Post-partum depression thread

Just beat Dark Souls 3, now i'm depressed as fuck. What an amazing game. Anyway, is the DLC any good?

Is your name curtis?

Usually women only get post-partum depression. I guess men can get it to.

I have a friend who probably has it. He drinks constantly when before it was only occasionally on the weekends.

Nope, not curtis
I just wish the game would have been twice as long. I feel like I rushed it a little

>What an amazing game

No wonder you're depressed. Try to play a game that is actually good.

DLC 1 is meh to bad and DLC 2 is pretty good. Get both for the complete experience storywise.

>05
Good because fuck curtis` wife. Literally fuck that bitch. She's a fucking cunt. She's a little girl in an adult womans body. Her daddy jerked off in front of her when she was a preteen. She's damaged.

When she had the baby she immediately got post partum depression because all of the sudden real adult responsibility kicked in and she was forced to take care of the screaming child.

Ever since then she started smoking again and now when money permits she regularly gets drunk and on some days wasted just to survive the horror.

She is not a mentally healthy individual nor is she a responsible woman.

/thread

This thread is off to a wonderful start.

it was a good game though

did you even play it

Yes, it has a lot of flaws and no replayability, the pvp sucks ass as well.

A good game can have its flaws. Also, Irithyll of the Boreal Valley was the prettiest zone of any game I've seen.

if you liked the base game you'll probably like the dlc. I know I did

not your blog

I'm glad you liked it, OP!
The DLCs are worth it, yes.

3rd souls worst souls

Really? There's no way.

This.

ITT: contrarians

yes, the dlc brings the game from a 7/10 to a 9/10

you are missing out if you dont get it. TRC is a good end to the series

Thanks. What made the base game a 7/10 for you? What was good/bad

TRC is good but not as an ending

It has tons of flaws that make it a bad game.

is she hot tho?

god i hope so, ready to jack off

The DLC doesn't fix anything that's wrong with the game and is just a continuation of a lot of things that are bad about it. It has some good moments sure but it doesn't bring anything huge to the table.

Realtalk

DLC1 is pretty good with an interesting new area and one great bossfight, but the general consensus is that it's short. DLC 2 is just amazing all-round, much longer and with more goodies and a great end to the series.

You have to get both however, DLC1 starts a storyline that leads into and concludes in DLC 2. If you count both DLCs as one $30 or whatever package, I'd still say it's worth it.

name 5 of them

>I feel like I rushed it a little
Probably because the game is full of fucking nothing, and leaves the player wanting more.

Anyway, DLC1 is shit except for 1 boss fight, which is arguably also bad. DLC2 is actually incredible.

inb4 those 5 reasons are all nostalgiafag nitpicking

>no replayability since ng+ adds nothing new
>infinite rolls+least punishing/easiest to use estus in the series
>most vanilla bosses are either too easy or gimmicky
>covenants are either boring or broken
>no poise

Don't listen to this guy. Just buy Ringed City. The "Story" that the Ringed City finishes is so blatantly tacked onto the game that it isn't even worth the time, and the ending to Ringed City is barely a nod to what Ariandel starts in that ONE nameless NPC says ONE line of dialogue when you beat DLC2 and go back to DLC1, and it affects absolutely fuck-all. DLC1 is a waste of time unless you really want to fight it's last boss.

>yes, the dlc brings the game from a 7/10 to a 9/10
EVERY FUCKING DARK SOULS GAME

Why do people still believe this meme?

>infinite rolls
?
>no poise
There is poise.

>?

You can roll infinitely since rolls barely cost stamina.

>There is poise.

No there isn't. There's only hyperarmour which you only get from specific weapons.

>no poise
>flaw
Pick one.

Ashes of Ariandel - Dark Souls 2-esque DLC, fun all around in a compact, circular, cohesively-themed area that rewards exploration. 1 great boss, 1 "that's kinda cool" boss

Ringed City - first half is ugly as fuck and mostly a straight line with minor deviations to the side every now and then. second half is LITERALLY a straight line with no deviations in the road at all. second half has impressive backdrop and '''''city''''' as a level but you walk down 1 street until you reach an ass-ugly, flat swamp and then climb halfway up a small mountain devoid of any features to fight the boss. admittedly has 3 great bosses, and 1 "your mileage may vary" boss

the season pass should have either been more expensive to fund 1 more DLC, or just to make the existing ones bigger. particularly the second one, it was insulting to even name it "The Ringed City" when you're in the city for maybe 15-20 minutes TOPS of your first playthrough of it. and it's one fucking straight street.

Poise affects whether you can tank certain attacks or not with hyperarmor since the first DLC patch. It doesn't effect neutral stance but it does matter for some weapons.

It's not a meme, Dark Souls DLC is how DLC is supposed to be done. DS1 DLC was really good. DS2 DLC was still dogshit, but people seem to think it was good. DS3 DLC was sort of meh but still pretty good followed by amazing.

