Tfw tons of people received early copies and had loads of time to train

>tfw tons of people received early copies and had loads of time to train

Should I just give up?

Can you drive me to get Chinese food

no because combat is mostly decided by deck building and youll just look those up online

Where do you live?
I don't know where to look for stuff like that I'm bad at google

Havre de Grace, Maryland

>multi-player "hardcore pvp" bait
>the game will devolve into "meta" youtube/twitch garbage within a week
it's shit don't bother

Its a toned down baby's first 4honor game

It looks boring as shit and repetitive

You should've given up in general

>devolve into "meta" youtube/twitch garbage within a week
even though i like the game and it's mechanics this is probably true.

>dis nigga got a sword!
>chill senpai I got this
>*power armours through being cleaved in half*

Thanks !

It's the Absorb ability from the Kahlt combat style. calm down, sperger

>doesn't have grappling

Literally worse than for honor.

Any game that gives special treatment to streamers and other "personalities" Deserves anything bad that has or will happen to them

I think after a hundred hours you'll surpass some of these players if not all.
One interesting thing though is that it dropped from the top sellers now.

it plays nothing like for honor though

I don't have a car.
For Honor sucked dick though.

Game looked interesting but how much PVE and Single Player content is there? I couldn't give less of a shit about competing with faggots who just read guides on the optimal method of playing which is what the PVP will be in a day or two after launch like every other modern multiplayer game.

>they could've made it an avatar game if your fighting style could be chosen with an element

Missed chance, now it's just a shittier 4honor

Oh you piece of shit dont lead me on like that I just fucking ordered it

Apparently the campaign is rather short so besides gear/move collecting there won't be much to do besides pvp.
but the devs already plan on doing free dlc and our devoted to postlaunch updates/balancing

Lame bait but you had a cool point.

I think they said more fighting styles will be forthcoming, which could conceivably include a grappling style. Grappling animations are obviously a lot trickier than most, since you really need to make sure the grappler's hands map correctly onto the target's body, as opposed to just striking a hurtbox. It would be nice to have at least a few grappling moves, even if it's not a full style.

There's basically none. You just fight a bunch of AI controlled opponents, and from what I've seen they aren't very hard to beat. It's really about the PvP. This may change in future, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

>One interesting thing though is that it dropped from the top sellers now
While I'm sure it interests a lot of people. It's a multiplayer centric indie game. They are DOA 99% of the time because no one is willing to gamble that THIS is the one that will attract a player base. Ironically fear over a small player base is what destroys the player base. Multiplayer games need massive advertising campaigns so normalfags get into them, otherwise they're doomed unless they get massively lucky by chance like that PUBG shit.

Don't worry, we're all gonna make it bro!

RIP
Without anything outside PVP, the game will die in a matter of weeks unless it gets massively lucky. I figured they would put more effort into the co op shit they've mentioned a few times since that would push people into playing online with friends keeping the random PVP alive, like Dark Souls.

It'll succeed as long as it has better netcode than 4honor.

Avatar was shit and the poor reception of the Korra game made it clear that fans of Avatar aren't interested in good gameplay, they're interested in big budget flash and spectacle.

what style will you be using and why is it kahlt?

>Avatar was shit
now hold on just a sec

Pubg wasn't luck it was insane twitch advertisement. The whole development team owes their lives to twitch.

That roundhouse is incredibly satisfying.

Because the multiplayer market is just so welcoming right now with such runaway hits as Street Fighter V, King of Fighters XIV, Quake Champions and Lawbreakers. It's not like PUBG is currently destroying the market for games trying to market via streamers or anything.

Probably Forsaken because it'll be the least used.

Windfall cuz im not a shitter that needs babymode protection that doesn't require any use of reflexes.

>Multiplayer games need massive advertising campaigns so normalfags get into them, otherwise they're doomed unless they get massively lucky by chance like that PUBG shit.

Not every game needs to be as successful as PUBG to be considered a success. You don't make a game like this thinking you're gonna get a massive mainstream audience, it's just not the right genre.

I'd guess that, given that Sloclap are former Ubisoft devs, it's more of a small-scale passion project designed to get their studio off the ground. I'd bet that good reviews are more important to them than sales, because the former acts as a calling card when people come to check out their next game. As long as they recoup costs, or close to it, they'll probably be satisfied.

Forsaken because I'm a tryhard.

>Avatar was shit

Good to know you have shit taste

Anyway story shit aside my point was that bending fights would've been really cool thats all.

>because it'll be the least used
that's wrong. every twitch streamer and his mom is using either forsaken or windfall. not counting the shitters who claim stagger

Overhyped

For honor with 10 times less content ]

It will be DOA if not a few weeks later

Whenever I see people asking what style they will use, it's always Kahlt or Windfall with Forsaken being the least mentioned. Stagger will be meme stance so very popular among normies.

