Pyromancer thread

Pyromancer thread

List out games where you can blow shit up with magic. Preferably 2010 or newer rpgs because beautiful graphics for bright flames

Divinity: Original Sin

all the dark souls, not bloodborne tho, closest you can get is a flamethrower

I actually got to the last forest zone where you're suppose to get through catman's waifu's traps a year or two ago. Biggest complain would be the lack of dress up and meh story.

If only I can stand the grind. I played a bit of 3 a while ago and stuck mostly with swords. When does pyromancy gets good enough to make pic related proud?

Curious about this too, regarding dark souls

Dark Souls 2 had better Pyromancy than Dark Souls or Demon's, but I haven't played 3 so I can't say if it's the best. Heavy firepower, circumstantial firepower, support firepower, it had it all.
My arsonist hobo was actually a semi-viable build in the arena. It was pretty difficult for opponents to avoid both Fire Snake and Forbidden Sun at once.

>Dark Souls 2 had better Pyromancy than Dark Souls or Demon's
Are you fucking high or something?
>shitter combustion animation
>no fire surge
>worse aoe pyromancies than in both of those, especially in Demon's where running firestorm was literally gamebreaking
>awful new pyros aside from forbidden sun but of course that one was nerfed into oblivion, garbage like immolation had virtually zero uses because it had like 40 hp tick while killing you in 10 seconds
>entire fireball line of spells utterly nerfed, can't manually throw it to the extent DS1 allows it, need to go to ng+3 to simply get great chaos fireball and it's shit
DeS meanwhile allowed to quite literally break the fucking game with fire sorcery.

Underrail allows you to be a fire-based psi user also rocking an incendiary pistol and Molotovs.
There's an immolation psi that allows you to burn entire areas while being fully resistant to fire for 4 turns.

You didn't even play Dark Souls 2, otherwise you know about:
>Exploding fireball that is that is teleported to you, not launched (Flame Swathe)
>Proximity mine fireballs (Lingering Flame)
>Long lasting healing circle fireballs (Warmth)
>Train of fire that suddenly appears and tries to nail you from the side (Dance of Fire)
>Torrent of fire pillars that home in on you (Fire Snake)
The only thing it was lacking was Fire Surge.
And Forbidden Sun was never "nerfed into oblivion". At least not as far as I could tell.

Not an RPG technically, but Orcs Must Die 2 is great for just mindlessly blowing shit up.

>Flame Swathe
Garbage, nerfed into oblivion.
>Lingering Flame
30 seconds long lingering, virtually useless for its own primary function.
>Warmth
Literally the only good thing about the entire pyro school in DS2, but it's also blatantly overpowered as it was usable on any build.
>Dance of Fire
Good luck actually using this piece of shit for anything.
>Fire Snake
Useless in pve, only has situational usage in pvp, even then tracking is shit compared to black serpent from DS3.
>And Forbidden Sun was never "nerfed into oblivion"
Why are you opening your mouth if you have no idea about what you're talking about?

>Why are you opening your mouth if you have no idea about what you're talking about?
You should be asking yourself that. Did we even play the same game?

Dragon's Dogma

I'm not the one who doesn't know that forbidden sun got a huge damage nerf early in the game's life cycle. But you probably jumped the epic prepare to le die Bamco bandwagon later like a huge chunk of DS2 cocksuckers to know that.

This one came out not too long ago, but Mages of Mystralia lets you craft fireballs explode into another spell upon contact (or even ice balls that explode into fire), fireballs that recursively launch more fireballs upon contact, fire that rains from the sky, etc. The magic crafting is honestly really fucking cool.

Just Cause 3

>tfw meteor hits your dolled up waifu pawn instead of the giant monster in front
GOAT immersion

No fast travel kinda kills it though, does this game have mods?

>No fast travel

say what? use fucking port crystals you pleb

I never used Forbidden Sun in my first playthrough. At the time I preferred dual wielding Mundane Avelyns.
It wasn't until more than a year later that I came back and really got into the game with multiple playthroughs and builds such as Pyromancy. If Forbidden Sun was even stronger on day 1, then frankly it might have needed that nerf. I never thought it was underwhelming in the slightest when I finally used it. If anything it seemed like a perfectly balanced spell.

There are some mods, yeah. It's been over a year since I played though, what I used was mostly graphics-related. The game does have fast travel though.

It does have fast travel
Only mods I've seen for it are replacing the main menu theme with the original

Grim Dawn
Pillars of Eternity
Divinity: OS
DD:DA
Modded Skyrim
FFXIV (Black Mage at Level Cap)

I'm not interested in why you are blatantly uninformed despite being cocky as shit.
During release FS was actually worth of shit amount of casts and high attunement cost it had. Not now. But quite frankly it describes DS2 in its entirety as pyromancy was literally shoehorned into the game on later stages of development so we got this awful mockery of an excellent DS1 school. Not to mention how puny it looks compared to DeS.

Never heard of this one before. The trailer remind me of magika which I got bored quickly. Does it have a decent enough story or something to give you a purpose to progress other than killing shit?

Been years since I've played. I just remember having to backtrack a fuck ton and most of the world was pretty empty. The freedom and combat made it last a while, but I quit before finishing post-dragon NG+

The story's decent enough. You follow a young mage as she tries to investigate a couple of bad happenings in the land. It's nothing spectacular, but it's far from dull. She's also got this complex about finding her place in the world because mages are shunned by the general populace, and because in the intro she burns her house down and kills her uncle by accident, causing her to be exiled from her village.

You start off with your magic being pretty pathetic, but once you start collecting runes that modify how your spells act, it really picks up.

Disgaea. i don't have a WEBM of Fire magic, but it goes pretty close to what you described.

FFXIV has some cool explosions as a Black Mage

>Pillars of Eternity

Magicka
Earth Defense Force (not magic tho)