of the games I guess. I kind of hope they're waiting to do something with VR because they know HL3 would've been a disappointment like Duke Nukem Forever.

So HL3 is finaly dead.
What's that have to do with all the Steam hate thread i'm seeing in the catalog?

Where were u wen half life was kill?
Brother call on phone
"Half life is full"
"No"
And u????

This is an 18+ board, user.

Well, ex-writer seeing as he left Valve in 2016.

A lot of people have hated steam for a long while, this is just the final straw for a lot of older PC gamers that have sworn a sort of blind loyalty to Valve.

It'll die down in like, a day. People have died waiting for Half Life 3. lol

Because all of Valve's original supporters are older now, and they target younger generations with their microtransactions and such now. They're like Konami now. Who cares about your original fans when your new ones will throw money at anything little thing you do?

As a company that cares more about money than gaming, it makes 100% sense, and can't really fault them for it. It just sucks.

>Thinking Valve is a bad company because they did what was more profitable instead of finishing their mediocre single player franchise

Businesses don't run on dreams and passion, no matter what you are led to believe by indie creators. Capitulating on the breakthrough successes of CS and Dota was the best possible thing they could have done, and it is what has allowed Steam to become what it is.

You are allowed to be salty about not getting a continuation for HL, but don't be an asshat and claim it's an objectively bad move from Valve when it isn't.

You missed out on Origin, Uplay, Battle.net? They got no monopoly but the others plain suck.

But yeah, Nintendo did nothing wrong, It is okay when they rehash the same boring as fuck characters over and over and never do something new but gimick shit, hell, people bitch on Valve for going for VR But this shit Nintendo been doing for years, VR gimick, motion gimick, handheld console gimick.

I don't think anybody is saying it's a bad move on Valve's part financially to not make a Half Life 3.

I think people are just more mad that they never got a real answer from the fatman himself just saying, "We're not going to make it". Would you consider a company bad for making a majority of their profit from cosmetic items?

>being this delusional

They held off for so long because it's fucking gay.

Oh boy another cliffhanger!

unrated

That's not possible. They just stop caring about it and sell themselves to easy money. Nintendo just keep pretending knowing the fanbase will be eat every shit they vomit.

I mean you can still expect some sort of respect from people still. Not everything is about the money, even more so when you're already swimming in it. I mean fuck Gabe's already a billioniare.

It's not exactly hard to be worse than nintendo.

>being this illiterate

that's not a cliffhanger

At least nintendo can keep big series that the fans want.

A lot of people are using this to attack valve even when there are better things to complain about it. Also, weird as it sounds a lot of league of lesbian players use every opportunity to whine about valve.

Who cares

It was supposed to lead up to Half-life 3 obviously

If that same company also kept the largest digital distribution platform on the globe, I couldn't care less where else they got their money.

The truth is that Valve is a major contributor to the world of videogames, whether people like the games they focus on at the moment or not. Steam alone is such a huge thing that even if it was the only thing they ever contributed, it would still place them firmly at the top of the most influential companies (at least when it comes to PC gaming).

being worse than nintendo doesn't mean you're bad

Valve is used astronomically more than Origin, Uplay, Battle.net, GOG, etc.
Valve is practically the face of PC gaming.

Sequels aren't always gimmicks, but Nintendo has made poor choices before. Give credit where credit is new though, it's hard not to try something new without it being labelled as gimmicky. Two screens, Touch Screens, Voice, Motion, Rumble are all interesting things that have been used in the past for games, and if you reinvent your game too much you alienate fans.

Take Sonic's games versus Kirby's for example.

>it is okay when they rehash the same boring as fuck characters over and over and never do something new
Well yeah because in addition to making competent games that's what their fans want, games where the new doesn't impact the old.
That said Nintendo have been making quite a few new IPs as well as trying new things with old ones lately.

>It is okay when they rehash the same boring as fuck characters over and over

characters are literally the only thing nintendo rehashes

outside of new super mario bros. and the odd sequel (splatoon, pikmin) the games always try something new

This. Nintendo is garbage but Valve has always been cancer

>has forced entire* (*more than 70%) market onto mandatory third-party DRM in form of Steam client
>for years has memeing the audience into it without actually making it useful but with ridiculous discounts at the expence of developers/publishers, also massively increasing competition between each other and also forced early all the dlc, microtransactions
>being praised for developing infrastructure for selling virtual hats and jpg-cards
>somehow makes him a good person

anybody that thinks PC would be dead without Steam is a fucking retard

Fucking ESL's

Try that again, I honestly can't decipher that last part.

Gaben constantly said they still had it going and later he refused to comment on it, while at that time they probably shitcanned it. So why not say it was out of the running and you want to shift your focus to other avenues?

It is not lack of respect to not produce exactly the kind of content that a small part of your consumer base wants. If anything, catering to the larger majority of said consumer base is the respectful thing, because after all, the needs of the many supersede the needs of the few.

>immediately goes to MOBA shit when talking about Half-Life
This here, everyone, is Valve's new cash cow. This is why they no longer care about their original fan. They will mindlessly go to any lengths to white knight their stupid game.

>the combine is a billion times more powerful than anyone on earth could imagine and they cannot be stopped
>a cliffhanger
if you're a retard maybe

>Valve is practically the face of PC gaming.
That is depressing as fuck.

because nobody has ever played Half Life. Do you think anyone on Sup Forums right now would be old enough to play half life when it was released in 1998?