Stagger of course. If the game doesn't die and enough people are interested in the game we should just get a legion of staggering drunk monks together.

Or, you know, they could just make singleplayer content to not be two and a half tiny maps.

>that doesn't require any use of reflexes
all of the defense abilityies require proper timing, dingus.

Kinda looking forward to it, i have some doubts about the longevity but it's pretty cheap so fuck it. Even if it dies in 6 months i think i will get my monies worth.

Are you afraid to give an actual opinion regarding the game?

>we should just get a legion of staggering drunk monks together.
>implying i would play a game together with the filth of Sup Forums

It was lucky that they got enough players at launch that anyone on twitch was even streaming it and was able to find a full match. That's the kind of luck you need as an indie multiplayer game. You need enough people to buy the game initially on faith alone before it can even begin to make an impression on a wider audience.

You need to capture SOME audience, or your game is dead in a matter of weeks and people won't even buy it on sale, see: Battleborn. Studios don't survive on reviews alone unless they're a prestige studio owned by a console manufacturer, like Team Ico.

That's what I would prefer too but in this case it seems like they've put all their eggs in the multiplayer basket, the retards.

>asking for a legitimate opinion on Sup Forums

>6 months
It wont even last till the end of september, with some pick-ups when DLCs drop.

Anyone who played in the closed beta who can explain why you'd want to help someone you just killed up? I read an early review from PCGamer where the reviewer beat the shit out of a dude with his buddy and when he tried to help the player they just killed up the guy went ahead and tried to kill them again

Low effort.

Sure lets go

When you hit people it looks like you dont do fucking anything cause the sound is like 2 dicks slapping together

SP content is bare to nothing despite being close to 30 bucks for essentially a MP only game

There's only a small amount of "classes" or fighting styles whatever you wanna call it

Its an indie game without any form of advertising so it's already 90% chance of it being dead real fast, if it helps For Honor was bad but it had fifty times more content and advertising.

There, happy?

>devoted to postlaunch updates/balancing
You cannot state that till the game actually comes out.

>so fucking mad about a game that you come and shit talk about it
Holy shit go back to for honor

Plenty of retards will buy it and then realize its a fighting game and quit due to the skill ceiling, like every other fighting game.

I bought the game and am excited to play it, actually, you FUCKING RETARD.

It's just what will happen because there isn't any content.

How would you know what two dicks slapping together sound like? Hmm?

>You need to capture SOME audience
well obviously, but that doesn't mean they need an audience the size of PUBG's. A low budget game can afford to have a small audience.

>Studios don't survive on reviews alone
That wasn't what I was implying, I merely meant that having a well-recieved first title is a critical part of getting your brand out there. Positive reviews sell games even beyond the game they're reviewing.

It's a fighting game, the content is the fighting.

>so wildy upset
You shouldve stayed in for honor, you won't handle absolver pvp with your temper

>You cannot state that till the game actually comes out.
That's true. But since it's their first and currently only game I'm sure they'll live up to it

Looks more boring than For Honor, and that's pretty sad.

until you realize it only does 3% damage in pvp, like every other move

I don't have a temper, I was making fun of you, as you were very quick to name call dumdum.
With the equivalence of a fighting game that has four (4) characters.

>A low budget game can afford to have a small audience
No it can't. Because when an audience gets small enough, that becomes a barrier for new players to play the game. A multiplayer centric game NEEDS a sizeable community or it will face a death spiral. It always happens, look at all the indie arena shooters. They don't fail because they're bad, they fail because not many people buy them at launch, and that small playerbase leads to potential new players shying away because they assume the game is dead, dying, or impossibly difficult to get into because everyone playing it is utterly devoted to it. Toxikk, Reflex, Xonotic, there's nothing wrong with them, they just were too dumb to realize that good gameplay isn't enough to sell a game, particularly a multiplayer one.

>FUCKING RETARD
Seems like you don't have good memory as well, I didn't think you will handle absolvers combos either.

>You cannot state that till the game actually comes out.

But that's not true at all. Being devoted to something is a statement of intent. You can only say whether they act on that intent after the game launches, but you can certainly make your intentions known beforehand.

Making a promise and then keeping it is important currency in the video game development world, and as a new studio those are exactly the kinds of things they need to be successful in the long run.

Good thing you wont need to memorize that shit for long cause this game will die faster than for honor LOL

Why is everyone comparing it to For Honor? This is a strictly melee game utilizing a more somber color palette. There's also nothing else to do in For Honor after the main story besides replaying the same match types on repeat. I don't know why it's being praised for its content when its graphics and combat mechanics were more satisfying.

