What should Just Cause 4 be like?

What should Just Cause 4 be like?

It should have better optimization than 3.

the franchise is dead

More collecting, less challenges, also less sci-fi, having a jetpack kinda ruined the fun of goofy "realism" of just cause 2.

it shouldn't exist till they take their rightful place as the real inventors of open air games

It should be less boring. JC3 failed because the creators thought that adding various goofy gimmicks ewuated to fun, rather than refining the core gameplay such as driving and shooting. JC3 is wholly unfulfilling as a third person shooter which, at its core, is all it is.

There also would need to be more things to do, the map would need to be more varied and the feeling of leading a resistance or helping a faction to claim control of an island should be refined and built upon. JC4 could be a pretty awesome game if it followed these principles

grapple car drifting
Closelining people and vehicles

>driving

I don't understand how real human beings tested the game with those driving mechanics and thought it was fine, I feel like I'm streaming the game from the moon when I'm riding a motorbike the lag is insane

It should be developed by the A team that fucked off to make an utterly forgettable Mad Max game.

Too bad that's never because I think 3 flopped and Square Enix kills anything that sells less than 30 million.

hopefully like just cause 2 and 3 but with better mechanics, the driving and shooting in 3 sucked ass

they also really need to address how boring the open world feels because there's nothing going on 99% of the time, sometimes you see rebels fighting the military but that's it

I doubt this series will continue anyway

Better than 3.

16 person co-op, that's all i want, just cause 2 online on the pc was fucking awesome.

I don't think we need it. Not for a long time at least.

>they also really need to address how boring the open world feels because there's nothing going on 99% of the time, sometimes you see rebels fighting the military but that's it

There were story missions in the third game that had battles with a counter to see who was winning, it would have been neat to see that happen organically during gameplay, maybe an already liberated base comes under a counter attack and you had to defend it or lose it, or your actions (killing civilians) lowers the confidence level on a town and if it falls too low the people even up revolting against you and welcome back the military

Just cause 3 wouldve been so much better if it had a better protagonist

Less repetitive.

it's a just cause game so it needs to have Rico. the issue is nu-rico sucks ass. they dialed down on the cheesy and campy coolness of Rico of prior games and try to make him a more through-and-through badass, which didn't really work. and the new voice actor they hired for him was a terrible fit

Run at a tolerable framerate
Make the gameplay less repetitive, ESPECIALLY town clearing
Make the map smaller but diversify and densify it, make more bases in unique locations that are cool (desert airstrip, cliffside air base, water oil platforms) like in 3, that's the best part about 3
Add more weapons, and allow for more approaches (perhaps some stealth gameplay? Rico can sneak into bases and let the rebels in to help clear the base more)
Refine the gameplay from 3. Re-add rolling, add a cover system, allow shooting while paragliding and driving, allow autodrive so Rico can stay on the road if he's engaged in conflict
Remove the base clearing in 3, or make it so that every object that's destructible is marked
Add more enemy types, just shooting grunts all the time is so boring

3 honestly feels super unfinished and is a major step down from 2.
2 is borderline perfect

Just Cause 4 with color filters

they should have kept the guy from 2

>What should Just Cause 4 be like?
It should be able to run on my fucking gtx 1080 and not crash at the god damn title screen

Remember the JC2 MP weekends?

It needs to not have always on leaderboards.
I had to turn off my internet to get it to shut the fuck up, and it still doesn't actually show the leaderboard, so i can't even do the bullshit trophies attached to it.

>making the MC even more generic
>completely remove any personality of all main characters, no turn them into zombies so we don't have to wory about dialoges
>streamline the gameplay that hard until you can play with the push of only on buton
>lock all exiting and good content behind DLC paywall
This will be the perfect JC4

Better scripted missions instead of just liberating shitholes.

JC2 with better graphics and more destruction.
JC3 basically missed what made JC2 fun.