That was 2 decades ago and it's an obscure game compared to Valve classics like Portal, TF2 and DOTA2.

>waiting 10 years to play another generic fps with a gay ass ending
>it's ok because it'll lead into this sequel that we were never going to get!
Nigger you're fucking retarded kill yourself now.

Because maybe they genuinely have been tossing around ideas and prototypes of the game all this time, but it just hasn't formed into something that they wanted it to be.

An infinity project that they are finally willing to let go.

He means nintendo keeps pretending to care while in reality they know they can just push the same shit over and over and get their sales.

At least I think that is what hes saying

>obscure game compared to Valve classics like Portal, TF2 and DOTA2.
I almost thought this was a troll, but then realized this is the new generation of gamers.

I just didn't want to admit that PC gaming has died and turned into something completely different.

>dude, all powerful alien race lol
>dude, timelines lol
>dude, copout for more shitty sequels that were never going to exist because Valve is incompetent retards rofl

Off thyself, fanboy.

Hamburg is in October.

While I believe this was the case earlier when he was giving the 'its done when its done' response, I think its pretty obvious later they gave up on it and he just spewed the same 'no comment' shit. It would have been better if they just said they gave up on it and then when they have a new team together that seems to get somewhere rehype it.

So Nintendo catering to what their fans want is somehow bad?

>nobody ever played it
Not a valid argument in this day and age.

Doom 2016 did just fine and it's not like it reinvented the fucking wheel. Half Life 3 could be done in the right hands.

In order for Nintendo to be on par with valve they would have to cancel mario and do nothing but run a game library service.

It would have been better, but is it really such a big error of judgment that it warrants the vitriol that is being directed at Valve now?

What happened? My browser won't load a 6,000 post sticky

They're shit in different ways.

Valve is like Youtube where they are extremely adverse to human oversight, and the storefront is a mess because of it. Sometimes selling literally unplayable games.

Nintendo treats their customers with absolute contempt and doesn't try to mask it anymore, usually companies will keep that on the down-low.

Valve doesn't seem to be getting worse (since the initial Greenlight flood), and them being forced to implement refunds was sweet. But they won't improve until they apply some actual curation to their storefront.

Nintendo on the other hand is just openly not giving a shit anymore, what with the limited mini consoles and selling 30 year old ROMs for astronomical prices.

see

>dude, gaben lol

Kill yourself.

Doom is just a smidge more iconic than Half-Life. Of course it's going to ride on the brand name (not to imply DOOM was bad, just pointing out the fallacious assumption).

>If you want a new difficulty, buy the toy

>If you want to be taken seriously online, buy 10 boxes in hopes for a nice hat

I think its more the fact that they go in every consolewar with the idea of "our fans will eat our standard shit anyway so lets focus on other groups and shit out the usual mario/zelda/kart stuff, even if its standard they still like it." While I think it is fine in some cases, in other cases like new super mario bros 2 they obviously went for easy money. I remember this article during the gamecube days when they went in confident because they had loyal fans and then over the course of Sony raping them with the PS2 they were getting afraid because even their fans jumped ship. It is the pride that turns people of nintendo.

It is because with this older players realise they are an outdated consumer. A person that demands quality and only wants to pay upfront once, instead of the newer P2W/DLC setup where devs make bank on later sales. HL is part of the early times when people made mods, games were smaller and shit was pushed ever further, where an AAA game was made by a new team. Now valve set their sights on a new generation that is glad to pay for hats. And with the cancellation of HL3 the old players realise it.

Maybe Gabe is planning to make a game about Japanese goblins

Half-life is iconic enough, at least now, that if it were Duke Nukem Forever levels of bad, people would still buy it to a large degree.

It might be more iconic but I guarantee more people know what Half life is than Doom. People who have never even play it before would buy it solely because of how huge the "HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED" meme is. And the worst part is that atleast by looking at the script it would have lived up to the hype.

>dude, gaben lol

How did you even come to that conclusion from my last post? All I'm asking is if miscommunication is a severe enough sin to be branded worse than Hitler, as Sup Forums seems to be doing to Valve now.

No they wouldn't you delusional cunt.

Valve was never good, you shiteater.

>It is because with this older players realise they are an outdated consumer.

Yes, market trends do change and it's not exactly the fault of Valve, is it?

>Valve was never good, you shiteater.
Elaborate. Every game Valve has put out has been atleast a 8 out of 10. You seriously can't be telling me that Half life 2, Tf2 or left 4 dead are bad games. There's a point where contrarianism needs to stop.

>the fault of Valve, is it?
the old consumer is scared and feels abandoned so it lashes out, especially to the people that might try to help them.

>At this point
Did you brainless retards really need 5 years of absolute downhill and jewish scams to realize you were getting fucked in the ass?
Did you really just fall from the clouds now? Tell me it's not the case please, nobody can be so oblivious.

Valves management structure is the literal worst ive ever seen, its a miracle that they havent gon e under, for real

Go back to tumblr or kys. You're not wanted here.

This is the best thing that happened. Its so easy to make money per post ruining valves reputation for a better company than ever. God bless that fat fuck!

WHO/WHAT IS THE GMAN FFS

Well, their good reputation and general good will on the internet is officially demolished. So there's that.

Valve are becoming Blizzard.

Remember when they cancelled Starcraft Ghost? It was all downhill after that