>No there isn't. There's only hyperarmour which you only get from specific weapons.
I didn't know this was a YLYL

>Shitty weapon and armor variety.
>Shitty gimmick bosses.
>Stamina managment is gone/combat is dumbed down to retard-proof levels. Most problems are solved by simply rolling twelve times and then hitting instant Estus.
>Shitty NPC quests that break almost immediately after you start them.
>Paper-thin plot. Everything relies entirely on DaS1 to have any weight, especially the Lords of Cinder who are supposed to be the stars of the game, but are generally just nobodies whose explanation amounts to "Remember Dark Souls 1?!" (Abyss Watchers/Aldirch) or "We didn't even bother finishing this" (Yhorm, who doesn't even look like the cinematic version and has virtually no lore).

Poise does fuck all. You need so much of it just to take one extra hit from any enemy that's worth a fuck that it's not worth having in the game at all.

With Yhorm's shield and Havels you'll be lucky if you can tank and extra R2 during an Ultragreatsword swing.

>Poise does fuck all. You need so much of it just to take one extra hit from any enemy that's worth a fuck that it's not worth having in the game at all.
>
>With Yhorm's shield and Havels you'll be lucky if you can tank and extra R2 during an Ultragreatsword swing.
i dont like ds3 either, but i cant help but feel like you dont understand how ds3 poise works at all

Are Soulsfags seriously too retarded to understand that DS3 has no actual poise?
It's just a stat that only affects hyperarmour and is only relevant (even then, just slightly) when using attacks that give hyperarmour in the first place and which would give it even without you stacking poise.
Miyazaki realized how fucking retarded Soultards are and """""fixed""""" it for you idiots with the dlc patch.

I just explained how it works, in that it barely works even in the situations it's supposed to do something in, i.e. "Hyperamor".

I haven't even played this game since a week after TRC came out. also
>poise only affects hyperarmor
>but Miyazaki fixed it so it works more similarly to classic poise
good shit

r2s arent meant to be tanked. with max poise you might be able to armor through a greatsword r2, but nothing but another ultra r2 should tank an ultra r2.

r2s are literally the counter to poise

Because it was true for DaS and Bloodborne.

Poise now requires you to
1. Wear heavy armor and
2. Use a large weapon
Do you know what this prevents? Havelflipping katana users poising through everything and backstabbing you. It also helps heavy weapons be not worthless because now you can get a hit on someone faster than you if you can predict their attack. Face it, faggots, DS3 poise is better than 1 and whatever the fuck 2's was by far.

2 was close to perfect. it had a mix of both systems where you could also "half stagger" that would slow your movement if your poise almost got broken

You don't understand the point I'm making. Hyperarmor already makes you completely immune to most R1s, so the only fucking purpose it has is to let you swing through R2s, which it doesn't do either unless you pile high a shit ton of it. It's a useless fucking stat.

It doesn't work anything like Classic Poise. You can punch spam someone in full Havels with the Wolf Ring and Yhorm's shield and they'll get chain-stunned as if they were naked, unless they're already swinging their weapon.

>Poise now requires you to
>1. Wear heavy armor and
No it doesn't. The benefit from stacking poise is so fucking miniscule there's no reason to do it. Ever. There is no poise in DaS3. It's a wasted stat and it doesn't do shit.

>whatever the fuck 2's was by far.
Get the fuck outta here, you clearly haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about.

>Hyperarmor already makes you completely immune to most R1s
extremely hyperbolic

Not at all, but ok. I find it funny that whenever poise is brought up in relation to DaS3 people come out of the wordwork to try and defend it, like removing it, but leaving in the game in an almost entirely useless capacity, is a really great thing that the series needed for a long time.

It was broken in DaS1.
It was great in DaS2.
It's fucked in DaS3.

The reasoning for this is so obvious too. From just didn't like that defensive characters could trade with their comically aggressive enemies, so they axed it late into development and then through together a "solution" to try and save face.

The dlc's are amazing, Ariandel is a bit short but Ringed city is the little cherry of top of the 6 foot tall cake.

>dark souls
>no replayability
Holy fuck i sure do hope september comes around very soon to have to deal with less of this 14 years old fifa playing bullshit.

People who think 2 is better than 3 should probably neck themselves.

MUH POISE

DaS3's replayability is extremely limited compared to the first two games because NG+ adds nothing, and trying out various builds to play through the game isn't as fun because getting decent weapons for them takes too long.

The only thing 3 has over 2 is graphics and presentation. Other than that 2 did quite a few things better, enough that they're at least both equally mediocre.

did you even play the other games in the series? and i mean really played not just skimming through them once and calling it a day? cuz if you did you'd realize DkS3 could've been much MUCH better than the shallow style-over-substance garbage that we got.

can a fag with a butter knife stunlock you to death in your full havels? if yes, then there is no poise.

I was talking about DS3, you cunt nigger. It has no replayability cause it doesn't add shit in ng+.

They aren't huge, but they're definitely good.

Awful bait, sage

>liking a well-received game is bait
How far down the rabbit hole are you?

>DaS3
>anything but trash

So this is the power of Sup Forumseddit.....