Get someone who has actually driven, been in, or seen a car to program the driving, holy shit.

Disagree completely. The jetpack and mech in JC3 are the best part.

I think the game needs a focus on tighter combat and more bases to destroy. More map variety would be nice too.

Wait, aside from technical issues, why do people hate 3?

>Put on some music and turn down the in-game audio
>Reoccupy a base
>Go nuts in some creative ways

Fuck the collecting to upgrade shit. Make the guns feel good by default like the first Just Cause was to some extent.
Proper gibbing. Ragdolls stopped being amusing a long time ago.
Even better movement mechanics

There shouldn't be upgrades in a game like this, or at least how they are in this game. It limits the fun.

just like jc2, with bigger map and more verticality, more memorable landmarks and interesting "biomes"

biggest problem of jc3 was the map, it had absolutely nothing of interest, driving was godawful compared to jc2 and they removed collectable hunting/100%'ing which was a core part in jc2

my only memorable moment in jc3 was just something I made for myself, not by the game, but when I took the grapple and gliding suit to fly around the entire map, which took if I remember correctly about 45mins

for jc2 I remember all the times I'd just listen to my own music and mindlessly grind the map towards 100% completion, something that's very cathartic to me and that was completely scrapped in jc3, JC2 took 200hrs to 100% and jc3 took about 40

Haven't played since 2 but did they actually put stuff in the world in JC3? Because in previous games it was literally 99% empty jungle and copypasted ruin parts. From what I remember there weren't even any animals.

Bigger map
More shit to drive
More destruction
Less Square Enix

what's wrong with jc2 world? it's not supposed to be a nu-gta for adhd children who need some unique npc shouting meme jokes at every street corner

There are some animals at least.

Parachute was great, grapling hook was great, wingsuit was even better than both of those two combined. So all of those should stay, while adding some new means of "transportation". Snowboarding perhaps, with those one-wheel boards for non-snowy regions

That's not what I meant. I meant they could have been way more creative with their world design. It's already ridicilously over the top so why not put in some cannibal tribes deep in the jungle or dinosaurs? Anything that makes exploration more rewarding.

Original devs, dump rico, dump wingsuit, paradise islands like in jc2, big cities, a lot of missions, ninjas/pirates whatever wacky and not-so-serious baddies, unique places to explore and for the love of god bring back mile high club. It's that simple - almost like just cause 2 but shinier.

Shit biomes

The wingsuit was a great addition but the map was fucking horrible in 3
No variety at all
Also the guns somehow felt even worse

After jc2 the world feels bland and they copy pasted A LOT. Clearing cities in jc2 was repetitive, yes, but the biomes and variety in towns/cities made up for it. Blowing shit in jc3 IS fun, but that's all there is

there are plenty to explore in jc2, the james bond satellite dish site, that ww2 imperial japanese death ray site, those huge fucking mountains with little towns on top of them so you can push the npcs off the bridges or some shit, LOST reference island, the blatant reference to that jackie chan movie Who Am I and I could go on

now in JC3 there are zero land marks or any references like that I can think of, and those that I named are just off the top of my head after not having played for 3 years, but for me there's plenty to explore in jc2, the map is good for that

>JC2 took 200hrs to 100%
user...
Without mod you can't even reach 100%

I know, I liked those things, especially the lost island. But if you look at the number of unique places in relation to the size of the map, it's not weird that a lot of people want more of that and less empty space.

MHC is in jc3 although it's crashed down

No fun allowed

Cancelled

Just cause 4 shouldnt happen just cause

>ninjas/pirates whatever wacky and not-so-serious baddies, unique places to explore and for the love of god bring back mile high club
Will all be added
With DLC

I was basically on 99.80% before I found the first of those radar dishes or whatever that are found along the beaches. I think I destroyed 4/30 or something before moving on from the game.

I know there are genuine valid complaints about JC3 but I enjoyed it a shitload. Significantly more than GTA V for example because it was actually fun.