Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u3qJ_E79AIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PDv45eYdNKw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You'll never know and you never should know

But that's just a theory...

A plot device.

Literally me.

Freeman Dyson, inventor of the Dyson Sphere.

An enemy of the Combine

His name was Robert Paulson!

I'd much rather know who his employers are.

He was a magician.

me

Our dad

Sans Undertale from earthbound

He is an alien from a world that has been invaded by combine.
He is nothing more than a simple soldier. There is many more like him that has been sent to many worlds at war with combine.
Each world war effort against combine is nothing but a grain of sand in the desert.

Sernandoe

If you're interested, I can forward your CV.

The head of trans-dimensional human resources.

Space government

>The right man in the wrong place could make all the difference in the world.
>The Borealis was the wrong place
>Alyx was the right man

So do they all look human?

It was me sorry.

1/5 there's tons of right man in the wrong place possibilities

He was just a business man that did the arranging for some superior group, his objective seems to be stopping anyone from getting their hands on teleporting technology, at least that's what his moves cause

Freeman is a schitzo and gman is just a part of his imagination.

A matured member of the Advisors' race working to get revenge on the Combine

aged Gordon freeMAN.

My peenus weanus of course :D
haha!

Endings like that are such shitty cop outs.
>LOL IT WASN'T REAL

this

Future Freeman

The ghost of John and Gordon's father.

>Man of few words, aren't you?

Better question - why do people still want a Half-Life game with Laidlaw gone?

Because him and all of the other writers probably already had the script done, and any kind of closure for the episodes would have been good.

Because he's not the only decent writer on the planet.

He is one of the real Combine higher ups though maybe a mid-tier guy himself. He's using Freeman for their own ends in a game of interdimensional 10D chess

The G-Man is an agent of some Alien power that is opposed to the Combine.Or they might have some grander goals beyond that, but from the perspective we have in the games everything revolves around the Combine. Rather than tackling them head on, they work behind the scenes, fixing the game board and arranging the pieces for maximum impact once everything is set in motion. Just look at everything the G-Man throughout the series, it is basically just meticulously set up dominoes.
>Gives Black Mesa scientists an alien crystal thing which causes the Resonance Cascade, attracting the attention of the Combine and laying the groundwork for Humanity's teleportation technology
>Makes sure Gordon Freeman is in the epicenter of the whole incident, allowing him to clear out Xen and allow it to be used to enable in-universe teleportation in the future
>Places Gordon into stasis for 20+ years, release him right as human resistance perfects the in-universe teleportation technology
>Enabling Gordon to destroy the Combine portal link, forcing them to go looking for alternatives like the Borealis

And factoring in the contents of Epistle 3, Alyx was a contingency plan in case he every lost control of the game board, as is what happens at the beginning of Episode One.

>closure
>episodes
Nah it's just another cliffhanger after cliffhanger and the writers in suicide watch for writing themselves in the corner

Future Walter White.

Gordon Freeman from a diffferent timeline.

Literally any game they published could have been closure after Eli dying and the insane wait for Episode 3.

So, who was he?

Might be a human, might be some alien, but in the end his powers correspond exactly to the stuff the Borealis had. So it's likely he's from some future, reality, or whatever where the tech of the Borealis was mastered.

It doesn't explains why he brought Combine to Earth in the first place.

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY FREEMAN

>claims he sees value in Alyx after having rescued her from Black Mesa
>leaves her to die in the Citadel explosion at the end of HL2

He already changed his mind in Episode 2.

He made himself look like human, in other planets they are in the native species's looks

In the grand scheme of things writers are really not that important when it comes to video games. Video games are a huge collaborative effort, the initial script produced by the writing team rarely resembles the final project even remotely after it has been filtered down through every stage of development. Just look at the plot elements contained within the leaked Half-Life 2 beta compared to what we got at release.

Am I the only one who hates Alyx The Ugly Cunt?

She ruined the series for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=u3qJ_E79AIQ
>carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi

Was Breen foreshadowing /dysonposting/?

[PAIN]

I hated her in the base game, but she grew on me in the Episodes. Her killing Mossman like she does in the synopsis would have made me hate her again though.

He froze time, who is to say he didn't intend to take her away separately?

I dunno why people are so butthurt about the ending, its a fairly common theme in science fiction that 'we won our battle, but a bigger war is out there'

It would have been fine if it came out in 2008 or 2009 like it was supposed to, but it didn't, so of course people are butthurt.

So, who was he?

babies who are only satisfied with endings where the good guys win

The fact that the vorts had to save her.

They interrupted him, we will never know what he was going to do after putting Gordon on ice again.

a retarded faggot theory! Support me on patreon

Tommi Korpela

slim gabe

He is Mr. Gay

youtube.com/watch?v=PDv45eYdNKw

FULLY

CIA

greg, cave prime's assistant
aperture lab's perpetual testing initiative is at war with the combine

Because it's not a book and he's not that much of a great writer anyway. Half Life was just as much set design as it was story. It doesn't need him, so long as it has suitable elements.