I literally beat SOTFS last week and am re-playing DaS1 now. I had it at 1>3>2 originally, but going back to those made me realize what an absurd all-around improvement 3 is in every regard other than purely the way the areas inter-connect.

You are literally brain damaged if you can't see Dark Souls 3 polished every single aspect from gameplay (far more combos with L1 combinations into R1, R2, weapon arts, etc), to music and bosses with several phases, with pretty much the only flaw being that it's noticeably more linear than the others. Spouting buzzwords you read in IGN reviews like "style over substance" makes you look like an idiot.

>Linear World: the world is just a straight line with the occasional dead-end branch, no longer can you run loops around the game's world, skipping and bypassing sections at your whim, this extremely hurt the replayability of the game.
>Casul-friendly invasion system: invasions are no longer the toughest, most tense, and unexpected encounters you can have in the game, they have been reduced to nothing but a minor nuisance for the host and his party of buddies.
>Teleportation from the start: no more Blighttown/Painted World experience where you're stuck in a tough area and your only options are either to push forward, or walk all the way back like a defeated bitch. now you can just teleport to that little 'homely' hub of yours, whenever you feel in danger.
>lack of stamina management coupled with spam/stunlock-fest combat: almost every problem in the game could be solved with a massive application of the R1 button, straight 'noob' swords are clearly superior to every other type of weapon in the game, and the lack of poise makes any naked motherfucker with a butter knife stunlock you to oblivion in your full havels and FUGS.
>no weapon degradation: instead of balancing it, they outright removed entirely, breaking your opponents' op weapons is no longer a valid strategy.
>a number of extremely disappointing bosses in a game where the only good thing in it are a couple of bosses: approximately two thirds of the game's bosses are disappointingly easy and mechanically shallow, to the point where calling them "Bosses" is an insult to the title.
>External Hub: yay Loading Screens.

>Spouting buzzwords you read in IGN reviews like "style over substance" makes you look like an idiot.

Dark Souls 3 is imo the ultimate example of style-over-substance, the game has a fancy presentation, epic music, epic animation, but the gameplay itself is extremely shallow compared to its predecessors.
For example looks at bosses like Yhorm, he's got that epic lore, that intimidating design, that bombastic choir, but his fights ends in a few seconds, and even if you didn't use the Stormruler he only has like 3 easy-to-avoid moves he keeps spamming for 10 minutes.
Look at Wolnir, they nailed that spooky atmosphere and design as well as music, but he's legit one of the most embarrassingly easy bosses in the series, he literally doesn't take any more than 30 seconds to beat (usually shorter).
Look at the Abyss Watchers, dat edgy music, with dat edgelord design and anime moveset, when they are the easiest multiboss fight in the whole series, hell even the Ruin Sentinels were tougher.
the whole game is like that, it wows you with its presentation, but then fails in the gameplay department, they sacrificed too much for the sake of player comfort and convenience, the game is too simplified and streamlined.

DS3 is good for the multiplayer, otherwise the game is completly linear, the bonefires are less than 20 feet apart, you don't have to fight enemies to access the next zones and there's always a way to cheese the "tought" bosses.

Dark Souls 3? More like Roll Roll Roll Fashion Souls 3

>it wows you with its presentation, but then fails in the gameplay department
This is why so many people love DaS3 so much. They see something awesome and that's all that matters.

Never mind that Aldrich has almost three zones of build up before falling over like a fat lard to any +0 fire weapon, or that Vow of Silence makes him stumble around the room harmlessly. Or that Pontiff is constantly touted as some incredible encounter with Jojo-tier memes, despite the fact that anyone with a half-decent shield or the most basic ability to parry can kill him before he goes into phase two. Or that Ancient Wyrm is a Skyrim-tier fight where the most difficult thing is kill the dozen or so snakemen on the way to one-shotting him. Or that Vordt is a retard that has such shoddy AI that he'll flail at the wall for 30 seconds before turning around. Or that Dragonslayer and Crystal Sage are so mediocre that they both become normal enemies later. Or that Deacons of the Deep is a contender for the most pointless fucking boss out of the entire series roster of bosses.

The presentation was good, so idiots eat that shit up, and act like DaS3 is some incredible entry to the series when it's the most shallow entry with the least amount of content.

You seem upset.

>He fell for the "Dark Souls 3 is bad" meme

Yeah its not bad, its awful

just this.

I was so fucking hyped about Das3, I even bought that fucking game so I can play invasions and shit. I wanted a good atmosphere game, with a whole new good lore to read through, new places to explore, fashion souls and slowly beat the game.

In the end I got a "remember DaS1", here are some characters, who are just here without any reason, what if we make the fucking textures uglier than in DaS1 and all the levels have the same colors, how about fast souls, What if we streamline the whole game?

Das3 is shit as fuck.

Dark Souls 3 is literally BB but with less care and creativity put into it. If you really enjoyed it you have absolute 0 taste

Calling Dark Souls 3 a Souls game should be a bannable offense