>Multiplayer games need massive advertising campaigns so normalfags get into them, otherwise they're doomed unless they get massively lucky by chance like that PUBG shit.
last time i checked neither
>PUBG
>Siege
>POE
>Warframe
had a massive advertising campaigns and all of them are still growing

>I didn't think you will handle absolvers combos either
What is with these people in the thread who are devoted fans of this game that isn't out and is from a studio with no track record? I don't like to accuse people of being shills but seriously, what the fuck, why are you acting like this game is a masterpiece when it's not even fucking out?

>complete garbage games are growing
Its a sad world

Because it has the wheel shit and its a 3rd person """fighting game"""

It looks worse than For Honor too lmao.

>PUBG
>Not a massive advertising campaign

Literally that's what it was entirely built on bro. Just a huge Youtube and Twitch advertising campaign after getting various streamers and shit on board.

>first game to look similar to For Honor even if it isnt 99% identical
>WTF WHY DO PEOPLE COMPARE IT

??

Just calling you out on being retarded that's all. No need to jump to conclusions.

I want to start a North Korean type country where looking up guides and posting information is punishable by death. The internet is severely restricted. And all MMOs are a sword art online type situation.

Siege is the best online game availiabe, must suck being a shitter

Nope
Modern Warfare 2 had massive adertising campaign, PUBG had nothing

I don't understand, where do I praise the game in my post? Or is your logic, not being hostile to a game=shilling?

>four (4) characters
4 characters with each interchangeable move/combo lists

>so fucking mad about a game that you come and shit talk about it
>Holy shit go back to for honor

Name calling wasn't right, I suppose. I should have said having your feeling hurt so badly on an anonymous board, that you make baseless claims such as me having ever played For Honor, or that combo's in Absolver would be hard. lmao at your life

The game is more like a slow paced Blade Symphony than For Honor anyway.

Arena shooters require far more people to have a healthy multiplayer community than a 1v1 fighting game does, though. Those games were also all competing for an existing audience of shooter players, the majority of which are not interested in playing that style of shooter or are already playing games that are similar enough that it isn't worth switching.

This game's only direct competition is For Honor (which could end up being a significant hurdle).

Also this game technically has single player, while as far as I'm aware the arena shooter games do not. If the reviews are good enough, there will inevitably be some curious people picking Absolver up on sale even if the community is non-existant.

Your post hasn't convinced me, stay in for honor please.

>a lucky freak accident that was already mentioned in the post you're quoting
>a massive budget AAA release that had commercials on mainstream television
>2 F2P skinnerboxes
Now can you give me an example of a game similar to absolver that did well? How about For Honor, oh wait, its playerbase is dead despite having a massive marketing budget.

>Youtube and Twitch
so every single game has a huge advertising campaign
good to know lmao

Most people are going to copy their favorite streamers combo list, or look online to see what the "meta" is

It will inevitably be a "this combo is the only ultimate move set for x stance"

Is it like Chivalry?

People see the stance hud and immediately think it's like For Honor even though it plays nothing like it

It's more the assumption the game will have a deep complex combo system that would be beyond us mere mortals. Incidentally I'm not the guy who was shitting on the game, I just find unambiguous positivity about an unreleased game kind of odd on Sup Forums.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, other than the game will not last 6 months.

no, it has lock-on combat as opposed to freeform swinging.

>Now can you give me an example of a game similar to absolver that did well? How about For Honor, oh wait, its playerbase is dead despite having a massive marketing budget.
Feel free to post actual For Honor player numbers, not Steam players.
Its more than alive and its the 2nd best selling game this year so far #1 being Wildlands

Absolver wont even sell 1/4 of that and wont even keep near that much players after 2 months

>and as a new studio those are exactly the kinds of things they need to be successful in the long run.
My point is that doesn't mean that they will. I buy games based upon what is presented on release. Not on what a dev may or may not do in the future.

But the thing with that is that you can counter build everything.

>deck building
Christ this game just keeps getting worse with every new thing I hear about it. I thought it looked pretty decent based on the videos I've seen.

This is Sup Forums who are a bunch of autistic retards, who think For Honor is the only game to ever use the directional stance mechanic.

>There's also nothing else to do in For Honor after the main story besides replaying the same match types on repeat.

as opposed to this game, where you'd just be doing 1v1s? what a stupid contrast to make

Keep being delusional, my friend. It's obvious you are blinded by hype.

Developers should hire some of you virgins considering your ability to predict the future so accurately.

Maybe theirs a some correlation between virginity and autism and the sight.

>this mechanic is too complicated for me therefor it is shit

If you actually believe that, you're a moron that's never played a competitive multiplayer game before. There is always a meta.

>Siege
>massive AAA budget and marketing
topkek
educate yourself retard because it had neither